• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

B

Gillette and Hicks have lied about their intentions regarding a leveraged buy out. The club is in massive debt which is costing over $100(pounds sterling) per minute. This clearly is the major problem.

I'm not sure if you understand how a Leveraged Buyout works. In any event' date=' Hicks/GG didn't lie "about their intentions regarding a leveraged buyout." A leveraged buyout is what it is. Moores knew this when he sold the club to them. And the same supporters who welcomed Hicks/GG with open arms or longed for Dubai's DIC to purchase the club, should have known how a leveraged buyout works. IMO a LBO has no place in sports, but that's beside the point.

[b']Everybody that kills these guys because their aggressive plans for the stadium didn't work out[/b], simply has ZERO understanding of the business of futbol, let alone the business of business. It's hard to blame these two guys on the world credit markets squashing their uber grandiose walking-a-tightrope plans for the stadium & club. And don't even get me started on everyone that took their initial feel-good marketing shtick as gospel.

What you can 100% kill them on though is the horrific way in which they are absentee owners and have let communication & things run completely amok. This alone rates them right up there with some of the worst owners in the biz.

Go to the Spirit of Shankly website for more information.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/

Don't you mean "disinformation" ?

While I can respect the spirit in which that "Union" was formed, IMO it has proved itself to be an utter disgrace, and besmirches the good name of Shankly.

They have accomplished nothing, unless of course you consider getting pisssed drunk on the fees that they charge its members. Speaking of which, big party 2 Saturdays from now @ Zeligs Restaurant in Liverpool. Be prepared to get fall down drunk with the "management" of SOS... :rolleyes: This group can't even figure out how to silk-screen simple T-shirts properly. What a joke...:rolleyes:

Started out with very very good intentions, but after going down the wrong path and making blatantly bad decisions, IMO it has proven itself to be completely ineffectual.

Investment in the playing squad has been limited - in comparison to the top sides. We can go on about net spend and Xmillions here and there, but we've not had the sorts of figures ManU, Chelsea, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan etc (even Man City and Spurs now can be added to the list) have had. Let's not get into pounds and pence over it, but we've just not been able to afford $30m on a defender like ferdinand for example, or $30m for a striker to sit on the bench like Berbatov. (not singling out Man u, just examples of big oney signings)

Has Liverpool ever been a club like this...? Furthermore, do we really need to be now...? I'd argue "No."

If that's all it takes to be a successful manager these days then I am going to get studying for my badges...

How about some successful creativity from the manager when it comes to the transfer market and the tactics ... ? Is that really too much to ask from a guy who pockets zillions every year into his own bank account?

Rafa's signings.

I really do take issue with the whole media and forum bandwagon that suggests he has been poor in this area. ..... I don't think the record is as bad as is portrayed.

The BIG issue is that Benitez is on a 36-month ICE COLD streak in the Transfer Market. That's unprecedented by ANY current manager with a job @ the same club.

Rafas tactics.

This is where my support for the manager takes a hit. He obviously knows what he likes - the 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 with the double pivot of a defensive midfielder and playmaker. ........ This is where Rafa deserves criticism.

Yep. He has run a 4-2-3-1 every game for every year for the past 11 years of his career, regardless of the opponent or his personnel. That's nuts ! Some years it's a hit. And some years it's a miss. And some years, it's a disgrace.

Einstein's definition of "Insanity"

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Please do not rip me for the follwing comprisons, I'm no saying Rafa deserves to be compared to Shankly by ay stretch, but part of me tells me that like Shankly, he is bloody minded and has the future good of the club at heart. I can see Shankly loving someone like Dirk Kuyt, a.........They both wanted complete control of team affairs and were not afraid to stand their ground in order to get their way.

I can respect what you are trying to do here, but it's almost impossible to compare different generations of managers. Back in Shankly's day or Red Auerbach's day or Casey Stengel's day, man-management and running a locker-room was done with an iron fist. It basically didn't exist. It was the manager's way or the highway. Almost every player was treated equally.

Times have changed. Players have changed. And the attributes that make a successful big-time manager have changed.

