ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

You should change the sentence to "Here in Great Britain". Most of the people who come to this thread to mock/trash talk' date=' etc have no idea whats going on outside the islands.[/quote']

People dispute your claim that "Suarez is the 3rd best forward in the world" and it becomes 'trash talk':confused:

Also generalising that many who post on this thread or any others are oblivious to what is going on in the world is quite clearly rude and ignorant on your behalf.

I know a lot of foreign folk who come on here and give a good argument or banter. But unfortunately idiots like yourself come on here and if anyone dares to question one of your points you go on the offensive, insulting said posters and criticising Great Britain (which you have done on more than one occasion).

Even when a point you make is proven by the majority to be stupid, you don't consider accepting anyone else's opinion, instead you make up clueless attempts to validate your claims and if that fails you resort to insulting the poster or stereotyping Great Britain.

If the good folk of this country are far too clueless for you chap then feel free to sod off to a Uruguayan one;)

Maybe if Uruguayans in the public eye had a touch of humility then we wouldn't see the likes of you acting like such a fool. Unfortunately Uruguayans and 'class' are further apart than A and Z (See what I did there with a needless stereotype and an insult):rolleyes:

Anyway as has been pointed out, and a point that the majority of level headed LFC fans agree with, Suarez is not and is nowehere near the 3rd best attacker in the world. Not even in the top 10.

Well the post in which you stated that Suarez was the "3rd best attacker in the world" was followed by your post that said "Falcao is flopping in Madrid"' date=' so I take everything you say with a pinch of salt tbh;)

[b']As i said in a previous conversation and you did not replied, Falcao flopped the first 6 months not only in scoring goals but in playing. How many of those goals are via penalty? I do agree and its obvious that Falcao is doing great now but mostly because Madrid improved a lot as a whole.[/b]

Yes he played well against Brighton (slow clap). But he goes missing many times and as I have said for a long time - his goal record is atrocious for someone you deem to be the "3rd best attacker in the world".

Problem is that he is not playing as a striker in Liverpool. He plays as a striker in Uruguay, what are the results? Go figure yourself.

As I pointed out - the clubs who you mention would be interested and would view Suarez as a probable acquisition already have strikers who score more goals, and as a striker your primary job is to..................score goals.

He would be probably placed as a striker and assisted by high quality players. Its all guess of course but the history indicates Suarez has been a goalscorer in all the teams he has played as a striker and also in his NT.

And as I pointed out to you in the list I made of strikers 'better' than Suarez (all 10 of them - the post where you said that Falcao, who is only behind Ronaldo and Messi in the La Liga scoring charts, is "flopping" in Madrid which makes me think you don't know as much as you let on ;)), they have all been scoring regularly and performing much better over the whole of the season.

I believe all of the players you mentioned play in better teams with better players for more than 8 months with their teams (except for Aguero and Falcao) and most of them except for a few showed nothing on their NT's which you claim is easier to perform... :rolleyes:

Liverpool have always had a great goalscorer in their succesful periods whether it be a Rush, Fowler, Owen etc etc.

I agree, they played as strikers and also with better players around.

However Suarez only seems to succeed against second rate South American teams, lower league opposition and the Eredivisie.

Second rate South American teams > than third rate European teams (Like Slovakia, Hungary, Finland, etc). South American qualifiers are the hardest in the world and by far. Argentina have an amazing team, yet they cannot even beat Bolivia as locals, having Argentina 4 that you mentioned as better than Suarez.

As it was repeated many times and no one seems to contradict it Suarez plays in a team that struggles to find a new path. He obviously haven't impressed that much yet because all of you base how good a player is on his statistics, you probably don't even watch the games you just look at his numbers and figure out how he played. Obviously dribble some defenders and ridiculize them like he did against the UTD in the 3-1 game, where all the defense line needed a GPS to find Suarez is not enough, i do agree but im positive that the bigger club of England will find a way to make a come back and find this new path.

Maybe the PL is a bridge too far for him in terms of ever being a player capable of getting 15-20 goals a season.

Maybe you are right, i would say that should be judged when he plays as a forward and in a team that averages at least 2 goals per game.

if you can still find a club silly enough to pay £20m for him then I would snap their hands off.

