ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Suarez running around and making space would be fine if your other players scored goals. As it is, only 5 sides have scored fewer than Liverpool in the Premier League and as Suarez was your lone striker for many games, you rely on him for goals which he hasn't provided. Carroll looked to be getting into a bit more form recently so Suarez may revel more in dropping deeper if he's got someone ahead of him to play off.

Agree with this. Carroll on the other hand..

Carroll is a good example, he cost loads more than Suarez yet you don't see LFC fans trying to defend him, because hes been poor.

I was actually starting to get on board with Carroll the last few games as he was actually trying, although yesterday he drove me nuts a couple of times when he just stood still.

The worse one was when Suarez created a great chance and Carroll just stood on the 18 yard line watching him (no joke just watching) - I was actually screaming at the TV lol , had he actually moved and followed the play he would have had a tap in.

He needs a serious kick up the ...... and talking to by Kenny

Suarez running around and making space would be fine if your other players scored goals. As it is' date=' only 5 sides have scored fewer than Liverpool in the Premier League and as Suarez was your lone striker for many games, you rely on him for goals which he hasn't provided. Carroll looked to be getting into a bit more form recently so Suarez may revel more in dropping deeper if he's got someone ahead of him to play off.[/quote']

Again... that doesn't really mean anything against the Suarez debate I mentioned below, he could have missed a thousand more chances hes still been our best player in terms of ability, movement, creativity and everything else.

Other players not scoring the goals he creates is not his fault.

That's like saying "Beckham is fine putting all those crosses if other players scored them"

It's still Suarez's 1st year in the EPL, hes been our best player since he joined even with his poor record in front of goal.

Yawn' date=' Yawn, Yawn

Had a bet with myself the moment we won a trophy I would come on here to see nothing but Mancs talking about Suarez and lo and behold.....

So predictable :P

[/quote']

The whole Suarez debate makes no sense to me at all and I try and stay away from it as its so pointless.

Ray' date=' If you had actually viewed the initial post which bought about this 'Suarez' debate, then I think you can withdraw the blame you apportion to the 'Mancs';)

I initially posted the following:

Well played and a very enjoyable game yesterday.

Not surprised you let Cardiff back into the game as you seem to give lesser teams a significant chance against yourselves.

A couple of points though.

Juanichtoox (sp) claims Suarez is the 3rd best forward in the world - well he looked completely lost yesterday and if you can still find a club silly enough to pay £20m for him then I would snap their hands off.

Henderson's decision making is similar to Walcott's.

Adam is not used to being a 'small fish' in a big pond but it shows and he looks like a Championship player at times for you.

Skrtel does not get the credit he deserves.

If Downing can play like that against PL opposition then you may well have a decent player hidden in there.

Now there are 6 points made in there, some negative and some positive, coupled with a congratulatory remark.

However the most biased Suarez fan suddenly popped up with his 'Suarez is the 3rd best attacker in the world' remarks, which is obviously going to open himself to ridicule from many others of the forum (not just 'Mancs');).

So, sorry to dissappoint you but unfortunately your presumption that Mancs would be discussing this of our own accord on here are unfounded as it was the majority attempting to try and help Juanchitoox see the light and realise that Suarez is NOT anywhere near the "3rd best attacker in the world";)

Suarez is NOT anywhere near the "3rd best attacker in the world";)

I agree with the above and with just about all of your other post you quoted in there (barring the Suarez comment as that's just daft :rolleyes:), I noticed you quoted me as well but my post doesn't really apply to you :P , if you read it I was reffering to the people who tell LFC fans how good Suarez is "for us" and tell us he hasn't been our most affective player etc due to missed chances or w/e, but hes been our best player by some distance since he joined, in terms of offensive players anyways (offensive in more ways than 1 I guess ;):o).

I agree with the above and with just about all of your other post you quoted in there (barring the Suarez comment as that's just daft)' date=' I noticed you quoted me as well but my post doesn't really apply to you :P , if you read it I was reffering to the people who tell LFC fans how good Suarez is "for us" and tell us he hasn't been our most affective player etc due to missed chances or w/e, but hes been our best player by some distance since he joined, in terms of offensive players anyways (offensive in more ways than 1 I guess ;):o).[/quote']

Fair points. Although I do stand by my comment that if you could get £20m for Suarez now then it may be best for both parties as he could get away from this "evil Great Britain" (Juanichtoox dig there;)) and LFC could look to invest in a striker who would contribute more goals and court less controversy.

