• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

What well known, successful and experienced managers are currently unemployed? There isn't anyone. So this decision could put the clubs state, atleast the financial state in taters if we go for a manager currently at a club which we'll likely have to pay a compensation fee.

What well known' date=' successful and experienced managers are currently unemployed? There isn't anyone.[/b'] So this decision could put the clubs state, atleast the financial state in taters if we go for a manager currently at a club which we'll likely have to pay a compensation fee.

manuel pellegrini???? would be a great choice imo but don't know if he'll move to england

manuel pellegrini???? would be a great choice imo but don't know if he'll move to england

Ok then, let me put it again - what well known, successful and experienced managers are currently unemployed, and would come to England to manage Liverpool? :o

Weird that Liverpool fires Rafa. Another joke by the owners :rolleyes:

What is also even more funnier, is that it's rumored Liverpool paid Rafa a total of around 19M £ to leave Liverpool. My god, you could have bought some players for that sum.

Well, Liverpool just handed Inter what is their probably new coach...

What is also even more funnier' date=' is that it's rumored Liverpool paid Rafa a total of around 19M £ to leave Liverpool. My god, you could have bought some players for that sum.

Well, Liverpool just handed Inter what is their probably new coach...[/quote']

Left of Mutual Consent, so I dont think he is completly entitled to his 16 Million, all we need is the club sold, but even with the club being sold would they have wanted rafa?

Thats what i think. I don't want it' date=' i hope it doesn't happen i just feel that we'll sell one of either Torres, Masch or Gerrard this summer. :([/quote']

just seen these reports

Steven Gerrard's transfer to Real Madrid could be imminent, as with Rafa Benitez's departure from Anfield, the club's proprietors have put a €30 million price tag on the English midfielder, according to Marca.

Benitez's exit, in effect, makes transfer talks with Liverpool much easier for los Blancos. Rafa was a holdout in the Xabi Alonso transfer deal last summer that sent the Basque midfielder to Madrid for a higher price than the Merengues would have preferred to pay and was anticipated to be a major hurdle in signing Gerrard from the Reds this summer

€30 million is a complete joke.robinho cost 40mill, kaka 56mill if we were to sell him (which would be sucidal if we do) we should hold out for at least 50million.

What is also even more funnier' date=' is that it's rumored Liverpool paid Rafa a total of around 19M £ to leave Liverpool. My god, you could have bought some players for that sum.

Well, Liverpool just handed Inter what is their probably new coach...[/quote']

He Won't Get All The Cash , He Will Get Around 6 millions

just seen these reports

Steven Gerrard's transfer to Real Madrid could be imminent' date=' as with Rafa Benitez's departure from Anfield, [b']the club's proprietors have put a €30 million price tag [/b]on the English midfielder, according to Marca.

Benitez's exit, in effect, makes transfer talks with Liverpool much easier for los Blancos. Rafa was a holdout in the Xabi Alonso transfer deal last summer that sent the Basque midfielder to Madrid for a higher price than the Merengues would have preferred to pay and was anticipated to be a major hurdle in signing Gerrard from the Reds this summer

€30 million is a complete joke.robinho cost 40mill, kaka 56mill if we were to sell him (which would be sucidal if we do) we should hold out for at least 50million.

The 'Gerrard transfer' might be the key to why Benitez has gone...

Last year he tried (and failed) to fill the Alonso hole - Gerrard would be even harder to fill in my eyes*..especially with the lack of funds

*Not because he is a better player but because he is a Liverpool lad and gives it that bit extra when the backs are to the wall

The 'Gerrard transfer' might be the key to why Benitez has gone...

Last year he tried (and failed) to fill the Alonso hole - Gerrard would be even harder to fill in my eyes*..especially with the lack of funds

*Not because he is a better player but because he is a Liverpool lad and gives it that bit extra when the backs are to the wall

I'm getting a massive a de ja vu about Leeds here, if Gerrard goes, Torres Goes Liverpool will become a feeder club

Settle down everybody.... One gone. One more (Hicks/GG) to go. Whether you rated Benitez or you didn't, the club needed a change. It just did. The writing for this move was on the wall months and months ago. L4 couldn't make a move during the season. They were forced to wait until now.

The club needs a fresh start on soooo many different levels (ownership, manager, players). We got one of them today.

Furthermore, Benitez needed a fresh start too. His stewardship ran its course. He strung it out this Spring/Summer because he wanted to get paid. Okay. He got his £3-4M payday that he was hoping for. Time to move forward for all parties involved.