Other than his behaviour, any club would pay over 20M for him, more so if they plan to use him as an AM/Winger, Suarez is a great player and could get into almost any side in the world.

All very well' date=' but the point stands - Suarez is NOT the third best striker in 'Great Britain' - therefore he can't possibly be the 3rd best in the world.

Let's agree to disagree :)[/quote']

Not really, i refereed to your point "we don't take this nonsense here". Great Britain is without a doubt a very particular place with a lot of great things and a lot of bad ones.

Other than his behaviour' date=' any club would pay over 20M for him, more so if they plan to use him as an AM/Winger, Suarez is a great player and could get into almost any side in the world.[/quote']

Tevez has behaviour issues, but if they were the same price I know which one I would have in my team (well, that's if I didn't loathe the one I would have at the moment*)

*I WILL be changing my Tevez opinion if he scores the winner against United in April (becaue I am a football fan and I am fickle)

Other than his behaviour' date=' any club would pay over 20M for him, more so if they plan to use him as an AM/Winger, Suarez is a great player and could get into almost any side in the world.[/quote']

How do you propose somebody would buy Suarez as a player but not have his behaviour along with it? :confused: I personally wouldn't want a player with his temperament at City and, to be frank, I don't think he's the 'great' player you lot make him out to be. He's good but not great IMO.

Maybe you are right' date=' i would say that should be judged when he plays as a forward and in a team that averages at least 2 goals per game.[/quote']

1: Falcao has never been 'flopping' in Madrid.

2: He tends to be the furthest forward in most attacks and some of his finsihing has been abysmal/unlucky (unlucky being the 'great' performances from some gk's - but hey, other strikers beat the same gk's with ease.

3:Yes I agree to an extent. However this is his first taste of a 'top' league against 'top' players and his goal record is appaling. Maybe he just can't cut it as a striker in the PL?

4: It is easy to score a few goals for a NT as the opposition tends to be poorer than a 'top' league. Healy scored bucketloads for NI including a hat-trick against Spain for example, whilst Messi and Aguero do not 'shine' for Argentina. But they shine for club sides in the hardest leagues in the world.

You place far too much emphasis on NT football. Great players can flop and poor players can perform phenomenally - at the end of the day it is 'club' football which is the bread and butter and Suarez has yet to show he can score consistently at the highest level.

As an AM I would gladly agree that he is exceptional. However as a forward, which is the position you initially purchased him for, there are many many better in terms of goalscoring and making an impact in important matches.

I agree there, Suarez still needs to prove he can score a lot in the highest level (despite been the top scorer of Liverpool).

However he is showing to be a great Advanced Midfielder. Whenever he comes back to be a straight forward he should be measured that way. You cant request oranges to an apple tree...

I agree there' date=' Suarez still needs to prove he can score a lot in the highest level (despite been the top scorer of Liverpool).

However he is showing to be a great Advanced Midfielder. Whenever he comes back to be a straight forward he should be measured that way. You cant request oranges to an apple tree...[/quote']

His chance/conversion ratio would suggest differently.

As an AM he CAN BE effective. But he fails to make the difference against the smaller sides (think of the 1-1's at Anfield this season where others would maybe have contributed some magic to turn a draw into a win).

And until he either starts making a difference OR scoring goals regularly then there will always be a question mark next to his name.

His chance/conversion ratio would suggest differently.

As an AM he CAN BE effective. But he fails to make the difference against the smaller sides (think of the 1-1's at Anfield this season where others would maybe have contributed some magic to turn a draw into a win).

And until he either starts making a difference OR scoring goals regularly then there will always be a question mark next to his name.

I disagree. All those tied games he was the difference the only one carrying the team on his shoulders creating chances out of nowhere, unluckily like that game against Stoke he couldnt score but it was himself creating the chances and not the only one missing the goals.

The chance/conversion ratio... maybe when he gets someone to leave him 1 on 1 with the keeper 2 or 3 times per game as the other goalscorers are perhaps it increases...

I disagree. All those tied games he was the difference the only one carrying the team on his shoulders creating chances out of nowhere' date=' unluckily like that game against Stoke he couldnt score but it was himself creating the chances and not the only one missing the goals.