But that is just my opinion.

I didn't realise that your post however was intended to the 'others' so to speak. My apologies ;-).

Just wanted to clear up Ray's assumption that we had all come on here for a bit of Suarez bashing.

Fair points. Although I do stand by my comment that if you could get £20m for Suarez now then it may be best for both parties as he could get away from this "evil Great Britain" (Juanichtoox dig there;)) and LFC could look to invest in a striker who would contribute more goals and court less controversy.

But that is just my opinion.

The above just depends if you are judging him mainly on the field or off.

On the field hes been our most creative player, so the above would need changing to "buy another player who has the same intelegence (football that is ;) ) as Suarez and who can put all the chances he creates away, and can use the space he creates for others much better, you should know yourself Rooney is as big a culprat as any for having bad scoring spells, but even when not scoring what they add for the team cant be replaced (and defo not for 20mil)

Suarez has been way better for us than other fans are giving him credit for, hes MUCH better than any other of our offensive players barring Gerrard.

What Suarez has been involved in on the field is very daft, although nothing compared to some other players both past and present so at this moment in time I would not sell him just because of that.

Harry Redknapp is getting the same song sung about him in games as Suarez, does that mean he should leave Spurs? ;)

If somebody was singing to me "you know what you are" , I cant say I would be offended :D

I don't know others views either but even if I got booed in every ground it wouldn't bother me at all as long as my own supporters where behind me.

The job of a striker is to score goals' date='if he links up play and does the rest it's absouletely fantastic but in essence this season his failed in a weird sort of way,the fact his only got six goals at the stage of the season has cost the side and made them drop vital points,if his that real top class striker in a goal scoring sense then when it's been 0-0 against the Norwich,Swansea or 1-1 vs Blackburn he should step up and score the goal to win them the game,it's what Van Persie and Aguero has done week in and week out,it's what Ibra has done at Milan and what Suarez hasn't done as of yet,once he does he'll be that top class striker and needs to make that finishing a little bit better as his missed to many good chances this year.

Until then he'll always be behind Van Persie,Rooney,Aguero,RVP and Benzema who might not have as good an all round game as Suarez but there far more efficent with how they do it.[/quote']

When he does play as a striker and receives assists (like in the NT where Forlán fills that role) he is not behind but at the same level or perhaps ahead of RVP, Rooney, Aguero or Benzema.

You all keep bringing his lack of goals which is certainly poor but you all ignore the fact he is playing more as a midfielder than a forward.

Very easy to spot in the last game against Cardiff. Liverpool pulled his man back to recover the ball and launch the counterattack. When that happened Carroll and Downing or Henderson moved forward waiting for an assist while it was most of the times Suarez commanding the attack or waiting close of the center to start driving the attack. He is supposed to run forward and wait for someone who drives the attack to assist him. First play it was Gerrard doing it with an amazing run that ended up passing the ball to Downing, i thought Gerrard would play in a more advanced position but i guess it was just that play, Gerrard played in the rear as he has been doing and Suarez remained in the position he has been used the major part of the season. When Carroll was substituted for Kuyt i thought that would leave Suarez as the main forward yet he was used the same way.

I repeat what i said a couple of months ago, Liverpool has a brilliant striker who has proved consistent for all the teams he has played so far except Liverpool where he is mispositioned. Liverpool needs a playmaker, a player with good ball control, vision, passing and intelligence to leave Suarez free to receive a pass and put the ball inside. Suarez is not performing bad in this position but certainly Liverpool is not using Suarez at his full. Perhaps that man is Gerrard and once Lucas recovers, him and Adam can take care of recovering balls and leave Gerrard more free to command the offensive, we must agree Liverpool had some pretty bad luck with the injuries.

Just wanted to clear up Ray's assumption that we had all come on here for a bit of Suarez bashing.

I think everyone here knows you dont come here just for some Suarez bashing but for some Liverpool bashing. Suarez is just part of it. :P

The above just depends if you are judging him mainly on the field or off.

On the field hes been our most creative player' date=' so the above would need changing to "buy another player who has the same intelegence (football that is ;) ) as Suarez and who can put all the chances he creates away, and can use the space he creates for others much better, you should know yourself Rooney is as big a culprat as any for having bad scoring spells, but even when not scoring what they add for the team cant be replaced (and defo not for 20mil)

Suarez has been way better for us than other fans are giving him credit for, hes MUCH better than any other of our offensive players barring Gerrard.

