ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Yet to see a game where a referee hasn't made a mistake. The reffing in all games this season has been sub-par, last night the Lampard, Cole and Barton incidents, the Newcastle pen at Old Trafford, Spearings sending off vs Fulham, I could name several.

Tremendous dive by Yaya.....

Classy as well by Mancini waving his imaginary cards, wants a sending off for Skrtel standing still and Yaya diving....

As I say plenty of possession by all in front of city, never gunn a hurt them that way but the lack of pace in the side leaves you with little options.

let's face it City have been distinctly average and we have shot ourselves in the foot, nobody to blMe but ourselves for the first two goals,

How embarrassing' date=' just a game I hope we get over quickly..

WE NEED TO BUY.[/quote']

It ain't embarrassing :confused:

we have gone to City and kept possession really well, had them on the back foot for a large percentage of the game. I doubt many teams will go to City and keep the ball as well as we have, but....

we ain't hurting them it is all in front of them no penetration, creativity etc etc lack of movement up front and pace is always gunn a hold us back, you need to get behind teams and we don't do it at all.

City probably plYing within themselves a bit as well, it ain't a awful performance or anything but we made mistakes and been punished, the goals were of our own making...

let's be honest we didn't expect anything so move on life without Suarez is gunn a be difficult he sparks everything need Stevie to stay fit or finding any kinda creativity is gunn a be difficult.

It ain't embarrassing :confused:

we have gone to City and kept possession really well' date=' had them on the back foot for a large percentage of the game. I doubt many teams will go to City and keep the ball as well as we have, but....

we ain't hurting them it is all in front of them no penetration, creativity etc etc lack of movement up front and pace is always gunn a hold us back, you need to get behind teams and we don't do it at all.

City probably plYing within themselves a bit as well, it ain't a awful performance or anything but we made mistakes and been punished, the goals were of our own making...

let's be honest we didn't expect anything so move on life without Suarez is gunn a be difficult he sparks everything need Stevie to stay fit or finding any kinda creativity is gunn a be difficult.[/quote']

Yes it is.. the amount of money we have spent on players and we can't score with all the possession we have, we're very much a 2-3 man team and with two of them out (Lucas & Suarez) you expect the 20M, 16M and 35M men to step up.. I wouldn't be surprised if defenders laugh at the prospect of facing Carroll.

Yes it is.. the amount of money we have spent on players and we can't score with all the possession we have' date=' we're very much a 2-3 man team and with two of them out (Lucas & Suarez) you expect the 20M, 16M and 35M men to step up.. I wouldn't be surprised if defenders laugh at the prospect of facing Carroll.[/quote']

You really do go to extremes at times, everything is either totally rosy or the pits of despair.....perspective please.

we have gone to City done Ok with possession and stuff but as explained we ain't hurt them and already explained the reasons why....City didn't batter us or anything we more than held our own performance wise but simply put shot ourselves in the foot with two woefully conceded goals.

the amount of money we have spent is peanuts compared to City and yes we do rely on Suarez, Gerrard, Bellamy a lot but all teams rely on 2-3 players for

the main creative element. Take Rooney out of Utd they ain't the same, van persie out of Arsenal, Silva out of Man City etc...

We know we ain't good enough creative wise I'm not disagreeing with you, but to say embarrassing is WAY OTT.

kompany and Hart were tremendous as well you have to give credit where it is due they played massive part in denting any attacking threat we were offering.

Again we created chances but not clinical enough...simples everybody knows where our problems lie

Henderson doesn't have a clue what to do when he doesn't have the ball.

Can't believe we spend all that money in the summer and need to spend money on most of the positions again. Kept the ball well tonight had 60% possession in the final third at one stage, just nobody had the confidence, or desire to make something happen. Best thing to come out of the game was Downing's chance in the first 15 minutes.

Tremendous dive by Yaya.....

Classy as well by Mancini waving his imaginary cards' date=' wants a sending off for Skrtel standing still and Yaya diving....

As I say plenty of possession by all in front of city, never gunn a hurt them that way but the lack of pace in the side leaves you with little options.

let's face it City have been distinctly average and we have shot ourselves in the foot, nobody to blMe but ourselves for the first two goals,[/quote']

We destroyed you on the night. You not there on your portable laptop tonight? He had every right to go down and I'm sure Mancini will apologise, youse lack Suarez.

We destroyed you on the night. You not there on your portable laptop tonight? He had every right to go down and I'm sure Mancini will apologise' date=' youse lack Suarez.[/quote']

destroyed us :P

you won fair And square....you took your chances we didn't

You didn't perform that well at all IMO, but you still won which is the sign of a good team.

Henderson doesn't have a clue what to do when he doesn't have the ball.