The chance/conversion ratio... maybe when he gets someone to leave him 1 on 1 with the keeper 2 or 3 times per game as the other goalscorers are perhaps it increases...[/quote']

I meant being the difference between drawing 1-1 and winning 2-1.

He has failed to make a significant impact in these games when he is needed the most.

I disagree. All those tied games he was the difference the only one carrying the team on his shoulders creating chances out of nowhere' date=' unluckily like that game against Stoke he couldnt score but it was himself creating the chances and not the only one missing the goals.

The chance/conversion ratio... maybe when he gets someone to leave him 1 on 1 with the keeper 2 or 3 times per game as the other goalscorers are perhaps it increases...[/quote']

He blew his 1 on 1 chance vs Cardiff, with a shocking first touch then an absolutely dreadful shot. You're way too biased, but you seem blind to realise it despite the fact that it's been pointed out many times before.

I meant being the difference between drawing 1-1 and winning 2-1.

He has failed to make a significant impact in these games when he is needed the most.

You mean scoring the wining goal, the difference is not always the one who scores the goal, like Scholes for the UTD.

-------

On another subject, he keeps that idiotic attitude of laughing at the referees decisions and protest plays that were well whistled. He does not seem to understand that attitude is completely negative in England or anywhere but specially in England. Marcarian (Coach of the Perú NT) expressed that Suarez was immense but he was shocked whith the language he used against the referees. Certainly still a big problem.

On another subject' date=' he keeps that idiotic attitude of laughing at the referees decisions and protest plays that were well whistled. He does not seem to understand that attitude is completely negative in England or anywhere but specially in England. Marcarian (Coach of the Perú NT) expressed that Suarez was immense but he was shocked whith the language he used against the referees. Certainly still a big problem.[/quote']

Now you have me on the Suarez side - I would rather Suarez smiled and laughed at decisions - it's certainly much better than the Rooney running at the referee after every decision, no matter whetheer it has gone for or against United.

He blew his 1 on 1 chance vs Cardiff' date=' with a shocking first touch then an absolutely dreadful shot.[/b'] You're way too biased, but you seem blind to realise it despite the fact that it's been pointed out many times before.

Agreed. The play before he gave a magnificent assist to Adam to shoot on goal that was saved by the keeper. Also he headed a ball that ended up hitting the post and later on Skrtel's goal. Had another one inside the box where with a single move he made 2 defenders pass, shooted and the ball was saved in the line by a Cardiff defender. Also escaped on the left passing a defender and passing the ball to the penalty area for a Carrol that was counting bees. Among with some other plays.

What is your point?

Now you have me on the Suarez side - I would rather Suarez smiled and laughed at decisions - it's certainly much better than the Rooney running at the referee after every decision' date=' no matter whetheer it has gone for or against United.[/quote']

I think that mocking on the referee is worse but of course neither of those behaviours are correct. Still Suarez does both, he sometimes trash talk the referees, sometimes he yells to them and sometimes laugh at them. All idiotic anyways.

Agreed. The play before he gave a magnificent assist to Adam to shoot on goal that was saved by the keeper. Also he headed a ball that ended up hitting the post and later on Skrtel's goal. Had another one inside the box where with a single move he made 2 defenders pass' date=' shooted and the ball was saved in the line by a Cardiff defender. Also escaped on the left passing a defender and passing the ball to the penalty area for a Carrol that was counting bees. Among with some other plays.

What is your point?[/quote']

My point is that you're vastly overrating Suarez and don't seem to realise it. He was poor vs Cardiff, and Cardiff were not that good. You've picked out a few incidents and are putting them across as magnificent bits of play, when they're not.

This is a lost cause though, as no matter what anyone says you will continue to bleat that he's the 3rd best striker in the world.

My point is that you're vastly overrating Suarez and don't seem to realise it. He was poor vs Cardiff' date=' and Cardiff were not that good. You've picked out a few incidents and are putting them across as magnificent bits of play, when they're not.

This is a lost cause though, as no matter what anyone says you will continue to bleat that he's the 3rd best striker in the world.[/quote']

I am not putting some incidents together and making it look like he is magnificent, i agree this was one of his worse games, what im showing you is that despite been a bad game for him he still made an impact on it as in EVERY SINGLE GAME HE PLAYS. Despite been an arrogant with bad attitude no one cant deny his constant winning desire, the fact that he is been booed by the whole crowd and still wants the ball on every single occasion. He does not need to score to make a good game and honestly i give a rats arse about his statistics or scoring ratio. Is that winning hunger combined with his talent that makes him wanted across the world.

