Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

If I was Benitez and had the balls I'd do this for our next game:

........................Reina.....................

.............Kelly......Soto.....Agger........

...........Mascherano....Lucas.............

Johnson.............................Benayoun

..............Pacheco.....Aquilani............

.......................Torres....................

I'm not sure if Pacheco is available but if he is I'd like to see something like this... If I remember correctly we played with a formation looking a little like this last season against Portsmouth and Portsmouth is our next game.

Opinions?

Johnson in midfield? Benayoun could still be recovering. Lucas and Mascherano is a definite and I'd like to see Insua in the line up. Pacheco, maybe as a sub, he's a good player, though.

hey guys.

i didnt watch the liverpool vs lille match. and im just looking for an unbiased summary of the game. honestly, was very disappointed with the result. hopefully the home leg will be much better.

i do recall, before the match, benitez wanted the team to 'show their desire' or something alike to that. i certainly hope losing 1-0 to mediocre french sides such as lille is liverpool's 'desire'. certainly isnt what the fans want.

let me know, i unbiased please. dont go blabbering that liverpool were dominant, its the ref and whatnot. if liverpool were truly amazing that night, even without 2/3 penalties, they would have AT LEAST scored one.

so no bias.

burs mate' date=' you know your stuff but come on really?[/quote']

kuyt is knackered and needs a rest (as does insua but there isnt any other fit LB)

gerrard needs an attitude check bigtime

carragher is tbh done as a cb for a top 4 challenging club

I can see a new manager coming too Liverpool' date=' I'd prefer Mourinho out of the ones linked. But he says he won't manage Liverpool at the moment and would prefer Manchester United.

And quaresman, I'll get a summary for you now :)

EDIT:[url']http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8558360.stm[/url]

If you scroll down, you will see the whole exciting bits of the game, you can find the highlights on that same site, I think.

Spurs 1 - 0 Blackburn.

kuyt is knackered and needs a rest (as does insua but there isnt any other fit LB)

kuyt i agree with but the other im not sure about at all

Final score at White Hart Lane. Spurs 3 - 1 Blackburn, not too surprising really, I didn't, at all, suspect Blackburn to beat Spurs, a draw would have been nice. Aston Villa stalemate with Stoke City, I'd count them out if they didn't have 2 games in hand.

Some more bad news. Man City are 'very' likely to win every single game except the 3 I'm counting on they lose.

Definite Wins:

Sunderland

Wigan

Burnley

West Ham United

Challengers:

Birmingham City

Aston Villa

Arsenal

Manchester United

Definite win means that Man City will beat them no matter what, in my opinion, no team there can beat Man City, then the challengers are the ones that can get points, City already beat Arsenal 3 - 0, Birmingham are in good form.

Manchester United will get the double against Manchester City. Whether its in Eastlands or not. If Man City beat Sunderland, Wigan, Burnley and West Ham and lose to the challengers then they will have 61 points.

Birmingham City - DRAW

Aston Villa - DRAW

Arsenal - LOSE

Manchester United - LOSE

So if I get my predictions right, they will finish with a grand total 63 points.

I said that at the start of the season and got slated lol

But the rest I agree with, Gerrard needs a rest as does Kuyt, Insua needs to learn what a LB is but hes improving and Rafa needs to stop being so negative otherwise Liverpool will struggle to finish in the top 7 let alone the top 4 if they carry on playing like they have recently

Final score at White Hart Lane. Spurs 3 - 1 Blackburn' date=' not too surprising really, I didn't, at all, suspect Blackburn to beat Spurs, a draw would have been nice. Aston Villa stalemate with Stoke City, I'd count them out if they didn't have 2 games in hand.

Some more bad news. Man City are 'very' likely to win every single game except the 3 I'm counting on they lose.

Definite Wins:

SunderlandWigan

Burnley

West Ham United

Challengers:

Birmingham City

Aston Villa

Arsenal

Manchester United

Definite win means that Man City will beat them no matter what, in my opinion, no team there can beat Man City, then the challengers are the ones that can get points, City already beat Arsenal 3 - 0, Birmingham are in good form.

Manchester United will get the double against Manchester City. Whether its in Eastlands or not. If Man City beat Sunderland, Wigan, Burnley and West Ham and lose to the challengers then they will have 61 points.

Birmingham City - DRAW

Aston Villa - DRAW

Arsenal - LOSE

Manchester United - LOSE

So if I get my predictions right, they will finish with a grand total 63 points.[/quote']

Nothing in football is definite Nicky. Man City have shocked Chelsea this season and lost to Hull. They're a very hard team to predict. Villa can't be ruled out of the race and Spurs have got some tough games but they're still in it. The only thing Liverpool can do at the moment is win games. Every team WILL slip up again on a few occasions and Liverpool need to pick up their game to make sure they are there or there abouts until the end.

I said that at the start of the season and got slated lol

Yep, I thought he could probably limp his way through one more season (to save us some money basically) but I was fully aware of him not really being up to it and that is was fingers crossed more than expectation.

...in other news, I predicted this is exactly how Liverpool's season would pan out (I even guessed every score, the scorer and minute within the match!!!). I'm bloody brilliant.

Oh and by the way, the old thread is deleted, so you'll all have to believe me! :P

According to the Irish Sun, six groups are going to invest in Liverpool, while Torres wants a couple of big names for next season. Hopefully, we can pull something off against Portsmouth.

We'll be in 5th if we win the game. :D

i have high hopes that liverpool will beat man utd then man utd to go beat chelsea so arsenal go top ;)

I would be happy with that :) , I really want Arsenal to win the title even though it will give some of your LFC hating fans some ammo against us :P

i have high hopes that liverpool will beat man utd then man utd to go beat chelsea so arsenal go top ;)

I don't think Arsenal can finish above 3rd place this season, but its only a opinion, last season, Arsenal struggled with smaller teams, they are doing much better this season.

I am confident that Liverpool will beat United for the 4th time in a row, but the Chelsea/Manchester United match is too close too predict. I'd be happy with a 1-1 draw, even though it won't affect Liverpool's CL hopes.

I would be happy with that :) ' date=' I really want Arsenal to win the title even though it will give some of your LFC hating fans some ammo against us :P[/quote']

I'd prefer Chelsea to win the title out of the 3 contenders left this season - Arsenal can go the same way as Pompy as far as I'm concerned :P

europa league and the club wanting the ESPN money

Europa League? Weren't we in the CL Group Stage before the PL fixtures were generated? So they were put on Monday because of the Group Stage? Correct me if I'm wrong.