ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I don't understand how anyone' date=' even 'Pool supporters, could be a fan of the guy[/b']. Even before Saturday's events, he was known as a diving, cheating, racist ayhole of a player. Suarez's already missed enough games to seriously negatively affect Liverpool's season and it's for no reason other than he's an idiot, and for two separate incidents even. He was in the middle of serving a seven match ban in Holland when he was signed by Liverpool, we all remember the Fulham incidentand in his first game back he eye-gouged and kicked Scott Parker in the chest - he'll get banned again.

How could we not? Off the pitch he seems like a very nice person and on the pitch he's a maniac, but because he's our maniac who's a fantastic player as well, of course we love him. This does not, however, mean that we approve all of the stuff he does/says. Bellamy is another player like him although he does look more calm these days.

If someone falsely accuses you of racism (destroying your reputation) I don't think you would want to shake his hand. Now we don't know how the conversation between Evra & Suarez actually went (no evidence for or against either) but the fact that Suarez didn't shake Evra's hand shows to me that Suarez is still adamant that Evra was in the wrong claiming Suarez to use the word 7 times. I do think Suarez should have shaken Evra's hand because 1) he promised Dalglish he would 2) he must have known the consequences in the media if he didn't shake Evra's hand.

All these incidents will teach Suarez and if he doesn't learn anything, Dalglish won't stand for it and Suarez gets sold, it's as simple as that. I'm optimistic and I believe Suarez will improve his behaviour because he's a player who always, always wants to be on the pitch and obviously if he gets banned he can't do that. There's unsurprisingly plenty of suggestions that he'll leave in the summer but I don't think that he will. It's not Liverpool's style to "give up" this easily but there's a chance that the owners won't want him here if he keeps on causing problems. My guess is that if he leaves next summer, it will be because he wants to, not that Liverpool want to sell him.

I also have a lot of sympathy for the guy because of people like you, Spam. You're branding him as a known racist and he simply isn't.

Those apologies are so forced' date=' late and most importantly [i']not to Evra[/i] as to be almost meaningless... I don't understand how anyone, even 'Pool supporters, could be a fan of the guy. Even before Saturday's events, he was known as a diving, cheating, racist ayhole of a player. Suarez's already missed enough games to seriously negatively affect Liverpool's season and it's for no reason other than he's an idiot, and for two separate incidents even. He was in the middle of serving a seven match ban in Holland when he was signed by Liverpool, we all remember the Fulham incidentand in his first game back he eye-gouged and kicked Scott Parker in the chest - he'll get banned again.

And let's not forget, Liverpool look bloody shocking for the entire thing. There is a reason only Terry is being crapped on not Chelsea, the t-shirts at Wigan said it all.

Between this, the JT trial and 'Harry Capello and the approaching trainwreck of Polkraine' the back pages will be nowt but lazy journalism, recycled drivel and negativity. Yay.

Cheekylad, you've never had a forced apology, have you? ;)

And this is why we haven't moved on, because of people like this. Who cares if it is forced it has finally came out and the issue is getting so boring. Erm and I think Liverpool fans like Suarez because he is one of our best players maybe?

How could we not? Off the pitch he seems like a very nice person and on the pitch he's a maniac' date=' but because he's our maniac who's a fantastic player as well, of course we love him. This does not, however, mean that we approve all of the stuff he does/says. Bellamy is another player like him although he does look more calm these days.

If someone falsely accuses you of racism (destroying your reputation) I don't think you would want to shake his hand. Now we don't know how the conversation between Evra & Suarez actually went (no evidence for or against either) but the fact that Suarez didn't shake Evra's hand shows to me that Suarez is still adamant that Evra was in the wrong claiming Suarez to use the word 7 times. I do think Suarez should have shaken Evra's hand because 1) he promised Dalglish he would 2) he must have known the consequences in the media if he didn't shake Evra's hand.

[b']All these incidents will teach Suarez and if he doesn't learn anything, Dalglish won't stand for it and Suarez gets sold, it's as simple as that. I'm optimistic and I believe Suarez will improve his behaviour because he's a player who always, always wants to be on the pitch and obviously if he gets banned he can't do that.[/b] There's unsurprisingly plenty of suggestions that he'll leave in the summer but I don't think that he will. It's not Liverpool's style to "give up" this easily but there's a chance that the owners won't want him here if he keeps on causing problems. My guess is that if he leaves next summer, it will be because he wants to, not that Liverpool want to sell him.

