Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

lol he could hardly deny it.

He shouldnt get any credit for admitting he did it.

I'm the last person to say anything nice about Suarez, but I thought he deserved some credit for admitting the charge and accepting the punishment. I assumed he and Liverpool might deny it, try and wriggle their way out, appeal, or wear Suarez shirts, considering past actions.

I thought he might try a defence along the lines of,

"Back in Uruguay this action means 'you're number one', many people do this to their friends to tell them they are the best."

I'm the last person to say anything nice about Suarez' date=' but I thought he deserved some credit for admitting the charge and accepting the punishment. I assumed he and Liverpool might deny it, try and wriggle their way out, appeal, or wear Suarez shirts, considering past actions.

I thought he might try a defence along the lines of,

"[b']B[/b]ack in Uruguay this action means 'you're number one', many people do this to their friends to tell them they are the best."

No that would just be retarded.

No one can deny that charge and he doesnt deserve any credit at all for admitting it.

:confused:

Just in case anyone wasn't aware:

More opportunity for Andy to score now. They won't be signing "what a waste of money" then will they? :D

Wouldn't mind seeing Kayal in a Red shirt come January.

And what do you guys think of Kranjcar? Reportedly unwanted by Spurs, and been linked with us before. Always a player I've liked, not sure if its just his one off spectacular goals he scores or what, but wouldn't mind seeing him at Anfield either, depending on the price-tag. Wasn't Comolli involved in bringing him to Spurs too?

He also 'admitted the act' of directing a racial slur toward Evra. Also I think that the images captured of him raising the finger at Fulham fans may have prevented him from doing anything other than 'admitting' it.

Come on Cheeky id have thought the past 30-40 pages of discussion would have cleared up the "facts". He HAS NOT admitted to directing a racial slur at Evra he has admitted to the use of a certain word and the context of it is what the real debate is. Im afraid the only person who has CLEARLY and DELIBERATELY issued a racial slur is Evra towards Suarez. In Suarez case the the context is what is in debate....but hey One bloke has been charged and one bloke let off.....That's justice for you :rolleyes:

Tbh its all well and good him 'admitting' these things' date=' but if the guy is going to keep being such a muppet and getting suspended/courting controversy as he has done since his time in Europe, then LFC are never going to benefit.

[b']I think you will find that Liverpool have benefitted enormously with his signature and massively improved the team.[/b]

He scores nowhere near enough goals, however he is the main creative spark for you lot up front, and until you can rely on him to sort himself out it may well be worth looking at 'alternative' options.

his goalscoring record so far is not as good as hoped ther's no doubt of that but it aint awful. He is one of the most skillful, creative and exciting players in the League and his general performances have been top notch.

No matter how talented he is, he is no use to you in the stands and the sooner he bucks up his ideas the better for you lot.

Id agree in principal if it wernt for the fact that he has not missed ONE GAME through any kinda suspension before Friday Nights game so his disciplinary record has been very good in general bar the one obvious incident which is ongoing and who knows how that will end and when with the incompetent lot at the FA who knows when that might be!

Just seen this on another forum,

9 May 2011: Manchester United and England player Wayne Rooney is photographed and videotaped making a clear V-sign toward Chelsea fans. FA decides not to take action.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/09/wayne-rooney-punishment-sign-chelsea-fans

17 December 2007: Chelsea and England player Ashley Cole is photographed making a clear V-sign toward Arsenal fans. There is no immediately available record of the FA taking any action.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/dec/18/newsstory.sport4

19 January 2010: Manchester United and England player Gary Neville is photographed clearly extending a middle finger toward Manchester City’s Carlos Tevez in full view of fans, at the end of a heated local derby. There is no immediately available record of the FA taking any action.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/7041988/Manchester-United-captain-Gary-Neville-to-escape-FA-action-following-obscene-gesture.html

Just seen this on another forum' date='

9 May 2011: Manchester United and England player Wayne Rooney is photographed and videotaped making a clear V-sign toward Chelsea fans. FA decides not to take action.

