ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I'm guessing you were one of the Uruguayans who hailed Suarez as a 'Hero' when he used his hand in world cup against Ghana - thus preventing a goal :rolleyes:

Oh c'mon. You're telling me you wouldn't want one of your countrymen to do the same thing if in that scenario?

Oh c'mon. You're telling me you wouldn't want one of your countrymen to do the same thing if in that scenario?

I personally wouldn't. It's cheating, which Suarez is great at doing. There were also a few Uruguayans who were calling him a 'hero' for doing that LOL

If Uruguay was to win the world cup in 2010, they would not be worthy winners.

Would you want your national player to cheat in order to get through to the next round? :/

EDIT : If a team was to cheat and won the world cup - there actually is no point participating at all tbh

I personally wouldn't. It's cheating' date=' which Suarez is great at doing. There were also a few Uruguayans who were calling him a 'hero' for doing that LOL

Would you want your national player to cheat in order to get through to the next round? :/

EDIT : If a team was to cheat and won the world cup - there actually is no point participating at all tbh[/quote']

Hahaa funny indeed. Cheating is what England did to win the WC in the 66'. Dont get confused.

It was funny the way he said it' date=' i would explain it in spanish but since you cannot even spell my country well... way less i could expect you to understand something in spanish really.

Uruguayan football was always known to be kind of violent mostly because the players "feel the shirt" a lot and well they let their emotions run. I'd back any uruguayan player over any of those who you probably back that gives a rats arse about their NT.

My Uruguayans cry when they loose with Uruguay, your Englands think about which ferrari are gonna buy after the match, or which wife of a team mate are going to hit on.[/quote']

Oh I'm sure it was hilarious.

Don't care that I didn't correctly spell some insignificant south american minow country (not saying Englands great). It must be noted that your grasp of the English language apprears to be somewhat flawed. So perhaps consider that before you speak next time.

It seems all Uruguayans have a little violent streak in them including you. Luckily for Suarez he doesn't as he'd get owned each and every time if he did :P Anyway, testiment to my earlier claim of your failure to grasp the English language, I said Evra would fair well against a Uruguayan. Not the England team (cue George Elokobi's call-up). England players cry when we lose important games, so you're point appears pointless pal. Do you honestly think that all of your players are saints? Guarantee that at least one of squad has been disloyal to their wife, and most of them probably have ferrari's or some sort of sports car.

Anyway, as SAF said, Suarez has embarressed Liverpool football club today. A team with a great tradition. I know that you guys will defend everything he does :D

Just daunted on me, why am I even writing this :confused:

I personally wouldn't. It's cheating' date=' which Suarez is great at doing. There were also a few Uruguayans who were calling him a 'hero' for doing that LOL

EDIT : If a team was to cheat and won the world cup - there actually is no point participating at all tbh[/quote']

I think this is important thing to be said.

Oh I'm sure it was hilarious.

Don't care that I didn't correctly spell some insignificant south american minow country (not saying Englands great). It must be noted that your grasp of the English language apprears to be somewhat flawed. So perhaps consider that before you speak next time.

It seems all Uruguayans have a little violent streak in them including you. Luckily for Suarez he doesn't as he'd get owned each and every time if he did :P Anyway' date=' testiment to my earlier claim of your failure to grasp the English language, I said Evra would fair well against a Uruguayan. Not the England team (cue George Elokobi's call-up). England players cry when we lose important games, so you're point appears pointless pal. Do you honestly think that all of your players are saints? Guarantee that at least one of squad has been disloyal to their wife, and most of them probably have ferrari's or some sort of sports car.

Anyway, as SAF said, Suarez has embarressed Liverpool football club today. A team with a great tradition. I know that you guys will defend everything he does :D

Just daunted on me, why am I even writing this :confused:[/quote']

I've never said uruguayan players are saint far from it really.

I respect many england fans around not only many from sm forums but from other places too and really dissrespecting a country that has been more succesful in football than yours not only embarass yourself but many people in here so really not worthy of any further reply.

Have a good day.

I've never said uruguayan players are saint far from it really.

I respect many england fans around not only many from sm forums but from other places too and really dissrespecting a country that has been more succesful in football than yours not only embarass yourself but many people in here so really not worthy of any further reply.

Have a good day.

Classic response.

Ciao

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

It amazes me how so many people just buy into what they are spoon-fed by the media. Did noone ever teach you to always' date=' ALWAYS challenge what you are reading? Like Burs said so eloquently yesterday, just because some toffee-nosed journalism graduate may be in a position to influence your mind, doesn't mean you should immediately accept what they are saying as gospel. I guarantee that the proportion of journalists who have written articles on the Suarez/Evra debacle - that it now is - and have also read the entire 115 page FA report on the issue is under 5%. The condemnation of Suarez is embarrassing in light of the facts we actually have to argue upon. There were no witnesses in this situation, just one man's word against another. In a court of law, well, it wouldn't have even got to court. Yet he was found guilty by a "court" that has a conviction rate above 99%. Ridiculous in every sense of the word.

