Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Fair points there bud.

If they hadn't wasted all that money on Henderson' date=' Downing and Carroll (becoming a laughing stock) then they would have significant funds available to make some astute signings.

Suarez will surely one day be expecting to be playing with lots of 'top' players at Liverpool, but if they dont appear or get purchased then maybe his head will also turn toward a 'bigger' and better team with genuine hopes of the top trophies.[/quote']

I think Suarez wont leave Liverpool unless either Real or Barza places a juicy offer for him. Dont see him changing teams, and way WAY less to another team in England (not that i think another team in England would place an offer for him after his reputation).

He actually contributes to the game creating chances for others whereas Carroll who does get blamed a lot does absolutely nothing.

Would you rather have Eric Meijer or Titi Camara over Carroll?

Actually thinking about it at least Titi knocked in a few goals.

Serious question though:

Who was responsible for the purchase of Carroll? Was it Dalglish or Commoli?

Would you rather have Eric Meijer or Titi Camara over Carroll?

Actually thinking about it at least Titi knocked in a few goals.

Serious question though:

Who was responsible for the purchase of Carroll? Was it Dalglish or Commoli?

Think if we could have knocked up some sort of deal to bring Heskey back I'd have been happier than when we got Carroll. :D I'd assume it was Dalglish from what I've seen Dalglish's signings are: Henderson, Carroll, Adam and Bellamy and Commoli's are: Coates, Suarez and Downing, wonder who is better at buying? :P We should give Comolli the overall say, I know Kenny is manager but purchasing flops is never going to help.

Think if we could have knocked up some sort of deal to bring Heskey back I'd have been happier than when we got Carroll. :D I'd assume it was Dalglish from what I've seen Dalglish's signings are: Henderson' date=' Carroll, Adam and Bellamy and Commoli's are: Coates, Suarez and Downing, wonder who is better at buying? :P We should give Comolli the overall say, I know Kenny is manager but purchasing flops is never going to help.[/quote']

Tbf Bellamy and Adam have done alright for you lot.

Every club buys 'flops' on occasion but it is the cost of the flops for you which stands a mile above the rest.

Let Commoli pick the targets and get a much better negotiator in to haggle the price (Ridsdale:p?)

Liverpool fans overrate Suarez way too much, his really done nothing for you.. 9 goals in 32 games(premier league) or something stupid just take a look at his stats from todays game for example, i saw after 80 mins he had 9 shots 1 was on target.

His just easy on the eye cause he does all the nice fancy stuff, but his an awfal finisher who looses possesion way too much, his part of the reason you're doing so poorly. Liverpool have not much going on for them atm tbh, these recent results aren't a tempory dip of form its the buzz around your camp dying down and slowly but surely revealing your extremely average squad who will seriously struggle to get a Europa place at best.

Liverpool fans overrate Suarez way too much' date=' his really done nothing for you..[/b'] 9 goals in 32 games(premier league) or something stupid just take a look at his stats from todays game for example, i saw after 80 mins he had 9 shots 1 was on target.

His just easy on the eye cause he does all the nice fancy stuff, but his an awfal finisher who looses possesion way too much, his part of the reason you're doing so poorly. Liverpool have not much going on for them atm tbh, these recent results aren't a tempory dip of form its the buzz around your camp dying down and slowly but surely revealing your extremely average squad who will seriously struggle to get a Europa place at best.

I don't post on here too often, but sorry i had to comment on this; what utter rubbish you’re talking. I don’t even think it’s worth having a sensible debate with you when you post stuff like this.

I don't post on here too often' date=' but sorry i had to comment on this; what utter rubbish you’re talking. I don’t even think it’s worth having a sensible debate with you when you post stuff like this. [/font']

Suarez is vastly overrated by Liverpool fans, that much is obvious,

I honestly cant see a striker better than Suarez (excluding Ronaldo and Messi ofc)

I don't post on here too often' date=' but sorry i had to comment on this; what utter rubbish you’re talking. I don’t even think it’s worth having a sensible debate with you when you post stuff like this. [/font']

The post i have just quoted is meerly evidence of your dellusion...

Im pleased to see a few people agree with me, if not to the same extent.

Liverpool fans overrate Suarez way too much' date=' his really done nothing for you.. 9 goals in 32 games(premier league) or something stupid just take a look at his stats from todays game for example, i saw after 80 mins he had 9 shots 1 was on target.

