ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

True

Wish we could play such nice attractive football that sees us get smashed by nearly every biggish side we play 8-2' date=' 4-0 etc...

Blimey all the same those goons one half decent display and suddenly start shouting like you are all cured LOL

Your season has been a DISASTER if you dont get 4th. You keep harping on about your "glorious attractive" football we will just keep counting up the years of underachievement at Arsenal, no good playing all this "attractive" football that wins ABSOLUTELY NOTHING....and quite frankly you aint half the team you used to be.

See we accept we arent where we want to be and know the reasons why, where as the Arsenal thread is the funniest thing on this forum..your fans change your opinion on Wenger, the team etc etc on a daily basis[/quote']

Yes, finishing outside the top 4 would be bad but that's because we still have expectations unlike other teams.

I've never once said we play glorious football. In fact, i've always stated that our football is over rated. However, at least it doesn't send me to sleep. Years of under achievement? Look at your club man! 5 European Cups to Arsenal's 0, 19 to 12 League titles. Liverpool are the bigger club yet you've being doing far worse then us and without the new stadium. If we ain't half the team we used to be, i don't know what that makes Liverpool.

At least on Sunday we showed we're still capable of ripping teams apart. I bet you'd kill to watch Liverpool play like that. We question the way our club is run because we expect. You're tolerating mediocrity because the club's managed by a legend. I don't think Arsenal fans are quite as naive, at least the older ones.

That rules out Arsenal these days as well doesn't it?

See the above post. Liverpool are completely incapable of the type of performances we put in against Chelsea, Tottenham and Blackburn.

Yes' date=' finishing outside the top 4 would be bad but that's because we still have expectations unlike other teams.

I've never once said we play glorious football. In fact, i've always stated that our football is over rated. However, at least it doesn't send me to sleep. Years of under achievement? Look at your club man! 5 European Cups to Arsenal's 0, 19 to 12 League titles. Liverpool are the bigger club yet you've being doing far worse then us and without the new stadium. If we ain't half the team we used to be, i don't know what that makes Liverpool.

At least on Sunday we showed we're still capable of ripping teams apart. I bet you'd kill to watch Liverpool play like that. We question the way our club is run because we expect. You're tolerating mediocrity because the club's managed by a legend. I don't think Arsenal fans are quite as naive, at least the older ones.

See the above post. Liverpool are completely incapable of the type of performances we put in against Chelsea, Tottenham and Blackburn.[/quote']

If we ain't half the team we used to be, i don't know what that makes Liverpool.

we are the same liverpool as we have seen the last few seasons, your a club that has fallen hard. if we had titles under our belts, Premier league titles that is, we would be half the club we used to be. LFC are and have been a top 4 side a majority of the past few seasons, and we have underachieved this last season and now.but, for us finishing outside the top 4 is not a disaster, unlike arsenal who have come to expect a CL place every season.

See the above post. Liverpool are completely incapable of the type of performances we put in against Chelsea, Tottenham and Blackburn

but you dont see us putting in performances like yours that see you beaten 8-2, 4-0 and firstly gubbed by Blackburn dont forget...Ignore the Spurs game, your on a shocking run, Milan and both Sunderland games you were appalling.

fancy us to nick it. defensively we will be too strong for you, will pan out just like the first meeting this season.

Any Liverpool fan got a view on Suarez diving or are you avoiding it?

in that instance, 9.5 out of 10 prem players would have gone over in that situation. the keeper commited himself and suarez did what had to be done....didnt matter in the end though did it..

in that instance' date=' 9.5 out of 10 prem players would have gone over in that situation. the keeper commited himself and suarez did what had to be done....didnt matter in the end though did it..[/quote']

It was clearly a foul. Szczesny didn't take the ball and Suarez may or may not have been touched but as you say, the keeper committed.

What disgusts me is the rolling round, face of agony, peeling off the sock, checking under the shin-pad, etc. when he at most got clipped on the foot. I have no doubt he was trying to get further punishment for Szczesny.

It was clearly a foul. Szczesny didn't take the ball and Suarez may or may not have been touched but as you say' date=' the keeper committed.

What disgusts me is the rolling round, face of agony, peeling off the sock, checking under the shin-pad, etc. when he at most got clipped on the foot. I have no doubt he was trying to get further punishment for Szczesny.[/quote']

Was there even that much contact? Chesney withdrew his foot.

Was there even that much contact? Chesney withdrew his foot.

I don't think he was touched at all but I can definitely see why it was given and to be fair, 90% of players would go down there. It's the writhing round in agony that bugs me.

It was clearly a foul. Szczesny didn't take the ball and Suarez may or may not have been touched but as you say' date=' the keeper committed.

What disgusts me is the rolling round, face of agony, peeling off the sock, checking under the shin-pad, etc. when he at most got clipped on the foot. I have no doubt he was trying to get further punishment for Szczesny.[/quote']

I just wish he'd slotted it into the far bottom corner.

I don't think he was touched at all but I can definitely see why it was given and to be fair' date=' 90% of players would go down there. It's the writhing round in agony that bugs me.[/quote']

If I'm honest I can't see Welbeck, Rooney or Hernandez going down. I also can't see Carroll or Bellamy doing it. Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko wouldn't go down with that much contact IMO.

I just wish he'd slotted it into the far bottom corner.

Great move that. Insipid finish though.

If I'm honest I can't see Welbeck' date=' Rooney or Hernandez going down. I also can't see Carroll or Bellamy doing it. Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko wouldn't go down with that much contact IMO.[/quote']

You've got to be kidding. Suarez had no hope of getting the ball and a goalkeeper making a challenge in front of him to simply topple over. Most players would go down there. However, most would be happy with the penalty...