What Suarez has been involved in on the field is very daft, although nothing compared to some other players both past and present so at this moment in time I would not sell him just because of that.

Harry Redknapp is getting the same song sung about him in games as Suarez, does that mean he should leave Spurs? ;)

If somebody was singing to me "you know what you are" , I cant say I would be offended :D

I don't know others views either but even if I got booed in every ground it wouldn't bother me at all as long as my own supporters where behind me.[/quote']

What has happened in the past with Suarez has been and gone, although it would be daft to assume that he is going to be an 'angel' so to speak from now on.

Going on purely what is happening on the pitch is where I have been dissappointed in him. His chance/conversion ratio is very poor in comparison to others, and it isn't like he has a shed-load of assists to make up for the fact that he hasn't contributed many goals.

A lot of the draws you have had this season have coincided with games where he has missed some very good chances and if he is to turn into the world class striker that some feel he is/can be, then he will have to start scoring on a regular basis.

On the Rooney point - Rooney can go through dry spells at times I admit, however he has proven himself a goal scorer in the CL and PL over the past 6/7 seasons on an excellent basis. Suarez is yet to prove that he can score or assist regularly in the CL or PL.

Also when Rooney does go through a dry spell we have/have had others who can chip in with goals and ensure we keep picking up maximum points.

LFC do not imo. This is proven by you lot being the worst scorers in the PL bar the bottom 5.

In my lifetime LFC have always had a great goalscorer - be it Rush, Fowler, Owen or even Torres when he had his freak season with you :P.

However at present you do not have anyone capable of breaching the 15 goal a season mark never mind a 20-25 goal a season mark.

And with Carroll being seemingly allowed time due to being 'young', one would expect more from a player who scored plenty in the Eredivisie and also notched a fair few for Uruguay.

That is why cashing in on Suarez and putting the money toward getting a man capable of 15+ goals a season would make sense from my point of view.

That is unless (as Ray pointed out) Suarez continues his 2 in 3 average or thereabouts until the end of the season:o

I think everyone here knows you dont come here just for some Suarez bashing but for some Liverpool bashing. Suarez is just part of it. :P

Believe you me if I wanted to come in here with the intention on 'Liverpool' bashing I would start with "we have 19" rather than the "Well played on your CC victory";):P

Believe you me if I wanted to come in here with the intention on 'Liverpool' bashing I would start with "we have 19" rather than the "Well played on your CC victory";):P

Wouldn't be a smart bashing really... If there is something other fans does not want to talk about is Liverpool history.

What has happened in the past with Suarez has been and gone' date=' although it would be daft to assume that he is going to be an 'angel' so to speak from now on.

Going on purely what is happening on the pitch is where I have been dissappointed in him. His chance/conversion ratio is very poor in comparison to others, and it isn't like he has a shed-load of assists to make up for the fact that he hasn't contributed many goals. [/quote']

His goal ratio is poor, thats the 1 thing people can use against him which is actually valid.

The 2nd point as I already pointed out is not valid, Suarez has created loads of chances for others players who have not converted them, the not converting them argument is being used against Suarez when debating him so how can it all of a sudden be the other way around? that would be like blaming the other players for Suarez missing his chances, it can only be 1 way or the other.

A lot of the draws you have had this season have coincided with games where he has missed some very good chances and if he is to turn into the world class striker that some feel he is/can be' date=' then he will have to start scoring on a regular basis. [/quote']

These games you speak of are the ones we dominated mainly due to what Suarez was doing, I would not say this if it wasn't the case but 90% of the time I watch LFC play we are wayyyyy more affective with him in the side.

When teams come for a 0-0 at Anfeild and we don't have a fit Suarez playing, they have it way easier than the games we have had him.

On the Rooney point - Rooney can go through dry spells at times I admit' date=' however he has proven himself a goal scorer in the CL and PL over the past 6/7 seasons on an excellent basis. Suarez is yet to prove that he can score or assist regularly in the CL or PL. [/quote']

Rooney was born into the EPL for a start and regardless the above never applied to him in his 1st season in the EPL, if Suarez carries on having the displays he has had for us since he joined I will be more than happy.

Also when Rooney does go through a dry spell we have/have had others who can chip in with goals and ensure we keep picking up maximum points.

LFC do not imo. This is proven by you lot being the worst scorers in the PL bar the bottom 5.