Benitez's #1 biggest negative is that he can't relate to anyone. He has zero interpersonal skills. That's completely unacceptable. And as I have said before, IMO man-management is the #1 requirement of a manager in the modern era, where you basically need a psychology degree just to get through the week in one piece. Meanwhile LFC's biggest headcase in the locker room is the actual manager ! Ultimate FAIL...

Aside: Can you imagine Benitez dealing (or better yet, not dealing) with Materazzi & Maicon & Stankovic & Balotelli... Ha! Yeah right.! That has a reality show written all over it. A match made in hell.

here are the odds for the new manager

Martin O’Neil 7/4- i would go for him but don't think he'll leave villa

Roy Hodgson 7/2 dont think he'll leave fulham

Jurgen Klinsmann 6/1 don't rate him at all

Kenny Dalglish 8/1 could work out brillantly or terrible

Gus Hiddink 8/1 said he wouldn't go to inter because of the turkey job so he hardly move here

Sammy Lee 14/1 couldn't cut it at bolton

Laurent Blanc 20/1 already the new france manager after the world cup

Mark Hughes 20/1 bad signings for citeh

I wonder how long until names like Deschamps' date=' Bilić, Martin Jol, & Rijkaard are kicked around as serious considerations.

(As opposed to the same ol' British names...)[/quote']

Might be an indication of the market Liverpool are looking towards, maybe they favour a domestic appointment.

Even so, Keegan at 12/1 is hilarious.

Gus Hiddink 8/1 said he wouldn't go to inter because of the turkey job so he hardly move here

Mark Hughes 20/1 bad signings for citeh

Definetley dont want O'Neill 400% dont want him.....absolutely zero tactical nous he is a motivator little else and some of the players h has bought in his time makes me shudder in fear :P

I wonder how long until names like Deschamps' date=' Bilić, Martin Jol, & Rijkaard are kicked around as serious considerations.

(As opposed to the same ol' British names...)[/quote']

would love to see Manuel Pellegrini or De bosca (spains manager) get the job

would love to see Manuel Pellegrini or De bosca (spains manager) get the job

I am going to preface what I am about to say with this...

I am not going to count my chickens until Benitez is long gone
. He's still the manager as of now.

That said...

Nice shout on Pellegrini. I was going to include him in my list too' date=' but as opposed to when Benitez joined us, Pelligrini has had a long-ish career and to the best of my knowledge, none of it was in a non-Spanish speaking country. He's one hell of a manager, but it's difficult to see him and his tan in sunny Liverpool.

[b']As far as MON goes, I am going to second what Ray said...[/b] Based on what I've seen of him @ Celtic & Villa, I don't want the guy anywhere near Liverpool. I wrote some of this on another thread but here are some of my initial thoughts on him.

Unless LFC are going to go All-British-All-The-Time... IMO he's a non-starter. Why...? Because the guy refuses to recruit off of the British Isles. It's absurd. Actually, it's beyond absurd. There is no way he should be considered for such a big position. And if anyone wants to try to counter that argument by saying that "Celtic are a big club that he had much success with, much like SAF's success with Aberdeen"... I would just like to point out that i just watched a Celtic squad win a game against the best team in Scotland, and that neither of those teams could hold a candle to West Brom. They'd get wiped off the pitch.

On the plus side, O'NEILL has a decent amount of experience dealing with very very healthy Transfer account. Guy can spend some money and isn't shy on making a deal or two. Unfortunately for Villa fans, he won't look off of the British Isles to try to improve the squad. Based on this last fact alone, he's not the right type of manager for a team with the current Spanish flare. Can't teach this dog new tricks.

IMO, he's a good Championship manager who can't consistently punch above his own weight when given the resources. Guy scares me on the big stage.

Who knows though... Maybe if whoever is making the futboling decisions @Liverpool decide that the club is going to have to take one step back in order to take two steps forward, MON's approach could work... But that said, I think there are better candidates out there.

Plus... MON is the guy who was giving one of the best owners in Europe shtick despite the owner watching him piiss away millions of dollars in the Transfer Market and watching him not play any youngsters. You can bet your bottom dollar that O'Neill would exploit and potentially flame an already flammable situation @ L4 with Hicks/GG. We just lived through Benitez doing this constantly. I don't think anyone associated with the club from the players to management to the supporters wants to live through that again in the near future. No thanks...