[b']Preposterous. In general (key words here), Liverpool fans do not overrate him. We know the type he is and if we considered him as one of the best goalscorers in the world, we wouldn't be wishing for us to sign a new striker. Suarez is the main creator in our team and the main problem is that we don't have other players who can score. Suarez can obviously score goals but what is his main skill is cutting in from the left or right dribbling past a player or two and passing for someone to tap in a goal. We don't have the players to score so sometimes Suarez's efforts are no good because 1) the players in front of the goal can't score 2) he has to try from an impossible angle because others are not in a good enough position.

[/b]

His just easy on the eye cause he does all the nice fancy stuff,

Partly true.

but his an awfal finisher who looses possesion way too much,

Not an awful finisher. He's proven that he can score but he's going through a dry spell and no-one's expecting him to reach the figures he did in Holland. An awful finisher would be someone like Carroll or Torres. He loses possession quite often but here's another key part: He's the only one in the Liverpool squad (bar maybe Johnson) who can make something happen with his dribbling ability so it's vital he at least tries, or we would score even less. And this is a big part of why the Liverpool fans rate him highly: without him we wouldn't have anyone creating the opportunities and to a lesser extent, finishing off the opportunities.

his part of the reason you're doing so poorly.

Not sure what you mean by this but the truth is quite the opposite. Without him we would have no creativity in the final 3rd.

Liverpool have not much going on for them atm tbh, these recent results aren't a tempory dip of form its the buzz around your camp dying down

the buzz around our camp is by no means dying. Sure you can go to Twitter and see a dozen LFC 'fans' saying 'Kenny out' but the majority of fans are staying positive and I'm sure the players go into every single game determined to prove themselves. Even Carroll is making a real effort on the pitch but his lack of skills and mobility make him look really lazy

and slowly but surely revealing your extremely average squad who will seriously struggle to get a Europa place at best.

Extremely average? Explain, please.

And finally to your most ridiculous point: we'll seriously struggle to get a Europa League place? I'm going to assume you know that 3 clubs get a EL place so could you explain the 2 clubs who could possibly replace us from the top 6? Since the League Cup winners are going to be either us or City, everyone from top 6 will make it to Europe so explain at least the one club who will push us out of the top 6.

Our biggest problem by far is the absence of Lucas. He is more missed than Suarez would be. Adam has to play in a defensive role where he can't contribute in attack nor has he got the skills to actually play as a proper DM.

The post i have just quoted is meerly evidence of your dellusion...

Im pleased to see a few people agree with me' date=' if not to the same extent.[/quote']

Evidence how? In what way is quoting all of my post back to me proof of anything other than your ability to click the quote button?

Some of the points you made are valued, but the two i highlighted are utter rubbish. I've never said he's the best player in the world, but to blame him for our poor results? Do me a favour. You’re probably the type that thinks Roy Hodgson press conferences make perfect sense....

If they hadn't wasted all that money on Henderson' date=' Downing and Carroll (becoming a laughing stock) then they would have significant funds available to make some astute signings.[/quote']

I agree with this part. You can only begin to imagine the position they would be in if they had spent their money wisely and across more positions to strengthen the team far better rather than blowing it all on a couple of players that have far from proved themselves, except Downing that has been decent.

We should offer Berbatov a contract in 5 days' time...

We need a poacher. He is a poacher. Why not?

He is lazy at times but can't be much lazier than Carroll at times, would certainly be a step up from him and could do the job whilst Suarez is out, would love to see those two together though, creator and poacher. :eek: Seems unrealistic but what's the harm in trying. :)

He is lazy at times but can't be much lazier than Carroll at times' date=' would certainly be a step up from him and could do the job whilst Suarez is out, would love to see those two together though, creator and poacher. :eek: Seems unrealistic but what's the harm in trying. :)[/quote']

£40m and he's yours ;).

He's a massive Suarez fan' date=' as shown by the quote Salty suggested.

I agree with Adam and others who have said it, Suarez is overhyped and his current record just doesn't live up to the kind of player he's made out to be.[/quote']

I am fan of those players who bring titles to my team and my NT (mostly my team). I am no massive fan of Suarez, although i stand to my word saying that i dont see any striker better than Suarez (excluding Ronaldo and Messi). Scoring goals is obviously important but who else scores a lot of goals in Liverpool?