Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I'm not sure what sort of price Bologna would accept for Ramirez but I've seen talk of £17M and that's imo too big of a risk.

The price is recently up to 20M' date=' since City also showed some interest regarding this winger.

Adam Johnson is a good player, however I'm worried about his level of professionalism. I don't know if there's any truth to those rumours but I remember reading somewhere that he's acutally showed up drunk to training (at City). I would pay £15M for him but if we're looking at young, English attacking players who might want to leave due to having too much competition for places.

As reported 10-15M is not quiet big money compared to what we spend to get Downing (2 years on contract) and Man Utd's A.Young (1 year of contract). Johnson can easily fit to the team, since we don't have right winger. But the only thing I'm worried is his style of play. He is too predictable when he get the ball. Couple of stepover, tried some dummy cross, but actually cut inside and shot his way using his left foot. Too predictable. But his speed is what Rodgers will be looking to.

Sturridge is one who I'd also be interested in. How is he supposed to get a game with Hulk' date=' Hazard, Marin, Mata etc in the team? Sturridge is class, although he's not much of a team player and his wage demands might be too high for us.[/quote']

I would say no to Sturridge. He is quiet selfish and only passed the ball when he is caught up. Always delay some times, even there is a player to support him. But he is surely brilliant in front of goal. And again the wage will killing us.

Also' date=' if I were to put money on Sigurdsson's destination I'd say he'll end up at Liverpool. I sort of hope he goes to Swansea, though.[/quote']

I wouldn't mind him tho. 7M as reported is pretty good price,based solely on what he have offered at Swansea. IF anything happen, it would be a nice example if this guy flopped at Anfield so that Rodgers will not be signing any player from Swansea.

Other player available for that price is Jordan Rhodes - somewhere around 7-8M.

Rumors that Brendan Rodgers will be having an overhaul of the Midfield (As expected) and his first target will signal the end of Charlie Adam at LFC, big links coming out of Holland is that Rodgers wants the 'Dutch Xavi' Jordy Classie (a player who he could not attract to Swansea last season) From what i've seen of him he looks like a good prodigy and in the right formation will be valuable in keeping the ball. His second target as Ray posted is Gylfi, Rodgers has said he has agreed not to buy from Swansea but this is what he's said;

Brendan Rodgers: ''When I had a chat with Huw Jenkins the other day, after I told him I was going to Liverpool, I gave him assurances that I wouldn’t be going back for any *players. My word still stands on that. But Gylfi came to Swansea because I was the manager there. “I actually pushed Swansea towards making an agreement with Gylfi – and they eventually did that in terms of the fee and then the salary. But ultimately it’s now down to Gylfi. “I have told Huw that if I speak to the kid, I will make sure he definitely goes down to Swansea and speaks to the new manager, whoever that is. “But if Gylfi is not comfortable with that and he comes back on to the market then I have to be interested.”

I'd put money on Glyfi being a Liverpool player next season.

This a video of Clasie just from watching he reminds me highly of Lucas but with someone who can pick a pass.

5miZxF4trvE

From some of the things he's been saying and the players we are being linked with I trust Rodgers a heck of a lot more than Kenny.

From some of the things he's been saying and the players we are being linked with I trust Rodgers a heck of a lot more than Kenny.

I'm hoping he does well also, but Kenny did fine in his 1st season and loves this club and wanted the best for it more than me, you or anybody and has done more for it than me and you can ever dream of, I don't think any LFC fan needs to keep bringing him up in a negative way, we need to just move on :)

The guy is Liverpool, the most loyal and passionate person for LFC that I know, the players let him down at the end of the day (inc Suarez) , if its people we should not be trusting its the players.

Very poor to let a quality player go for only 1 Million

Nah I would say more class from the clubs behalf, I'm guessing they offered Kuyt a good deal, Kuyt wanted to go so the club let him, we had more than our money back from what we paid.

Due to his age and stuff he would not have brung in much either, very under rated player (by most) by people away from LFC

Only 1M? Should have at least get 2/3M. :eek:

Liverpool

• Football League Cup (1): 2011–12
  • FA Premier League (Runner-Up): 2008–09
  • FA Cup (Runner-Up): 2011–12
  • UEFA Champions League (Runner-Up): 2006–07

Glad he finally got his medal in Liverpool days.

Good luck in Turkey!

Maxi Rodriguez.

You reckon cos of his age? hes a very good footballer / passer of the ball, I thought Rodgers might want to keep him around.

He scores just about everytime he plays as well, I think he wants to leave mind as he does deserve more playing time based on his performances

5 too many :)

I know 1 of your 2 but not sure on the other :P

I would have taken Gerrard and Carroll for sure and IF he had been fit and playing all season would have taken Johnson.

You have to question Hodgsons logic tho (cant believe I'm questioning his calls on here again :mad: - hated his time here) ' date=' anyways....

I was shocked Johson got ahead of Richards based on form this season but I figured Johnson pipped it due to being a regular for England.

However, how has Kelly got ahead of Richards?? as much as I like Kelly and think hes going to be great in the future, Richards is miles better currently.

Saying that I think I remember hearing Richards say he never wanted to be called in if he wasnt part of the original squad, which was rather stupid of him

As for JH , hes been useless this season and done nothing for us, some people are giving Adam stick but Henderson has been way worse and contributed much less.

Downing has been [b']much [/b]better for us than his stats suggest mind

Only 1M? Should have at least get 2/3M. :eek:

Glad he finally got his medal in Liverpool days.

Good luck in Turkey!

yeah great for the guy, atleast he has something to show for his time at the club, such a shame his fa cup and UCL medals couldn't be gold ones.

Pretty frightening how well of a speaker BR is, take this quote for example,

''My philosophy is simple — I’m here to educate. I’m not here to train. You train dogs, you don’t train players.''

Shows why FSG ended up giving him the job, eagerly awaiting to see what players he brings in.

Sad to see Kuyt leave but think it was best for both parties. He was definitely on the decline and it was his decision to leave whilst the club tried to get him to stay apparently. I wonder if more of the older faces will be going to accommodate the new vision and future at the club. I know Carragher won't go but I can even see Wilson being ahead of him now and maybe even Widom in the not so distant future, as he will not fit in to the team at all now imo.

Rodgers has spoke about Sigurdsson as well:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7793252/Rodgers-eyes-Gylfi-raid

I'm content with Gerrard and with Walker's injury' date=' would have been OK with Johnson as back-up to Richards.

The rest haven't been good enough as your position in the table suggests.[/quote']

Yeah Richards would have been going if he wasn't so pig headed I think, if he would not have withdrew himself from the other list he would be taking Kelly's place currently, then I think ended up replacing Johnson who still doesn't look 100% match fit.

There must be something behind the scenes we don't see with Richards tho with so many different managers over looking him.