I also have a lot of sympathy for the guy because of people like you, Spam. You're branding him as a known racist and he simply isn't.

tbh I can pretty much guarantee Suarez will do something stupid, maybe not in the next game, but in the near future. I can also see Dalglish defending soon after, and we're back where we started.. :rolleyes:

Mind you, if he does improves his behavior then thats good for Liverpool (highly unlikely though)

tbh I can pretty much guarantee Suarez will do something stupid' date=' maybe not in the next game, but in the near future. I can also see Dalglish defending soon after, and we're back where we started.. :rolleyes:

Mind you, if he does improves his behavior then thats good for Liverpool (highly unlikely though)[/quote']

That's a possibility but I think it's quite a naïve way of looking at it. Like I said he's a player who wants to be on the pitch all the time and hates getting subbed off so I'm sure he'll do his best to be eligible for all games possible. He's temperamental but not stupid enough to call someone negr0 again or bite a player again or do something worth more than a 3 game ban. Obviously with his temperament it's possible for him to get a red card in a game but you have to accept that that comes with some good players.

Do you think Downing can eventually become a 'decent' player for you lot or would it be worth looking at alternative wingers in the summer?

If you had a winger who could regularly land a cross on the head of an attacker it may also help to bring the best out of Carroll who tbf to him, has at least been showing signs of improvement over recent weeks.

Do you think Downing can eventually become a 'decent' player for you lot or would it be worth looking at alternative wingers in the summer?

If you had a winger who could regularly land a cross on the head of an attacker it may also help to bring the best out of Carroll who tbf to him' date=' has at least been showing signs of improvement over recent weeks.[/quote']

He's nearly 28 - I honestly didn't realise he was that age, still had him down as 23-24

Hello guys , what is your opinion on Henderson ?

Honestly , i think he is useless . Seriously , i dont know why a lot of LFC fan said that this guy is a great player , and praise him after match when he was actually contribute very little . He always tried to play safe which is for me is one of the reason we didnt create enough chance .

This is just my honest view , am i the only one LFC fan think like this ? :confused:

To be fair' date=' he's not terrible.[/quote']

He's not terrible?

He is now' date=' but when he was at middlesbrough he was actually a quality player. Dunno what's happened to the guy.[/quote']

But the suddenly he is?? Make your mind up!

I'll tell you whats happened to him, at middlesborouh and villa, both clubs played with a direct style of play, his job was pretty simple but very effective by putting in crosses for him teammates, he's been found out a Liverpool though with his pretty much one-dimensional play, at times i agree it has benefited Liverpool, but he's just not good enough, and his performance v man u suggested that he knows it himself aswell, absolutely drained of quality and confidence. Like i said on the day, there was no point in starting him if Carroll was on the bench, had both started the game together, then it may have been a different story, the only thing Downing has to his game is his delivery, which tbf to him is very good, only problem was v man u there was hardly anyone in the box waiting for a cross, and when this season he has put in dangerous deliveries, the strikers have miserably failed to put them away.

Hello guys ' date=' what is your opinion on Henderson ?

Honestly , i think he is useless . Seriously , i dont know why a lot of LFC fan said that this guy is a great player , and praise him after match when he was actually contribute very little . He always tried to play safe which is for me is one of the reason we didnt create enough chance .

This is just my honest view , am i the only one LFC fan think like this ? :confused:[/quote']

I can remember how poor shelvey was when i first saw him play for Liverpool, i was very quick to write him of even though he had just arrived from the third tier of English football, Henderson though i'm sure even had an England cap to his name before he signed?? I honestly don't see what he has to his game other than 'working hard' - aka running like a headless chicken, can't see him being neither the destroyer type eg Parker, nor the creative type eg Wilshere, don't know what the club saw in him tbh, whatever it is he's yet to show it, still very young though obviously and i'm hoping it's just taking him time to settle in.

Tbh' date=' after the last few months any apology is a step forward.

It also makes the LFC fans who were defending Suarez's actions yesterday look like complete and utter 'mugs';)

[b']No it dont, just as in any form of life you defend your own. As said in previous post I can clearly understand why Suarez would not want to shake Evra's hand, see post on 926 for detailed reasons. Do I think it was wise, clever, intelligent clearly not, for the good of the club he should have cast aside his obvious personal grievences and just shook his hand and moved on, unfortunatly he made a bad choice.[/b]

But as stated previously I think the handshake in many ways should be abandoned, it has turned into a circus and to be frank I find the fakeness of some handshakes and there insincerity make them meaningless. As stated I can personally having fully read FA report etc understand why he (and Evra) would not want to shake each other's hand. The simple truth of what is the truth is only Suarez and Evra know.