All that said, guys like 1Cap and Mr.Adamski have better insight with MON than I do... So take everything I've just written with a grain of salt. I don't have a bone to pick with MON, I just don't rate him all that highly.

Personally I'd love to see a younger manager with a creative spark get the job (if it does become available). I think the current crop players would respond to someone like Rijkaard or even a stretch like Bilić (despite his lack of club management). And I think the supporters would too.

Mark Hughes 20/1 bad signings for city

Well I hate Martin O'Neill as a person, he's so BIASED i cant take him seriously whenever he is interviewed on Match Of The Day I die a little inside.

Jurgen Klinsmann just isnt a good manager worthy of Liverpool

And Mark Hughes if we hire an ex United player for manager I may cry

I'd love Hodgson or get Dalglish back at the club, I dont think Sammy Lee would be good enough

I've heard Kenny Dalglish is a real possibility especially for the short term until the club is sold. But Martin O'Neill would be a good choice imo. If he becomes the manager then Liverpool may be a big threat again.

O'Neill would be a rubbish choice, hes not the man to take Liverpool foward, he took Villa foward in the last few seasons thats not under question, however he's only taken them foward to where a hurt, miss-owned Liverpool are now after they went backwards.

Hiddink or Hodgson I'd be happy with, both big enough names in Europe to attract players to the 2nd biggest club in England

O'Neill would be a rubbish choice' date=' hes not the man to take Liverpool foward, he took Villa foward in the last few seasons thats not under question, however he's only taken them foward to where a hurt, miss-owned Liverpool are now after they went backwards.

Hiddink or Hodgson I'd be happy with, both big enough names in Europe to attract players to the 2nd biggest club in England[/quote']

The thing is i'd think Hiddink would have to buy players to get Liverpool forward, I don't think he could do much with our current squad he's used to the best, while Hodgson to see what he's done with a squad like Fulham, he could easily do the same with the squad we have, I think he could sign a cheap striker maybe Zamora not the best but he's better than N'gog, depends really I hope it is Hodgson though

a week or two ago Reina said that he doesn't think Torres is leaving because Torres had said to him he doesn't want to leave. However a couple days after Torres said that his future is undecided.

Now Reina has said that he hopes Gerrard doesn't leave... But he didn't say anything about Torres so maybe Torres has really said to Reina that he doesn't want to leave?

Liverpool have announced manager Rafael Benitez has left the club by mutual consent after six years in charge.

Benitez, 50, replaced Gerard Houllier as Liverpool manager in June 2004 and guided them to Champions League success the following season.

But last season they made an early exit from the Champions League and could only finish seventh in the league.

Managing director Christian Purslow and former manager Kenny Dalglish are to begin the search for a replacement.

The club says there is no timeframe for an appointment, and will make no further comment until a new manager has been appointed.

Benitez said he was "extremely sad" to be leaving the club.

"I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool," he told the club website.

"I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Newly-appointed club chairman Martin Broughton thanked Benitez for his efforts, but said it was time for a new era.

"Rafa will forever be part of Liverpool folklore after bringing home the Champions League following the epic final in Istanbul but after a disappointing season both parties felt a fresh start would be best for all concerned,' he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8719210.stm

I've heard Kenny Dalglish is a real possibility especially for the short term until the club is sold. But Martin O'Neill would be a good choice imo. If he becomes the manager then Liverpool may be a big threat again.

him and christian purslow are responisble for finding the new manager. this must mean that its not going to be kenny.

Phil Brown...

Or even better - "Big Sam" to finally get his chance at a big team:D

Lord how I cringed when he was mentioned as possible City boss before Hughes came in

Perhaps I should be thankful for Sparky

Hughes is a good manager to be fair. He did a fair job at City until he was sacked. The problem with him was always going to be attracting bigger names.

Hughes is a good manager to be fair. He did a fair job at City until he was sacked. The problem with him was always going to be attracting bigger names.

Wrong place to discuss I know :D

I would never have been a fan of Hughes - same as I cannot cheer Bellamy

The Benitez sacking/leaving/mutual consent thing doesn't look good though from the outside...

It says to me that the rumours about transfer budgets (or lack of) might actually be true