I will continue to say it until i stop believing it. Im not saying he is the third best striker im saying that he is part of the top 3, been Messi and Ronaldo on top and sharing the third place with some names like Ibra, RVP, Aguero (this Aguero not the one 6 months ago) and perhaps a few more names.

You think im the only one stating this because this is a forum of English people mostly, but the level of Suarez is recognized everywhere.

I am not putting some incidents together and making it look like he is magnificent' date=' i agree this was one of his worse games, what im showing you is that despite been a bad game for him he still made an impact on it as in EVERY SINGLE GAME HE PLAYS. Despite been an arrogant with bad attitude no one cant deny his constant winning desire, the fact that he is been booed by the whole crowd and still wants the ball on every single occasion. He does not need to score to make a good game and honestly i give a rats arse about his statistics or scoring ratio. Is that winning hunger combined with his talent that makes him wanted across the world.

I will continue to say it until i stop believing it. Im not saying he is the third best striker im saying that he is part of the top 3, been Messi and Ronaldo on top and [b']sharing the third place with some names like Ibra, RVP, Aguero (this Aguero not the one 6 months ago) and perhaps a few more names.[/b]

You think im the only one stating this because this is a forum of English people mostly, but the level of Suarez is recognized everywhere.

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

My point is that you're vastly overrating Suarez and don't seem to realise it. He was poor vs Cardiff' date=' and [b']Cardiff were not that good[/b]. You've picked out a few incidents and are putting them across as magnificent bits of play, when they're not.

This is a lost cause though, as no matter what anyone says you will continue to bleat that he's the 3rd best striker in the world.

They defended brilliantly.

Yawn, Yawn, Yawn

Had a bet with myself the moment we won a trophy I would come on here to see nothing but Mancs talking about Suarez and lo and behold.....

So predictable :P

Whilst Suarez clearly is not the 3rd best striker in the world, he is a top class striker and clearly a lot better than most of you give him credit for....

It wernt his greatest game yesterday but his movement was still top class, the way he picks up pockets of space and can manipulate his way out of tight situations with a bit of trickery is truely world-class. His touch and his fitness is clearly not at the highest level but understandable given his break from competitive action.

By the way he has scored 2 in 3 since he came back despite being off the pace which is not to shabby.

There were players on our side who had much worse games than Suarez and I dont think it takes a footballing mastermind to work out who. Anyway we dont care and no amount of trolling from any Mancs can take away from what is a good achievement, a hard fought route to the final and yet another thriller involving Liverpool in a final....

We dont do boring finals :)

I am not putting some incidents together and making it look like he is magnificent' date=' i agree this was one of his worse games, what im showing you is that despite been a bad game for him he still made an impact on it as in EVERY SINGLE GAME HE PLAYS. Despite been an arrogant with bad attitude no one cant deny his constant winning desire, the fact that he is been booed by the whole crowd and still wants the ball on every single occasion. He does not need to score to make a good game and honestly i give a rats arse about his statistics or scoring ratio. Is that winning hunger combined with his talent that makes him wanted across the world.

I will continue to say it until i stop believing it. Im not saying he is the third best striker im saying that he is part of the top 3, been Messi and Ronaldo on top and sharing the third place with some names like Ibra, RVP, Aguero (this Aguero not the one 6 months ago) and perhaps a few more names.

You think im the only one stating this because this is a forum of English people mostly, but the level of Suarez is recognized everywhere.[/quote']

The job of a striker is to score goals,if he links up play and does the rest it's absouletely fantastic but in essence this season his failed in a weird sort of way,the fact his only got six goals at the stage of the season has cost the side and made them drop vital points,if his that real top class striker in a goal scoring sense then when it's been 0-0 against the Norwich,Swansea or 1-1 vs Blackburn he should step up and score the goal to win them the game,it's what Van Persie and Aguero has done week in and week out,it's what Ibra has done at Milan and what Suarez hasn't done as of yet,once he does he'll be that top class striker and needs to make that finishing a little bit better as his missed to many good chances this year.

