Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

What do you lads think about Yossi being linked out of Liverpool? It sounds like a done deal, yet it hasn't been confirmed so its just speculation at the moment. But its been reported the deal is around £6.5M, if this was true, what would you lads think?

Personally i feel £6.5M for a 30 year old player, despite him being one of our main players last season its decent, not really short of what i'd want for a player aged that much even though he plays like he's alot younger.

Yet It might not be true with no manager currently in charge at Anfield, but still could he leave the club even with no manager at the helm?

and on a final note, what's the current situation on the managers job?

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

You just proved my point.... Everybody that you named was from ~20-30 years ago ...

• Keegan
    2 or 3 years abroad
    ~30 years ago

• Rush
    1 year abroad
    ~25 years ago

• Lineker
    2 or 3 years abroad
    ~25 years ago

• Aldridge
    2 years abroad
    ~20 years ago

• Gazza
    2 years abroad
    ~20 years ago

These are quarter centuries ago that you are talking about...:rolleyes:

How 'bout for starters we try to come up with a list of anybody British simply from this millennium? ?

And I'm not even talking about top players. I am talking about ANY British players. Basically zero.

Uhh... NO. (Unless you are only talking about British players.)

Simply glancing at any starting line-up for any top-half team in any European league will tell you that your statement isn't true.

You just proved my point....

I was agreeing with you....

Simply glancing at any starting line-up for any top-half team in any European league will tell you that your statement isn't true.[/

By top leagues, I'm talking about EPL, Ligue 1, Serie A, La Ligua and Bundesliga. These top leagueleagues have produced the following players whoh ave travelled abroad:

Bundesliga are Ribery, Delpierre & Luca Toni - all other players are from smaller leagues such as the Dutch or Eastern European leagues with a few South Americans.

In Serie A, there's no top league players other than French Ligue 1 - Trezuguet, Frey, Mexes, Flamini, Menez.

In La Ligua, again its only French players - Adidal, Henry, Diarra, Benzema, Escude & Squillaci.

In the EPL, there's the French contingent and Fabregas at Arsenal (picked up due to youth rules in spain), Cuellar, Ballack, Anelka, Malouda, Arteta, Reina, Riera, Torres, Evra, Hitzlsperger.

Looks to me like the only league that produces players with the 'cohones' to go abroad is France...

What do you lads think about Yossi being linked out of Liverpool? It sounds like a done deal' date=' yet it hasn't been confirmed so its just speculation at the moment. But its been reported the deal is around £6.5M, [b']if this was true[/b], what would you lads think?

Personally i feel £6.5M for a 30 year old player, despite him being one of our main players last season its decent, not really short of what i'd want for a player aged that much even though he plays like he's alot younger.

Yet It might not be true with no manager currently in charge at Anfield, but still could he leave the club even with no manager at the helm?

Thats another profit on a player after a couple of years of service, so happy with that - as long as we invest the money wisely in a suitable replacement!

What do you lads think about Yossi being linked out of Liverpool? It sounds like a done deal' date=' yet it hasn't been confirmed so its just speculation at the moment. But its been reported the deal is around £6.5M, [b']if this was true[/b], what would you lads think?

disappointed we didnt ge joe cole:( benayoun deal is good if we get a young pacy winger with the money, i think king kenny will get the job, thats why i think there are no concrete talks with other managers

Probably a combination of the Prem clubs paying silly wages and players staying in the comfort zone' date=' at a guess. I for one wish more young players would take Matt Derbyshire's lead and go and play your football abroad if your path to the first team is blocked. It doesn't always work out, but you're surely better off getting games under your belt in a overseas league than sat on the bench here.

Edit: And I don't like to generalise but at a guess I'd say the mentality of the average English footballer is that they simply can't be bothered to go to the trouble of learning another language either.[/quote']

Good point - I guess the richest leagues at any point will attract players from abroad. Managers at different clubs - i.e. French players at Arsenal, Spaniards at Liverpool, strength of home league, i.e. why bother to leave one of the top leagues to go to a league where its debatable whether it's stronger? With British players language is definately a consideration - most Europeans learn different languages, we are probably one of the laziest in terms of that.

Liverpool have not agreed to sell Yossi Benayoun to Chelsea.

Plenty of newspapers this morning are claiming Benayoun has already agreed terms with Chelsea and the Reds have agreed to sell him. However, the club has not been in contact with any club over a transfer, and no move will go ahead until Liverpool have appointed a new manager and he has spoken with the player.

Is there any chance with Rafa going Aurelio might sign a new contract with Liverpool? Surely he has still got his home and everything and he only left because Rafa offered him a pay-as-you-play contract.

In my opinion he was one of out better players and was our best set peice taker.

Maybe under a new manager he would be more involved and offered a better deal.