[url']http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/09/wayne-rooney-punishment-sign-chelsea-fans[/url]

17 December 2007: Chelsea and England player Ashley Cole is photographed making a clear V-sign toward Arsenal fans. There is no immediately available record of the FA taking any action.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/dec/18/newsstory.sport4

19 January 2010: Manchester United and England player Gary Neville is photographed clearly extending a middle finger toward Manchester City’s Carlos Tevez in full view of fans, at the end of a heated local derby. There is no immediately available record of the FA taking any action.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/7041988/Manchester-United-captain-Gary-Neville-to-escape-FA-action-following-obscene-gesture.html

None of the above are racial insults which is at the center of topic.

Originally Posted by cheekylad68

He also 'admitted the act' of directing a racial slur toward Evra. Also I think that the images captured of him raising the finger at Fulham fans may have prevented him from doing anything other than 'admitting' it.

Come on Cheeky id have thought the past 30-40 pages of discussion would have cleared up the "facts". He HAS NOT admitted to directing a racial slur at Evra he has admitted to the use of a certain word and the context of it is what the real debate is. Im afraid the only person who has CLEARLY and DELIBERATELY issued a racial slur is Evra towards Suarez. In Suarez case the the context is what is in debate....but hey One bloke has been charged and one bloke let off.....That's justice for you

Suarez admitted using a term which, if said in this country is deemed to be a 'racial slur'. Whatever it means in Uruguay etc is irrelevant as he committed the act here and was charged here.

I agree Evra also needs to be punished though.

Tbh its all well and good him 'admitting' these things, but if the guy is going to keep being such a muppet and getting suspended/courting controversy as he has done since his time in Europe, then LFC are never going to benefit.

I think you will find that Liverpool have benefitted enormously with his signature and massively improved the team.

Really? Since he has joined you have become a more 'solid' unit, which imo is down to Dalglish, Lucas and the defence. Your scoring record as a team has been poor since he arrived - not sure how this equates to massively improving the team:confused:

He scores nowhere near enough goals, however he is the main creative spark for you lot up front, and until you can rely on him to sort himself out it may well be worth looking at 'alternative' options.

his goalscoring record so far is not as good as hoped ther's no doubt of that but it aint awful. He is one of the most skillful, creative and exciting players in the League and his general performances have been top notch.

Adel Taarabt is one of the most skillful, creative and exciting players in the league too. However as Suarez is a striker, if he is not scoring enough goals then all the skills and creativity in the world aren't going to improve your goalscoring record which has been poor to say the least.

No matter how talented he is, he is no use to you in the stands and the sooner he bucks up his ideas the better for you lot.

Id agree in principal if it wernt for the fact that he has not missed ONE GAME through any kinda suspension before Friday Nights game so his disciplinary record has been very good in general bar the one obvious incident which is ongoing and who knows how that will end and when with the incompetent lot at the FA who knows when that might be!

Another way you could look at it is in the year Suarez has been with you he has been banned for a minimum 9 league games.

Or you could also argue that in the last 14 months of European league football he has received bans totalling a minimum of SIXTEEN matches.

If he was a 20+ goal a season striker , or weighed in with around the same number of assists then you could argue he would be worth the potential disciplinary issues that he brings with him.

Replies in red

Suarez admitted using a term which, if said in this country is deemed to be a 'racial slur'. Whatever it means in Uruguay etc is irrelevant as he committed the act here and was charged here.

I agree Evra also needs to be punished though.

How many times.....he has not admitted to racially abusing The hypocrite that is Patrice Evra. I cannot be bothered to go over it again and again....he has not admitted it hence the impending appeal.

Really? Since he has joined you have become a more 'solid' unit, which imo is down to Dalglish, Lucas and the defence. Your scoring record as a team has been poor since he arrived - not sure how this equates to massively improving the team:confused:

Yes because before we signed Suarez we was a much better team wernt we???

I find that whole paragraph ludicrous, Suarez has massively improved our team his energy, skill, creativity, ability to make something out of nothing, pull defences apart etc etc....

