Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

It's all good and well saying some of those names are better than Suarez but they are not playing for LFC and more likely never will be.

Just above somebody said that if playing not in Liverpool, Suarez would be at level with or better than Rooney, RVP, Benzema and others. With which I strongly disagree.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Suarez' date=' however, has contributed to 9 of the 29 goals by Liverpool in EPL this season. That means he has been directly involved in almost 30% of your goals (and scored just over 20% of them). Which is not awful, but considering that Van Persie, for example, has SCORED 43% of Arsenal's goals (Rooney has also scored 28% of his teams goals, Ba 47%, Agüero who plays in a team with 3 top strikers has scored 24%), the argument from "better contribution from midfield" is statistically invalid. I agree that your team is uncompetitive, but you cannot, from that, conclude that Suarez is a world top 3 striker.[/quote']

How many times :mad:

I have never said Suarez is in the world's top 3 strikers....

Also if you included Cup games in the little statistical analysis of yours, Im pretty sure you would find that percentage figure would be a lot higher.

Plus your statistical analysis is somewhat flawed and hypocritical if you read your own post.....a striker is reliant on service, if chances are not created then you do not score.....the main source of chances in any team is usually in midfield.....simples

If you dont rate him, so be it...we do and that's all that matters, as stated before we atch every minute of our side's games we know just how much he brings to the side

Just above somebody said that if playing not in Liverpool' date=' Suarez would be at level with or better than Rooney, RVP, Benzema and others. With which I strongly disagree.[/quote']

If Suarez was in a different team to ours currently, a team like Man Utd / Madrid, he would be way more affective for obvious reasons, although I'm not saying he would be on anybody level as its impossible to know, just like throwing any of your mentioned players into our non creative LFC side, Ibra for example in our current side would not be able to add anything more than Suarez has (which regardless what other fans think has been A LOT)

Has somebody claimed that? I think everybody agrees he is your no. 1 attacking player' date=' the point being just that it doesn't yet make him very good since your other players are really not top of the world either.[/quote']

Yeah somebody did, but my 1st post earlier was against people saying Suarez is not Liverpools best player, then my posts after that was debating he should be sold and replaced with a goal scorer, which would be pointless.

Liverpool need to add more players in Suarez's class, not replace him as we have nobody bar Gerrard (getting on) near his level of all the attributes listed.

If Suarez was in a different team to ours currently' date=' a team like Man Utd / Madrid, he would be way more affective for obvious reasons, although I'm not saying he would be on anybody level as its impossible to know, just like throwing any of your mentioned players into our non creative LFC side, Ibra for example in our current side would not be able to add anything more than Suarez has (which regardless what other fans think has been A LOT)

Yeah somebody did, but my 1st post earlier was against people saying Suarez is not Liverpools best player, then my posts after that was debating he should be sold and replaced with a goal scorer, which would be pointless.

Liverpool need to add more players in Suarez's class, not replace him as we have nobody bar Gerrard (getting on) near his level of all the attributes listed.[/quote']

I think we are having here a sort of heated non-debate.

Have there been new developments with Hazard? Just signed into another forum to a message saying "If Eden Hazard joins liverpool his agent has failed him." And DC said after the game on Sunday that "he knows that big players want to join the project at Liverpool"

Am i just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 7? :D

Have there been new developments with Hazard? Just signed into another forum to a message saying "If Eden Hazard joins liverpool his agent has failed him." And DC said after the game on Sunday that "he knows that big players want to join the project at Liverpool"

Am i just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 7? :D

He's not joining. The only time he would join was if we was in CL anyway.

This is what i've read...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-are-lining-up-summer-spending-spree-Javi-Martinez-Barcelona-Seydou-Keita-Lille-Eden-Hazard-article871880.html

However i've heard that Spurs were the ones about to hire him but who knows...

From quotes I read a few weeks ago it looked almost certain he was joining Spurs

It aint certain he will join Spurs' date=' if barca or madrid come in for him he will be off there like a shot I would imagine....the only thing for certain is he wont be joining us!![/quote']

He's explicity said he want's first team football. Unless Barca/Madrid can guarantee him that he'll be going to a team that can. Hopefully us :D Wouldn't surprise me if he went spurs, he seemed keen in his interviews.

Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

I wouldn't say that Hazard for Liverpool should be 100% discarded. While its true that its almost sure that Liverpool wont be seen in the next year's UCL, the Reds are one of the biggest clubs in England (if not the bigger) historically with a solid amount of fans that back it up and one of the biggest in the world.

He could be easily talked to join the club and be part of this new project but indeed its very unlikely to happen.

Re: Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

I wouldn't say that Hazard for Liverpool should be 100% discarded. While its true that its almost sure that Liverpool wont be seen in the next year's UCL' date=' the Reds are one of the biggest clubs in England (if not the bigger) historically with a solid amount of fans that back it up and one of the biggest in the world.

He could be easily talked to join the club and be part of this new project but indeed its very unlikely to happen.[/quote']

Well, what he says is that he wants to PLAY CL FOOTBALL. It implies two things: 1. starting matches; 2. club being in CL. I believe the first would happen in Pool, the second not, and unsurprisingly, he has not mentioned Pool when he has talked about English clubs.

I still feel that if Chelsea could make it to CL, it would be Chelsea where he goes (for the rebuilding reason). But I no longer believe Chelsea makes it. Then again, Hazard doesn't need to gamble. He can focus to Lille now and wait to see which teams actually make it to CL before listing the clubs where he'd like to go.

I wouldn't get your hopes up with Hazard. He said he wants to join a team that plays attractive football. That rules Liverpool out completely.

You guys hardly set the world alight anymore mate lol , must be bad knowing he would easily pick Spurs over you guys now.

Not to mention if he costs over 10mil you wouldn't buy him, and add to the fact he knows you guys are on the way down, not up (until you start rebuilding anyway).

If anything you will lose more players this summer not gain them :)

I dont think he will join LFC either, but neither do I think he will go to Arsenal (not that they will pay his fee anyway)

Good stuff on the Liverpool players who went out of their way to congratulate/console the Cardiff players. Great stuff.

I hate rumours, and I don't belive any rumours of Hazard joining Liverpool. Or of any English team. I believe he will stay in France, either at his home club or PSG. I'd love for him to join Liverpool. I believe that he has been watching for the best available team of this season, that could be an English team. That was last season, and the top 2 have proved well with wide players. But it is more than likely (in my opinion) that it will be PSG.

I wouldn't get your hopes up with Hazard. He said he wants to join a team that plays attractive football. That rules Liverpool out completely.

True

Wish we could play such nice attractive football that sees us get smashed by nearly every biggish side we play 8-2, 4-0 etc...

Blimey all the same those goons one half decent display and suddenly start shouting like you are all cured LOL

Your season has been a DISASTER if you dont get 4th. You keep harping on about your "glorious attractive" football we will just keep counting up the years of underachievement at Arsenal, no good playing all this "attractive" football that wins ABSOLUTELY NOTHING....and quite frankly you aint half the team you used to be.

See we accept we arent where we want to be and know the reasons why, where as the Arsenal thread is the funniest thing on this forum..your fans change your opinion on Wenger, the team etc etc on a daily basis