For the past year Benitez acted like this guy :

2h5upza.jpg

As it turns out he met the same demise :

denethor.jpg

A few thoughts....

1. Well... Apparently it didn't take too long for the Manchester flies to start to circle this thread... :rolleyes::D

2. We'll see, but the recent talk about a limited budget (£5M) was likely nothing more than talk just to get Benitez out. There was no way that they were going to let that guy butcher the Transfer Market this summer the same way he has for the past 36 months. He was on a massive ICE COLD STREAK.

If you are L4 and you want Benitez to take the package to leave, what do you tell him...? You tell him that (1) you interviewed the players and that the players think he lost the dressing room; (2) that you are going to be over his shoulder monitoring everything he does in the Transfer Market; and (3) that his transfer budget is cut this year because he has had such poor performance in it over the past 36 months. Logically this is what happened.

Who knows, but I imagine that prior to player sales, that the typical £15-20M will be there for the new manager just like it has been for the past several years under Benitez. That said, expect Dalglish/Purslow to look over every and all transactions initially.

3.For everyone who is saying that the players are now going to leave en-mass simply because Benitez was sacked, I 100% completely disagree. The guy lost the clubhouse long long ago. The board interviewed all of the top players over the past 2 months and received their opinion on Benitez. This was certainly a big part of him getting rightly sacked.

It is no secret that recently Gerrard didn't like the guy as his manager. Recall the match where Purslow had to run down to the locker room @ halftime because Gerrard & Benitez got into it...? If this past year proved anything, it proved who THE REAL leaders in the clubhouse are... Reina is @ the top of that list. He's going to have a little influence in keeping the Spanish guys around. Sure Benayoun might go attempt to spread his wings in London, and Benitez getting fired isn't going to allow Riera to keep his spot, but I doubt that Gerrard/Torres now ask for a taxi-ride to John Lennon Airport. Masherano though...your guess is as good as mine when it comes to that guy. But I can assure you that his decision will have ZERO to do with Benitez.

4. The guys that L4 are considering for the managerial position don't have to be unemployed. Nonsense. This is one of the biggest/best opportunities for any manager regardless of the ownership. Guys will be lining up for this job. Wouldn't you like to be known forever as the manager who took Liverpool back from the brink of obscurity...? This job opportunity is going to attract good names who have jobs.

5. RE: O'Neill & Hughes... IMO the very very very last thing that this club needs now as a manager is another stubborn heavy-handed headcase. MON & Hughes are perfect examples of this. Good managers for specific circumstances, but they haven't proven that they have the attributes to be the manager of a club with top world class players. They would lose the clubhouse quicker than Benitez.

6. RE: Hiddink.... I agree with Ken. If you look at the miracles Hiddink has pulled in the past almost none of them include adding or subtracting players from the squad. He almost always works with what he has. I don't think that will work with the current state of affairs @LFC. Thanks to Benitez, and his mis-assessment of players, there are major major holes in our squad (FWDs, Wings, LB, CB).

Additionally if any of you regularly watched the Russian NT (or know someone who watched the Russin NT) under his stewardship, you will know that his big-picture tactics can often times be lacking. Ask any passionate Russian about his tactics and see what response you get... He plays more people out of positions than Benitez just to fit his system. That may work when you have world class versatile players @ every position (i.e. Chelsea), but that's not what the current LFC line-up is like.

IMO great coach/motivator/communicator, but Liverpool isn't currently set-up to get the best out of his skill-set.

7. RE: Dalglish.... He should be firsthand involved in this new selection process. Two things: (1) While I don't think Dalglish is what LFC need as a manager, don't count him out for the running even though he's in the selection process. and (2) Look for a bigger role for him @ LFC during this transition. I would bet any amount of money that "The Rick Perry Role" is re-created in some form and that Dalglish is slotted into it next to Purslow. LFC was completely burned by an out-of-depth Benitez (wearing both the tactical & fiscal hats) and they aren't going to let that happen again any time soon.

8. RE: Klinsmann... This guy is boys with GG. The only thing stopping him from being appointed manager is that Hicks hates GG and won't go along with anyone that he knows.

9. RE: Deschamps, Bilić, Martin Jol, & Rijkaard.... Would love to see some names like this considered

10. RE: Regarding Benitez in the job market... I said this last week, but IMO it's fairly clear what his roll is in this summer's managerial job market.