Ok so using that logic had Rooney never had better players around him to pull the team through his dry patches' date=' like Suarez he should have been sold off for 20mil? bit harsh but I guess fans are different ;) , its not Suarez's fault hes being relied on in his "1st" yeah in English football, you as a Man Utd fan should know to give foriegn players a bit of time to settle i before seeing the best out of them (that's if I agree he hasnt been great which he has (other than goals)

That is why cashing in on Suarez and putting the money toward getting a man capable of 15+ goals a season would make sense from my point of view.

replace him with who? barring in mind going by your posts above you would have to select someone from England, after all you never know if a player from another league will be able to join the EPL and get everything perfect in his 1st year (goal wise) ;)

His goal ratio is poor' date=' thats the 1 thing people can use against him which is actually valid.

[b']Agree that it is a valid point. I dispute that it is the only one.[/b]

The 2nd point as I already pointed out is not valid, Suarez has created loads of chances for others players who have not converted them, the not converting them argument is being used against Suarez when debating him so how can it all of a sudden be the other way around? that would be like blaming the other players for Suarez missing his chances, it can only be 1 way or the other.

I will give you that. I retract my statement criticising his assists. Possibly too harsh of me.

These games you speak of are the ones we dominated mainly due to what Suarez was doing, I would not say this if it wasn't the case but 90% of the time I watch LFC play we are wayyyyy more affective with him in the side.

Imo that says more about the poor overrall quality of your side rather than how good Suarez is. A player of his 'talent' should have been able to make the difference with a goal or assist, and you will need that to be the case if you are EVER to challenge the top clubs for the PL title.

Fwiw whenever I have seen LFC, Bellamy has always looked the biggest threat.

When teams come for a 0-0 at Anfeild and we don't have a fit Suarez playing, they have it way easier than the games we have had him.

If they get the same result though when Suarez IS playing then it doesn't really matter how they get the point they came for as long as they do. The fact that as you have said the majority of these performances have been some of Suarez's best performances, yet they yield next to no goals and/or assists for said player.

It is all well and good having a player who can create space and drag defenders about etc, but if he carries next to no goal threat then that is one position on the pitch wasted, which could be better used by employing a striker who could score goals there.

Rooney was born into the EPL for a start and regardless the above never applied to him in his 1st season in the EPL, if Suarez carries on having the displays he has had for us since he joined I will be more than happy.

Rooney wasn't an International striker in his first season, nor had he had succesful scoring campaigns in lesser leagues prioir to his PL bow.

Ok so using that logic had Rooney never had better players around him to pull the team through his dry patches, like Suarez he should have been sold off for 20mil? bit harsh but I guess fans are different ;) , its not Suarez's fault hes being relied on in his "1st" yeah in English football, you as a Man Utd fan should know to give foriegn players a bit of time to settle i before seeing the best out of them (that's if I agree he hasnt been great which he has (other than goals)

It is not because he is foreign that I am critisicing him. It is because he has yet to perform at the 'top' level (a top domestic league OR the CL for example) and folk think that he has easily made the step up.

Kezman was a beast and knocked in a few Intl goals but his scoring record ended on a par with Suarez (as of now).

It is all well and good having a striker who scores against Intl opposition and can tear up lesser leagues - but if he cannot score regularly in the PL or CL/EL then your goal threat is ultimately nitto at present, and until Carroll starts scoring then it may hinder you in the future unless it is addressed.

replace him with who? barring in mind going by your posts above you would have to select someone from England, after all you never know if a player from another league will be able to join the EPL and get everything perfect in his 1st year (goal wise) ;)

And for a striker I would replace him with, one who has proven himself at the highest level (top domestic league and/or CL/EL) I would look at the following for GOALS:

Rossi

Llorrente

Soldado

DeFoe

Lewandowski

Sturridge

Gomis

They, imo, would be more fruitful in front of goal than Suarez and would cost around £15-25m.

And for a striker I would replace him with' date=' one who has proven himself at the highest level (top domestic league and/or CL/EL) I would look at the following for GOALS:

Rossi

Llorrente

Soldado

DeFoe

Lewandowski

Sturridge

Gomis

They, imo, would be more fruitful in front of goal than Suarez and would cost around £15-25m.[/quote']

Even If I agreed with your other points (which I don't for most) , I still can't see the logic in what you are suggesting it makes no sense.

So sell our current best player who has outshone all our other players and is currently the most creative player we have to buy a goal scorer because

1 - hes not putting most his chances away

2 - other players are not using the space he creates or putting in the chances he creates.