If LFC fans want to think Evra is "unreliable" as a witness, what now will they think of Suarez who LIED to his OWN club and manager:rolleyes:

Extremely dissapointed this is where he has REALLY LET THE CLUB DOWN, he has lied over his intention to shake Evra's hand and whether he was overcome with emotion on the day or whatever he has undermined Kenny, the owners and more importantly the fans.

Next time, I hope LFC fans won't be so deluded in their defence of the player.

I still dont think our defence of him based on the "evidence" was deluded at all but that has been done so no point doing it again.

As has been pointed out, Utd players have made many mistakes in the past, and for the most part have been condemned as 'men' by Utd fans.

Really???? TBF to you you are the only one I have ever seen criticise any of there own when there actions have been indefensible.

LFC fans finally removing the blinkers and nullifying any of their previous posts with their absolutely ridiculous tripe defending Suarez, Dalglish and the club.

What you mean in the same way that Ferguson defended cantona and stuck by his player despite him blatantly being in the wrong?? You defend your own I dont criticise Fergie for sticking by Cantona it is what a manager does, protects his player. Where I do criticise Ferguson is for his post match comments. If he is all for ending the issue rising above it etc etc those comments were uncalled for. Whatever he may think of Suarez, the management of Liverpool is none of his concern and TBF I didnt see any managers coming out saying Cantona was a disgrace and should never play for man Utd again.

I would also like to reconfirm that Man utd fans(some not all coz I dont generalise all your fans as your fans have with us) have hardly been to well behaved in this matter. Il repeat this part of my previous post

As for taking the moral high ground, LOL you certainly cant claim nothing in fact I find it laughable the behavouir of your so called "moral fans"

So lets check it out:

Your players...

- Cheating on your wife-check (numerous)

- Paying for prostitutes- Check

- Sleeping with your own brothers wife- check

- Physically assaulting football fans- Check

_ Trying to permenently injure a player for life- check

- Deliberatly avoiding drug testing- check

- Consistantly intimidating referees- check

- Homophobic abuse- check

- Trying to incite players with unnecessary "celebrations"- Check

Just to name a few

Your "Moral high ground fans on this issue"

- OOps one of your fans arrested for racial abuse (but that would never happen would it...oh no hang on it has.....

-your fanzine Selling magazinesdeliberatly trying to incite racial hatred- Check

- Selling T-Shirts with Ku Klux Klan implications on Suarez- Check

- Oh and actually more Man United fans have been arrested for "Racial issues" since there behavouir today.

Your forum members:

- Branding all Liverpool fans as:

Scum, disgrace to society, worse than summit that rhymes with hits, branding us all as racists. (clearly any educated person would not generalise an entire group of people in said terms)

Saying that they hope somebody breaks Suarez leg and he "gets what's coming to him" ( I will go out of my way here to condemn this so called "fan" as he is without doubt the biggest Moron i have ever seen comment on either thread)

-Condoning Evra's deliberate attempt to incite Suarez at the end of the game, which Suarez done well to ignore,

- General wumming of the LIVERPOOL THREAD and trying to incite reactions...

yep I totally agree you have the moral High Ground

as I say it is wrong to brand a whole community by the actions of a idiotic minority....but if you decide to have a go at us it is more than easy to show that it works both ways and I am happy to say that I and the majority of the Liverpool fans who used this thread have not resorted to the kind of childish name-calling and stereotyping of a whole community of fans/club/players etc

But an apology is a step to recovery for this once great club, and may go some way to putting them on the road to restoring their reputation.

An apology was deserved for Saturday the club have acted appropriatley and hopefully this can finally be put to bed even though I agree it should have been Saturday morning.

The bigger question is what happens with Suarez now??

I have TBH he has let the club down big time in his undermining of kenny and with all the commotion I fear for his future at the club. I will go on record and say I DONT EXPECT Suarez to be here at the start of next season. I hope he is because despite the controversy he is a fantastic player, our best player and we need him. It all depends on whether he, Dalglish and the club can find some common ground and hopefully all move on. I hope that this whole situation has enlightend him to what it means and how priviledged he is to play for this great football club. Despite what some people will say this is one of the greatest clubs in world football and I do not feel embaressed or ashamed to feel great pride in the club. There is no doubt that the club has been tarnished but not that much in my own mind to eradicate all the fantastic work Liverpool does in so many different respects throughout the world.