IMO, he's nothing more than the guy that big teams are going to bring in to interview for their vacant managerial job, with absolutely ZERO intention of hiring him. He's basically interview filler to show the other managerial candidates they (the club) are interviewing other people too.

Juve got their choice in Del Neri, but they used Benitez to show that they were talking to other candidates. I'm sure he'll do the dance too with Milan and/or Inter etc... But they will all go with someone else who is a better fit / better qualified.

That said, he'll land somewhere maybe not this Summer, but soon after at the latest.

I can't believe that Inter would want to hire the guy. He doesn't have the skill-set for that team. Juve yes. Inter no. That Inter clubhouse will be in complete shambles within 2 months of him taking that job. Moratti knows better than to make that move anyway...

Anyway... Good luck to Benitez. If given the right scenario, he has proven to be a decent manager. But again that's UNDER THE RIGHT SCENARIO. Not nearly as flexible as a manager should be @ a top club, but given the right situation he could certainly succeed.

Dude made his own bed...

It says to me that the rumours about transfer budgets (or lack of) might actually be true

once again you've hit the nail bang on the head - they couldnt ensure that player sales would be invested in the team so he went. so i'd bet good money that rafa is not the last big name to leave - masch is almost certain to follow him wherever he goes, gerrard is quite likely to go to madrid and broughton seems hellbent on gift wrapping torres to chelsea. thanks rbs, instead of pulling the loan last summer you've led it to this where we are likely to see our best players going, the vast majority of the cash goes to paying off the debt with the hope that our mid table carcass and 3/4 anfield like back in the 90s will get someone to give you all a profit. ffs just put the club into admin now and let us start again. there is a very strong feeling that rafa going is the beginning of a major sheetstorm (the echo cover 2 weeks ago, moores letter, the ex players coming out earlier in the week - something really bad is going to hit the club soon i really fear).

and apparently rafa's off to one of the milan teams - good luck fella, you deserved much better than what lfc has become nowadays and thank you and your family for your contribution to the area the past 6 years, and most of all thank you for fighting the yanks the past 3 when a lesser man would have walked after the klinsmann debacle. i have no doubt he was forced out and the manner of which is absolutely despicable and purslow and broughton, who've been leaking stuff for months to the press should really hang their heads in shame - scumbags.

really, really hate what this has become thanks to the two liars and the two temps, gonna be a long time before i fall back in love with lfc

and apparently rafa's off to one of the milan teams - good luck fella, you deserved much better than what lfc has become nowadays and thank you and your family for your contribution to the area the past 6 years, and most of all thank you for fighting the yanks the past 3 when a lesser man would have walked after the klinsmann debacle. i have no doubt he was forced out and the manner of which is absolutely despicable and purslow and broughton, who've been leaking stuff for months to the press should really hang their heads in shame - scumbags.

Couldn't agree more, Rafa will always be a legend here.

Thanks for the memories, especially 2005. :(:)

Not suprised to see Rafa gone,I think Liverpool Football Club as a whole needs a fresh start,I can't see it happening with the owners ridicilous price tag though off 600-800 Million though,no idea who will be Liverpool manager though because O Neill has been linked and his transfer record is hardly brilliant either.

guys, if you think this is bad wait until after the world cup - there is a very strong possibility that with no manager masch, gerrard and torres will be sold to pay off debts and things get no better, one of the rumours going around is that torres may be going to chelsea, what the f. have we become??

guys' date=' if you think this is bad wait until after the world cup - there is a very strong possibility that with no manager masch, gerrard and torres will be sold to pay off debts and things get no better, one of the rumours going around is that torres may be going to chelsea, what the f. have we become??[/quote']

we've become another victim of poor ownership, i just hope we don't follow in the same footsteps as some clubs over the years.

we've become another victim of poor ownership' date=' i just hope we don't follow in the same footsteps as some clubs over the years.[/quote']

i have a horrible feeling that if new ownership isnt found soon then they're gonna start asset stripping (if they arent already) and we'll soon be a carcass

i have a horrible feeling that if new ownership isnt found soon then they're gonna start asset stripping (if they arent already) and we'll soon be a carcass

To be honest asset stripping is exactly what you need but you need a manager in charge and for the majority of money generated to be put back into the club. There's no point in having players of the standard of Reina, Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres if they have to play next to relative dross like Skrtel, Insua, Lucas and Babel every week. Look at the teams who finished above you last season. Your top players would walk into their starting elevens but most of the rest would warm the benches. It may not be as appealing to the fans but you'd be much better off selling off the stars and the deadwood and replacing them with good, solid players.