I already said in my post when Suarez doesnt play we create VERY little.. so what would be the point in buying most of the above strikers? Suarez IS the one doing the creating

Why not buy one of the above and stick him up to to put in the chances Suarez creates? using Suarez to do what he has been doing which HAS been excellent for Liverpool.

Again I will point to the fact of having watched the guy in just about every minute he has played for LFC I can safely say he would be very much missed, the same can't be said for a few others players.

Selling him just makes no sense what so ever even using all your negatives he still comes out on top Vs other players we have.

The other thing I dont quite understand, you praised Downing in your post and said if he can do that in the EPL he could be a very good player for us.

Suarez HAS been doing that since he joined but far, far, far better.

Downing has 0 goals to his name as well and currently doesnt look like he could hit a barn door.

I know Suarez has been playing as a striker (sometimes) but he hardly stays in that position, Downing as also missed VERY good chances when hes had them.

I think people's dislike for Suarez certainly clouds there judgement as most of this like I said in my 1st post on the subject, just makes no sense what so ever

Ray' date=' If you had actually viewed the initial post which bought about this 'Suarez' debate, then I think you can withdraw the blame you apportion to the 'Mancs';)

I initially posted the following:

Now there are 6 points made in there, some negative and some positive, coupled with a congratulatory remark.

However the most biased Suarez fan suddenly popped up with his 'Suarez is the 3rd best attacker in the world' remarks, which is obviously going to open himself to ridicule from many others of the forum (not just 'Mancs');).

So, sorry to dissappoint you but unfortunately your presumption that Mancs would be discussing this of our own accord on here are unfounded as it was the majority attempting to try and help Juanchitoox see the light and realise that Suarez is NOT anywhere near the "3rd best attacker in the world";)[/quote']

So you fanned the flames...take responsibility man, you know it would incite and as we all know inciting others is wrong, very very wrong :)

As for the "debate" yes it is clear that Suarez is not the 3rd best striker in the world, but I dont really feel I need to contribute much more Neller has put everything quite nicely. Anybody who has watched Suarez since he has joined Liverpool knows just how good he has been for this side. As discussed beforehand his movement, ability to find pockets of space, game intelligence, chance creation (probably better than nearly anybody in the League) have been phenomenal. His goalscoring record aint been Fantastic but neither has it been bad either.

The whole whats the point of creating all these chances played about is absolute rubbish. Suarez cant be held accountable for the fact that others are not as good or able to finish off all the good work he has done, he is culpable for his own misses nobody else's. It is not Suarez's sole responsibility to score goals everybody has to contribute and the contributions of players such as Carroll, Downing, Kuyt, Henderson his chief support in attack this season have not been good enough.

It is like the argument Somebody was making what is the point of Downing putting in great crosses if Carroll or whoever misses them.....what kind of logic is that :confused: Oh I know what they might miss the chances I create so I shouldnt bother creating them anymore :o

What people seem to forget is that compared to all the other top sides in the country he does not get the supply line that a side such as Arsenal, Tottenham and dare I say the 2 Manc clubs receive, he has to create a lot of his chances for himself. If he was in any of those sides he would be a 20+ a season man without question in my mind.

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS NOT SUAREZ IT IS THE SUPPLY LINE AROUND HIM WHICH HAS NOT BEEN GOOD ENOUGH.

Look at the contributions of goals from the midfield of the other top sides and then look at ours.....

Suarez scoring record aint as good as we might hope, but neither is it awful plus of all those players mentioned none of them are as good as Suarez as an all round player, whether they would score more or not is debateable given the same supply line and then take Suarez out of the equation and there really is a lack of creativity in the side.

Suarez needs a top line partner...he dont need replacing. he might not be a top clas goalscorer in the mould of a rush, fowler but he is a top-class player, it is the supporting cast, he is one of only arguably three-truely top, top class players at the club.

Also the never doing it at the top level lark dont ring true, look at his international performances and displays. Anybody who could be critical of his contribution in this sphere really is clutching at straws.

By the way £20m you're having a giraffe :P Suarez would fetch much more than that.

His goal ratio is poor' date=' thats the 1 thing people can use against him which is actually valid.

