ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

5zB9-8Civ8Q

:D:D Brilliant, okay the defeat was pretty shocking, but his introduction made it bareable, also i don't know how legit this quote is, but apparently Kenny said after the game that he was 'forced' to put him on the pitch, and that its 'not the best way to manage youngsters'.

Ok, letting them decay in the reserves is :rolleyes:

5zB9-8Civ8Q

:D:D Brilliant' date=' okay the defeat was pretty shocking, but his introduction made it bareable, also i don't know how legit this quote is, but apparently Kenny said after the game that he was 'forced' to put him on the pitch, and that its 'not the best way to manage youngsters'.

Ok, letting them decay in the reserves is :rolleyes:[/quote']

I read some story in the gossip column on Friday saying he was disillusioned with lack of first team opportunities.

It was in the Mirror though so I never gave it much thought but I was surprised to see him coming on against Wigan.

Highly rated Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling, 17, could quit in the summer over frustration at a lack of first-team opportunities, with his mum wanting him to return to his native London, where Tottenham are watching events.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-transfer-gossip-Raheem-Sterling-could-quit-in-summer-over-lack-of-first-team-chances-Spurs-are-watching-situation-article881866.html

Havent seen the game (only those highlights of Sterling) so dont lynch me if I say something obvious.

Looking at the starting XI I think Kenny underestimated Wigan. Unless he was injured or tired, I think Kelly should have started instead of Flanagan. Flanagan may have performed well in his first few games but he's quite clearly 3rd choice right-back atm. Also, Carroll isnt going to improve if he doesnt get a consistent run of games. Liverpool are not going to qualify for Europe through league placement, they are already in the Europa League through the Carling Cup. Now would be a great time to give Carroll games to build up his confidence, and to integrate some youngsters into the first team (like Robinson and Flanagan last season.) It's a shocking stat that the last striker to debut for the first team was Neil Mellor, and before that Michael Owen. I've watched some of the more recent reserve games and the stand-out players were Sterling, Adorjan, Suso, Coady and Morgan. I would either give Sterling a start or bring on one of these guys from the bench against Aston Villa, who are in a rotten bit of form.

Also (think its been mentioned) I hope Dani Pacheco gets his chance soon, otherwise I think he will be lost to a Spanish club. Unless there is some internal issues, I cant see why he hasnt made the breakthrough already. Rayo I think was a bad move for him, he would have got more first-team football elsewhere.

My two cents.

Havent seen the game (only those highlights of Sterling) so dont lynch me if I say something obvious.

Looking at the starting XI I think Kenny underestimated Wigan. Unless he was injured or tired' date=' I think Kelly should have started instead of Flanagan[/b']. Flanagan may have performed well in his first few games but he's quite clearly 3rd choice right-back atm. Also, Carroll isnt going to improve if he doesnt get a consistent run of games. Liverpool are not going to qualify for Europe through league placement, they are already in the Europa League through the Carling Cup. Now would be a great time to give Carroll games to build up his confidence, and to integrate some youngsters into the first team (like Robinson and Flanagan last season.) It's a shocking stat that the last striker to debut for the first team was Neil Mellor, and before that Michael Owen. I've watched some of the more recent reserve games and the stand-out players were Sterling, Adorjan, Suso, Coady and Morgan. I would either give Sterling a start or bring on one of these guys from the bench against Aston Villa, who are in a rotten bit of form.

My two cents.

Kelly was injured (or so I heard from the commentator). Flanagan was pretty decent though except that (If I remember correctly) his weak pass back to another defender during a free kick got intercepted and around 5-10 seconds later, Skrtel conceded that penalty kick.

5zB9-8Civ8Q

:D:D Brilliant' date=' okay the defeat was pretty shocking, but his introduction made it bareable, also i don't know how legit this quote is, but apparently Kenny said after the game that he was 'forced' to put him on the pitch, and that its 'not the best way to manage youngsters'.

Ok, letting them decay in the reserves is :rolleyes:[/quote']

I like him a lot, looks like a real talent. He is exciting, skillful and quick. These are three things Liverpool don't have. He should start to play more often, the comments from Dalglish are just plain wrong. "Not the best way to manage youngsters". So he's saying Sterling shouldn't play because of his age? I've heard a number of times the phrase if you're good enough your old enough. Surely that applies here? Not saying he should be a regular starter but should be given more game time, hopefully he will now.

I hope he stays at Liverpool and doesn't go to a London side. Even if it was Arsenal :P. Liverpool's the perfect team for him if he plays. He is the only real quick winger they have so offers something no one else in the team has. He will stand out more at Liverpool.

I read some story in the gossip column on Friday saying he was disillusioned with lack of first team opportunities.

