ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Ratio between jokes Cheeky attempts' date=' and jokes that are actually funny.

6 - 1

Would rather have a 5 goal 'gulf' than one of an ENTIRE division:D;)

And you are indeed right - I should have been far more sensitive.

Posting all that money - in front of a Leeds Utd fan;-)

Would rather have a 5 goal 'gulf' than one of an ENTIRE division:D;)

And you are indeed right - I should have been far more sensitive.

Posting all that money - in front of a Leeds Utd fan;-)

Would rather support my local team.

And don't worry, I just presumed it was what you spend on your TV subscriptions and your new armchair.

Good game and a good result for Liverpool. It's the fixture which has provided the most goals since the premier league started, so it was nice to see a few goals. And nice to see Gerrard score. He has a presence for the team which is hard to beat. :)

We played very well tonight, more so when Gerrard came on, the influence he had on the team and crowd just being on the pitch was massive, his crosses to Carroll were of the highest quality, decent run to score. DAgger did very well with his runs forward, the whole back four were solid for the majority of the game, thought Spearing, Downing and Bellamy played really well tonight also.

However..:P Adam was poor once again I thought, Henderson was poor until Stevie came on and Carroll ughhh.

Apparently Liverpool in to hijack Cahill Deal

Not sure another defender is needed now with Skrtel and Agger doing so well, Carra and Coates as back-up for the CB position and honestly I think Cahill is no better than average :o

We need a winger somebody like Krasic I would be more than happy with and as mentioned many times here a striker like Negredo/Soldado.

Think thats only the second time this season you have scored 3+ goals' date=' told you no Suarez to waste chances and break up play = Better Liverpool[/quote']

That kind of comment is ridiculous

That was quite possibly the worst home performance of the season, it was easily the game where we have created the least chances and yet scored three goals sometimes football is like that.....

The only reason we won the game was due to the introduction of possibly the greatest midfielder to ever grace the Premier League. Gerrard completely changed the game at a time we were really struggling to get into the game at the start of the second half. Within minutes the gulf in quality between him and everybody else on the pitch was clearly evident, guy is a genius.

Lets be honest before that our play had been pretty woeful, absolutely no invention, creativity, Guile, fantasy without Suarez and Gerrard on the pitch we looked very pedestrian and bereft of ideas. Just imagine what we will be like with the pair of them playing which we have not had ever since Suarez arrived for more than a few games. Im afraid the display of Carroll again tonight was at best average at worst poor, very poor.

Special mention to Skrtel another imperious display, a lot of you lot wanted him out but ive always defended him and his performances show why, consistantly top class displays at present on form there cant be many CB'S better than Skrtel at present.

As for Cahill a good player but one I dont really think we need we have more than enough decent players at CB and for me the priority has to be a striker or maybe a right sided player. Striker to partner Suarez but as I say I dont necessarilly think we will make ANY moves in the market.

By the way Raheem Sterling who's been a naughty boy, maybe we should put him up front with Suarez I mean his shots to success ratio is pretty amazing considering the press reports Ive heard ;):P

Special mention to Skrtel another imperious display' date=' a lot of you lot wanted him out but ive always defended him and his performances show why, consistantly top class displays at present on form there cant be many CB'S better than Skrtel at present.

[/quote']

I admit that I was one of those who wanted him out but he's made an incredible improvement this season, in fact I can't think of a player in the whole league who's made a bigger improvement from last season.

Absolutely no need of Cahill.

By the way Raheem Sterling who's been a naughty boy' date=' maybe we should put him up front with Suarez I mean his shots to success ratio is pretty amazing considering the press reports Ive heard ;):P[/quote']

True:p

That kind of comment is ridiculous

That was quite possibly the worst home performance of the season' date=' it was easily the game where we have created the least chances and yet scored three goals sometimes football is like that.....

The only reason we won the game was due to the introduction of possibly the greatest midfielder to ever grace the Premier League. Gerrard completely changed the game at a time we were really struggling to get into the game at the start of the second half. Within minutes the gulf in quality between him and everybody else on the pitch was clearly evident, guy is a genius.

Lets be honest before that our play had been pretty woeful, absolutely no invention, creativity, Guile, fantasy without Suarez and Gerrard on the pitch we looked very pedestrian and bereft of ideas. Just imagine what we will be like with the pair of them playing which we have not had ever since Suarez arrived for more than a few games. Im afraid the display of Carroll again tonight was at best average at worst poor, very poor.

Special mention to Skrtel another imperious display, a lot of you lot wanted him out but ive always defended him and his performances show why, consistantly top class displays at present on form there cant be many CB'S better than Skrtel at present.

As for Cahill a good player but one I dont really think we need we have more than enough decent players at CB and for me the priority has to be a striker or maybe a right sided player. Striker to partner Suarez but as I say I dont necessarilly think we will make ANY moves in the market.

By the way Raheem Sterling who's been a naughty boy, maybe we should put him up front with Suarez I mean his shots to success ratio is pretty amazing considering the press reports Ive heard ;):P[/quote']

Had our disagreements in the past over topics Ray but your spot on here,went to watch the game in the pub and have to say the game was boring until our goal which was a bit lucky,then you had a really good 5 minutes and scored through Bellamy who I thought was by far your best player in the first 60 minutes,we came up with a gameplan to frustrate andbreak you down and we done it superbly until Gerrard come on who once again won the game single handed,he was in the centre on the wings and pretty much everywhere to be honest,such a shame he was fit from our perspective but on another day we could have knicked a point.

Still it shows how much you rely on Gerrard/Suarez as quite frankly the rest of your team isn't up to much,I didn't even know Spearing was playing until he got injured,I barely heard Henderson mentioned either and Downing only looked slightly threatening when he was up against Ryan Taylor,but even then the result was two backpasses to the keeper which I could have saved.

Anyway best of luck for the season but I can't see you finishing in the top 4 at all,think Arsenal,Tottenham and Chelsea are much better sides from when we played them.

Only popped on to show my disgust at Alan Pardew's team selection and our play in general last night. He's pride himself on having a 'no fear' attacking mentality and completely shunned that last night. Would of p[refered going down 3-1 after putting up a fight but nope, nothing. Completely disgree that it was a game-plan to frustrate. Negative is all it was. Liverpool were vulnerable and firing blanks until the hour mark.

I'm not sure why Dalglish is in-charhge. Or, what he's thinking. I won't slate him too much as he is 'the king' around this thread but.

Downing - LEFT FOOTED, playing on the right. :confused:

Bellamy - (Mainly) RIGHT FOOTED, playing on the left. :confused:

All this popp-cock about using wide players to cut in is trash too. You have ANDY CARROLL in the box. Who proved how useful he can be while playing for us. How doesn't Kenny realise you MUST get wide if your to get any sort of return on the 30M+ you spent?

Gerrard has a brain. Thats what changed the game. Simple as. Everytime he got the ball he headed for the touch-line and whipped a ball in. Granted, Carroll fluffed two glorious chances but if Gerrard hadn't come on then Carroll would of been a spectator for the whole 90mins as Liverpool/Dalglish won't play to that strength. Unless you learn to play your very good wingers as wingers and not inside forwards the better. Especially as Carroll is your main striking option for the next few months.

Just an opinion lads. I like Dalglish after his short time with us but have to question his choices at times.

Well done last night though. Fully deserved considering our pathetic attempts.