Please, read some decent, objective jounalism for a change, from someone who doesn't even follow football and has actually read the 115 page report from start to finish no less. I implore you all:

http://newsframes.wordpress.com/2012/01/06/media-on-racism-churnalism/

P.S. By no means am I fully saying Suarez is innocent - nobody can know for sure. I don't even like Suarez as a person that much. But IF, and I know it is a big IF, Suarez was telling the truth and he only called Evra negr0 on one solitary occasion, then I find this witch-hunt to be pretty shameful. And if I were in his shoes and (again, presuming Suarez's version of events are the correct ones) Evra had gone out of his way to make me look like a dispicable human being like the media have done, then I don't think I'd be in the mood for shaking his hand either.

Just my two cents. I await your swathe of backlash.

I've read the full report; the good bits in depth and at least skimmed the rest. I've formed my own opinion on that and think that Commoli and Kuyt both mishearing Suarez on different occasions in different languages and feeling confident enough to give their 'mishearing' as evidence is far too coincidental. True, it wouldn't hold up in a court, which is why it wasn't taken to a criminal court, but since the FA can apparently judge on whether someone is probably guilty, I tend to agree with them. Whether they should be allowed to rule as such is another matter but they've been doing that for years.

Here are a few nice snippets (focusing on Kuyt's account as searching for 'Dutch' is muh more refined than searching for 'Spanish' in the document):

Mr Kuyt said that Mr Suarez speaks

Dutch very well and so they always speak to each other in Dutch.

According to Mr Kuyt, Mr Suarez said to him that he had touched Mr Evra on the head

and he (Mr Evra) said something along the lines of "get away from me South American",

to which Mr Suarez replied "because you're black can't...why can't I touch you then". The

Dutch words which Mr Kuyt recalled Mr Suarez using were "omdat je zwart bent

mag...waarom mag ik je daarom niet aanraken". Mr Kuyt explained to us that the initial

phrase in this passage means "because you are black", i.e. omdat (because) je (you) zwart

(black) bent (are).

Both

Mr Comolli and Mr Kuyt understood Mr Suarez to have told them that when he spoke to

Mr Evra he said words which translate into English as, "Because you are black". According

to Mr Suarez, Mr Comolli misheard what Mr Suarez said in Spanish, and Mr Kuyt

misheard what Mr Suarez said in Dutch.

Mr Suarez dealt with this discrepancy in the following way in his witness statement:

"Dirk Kuyt also spoke to me after the match and I explained to him in Dutch what

had happened. His Dutch version of what was said appears to have lost something

in translation because he, too, is supposed to have heard from me that I said "Why

can't I touch you? Because you're black?" but all I said was "Por que negro?".

The last one is particularly interesting as Suarez focuses on his story of what he said in Spanish, not what he told Kuyt in Dutch. I'm by no means a language expert but if 'because he is' (porque) and the term of affection Suarez claims to have used (por que) are also similar in Dutch, I'll be very surprised.

Anyhoo, that's nearer here nor there as nobody should believe what they've just read ;) Suarez was an absolute moron for not shaking Evra's hand. Whether he still feels hard done by or not, when both clubs agreed to keep the handshake in, if either Evra or Suarez had declined then it would have reflected badly on their respective club. For him to then continue and kick the ball at the dugout and be involved in some kind of tunnel scuffle just makes him out to be even more petulant to the generic football fan.

EDIT: Really really excellent article you've linked to though :)

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has apologised for not shaking Patrice Evra's hand before Saturday's game at Old Trafford. Suarez told the Liverpool website: "I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong. I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened. I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions. I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

Would have put it behind him immediately had he shook Evra's hand. Think it looks like a rather forced apology but at least someone at Liverpool has told him he was acting like a cretin.

More from Ian Ayre:

Reds managing director Ian Ayre has just released the following statement: "We are extremely disappointed Luis Suarez did not shake hands with Patrice Evra before yesterday's game. The player had told us beforehand that he would, but then chose not to do so. He was wrong to mislead us and wrong not to offer his hand to Patrice Evra. He has not only let himself down, but also Kenny Dalglish, his teammates and the club. It has been made absolutely clear to Luis Suarez that his behaviour was not acceptable. Luis Suarez has now apologised for his actions which was the right thing to do. However, all of us have a duty to behave in a responsible manner and we hope that he now understands what is expected of anyone representing Liverpool Football Club."

Wonder what Kenny makes of this given his staunch defence of Suarez...

Whether the apology is forced or not, it is what it is - an apology.