Can't believe we spend all that money in the summer and need to spend money on most of the positions again. Kept the ball well tonight had 60% possession in the final third at one stage' date=' just nobody had the confidence, or desire to make something happen. Best thing to come out of the game was Downing's chance in the first 15 minutes.[/quote']

The problem really becomes one of space ...how to close it down-Henderson is a good player just the team's shape when they lose the ball is not conducive at the mo to stopping the ball-so sometimes get caught in no mans land -and how to create/exploit Suarez was your main creator with Lucas (injured) holding. Now that role falls to Gerard (whose now gaining match fitness) and Bellamy for offensive play. Caroll looks short of confidence and the team needs a bit of width to help create space for the midfield to work with.

Only 2 more wins than this time last year and an outlay of £73m on Carroll' date=' Handerson and Downing. Kenny out? ;)[/quote']

Yes and loads of money recouped on the likes of Torres, Babel, Poulsen(well a little bit :P) Konchesky etc.....

Our net spend aint really that much in the grand scheme of things but no doubt that the three you mentioned aint setting the world alight. Carroll is useless, I still dont understand Henderson's role and Downing after a brightish start has had a really average spell. On the other hand you could say that signings such as Bellamy and Enrique have proved massive value for money as has Suarez.

It's all right when Suarez does it :rolleyes:

As I said before I never said that' date=' but to be frank I dont really have a problem with it, i dont really have a problem with Toure going down, if it was a Liverpool player Id want him to do the same....but it was a dive. Every team dives, every team has players that go over easily in my mind thats part of professional football it was a dive thou, so not sure what your problem is. It went for City but that dont mean we cant be aggrieved about it.

I do have a problem with Mancini and his imaginary card-waving, total lack of class and dont wanna see that in the game be it Mancini, any manager, players anybody.

[b']"We destroyed you on the night"[/b]

No you didnt, quite frankly that kinda comment proves you know very little about football or watched a completely different game to the rest of us.

We dominated posession, passed the ball round well but all in areas where we were never gunna hurt you. It was all in front of you and the lack of pace and threat in behind because Carroll cant do that job and drag CB'S out of position and make room for the midfielders meant it was relatively easy for you to get in shape and make it difficult. By the time our "creative" players entered the fray your lot just kept your shape and made it difficult which you have to expect when winning 2-0.

We still created chances more than your lot did and give credit where it's due Kompany and Hart in particular stood out, you havent "destroyed us" at all, at no point have you opened us up, really had us on the back foot at all in the game.

City didnt really have to work for the win at all due to a calamatous goalkeeping error, a basic defensive mistake from a corner we have shot ourselves in the foot and made it comfotable for you. Your lot didnt do anything by themselves to win the game, more we made calamatous mistakes and got punished for them. Not your problem and is a sign of a good team who wins when they dont play well and I personally didnt feel you played that well at all.

Now that is our fault, you took your chances when they came and we simply didnt as per the story of the season.

Yes it is.. the amount of money we have spent on players and we can't score with all the possession we have' date=' we're very much a 2-3 man team and with two of them out (Lucas & Suarez) you expect the 20M, 16M and 35M men to step up.. I wouldn't be surprised if defenders laugh at the prospect of facing Carroll.[/quote']

You really are massively overreacting here. We have spent a fair bit of money, yes, but still nowhere near the amount that City have. Let's also remember that Andy Carroll is only 22 and Henderson only 21, despite spending a lot of money on them we can't expect them to be instant stars at such a young age. Let's give them at least a couple of seasons before we start to get on their backs. Granted players like Downing have no excuse as he's experienced and should be performing better.

And here we go again with the two man team thing. A few years ago we were nothing without Torres and Gerrard and now we're nothing without Lucas and Suarez? Don't be ridiculous. If anything we have one of the more balanced teams in the league as we have played a lot of games this season without the supposedly key players and still played well.

Finally, I can assure you that no defender in the Premier League is laughing at the prospect of facing Andy Carroll. Just because he's gone ten games without scoring doesn't mean he isn't still a threat. He proved himself last season with Newcastle and Man City learned about his aerial threat when he scored two against them. Was pretty obvious that Kompany was determined to give him nothing tonight hence his man of the match performance.

04FqH.png

Quite an interesting diagram that. Was obvious from watching the game that pretty much all of his passes were back or sideways. Downing clearly lacks confidence at the moment and I wish he would get it back. He shows glimpses of what he can do but just doesn't do it enough. Any time he gets in a threatening position he turns and passes back. Would be nice to see him really run at fullbacks and put in crosses the way we know he can. Can have no excuses for missing early on either; should have scored.

Only 2 more wins than this time last year and an outlay of £73m on Carroll' date=' Handerson and Downing. Kenny out? ;)[/quote']

Needs to be kept in perspective of where we are in the table though. A couple more wins and we will easily break back into the top four. A position we could hardly imagine at this stage last year. I'm assuming your ' ;) ' indicates sarcasm but I'm taking no chances.