This tme last year we were struggling to get top ten now we are in a cup semi and launching a challenge for a top 4 place, id say that was quite dramatic improvement and Suarez has been one of if not the main catalyst in this resurgance.

Think of a Liverpool team with Suarez in it, then think of one without him in it....I think it is fairly evident which one is massively better.

Adel Taarabt is one of the most skillful, creative and exciting players in the league too. However as Suarez is a striker, if he is not scoring enough goals then all the skills and creativity in the world aren't going to improve your goalscoring record which has been poor to say the least.

What a completly proposterous comparison. Adel Tarabt has proved NOTHING in the Premier League. He may be able to create etc against Championship sides but against better teams and better defences he has been registered null and void. Suarez has scored goals and creates many chances each and every game against the best defences in the country week in and week out

All the creativity in the world clearly does help and it aint just Suarez responsibility to score goals it is the team's. Dennis Bergkamp was never a massive goalscorer yet was still a world-class player it aint all about goals, Suarez adds so much more and if you cant see that then im afraid you need to get to Specsavers :)

Another way you could look at it is in the year Suarez has been with you he has been banned for a minimum 9 league games.

Or you could also argue that in the last 14 months of European league football he has received bans totalling a minimum of SIXTEEN matches.

If he was a 20+ goal a season striker , or weighed in with around the same number of assists then you could argue he would be worth the potential disciplinary issues that he brings with him.

Not quite sure what anything he done at Ajax has got to do with Liverpool, I will repeat up until tomorrow night he has never missed a match for Liverpool since he got here.

As i say to all the other fans we dont really care if you think he is worth having or not, we know how good he is and we thoroghally appreciate having him.

Suarez admitted using a term which' date=' if said in this country is deemed to be a 'racial slur'. Whatever it means in Uruguay etc is irrelevant as he committed the act here and was charged here.

I agree Evra also needs to be punished though.[/color']

How many times.....he has not admitted to racially abusing The hypocrite that is Patrice Evra. I cannot be bothered to go over it again and again....he has not admitted it hence the impending appeal.

He admitted using the word "Negrit0" -

He has been charged with using the word "Negrit0"

Yes because before we signed Suarez we was a much better team wernt we???

I find that whole paragraph ludicrous, Suarez has massively improved our team his energy, skill, creativity, ability to make something out of nothing, pull defences apart etc etc....

This tme last year we were struggling to get top ten now we are in a cup semi and launching a challenge for a top 4 place, id say that was quite dramatic improvement and Suarez has been one of if not the main catalyst in this resurgance.

Think of a Liverpool team with Suarez in it, then think of one without him in it....I think it is fairly evident which one is massively better.

Tbh you give far far too much credit to Suarez for his 'impact'. Kenny has organised you lot into a team with an almost impenetrable defence.

Under Hodgson you were all over the place defensively. Under Kenny you are not.

The goal ratio of the Hodgson and Kenny regimes are very very similar.

That is the reason you are better. Not because of Suarez or you would have a much better goal ratio whether he is creating or scoring them.

What a completly proposterous comparison. Adel Tarabt has proved NOTHING in the Premier League. He may be able to create etc against Championship sides but against better teams and better defences he has been registered null and void. Suarez has scored goals and creates many chances each and every game against the best defences in the country week in and week out

All the creativity in the world clearly does help and it aint just Suarez responsibility to score goals it is the team's. Dennis Bergkamp was never a massive goalscorer yet was still a world-class player it aint all about goals, Suarez adds so much more and if you cant see that then im afraid you need to get to Specsavers :)

I can see Suarez is a good player - of that I have no doubt. However comparing him with Bergkamp is also a ridiculous comparison. Bergkamp got more assists and goals than Suarez (over the yearly average), whilst also noting that Bergkamp was not the focal point of Arsenals attack - Henry/Wright were.

Suarez is the focal point of your attack so to let him off with a poor goal return due to his "skill and creativity" are just blinding you from the facts that he is scoring nowhere near enough for you, and the team are suffering in front of goal as a result.

