Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I disagree. Rooney's not lead his team as much and you can argue Liverpool's CL win (with Gerrard integral) equals Lampard's league wins (again as part of a much better team).

Individually' date=' I'd certainly give it to Gerrard.[/quote']

Winning a Champions League with that Liverpool team in 2005 beats anything that Lampard and Rooney have done.

I would counter with the fact that it is easier to stand out with poor players around you.

Don't get me wrong, Gerrard is a legend who will surely go down as one of the greats. But Rooney and Lampard have shone in teams with MUCH better individuals, whilst regularly winning the 'top' trophies.

If Gerrard had made a significant impact on the England team, more than Lampard or Rooney, then one could argue. However they have all has 'similar' careers with the NT which is why I personally would plump for Fat Frank being the 'best English player of the last 10-15 years'.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Lampard or Rooney would due to the amount of success they have led their clubs to in that time.

I would say that the whole "pound, per punch" thing would apply here, and would be apt to a team that has seen success, and none for large parts, with a player who has been doing the business with a team who have not been doing that business for quite some time.

What I should have put in is, "Is Gerrard the best English player of the last 15 years, having done so by mostly carrying the team on his shoulders to boot."

Or if you like, a question, "which English player has been the best over the course of the last 15 years where they single handedly lift their team to victories in important games being the best qualifier?"

Or who has has the best Le Tissier factor? He who I would cont among the best English players of the 90's. :)

Good performance tonight' date='[b']shame on Hendo for being subbed,he is just brilliant like everybody[/b]. Carroll is quiet good playing as second striker just behind Suarez,he show composure and great ball control skill. :D

Are you sure? I personally thought he was the worst Liverpool player on the pitch and did nothing of note except for the lead-up to the 2nd goal.....He broke down/wasted all the good opportunities Liverpool had.:confused:

Bud' date=' slightly off-topic but you do realise that Brian Clough [b']died[/b] 8 years ago right?

A LOT has changed since then;)

No I didn't know , thanks for letting me know :rolleyes:. If you had something to contribute to the discussion, you should have done so. If you have a problem with anything related to my posts/sig/avatar just pm me .

No I didn't know ' date=' thanks for letting me know :rolleyes:. If you had something to contribute to the discussion, you should have done so. If you have a problem with anything related to my posts/sig/avatar just pm me .[/quote']

Well I just saw it a bit ironic as you lot accuse Spurs fan's of 'living in the past':rolleyes:

And I guess 'living in the past' is on topic in this thread;)

Anyway back to the 'present':

Liverpool have a, what looks to be on paper, very favourable last 10 games in the season. Athough the difference between you and 4th place is 10 points, do you lot feel that you could mount a realistic challenge for it still?

Are you sure? I personally thought he was the worst Liverpool player on the pitch and did nothing of note except for the lead-up to the 2nd goal.....He broke down/wasted all the good opportunities Liverpool had.:confused:

Yeah,to compared with all his game in Liverpool shirt up till now. Last night is probably better. :)

Maybe I'm to exaggerate with my earlier statement,but I'm sure I saw improvement in his game last night. :P

Good performance tonight' date='shame on Hendo for being subbed,he is just brilliant like everybody. Carroll is quiet good playing as second striker just behind Suarez,he show composure and great ball control skill. :D

*Liverpool play way better without Adam.[/quote']

I thought Henderson was awful yesterday once again, the only he did of note was the ball for Suarez in the second goal but Suarez was the one who made it in to a goalscoring chance. Henderson broke down a lot of attacking moves for Liverpool and was definatly the worst Liverpool player on the pitch.

I thought Henderson was awful yesterday once again' date=' the only he did of note was the ball for Suarez in the second goal but Suarez was the one who made it in to a goalscoring chance. Henderson broke down a lot of attacking moves for Liverpool and was definatly the worst Liverpool player on the pitch.[/quote']

I think you basically just rephrased what i said:p

That said, he is still a waste of money and waste of space to me.....B)

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

Yeah.

Unfortunately they lost all respect from myself and a lot of others due to their Suarez stance;)

I believe Suarez behaviour isn't right especially in his full first season in the best League in the world, but he is a very good player.

Anyway, i said i still respect Liverpool as i think the Gerrard is one of the best players i have seen and he is a true captain, and that game of course, one of the best games i have seen. For me this game and this player not only represent Liverpool, but Football too :)

I believe Suarez behaviour isn't right especially in his full first season in the best League in the world' date=' but he is a very good player.

Anyway, i said i still respect Liverpool as i think the Gerrard is one of the best players i have seen and he is a true captain, and that game of course, one of the best games i have seen. For me this game and this player not only represent Liverpool, but Football too :)[/quote']

I agree that Gerrard is certainly the 'Le Tissier' of his era. An exceptional talent who will always be regarded as a legend in Liverpool (Chelsea transfer request aside ;-) )

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

I agree that Gerrard is certainly the 'Le Tissier' of his era. An exceptional talent who will always be regarded as a legend in Liverpool (Chelsea transfer request aside ;-) )

does chelsea want Gerrard?

does chelsea want Gerrard?

They did in 2005. He put in a transfer request to get a move.

24 hours later he was visited by a notorious scouse gangster who politely told him he wouldn't EVER be playing football again if he left the club.

Gerrard withdraws transfer request.

Gerrard declares intention to win the PL with Pool and NEVER leave the club.

Gangster is happy:p