An apology was deserved for Saturday the club have acted appropriatley and hopefully this can finally be put to bed even though I agree it should have been Saturday morning.

I have TBH he has let the club down big time in his undermining of kenny and with all the commotion I fear for his future at the club. I will go on record and say I DONT EXPECT Suarez to be here at the start of next season. I hope he is because despite the controversy he is a fantastic player' date=' our best player and we need him. It all depends on whether he, Dalglish and the club can find some common ground and hopefully all move on. I hope that this whole situation has enlightend him to what it means and how priviledged he is to play for this great football club. Despite what some people will say this is one of the greatest clubs in world football and I do not feel embaressed or ashamed to feel great pride in the club. There is no doubt that the club has been tarnished but not that much in my own mind to eradicate all the fantastic work Liverpool does in so many different respects throughout the world.[/b']

Suarez is best Liverpool player,agree with cheeky shaking should be abandon its became circus,yea Liverpool one of the most succesfull world clubs and supporters should be proud

I have TBH he has let the club down big time in his undermining of kenny and with all the commotion I fear for his future at the club. I will go on record and say I DONT EXPECT Suarez to be here at the start of next season. I hope he is because despite the controversy he is a fantastic player' date=' our best player and we need him. It all depends on whether he, Dalglish and the club can find some common ground and hopefully all move on. I hope that this whole situation has enlightend him to what it means and how priviledged he is to play for this great football club. Despite what some people will say this is one of the greatest clubs in world football and I do not feel embaressed or ashamed to feel great pride in the club. There is no doubt that the club has been tarnished but not that much in my own mind to eradicate all the fantastic work Liverpool does in so many different respects throughout the world.[/b']

Pretty solid post there tbf chap. All fair points and on the ones we have disagreed on in the past - well we can continue to disagree on them:p

In regards to Suarez being there next season: What if Dalglish isn't?

There have been suggestions he may be replaced at the seasons end. Do you see it as if KD goes Suarez stays or vice versa?

Or is it a possibility that they could both depart at the end of the season?

The handshake wasn't abandoned because both Evra and Suarez said they would shake hands. That's why Suarez has taken some flak from the people high up at Liverpool: he said he'd shake Evra's hand' date=' but didn't.[/quote']

Moved the topic to where it belongs.

That is very true. Suarez worse act so far was telling the club he would shake hands and eventually failing at them, way more when the team has been supporting his stupid actions since forever.

If Suarez wanted to stick in his position he should have told KD and the club that he would do the hand shake with Evra.

Moved the topic to where it belongs.

That is very true. Suarez worse act so far was telling the club he would shake hands and eventually failing at them' date=' way more when the team has been supporting his stupid actions since forever.

[b']If Suarez wanted to stick in his position he should have told KD and the club that he would do the hand shake with Evra[/b].

That pretty much sums it up for me, its not the fact he didnt want to shake hands thats fine (lets be honest if you dont wanna shake somebodys hand your not going to) it was the fact he lead everybody to believe he would that is the actual controversy i guess.

Much to do about nothing in the grand scheme of things mind, its just like going to high five someone and being left hanging :P

I can remember how poor shelvey was when i first saw him play for Liverpool' date=' i was very quick to write him of even though he had just arrived from the third tier of English football, Henderson though i'm sure even had an England cap to his name before he signed?? [b']I honestly don't see what he has to his game other than 'working hard' - aka running like a headless chicken, can't see him being neither the destroyer type eg Parker, nor the creative type eg Wilshere, don't know what the club saw in him tbh[/b], whatever it is he's yet to show it, still very young though obviously and i'm hoping it's just taking him time to settle in.

Couldnt agree more , at least im not alone who think like this as i saw a lot of Liverpool fan rate him highly :confused: .

This is what i think about what liverpool should do in the summer. Liverpool definitely need a right winger. That will mean Henderson won't have to play out of position and he can be a sub for us next season with the hope he improves. Also I think in the summer Liverpool should take a gamble on a young striker who will be happy to have limited game time and just see how he does as I still think we need a few more options upfront.

Also my team for carling cup final would be:

Reina

Kelly-Agger-Skrtel-Enrique

Bellamy-gerrard-spearing-downing

Carrol-Suarez