Shame he hasn't properly apologised for his original actions properly, but hopefully with no more L'pool v United games on the fixture list we can move on and discuss something new.

Would have put it behind him immediately had he shook Evra's hand. Think it looks like a rather forced apology but at least someone at Liverpool has told him he was acting like a cretin.

tbh i would have much preferred him to stick with his guns and say no, im not saying sorry because this is what i believe in.

This apology is worthless because its words placed in his mouth.

tbh i would have much preferred him to stick with his guns and say no' date=' im not saying sorry because this is what i believe in.

This apology is worthless because its words placed in his mouth.[/quote']

That, and he hasn't apologised to Evra at all :o Looks like Liverpool are trying to gloss over the incident and Suarez is personally making some statement to endear himself to the Liverpool top echelons.

On the dalglish thing, your always going to stick up for your own I guess. Its slightly embarassing at times but Suarez is so important to Liverpool that maybe annoying a few people in defence of your talisman is a good thing?

Only a few weeks ago we had a couple of city fans defending the more than obvious stamp by Balotelli to the head of Parker and even on match of the day we had the clueless Dickson defending the situation.

Its all opinion based but if I were in kennys boots id be looking after my best assett and not worrying about opposition fans being butthurt from my stance.

:confused:

Why are Liverpool fans so deluded?

If someone racially abused you' date=' would you report it?[/quote']

please dont tell me your suggesting the use of racist termonology should not be reported.

Also what is said on the pitch stays on the pitch isnt a football code.

Your unbelievable.

utterly shocking.

Cant say what i want to without getting booted of this forum.

The above fan and his view is why alot of football fans in this country hates your club' date=' your fans , your manager and suarez.

:)[/quote']

Just read over what I said and I think you didn't realy understand me, I was talking about the way Evra talked about it in an interview. When he reported it he should have got with it and not go to a big media source about it.

Excellent response from LFC in regards to the incident last night.

An apology, forced or not, is still an apology and credit must go to Ian Ayre for publicly condemning Suarez, and to Dalglish for apologising for his behaviour in the interview.

And as has been said, hopefully this incident can be put behind us and we can all focus on the FOOTBALL rivalry.

Fair play to Liverpool.

Those apologies are so forced, late and most importantly not to Evra as to be almost meaningless... I don't understand how anyone, even 'Pool supporters, could be a fan of the guy. Even before Saturday's events, he was known as a diving, cheating, racist ayhole of a player. Suarez's already missed enough games to seriously negatively affect Liverpool's season and it's for no reason other than he's an idiot, and for two separate incidents even. He was in the middle of serving a seven match ban in Holland when he was signed by Liverpool, we all remember the Fulham incidentand in his first game back he eye-gouged and kicked Scott Parker in the chest - he'll get banned again.

And let's not forget, Liverpool look bloody shocking for the entire thing. There is a reason only Terry is being crapped on not Chelsea, the t-shirts at Wigan said it all.

Between this, the JT trial and 'Harry Capello and the approaching trainwreck of Polkraine' the back pages will be nowt but lazy journalism, recycled drivel and negativity. Yay.

Cheekylad, you've never had a forced apology, have you? ;)

Those apologies are so forced' date=' late and most importantly [i']not to Evra[/i] as to be almost meaningless... I don't understand how anyone, even 'Pool supporters, could be a fan of the guy. Even before Saturday's events, he was known as a diving, cheating, racist ayhole of a player. Suarez's already missed enough games to seriously negatively affect Liverpool's season and it's for no reason other than he's an idiot, and for two separate incidents even. He was in the middle of serving a seven match ban in Holland when he was signed by Liverpool, we all remember the Fulham incidentand in his first game back he eye-gouged and kicked Scott Parker in the chest - he'll get banned again.

And let's not forget, Liverpool look bloody shocking for the entire thing. There is a reason only Terry is being crapped on not Chelsea, the t-shirts at Wigan said it all.

Between this, the JT trial and 'Harry Capello and the approaching trainwreck of Polkraine' the back pages will be nowt but lazy journalism, recycled drivel and negativity. Yay.

Cheekylad, you've never had a forced apology, have you? ;)

Tbh, after the last few months any apology is a step forward.

It also makes the LFC fans who were defending Suarez's actions yesterday look like complete and utter 'mugs';)

If LFC fans want to think Evra is "unreliable" as a witness, what now will they think of Suarez who LIED to his OWN club and manager:rolleyes:

Next time, I hope LFC fans won't be so deluded in their defence of the player.

As has been pointed out, Utd players have made many mistakes in the past, and for the most part have been condemned as 'men' by Utd fans.

LFC fans finally removing the blinkers and nullifying any of their previous posts with their absolutely ridiculous tripe defending Suarez, Dalglish and the club.

But an apology is a step to recovery for this once great club, and may go some way to putting them on the road to restoring their reputation.