The fixtures for next season are out. Our 2 first games: Arsenal & Man City. ManU's first 2 games: Newcastle & Fulham...

Our fixtures in full:

August

14 - Arsenal (h)

21 - Manchester City (a)

28 - West Bromwich Albion (h)

September

11 - Birmingham City (a)

18 - Manchester United (a)

22 - Carling Cup 3

25 - Sunderland (h)

October

2 - Blackpool (h)

16 - Everton (a)

23 - Blackburn Rovers (h)

27 - Carling Cup 4

30 - Bolton Wanderers (a)

November

6 - Chelsea (h)

9 - Wigan Athletic (a)

13 - Stoke City (a)

20 - West Ham United (h)

27 - Tottenham Hotspur (a)

December

1 - Carling Cup 5

4 - Aston Villa (h)

11 - Newcastle United (a)

18 - Fulham (h)

26 - Blackpool (a)

28 - Wolverhampton Wanderers (h)

January

1 - Bolton Wanderers (h)

5 - Blackburn Rovers (a)

8 - FA Cup 3

12 - Carling Cup SF1

15 - Everton (h)

22 - Wolverhampton Wanderers (a)

26 - Carling Cup SF2

29 - FA Cup 4

February

2 - Stoke City (h)

5 - Chelsea (a)

12 - Wigan Athletic (h)

19 - FA Cup 5

26 - West Ham United (a)

27 - Carling Cup final

March

5 - Manchester United (h)

12 - FA Cup 6

19 - Sunderland (a)

April

2 - West Bromwich Albion (a)

9 - Manchester City (h)

16 - Arsenal (a) (FA Cup SF weekend)

23 - Birmingham City (h)

30 - Newcastle United (h)

May

7 - Fulham (a)

14 - Tottenham Hotspur (h) (FA Cup final weekend - dates and kick-off subject to change)

22 - Aston Villa (a)

Whoever the new manager is gets a nice easy start to the season

Aug 14th Home v Arsenal

Aug 21st Away v Man City

Then Away v United in 5th game

Man Utd are the only 'big' team at home on the last day of the season...and it's against Blackpool....

Well we all know the draw is United biased so no point complaining :P

I know this has probably been discussed alot but- Roy Hodgson- will he be the right man?

Well we all know the draw is United biased so no point complaining :P

I know this has probably been discussed alot but- Roy Hodgson- will he be the right man?

He's a good manager...not sure he's a top manager though

If he does get the job he will have to build his team - and I'm not sure Liverpool have the resources to do that at the moment

I just don't understand WHY Liverpool agreed to PAY Benitez to leave when they must have known that he would be offered the Inter job, unless he was playing the 'either pay me to leave or i will stay and then you'll have to sack me' card

Looking at those fixtures I don't think it's too bad. The start of the season is a good time to get big games played. Chances are most big teams are going to be suffering from a World Cup 'hangover' and it'll take the teams a while to get to their best (if previous seasons are anything to go by). If we are going to drop points at the end of the season it's better we do so against the bigger teams, rather than the smaller teams. We can also (hopefully...) take advantage of other teams not at their best.

The mid-season run in is very good also. December/January will either make or break a teams season. If Liverpool can keep the team fit it'll hopefully be a great chance for us to bag the points up and give us momentum to get through to the end of the season.

mascherno agents has held talks with inter

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/17/mascherano-liverpool-internazionale

hopefully we can get a good price for him. i don't see him be that big of loss if he goes. yes he brillant against teams like Barcelona in the champions league but agianst teams like stoke and wolves he isn't that effective . lucas is good enough to full his role.

we should use the 28-30 mill to bring in a world class striker as apart from torres and gerrard we don't have anyone else that can score goals regulary

and a left back we can't go into a new season with insua as our only senior left back in the squad

mascherno agents has held talks with inter

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/17/mascherano-liverpool-internazionale

hopefully we can get a good price for him. i don't see him be that big of loss if he goes. yes he brillant against teams like Barcelona in the champions league but agianst teams like stoke and wolves he isn't that effective . lucas is good enough to full his role.

we should use the 28-30 mill to bring in a world class striker as apart from torres and gerrard we don't have anyone else that can score goals regulary

and a left back we can't go into a new season with insua as our only senior left back in the squad

lucas and aquilani in cm, looks good, id rather wed buy a really pacy and tricky winger who would create a lot of chances

Heard about this yesterday on some group on facebook' date=' what do you all think of it? [img']http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/images/smilies/smilie_think.gif[/img]

Can Pellegrini speak a word of English? If not, that could be a small problem, but I suppose the core of Liverpool's team being Spanish would help him. He did well with Villarreal with not many resources so I think he'd be a gamble worth taking. Will be interesting to see whether anything develops, or whether it's just another rumour...