Ok so using that logic had Rooney never had better players around him to pull the team through his dry patches, like Suarez he should have been sold off for 20mil? bit harsh but I guess fans are different ;) , its not Suarez's fault hes being relied on in his "1st" yeah in English football, you as a Man Utd fan should know to give foriegn players a bit of time to settle i before seeing the best out of them (that's if I agree he hasnt been great which he has (other than goals)

replace him with who? barring in mind going by your posts above you would have to select someone from England, after all you never know if a player from another league will be able to join the EPL and get everything perfect in his 1st year (goal wise) ;)[/quote']

The thing is that what you manage to defend here is that Suarez is a good forward. I don't deny that and most of the other do not either. But the claim to be defended was "Suarez is the 3rd best striker of the world", which is not yet provided by your argument. The two best pretty unarguably are Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, who are cases apart, players who are amongst the best of all time and have changed football by their play. Thus there really only is competition open for that third place, and the claim is just as bold as to claim that he would be the best striker of the world, the two first spots being out of competition. Arguments that he "makes space", "creates plays" or "drags defenders" are good for a useful forward, but they are plainly not enough to back up that he would be the world top striker, because there are others who do that as well and on the top of that are also prolific scorers against top opponents. At least RVP, Benzema, Gomez, Ibrahimovic, Agüero, Rooney and Soldado are ahead of Suarez easily, but I could list you a ten more who arguably are so, any time of day.

The thing is that what you manage to defend here is that Suarez is a good forward. I don't deny that and most of the other do not either. But the claim to be defended was "Suarez is the 3rd best striker of the world"' date=' which is not yet provided by your argument. The two best pretty unarguably are Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, who are cases apart, players who are amongst the best of all time and have changed football by their play. Thus there really only is competition open for that third place, and the claim is just as bold as to claim that he would be the best striker of the world, the two first spots being out of competition. Arguments that he "makes space", "creates plays" or "drags defenders" are good for a useful forward, but they are plainly not enough to back up that he would be the world top striker, because there are others who do that as well and on the top of that are also prolific scorers against top opponents. At least RVP, Benzema, Gomez, Ibrahimovic, Agüero, Rooney and Soldado are ahead of Suarez easily, but I could list you a ten more who arguably are so, any time of day.[/quote']

But I have not argued or debated that at all.

I'm debating against people saying Suarez hasnt been our best player or people saying we should sell him.

It's all good and well saying some of those names are better than Suarez but they are not playing for LFC and more likely never will be.

Suarez if we are saying should be sold should be compared to Caroll, Downing, Bellamy, Kuyt etc etc

If we was to bring somebody in, why replace out current best player with him instead of partner him?

The thing is that what you manage to defend here is that Suarez is a good forward. I don't deny that and most of the other do not either. But the claim to be defended was "Suarez is the 3rd best striker of the world"' date=' which is not yet provided by your argument. The two best pretty unarguably are Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, who are cases apart, players who are amongst the best of all time and have changed football by their play. Thus there really only is competition open for that third place, and the claim is just as bold as to claim that he would be the best striker of the world, the two first spots being out of competition. Arguments that he "makes space", "creates plays" or "drags defenders" are good for a useful forward, but they are plainly not enough to back up that he would be the world top striker, because there are others who do that as well and on the top of that are also prolific scorers against top opponents. At least RVP, Benzema, Gomez, Ibrahimovic, Agüero, Rooney and Soldado are ahead of Suarez easily, but I could list you a ten more who arguably are so, any time of day.[/quote']

Your post would be relevant but neither myself, nor neller have ever tried to say Suarez is the 3rd best striker in the world.....all we are doing is stating our case (very valid one it is to) that Suarez is an extremely talented player.

For the 3rd best in the world Im afraid our friend from Urugary will have to do his own case :)

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS NOT SUAREZ IT IS THE SUPPLY LINE AROUND HIM WHICH HAS NOT BEEN GOOD ENOUGH.

Look at the contributions of goals from the midfield of the other top sides and then look at ours.....

Suarez, however, has contributed to 9 of the 29 goals by Liverpool in EPL this season. That means he has been directly involved in almost 30% of your goals (and scored just over 20% of them). Which is not awful, but considering that Van Persie, for example, has SCORED 43% of Arsenal's goals (Rooney has also scored 28% of his teams goals, Ba 47%, Agüero who plays in a team with 3 top strikers has scored 24%), the argument from "better contribution from midfield" is statistically invalid. I agree that your team is uncompetitive, but you cannot, from that, conclude that Suarez is a world top 3 striker.

I'm debating against people saying Suarez hasnt been our best player or people saying we should sell him.

Has somebody claimed that? I think everybody agrees he is your no. 1 attacking player, the point being just that it doesn't yet make him very good since your other players are really not top of the world either.