ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Was a good performance tonight and we put our chances away.. sort of :P I thought Downing played very well tonight, actually took on his man and got the better of him numerous time and put in some decent crosses. Carroll played fairly well also. Adam.. some poor passes at times and lost possession a fair bit (though I watch out for it more than most because I love to criticize his ability as I just don't think he is good enough).

In reply to Angus, I think we should get a young striker as you said who is willing to take limited game time and to progress slowly here and hopefully become big, the lad from Groningen for example, a right winger I agree with also but who is good enough and would come here? Other than that I am very happy with our side currently.

Was a good performance tonight and we put our chances away.. sort of :P I thought Downing played very well tonight' date=' actually took on his man and got the better of him numerous time and put in some decent crosses. Carroll played fairly well also. [b']Adam.. some poor passes at times and lost possession a fair bit [/b](though I watch out for it more than most because I love to criticize his ability as I just don't think he is good enough).

In reply to Angus, I think we should get a young striker as you said who is willing to take limited game time and to progress slowly here and hopefully become big, the lad from Groningen for example, a right winger I agree with also but who is good enough and would come here? Other than that I am very happy with our side currently.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/duo-record-top-pass-stats

Opta statistics show how Adam - the only Liverpool midfielder to play the full 90 minutes - hit 59 passes, 96.6 per cent of which went to a man in a red shirt.

I feel your blinded by your hate for him (As am I ;)) But credit were it is due for the man

Decent display although lets be honest the opposition was absolutely appaling after the 3rd goal went in they gave up in all senses.

Decent display from Downing, bit like how he played in the first couple of months of the season, whipping in crosses, running at his man, showing intent, shame about the 3months after that :P Lets just hope he gains a bit of confidence because when he does play well it is clear to see what he can offer us albeit it is way to irregular.

Adam again I thought was decent certainly deserves to be in CM IMO in front of Henderson. He has got a fair amount of IMO unfair criticism on this thread in recent months his performance level up to DEC was good enough. Certainly had a downturn in form but the last few games he has picked it up again.

Fair play to Carroll to, I will never be convinced he actually has the ability to play at a club of our size but at least he looks like and is giving commitment, effort, a bit of desire it is good to see.

Cant complain with the draw either, a home draw is what you are after and whilst Stoke are a very tricky side we have to be content with that.

We have also drawn Ajax who beat Barcelona, in the S/F of the nextgen series I would advise everybody to watch I think it is mid-March really should be an excellent game.

Decent display although lets be honest the opposition was absolutely appaling after the 3rd goal went in they gave up in all senses.

Decent display from Downing' date=' bit like how he played in the first couple of months of the season, whipping in crosses, running at his man, showing intent, shame about the 3months after that :P Lets just hope he gains a bit of confidence because when he does play well it is clear to see what he can offer us albeit it is way to irregular.

Adam again I thought was decent certainly deserves to be in CM IMO in front of Henderson. He has got a fair amount of IMO unfair criticism on this thread in recent months his performance level up to DEC was good enough. Certainly had a downturn in form but the last few games he has picked it up again.

Fair play to Carroll to, I will never be convinced he actually has the ability to play at a club of our size but at least he looks like and is giving commitment, effort, a bit of desire it is good to see.

Cant complain with the draw either, a home draw is what you are after and whilst Stoke are a very tricky side we have to be content with that.

[b']We have also drawn Ajax who beat Barcelona, in the S/F of the nextgen series I would advise everybody to watch I think it is mid-March really should be an excellent game.[/b]

Is the game at Anfield? If so I wouldn't find going to watch you lot get battered by Ajax:p

Is the game at Anfield? If so I wouldn't find going to watch you lot get battered by Ajax:p

Yep at Anfield.

Saw highlights of the Ajax-Barca game and they were pretty tasty, but we are a decent side ourselves but plenty of decent talent on show from both sides....will be a great game.

Any of you lot watch the reserve derby? Missed it as I was in school but can anyone tell me how Barkley played?

I watched it but didn't really pay attention to Barkley. Your standout performers were Coleman and Weir and some midfielder whose name escapes me (it started with an f I think). Browning also stood out but in bad way:o

I watched it but didn't really pay attention to Barkley. Your standout performers were Coleman and Weir and some midfielder whose name escapes me (it started with an f I think). Browning also stood out but in bad way:o

Was it Forshaw?

Im sorry i know it only adds more fire but this really made me giggle...

404208_369255016426573_176938635658213_1415637_818129124_n.jpg

Driving on the wrong side of the road, and deliberately driving through a puddle to soak someone are both possible criminal offences in the UK.

Of course, Suarez will use the defense that in South America it is common and socially acceptable to drive on the wrong side of the road and through a puddle to soak someone

Driving on the wrong side of the road' date=' and deliberately driving through a puddle to soak someone are both possible criminal offences in the UK.

Of course, Suarez will use the defense that in South America it is common and socially acceptable to drive on the wrong side of the road and through a puddle to soak someone[/quote']

Game.

Set.

Match;)

Driving on the wrong side of the road' date=' and deliberately driving through a puddle to soak someone are both possible criminal offences in the UK.

Of course, Suarez will use the defense that in South America it is common and socially acceptable to drive on the wrong side of the road and through a puddle to soak someone[/quote']

What if it's a narrow one way street? Suarez would have no choice but to soak Evra as he would have nowhere else to go :)

What if it's a narrow one way street? Suarez would have no choice but to soak Evra as he would have nowhere else to go :)

Liverpool and Suarez both took the one way street by refusing to apologise straight away.

It's always been difficult for them to do a u-turn since then :D

And that everybody does so to their friends in a purely friendly manner, it's like saying, "hi, mate, go for a drink?"

''From @Martyjh8: "Roses are red/Violets are blue/Why was I so much?/I haven't a clue" - Andy Carroll''

:D:D:o

Sterling's goal v Everton

HDbglOO16C0&feature

Also Ibe's first goal for Liverpool

edkcp6Z4H7s&feature

Sterling's goal v Everton

HDbglOO16C0&feature

Also Ibe's first goal for Liverpool

edkcp6Z4H7s&feature

Watched the Liverpool U18's vs Everton U18's game in my free's in school, Ibe looks like he is a good young player, he made a very good run showing good skill to set up Morgan in a game Liverpool won 3-1. Everton maybe would have had a chance if Lundstrum wasn't sent off (seen worse this season go unpunished but probably the right decision) but overall it was a good game from what I seen.

Team:

Reina' date=' Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Adam, Henderson, Downing, Suarez, Carroll.

Subs: Doni, JC, JS, CB, DK, MK, Maxi[/quote']

Not keen to see Henderson in starting lineup after his recent performance . But still we will win this one :D