Not quite sure what anything he done at Ajax has got to do with Liverpool, I will repeat up until tomorrow night he has never missed a match for Liverpool since he got here.

As i say to all the other fans we dont really care if you think he is worth having or not, we know how good he is and we thoroghally appreciate having him.

The Ajax ban was mentioned as I was making the point that since being in Europe he has courted controversy and suffered bans/sanctions as a result, and that if he wasn't going to change his 'ways' then what use to you is he in the stands.

The Ajax ban was mentioned as I was making the point that since being in Europe he has courted controversy and suffered bans/sanctions as a result' date=' and that if he wasn't going to change his 'ways' then what use to you is he in the stands.[/color']

Well to sum up your whole load of points there my view is that they are all complete rubbish.

He has said he said the word once I will repeat he has not admitted to racially abusng him.

No we dont give to much credit to Suarez and his impact on changing the way we play to a much more developed and more stylish way of playing after years of dross.

My point is Bergkamp was never a prolific goalscorer but brought so much more to the team in the same way Suarez does, it aint all about goals and it is not just Suarez responsibility to score goals.

Repeat again up until tomorrow he has not missed a game for Liverpool, he aint been in the stands one ONE occasion.

We will have to agree to disagree, you have your opinion and I have the right one ;):)

Well to sum up your whole load of points there my view is that they are all complete rubbish.

He has said he said the word once I will repeat he has not admitted to racially abusng him.

He admitted using the word -

The word in this country comes under the definition 'racial slur'.

No we dont give to much credit to Suarez and his impact on changing the way we play to a much more developed and more stylish way of playing after years of dross.

Tbh Bellamy could have done the same job that Suarez has done so far with statistics (assists and goals) at a very similar level.

The way Dalglish has you lot playing puts defence first so any 'lively' forward would stand out.

However if they aren't scoring enough goals why not look at alternative options?

My point is Bergkamp was never a prolific goalscorer but brought so much more to the team in the same way Suarez does' date=' it aint all about goals and it is not just Suarez responsibility to score goals.

[b']At present Suarez is your 'main' forward. Carroll being dropped regularly confirms this. If your 'main' forward is not contributing enough goals or assists then it is perfectly viable to state that "goals" are much more important to a side struggling for them, rather than it being alright because he "brings much more to the team". You are not struggling for "much more" - you are struggling for goals.[/b]

Repeat again up until tomorrow he has not missed a game for Liverpool, he aint been in the stands one ONE occasion.

We will have to agree to disagree, you have your opinion and I have the right one ;):)

I disagree with your assertion that agreeing to disagree is an agreeable solution:D

Your opinion is blinkered.

Mine is not:D

Not sure if people are aware of this, but on the SM database theres a player called Maikol NEGR0

Quick! Someone alert the fa! :eek::rolleyes:

RE Suarez's ban, maybe it will teach the club a lesson to stop bringing in average mid-table players as it just ends up biting us back, or maybe it's a blessing in disguise as we might see the ounce of talent that Carroll has finally shine through as the team can be built around him.

Not sure if people are aware of this' date=' but on the SM database theres a player called Maikol NEGR0

Quick! Someone alert the fa! :eek::rolleyes:[/quote']

He looks like a half decent riser - rated 72 in a team top rated

900+ minutes out of 1700 approx.

Maybe I missed your point ;)

Here's a video of some of his goals

ccEJEv2Yh2g

Reina

Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique

Spearing

Henderson-Adam

Bellamy--------------Downing

Carroll

Here's to hoping that big Andy can start scoring some goals for us!

Not the best of signs that he goes into the Newcastle dressing room to have a "chat" really is it? Surely his main focus should be to win this game, then he can be all smiles later with his pals.

Not the best of signs that he goes into the Newcastle dressing room to have a "chat" really is it? Surely his main focus should be to win this game' date=' then he can be all smiles later with his pals.[/quote']

I know - he doesn't seem a very 'professional' professional in all honesty. With all the rumours of his heavy drinking and his lack of effort in training etc.

Oh well, I just hope he can prove everyone wrong. B)