Until then he'll always be behind Van Persie,Rooney,Aguero,RVP and Benzema who might not have as good an all round game as Suarez but there far more efficent with how they do it.

The whole Suarez debate makes no sense to me at all and I try and stay away from it as its so pointless.

Now LFC fans this season, and always judge there players on there performances, time and time again if a player hasnt been up to scratch regardless of price tag and ability the fans have been the 1st to say about it (inc myself)

So the fact LFC fans think Suarez has been our most affective player over the last year (since he join basically) says everything, I can understand others not thinking he is in the top 3 in the world or w/e , but for other fans to tell LFC fans how good hes been for our team is just crazy

WE are the ones who watch him for 90mins every single week (when not banned :P ) , we are the ones who see what impact he has on our football team as we are the ones watching it, not just the odd live match and clips on MOTD.

IF he wasn't performing how he was and affecting the team in the way he does due to the lack of goals common sense must tell most of you he would be getting flack from some LFC fans (esp the younger ones) as they seem to jump on players VERY fast.

Now before his ban Suarez made a MASSIVE difference to our side and was our best player by a mile, the amount of chances he creates for the team is unreal.

The other thing that goes unoticed is the amount of space he creates for others, he makes some very clever runs and takes away defenders from our other players, although at this moment in time (like Carroll yesterday) they are well behind Suarez in terms of ability and most of all football intelegence.

It was only a cpl seasons ago the Man Utd fans where saying Rooney isn't about goals (when his record was poor - you can even check there thread history for proof of this and countless Torres Vs Rooney debates) , they put up the argument that he makes loads of runs, creates chances and helps the side... erm HELLO.......

Now all of a sudden "a striker is only about goals" , get a grip lol

I remember in Henry's 1st season in the EPL and he occupied the LM position a lot (even as a ST) , and missed loads of chances and people said he was going to be a failure, even on Sky I think it was Rodney Marsh who made the bet he will NEVER score more than 20 in a season, I'm not saying Suarez will become an all time great like Henry but some of the stuff posted on this thread about him is just stupid to be honest.

When you watch LFC over 90mins every week you can tell apart the very good players but then the ones a step above who have that extra intelegence, touch and all round vision and play, Suarez fits into that bracket.

The whole Suarez debate makes no sense to me at all and I try and stay away from it as its so pointless.

Now LFC fans this season' date=' and always judge there players on there performances, time and time again if a player hasnt been up to scratch regardless of price tag and ability the fans have been the 1st to say about it (inc myself)

So the fact LFC fans think Suarez has been our most affective player over the last year (since he join basically) says everything.

WE are the ones who watch him for 90mins every single week (when not banned :P ) , we are the ones who see what impact he has on our football team as we are the ones watching it, not just the odd live match and clips on MOTD.

IF he wasn't performing how he was and affecting the team in the way he does due to the lack of goals common sense must tell most of you he would be getting flack from some LFC fans (esp the younger ones) as they seem to jump on players VERY fast.

Now before his ban Suarez made a MASSIVE difference to our side and was our best player by a country mile, the amount of chances he creates for the team is unreal.

The other thing that goes unoticed is the amount of space he creates for others, he makes some very clever runs and takes away defenders from our other players, although at this moment in time (like Carroll yesterday) they are well behind Suarez in terms of ability and most of all football intelegence.

It was only a cpl seasons ago the Man Utd fans where saying Rooney isn't about goals (when his record was poor - you can even check there thread history for proof of this and countless Torres Vs Rooney debates) , they put up the argument that he makes loads of runs, creates chances and helps the side... erm HELLO.......

Now all of a sudden "a striker is only about goals" , get a grip lol

I remember in Henry's 1st season in the EPL and he occupied the LM position a lot (even as a ST) , and missed loads of chances and people said he was going to be a failure, even on Sky I think it was Rodney Marsh who made the bet he will NEVER score more than 20 in a season, I'm not saying Suarez will become an all time great like Henry but some of the stuff posted on this thread about him is just stupid to be honest.

When you watch LFC over 90mins every week you can tell apart the very good players but then the ones a step above who have that extra intelegence, touch and all round vision and play, Suarez fits into that bracket.[/quote']

Agree with this. Carroll on the other hand..