It was in the Mirror though so I never gave it much thought but I was surprised to see him coming on against Wigan.

Highly rated Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling' date=' 17, could quit in the summer over frustration at a lack of first-team opportunities, with his mum wanting him to return to his native London, where Tottenham are watching events.[/b']

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-transfer-gossip-Raheem-Sterling-could-quit-in-summer-over-lack-of-first-team-chances-Spurs-are-watching-situation-article881866.html

Yeah seen that also, apparently his mum wants him to come back to London.

I like him a lot' date=' looks like a real talent. He is exciting, skillful and quick. These are three things Liverpool don't have. He should start to play more often, the comments from Dalglish are just plain wrong. "Not the best way to manage youngsters". So he's saying Sterling shouldn't play because of his age? I've heard a number of times the phrase if you're good enough your old enough. Surely that applies here? Not saying he should be a regular starter but should be given more game time, hopefully he will now.

I hope he stays at Liverpool and doesn't go to a London side. Even if it was Arsenal :P. Liverpool's the perfect team for him if he plays. He is the only real quick winger they have so offers something no one else in the team has. He will stand out more at Liverpool.[/quote']

What he has about him is swagger, confidence, that look in his eye, which is enough to strike fear in to fulbacks, would like to more of him please kenny :)

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/25/2991088/we-are-not-going-to-destroy-the-kids-dalglish-warns-against-high-

Reading this just shows how Old Fashioned he is, it isn't going to help us in the long run, We have some fantastic youths who did brilliant in the next gen, but why bother if he won't bring them up to the main squad. Who was the last youth to break through our squad and stay there long term? Owen? Gerrard? Carragher?

If Raheem leaves because of lack of first team opportunities I don't think I could forgive Kenny, he's ridiculously talented and putting him in the first team won't destroy him, look at Chamberlain, I would say that Sterling is much more talented than Chamberlain, if he gets gently put in, a few sub appearances and a couple of first team starts before the season ends and he should settle fine.

I don't think any Liverpool fan would mind drawing or losing if our youths were given the chances they needed.

We've had a few generations of youths who haven't had a chance to get into the first team. United, Arsenal, and even City have brought youths in. Only other team who does what we do is Chelsea but our youth system is so much better and so much more advanced than what theres is and it's arguably the best youth network system in the premier league.

Jonjo proved he could play in a first team, he had a fantastic yet short loan spell at Blackpool, so why did he bring him back when Lucas got injured yet not even play him.

He need's to sort it out. It's not good for us in the long run and if Sterling leaves in the summer then Dalglish needs shooting.

When Liverpool stop bumming Suarez you might get better, the best football and results you've had all year was when he was our for 9 games.

All he does is break up play and miss oppertunities, and yes score the occasional good goal, but the negatives outweigh the positives

When Liverpool stop bumming Suarez you might get better' date=' the best football and results you've had all year was when he was our for 9 games.

All he does is break up play and miss oppertunities, and yes score the occasional good goal, but the negatives outweigh the positives[/quote']

The best football we play is when Charlie Adam isn't involved.

He's got some awful stats for possession apart from one game I mentioned earlier. His pass rate is pathetic, I'm pretty sure against QPR his pass completion rate was somewhere near 55 Percent which is terrible for a playmaker. Jay Spearing has constantly had a better pass rate than him and can actually tackle. We've really missed Bellamy recently nobody seems to want to play anymore.

Reina

Kelly -- Skrtel -- Agger -- Enrique

Spearing

Sterling -- Gerrard -- Bellamy

Suarez

Carroll

Something like that is what we need to line-up in future. No doubt though Kenny will swap Sterling with Downing and probably not play Bellamy.

Any of you lads getting down to Wembley?

Still searching for tickets, only gone to a few EPL games this season so i'm not holding my breath. I think allocation opens up next week for LFC Members so hopefully theres a couple left.

The best football we play is when Charlie Adam isn't involved.

He's got some awful stats for possession apart from one game I mentioned earlier. His pass rate is pathetic' date=' I'm pretty sure against QPR his pass completion rate was somewhere near 55 Percent which is terrible for a playmaker. Jay Spearing has constantly had a better pass rate than him and can actually tackle. We've really missed Bellamy recently nobody seems to want to play anymore.

[/quote']

Yeah Bellamys a big miss.

Too be completely honest, bar Gerrard your best offensive player in my opinion.

Team for today :

Reina, Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Spearing, Shelvey, Bellamy, Carroll, Suarez.

Subs: Doni, Aurelio, Maxi, Henderson, Coates, Kuyt, Downing.

And Hyypia is now manager of Leverkusen till the end of the season.