Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Been out all day and only seen Kuyt has left :(

Gutting day has been one of my favourite Liverpool players for the past six years. Kuyt was actually a much better player than people give him credit for, yes he can look ungainly and is not the prettiest player to watch but what he gave to Liverpool in terms of work-rate, endevour, heart, will to win, tactical discipline was unquestionable.

He made the absolute most of his ability and gave everything he possibly could for this club. A true example for youngsters to follow and the amount of vital goals he scored for us was unbelievable. A proper big-game player and somebody who some others could use looking at as an example tremendous application and he can be really proud of himself.

A great player and all Liverpool fans should hold him in the highest regard, well done Dirk you will be missed.

The tops look like hotel worker's uniform. (I don't know the exact name.:o).

A maid....?

Not for me. Think ill just buy the home kit this year.

I'm going to be getting one of them, probably the home one as I think it looks really nice (and they last for 2 years, don't they?). :)

Rodgers: “Swansea can be a great place for any young Liverpool player to go to.

“I did it the other way around with Chelsea and we used a connection then. But they have to be good enough – you have to be a real good young player to play for Swansea.

“The players I took from Chelsea – like Scott Sinclair and Fabio Borini – I did because they were talented players. For talented young players, there’s no better place to leave than Swansea.

“And it will be interesting now to assess the squad here and have a look at the young players we have.”

That won’t be for a time yet with Rodgers spending Friday inspecting Liverpool’s facilities and his new Melwood training base after his official unveiling before heading away on a family holiday.

But he made it clear he would not consider sending cast-offs Swansea’s way and instead would be interested in using Swansea as a first option for loan deals or best moves for young players who want away from Anfield.

Back in the days of Tosh the likes of Ian Callaghan, Colin Irwin, Max Thompson, Tommy Smith and Ray Kennedy made the move to the Vetch Field.

But the majority of the deals tended to be for players at the tail-end of their careers while here it would be more about the starlets who could boost the Swans.

Swansea’s recent rise has long seen them benefit from intelligent loan moves, including ex-Red Paul Anderson, Italian marksman Borini from Chelsea and defender Steven Caulker from Spurs.

And a quick glance at Rodgers’ new charges suggests Swansea could get themselves first in the queue for the likes of much-hyped winger Sterling who inched close to the Liverpool first-team last year with the 17-year-old winning praise from Welsh Anfield ace Craig Bellamy.

“He is a talent, give him some time to carve out a career,” Bellamy said. “Fingers crossed that if he can knuckle down and focus on his training, he can grow to become a real star.”

Swansea have previously shown interest in young Reds striker Dani Pacheco and defender Danny Wilson, the latter a highly-rated Scottish centre-back.

I hope Swansea get a manager similar to Rodgers and something comes of this 'link' between us and them. We have quite a few players who could benefit from a loan move there. Danny Wilson needs to go out on loan next season and I think Swansea would suit him perfectly, although he probably isn't good enough to be a regular there, Dani Pacheco is another one but I wouldn't mind if we sold him in stead of just loaning him out. Shelvey maybe, Sterling I want to stay at LFC because he wouldn't be a regular at Swansea so imo it's better that he plays the odd game over here rather than there. Jack Robinson also would suit Swansea's style quite well.

Duncan Jenkins (@duncanjenkinsfc), who is a must follow on Twitter for anyone looking for inside info on Liverpool, said some months ago that we're looking to loan Coates out for next season. Be interesting to see if Rodgers thinks the same, I personally don't think we have enough CBs to allow him to leave.

I do feel kinda bad for Swansea if they fail to get Sigurdsson and end up with someone like McLeish as manager:o:p

I hope Swansea get a manager similar to Rodgers and something comes of this 'link' between us and them. We have quite a few players who could benefit from a loan move there. Danny Wilson needs to go out on loan next season and I think Swansea would suit him perfectly' date=' although he probably isn't good enough to be a regular there, Dani Pacheco is another one but I wouldn't mind if we sold him in stead of just loaning him out. Shelvey maybe, Sterling I want to stay at LFC because he wouldn't be a regular at Swansea so imo it's better that he plays the odd game over here rather than there. Jack Robinson also would suit Swansea's style quite well.

Duncan Jenkins (@duncanjenkinsfc), who is a must follow on Twitter for anyone looking for inside info on Liverpool, said some months ago that we're looking to loan Coates out for next season. Be interesting to see if Rodgers thinks the same, I personally don't think we have enough CBs to allow him to leave.

I do feel kinda bad for Swansea if they fail to get Sigurdsson and end up with someone like McLeish as manager:o:p[/quote']

Sounds good. Wouldn't want Robinson, Sterling and Danny Wilson because none of those players have had a season of first team football under their belt, and you've got to bare in mind that we just beat your first team and we aren't mugs who are going to take your youth team in.

We can only get one in on loan, i'd really like somebody like Pacheco.

There's also more chance of Gylfi Sigurdsson joining Accrington Stanley then us appointing Alex McLeish as manager and i don't think you should be feeling sorry for us either.

Just noticed the new away jersey is just a remake of what we already have. The traditional jersey of 1900-1906 years.

liverpool_1904-1905-change.gif

Not my favorite jersey. But the modern touch is absolute class. Loving the design of the neck tho. Always love it since I first saw Athletic Bilbao's away jersey (using the same neck design). :D

5597700871_b965742c8c.jpg

Sounds good. Wouldn't want Robinson' date=' Sterling and Danny Wilson because none of those players have had a season of first team football under their belt, and you've got to bare in mind that we just beat your first team and we aren't mugs who are going to take your youth team in.

We can only get one in on loan, i'd really like somebody like Pacheco.

[/quote']

Pacheco would suit you well although I would argue that Sterling is already better than him. Pacheco struggled to get game time at Rayo which is basically the reason I wouldn't mind seeing him leave the club altogether.

I think Sigurdsson and Shelvey are a lot alike. Shelvey scored 6 and assisted 3 in his 10 games for Blackpool, where he got to play behind the striker. That imo is his best position and if you fail to get Siggy, you could do a lot worse than Shelvey. I know there are even some Liverpool fans who don't rate Shelvey but I think he's very, very good for his age.

And I didn't mean to sound disrespectful, I know you're a very good team and won't just take any player who can't get to our team.

There's also more chance of Gylfi Sigurdsson joining Accrington Stanley then us appointing Alex McLeish as manager and i don't think you should be feeling sorry for us either.

I know. You seem to have a very clear vision of the type of manager you want at the club.

I hope Swansea get a manager similar to Rodgers and something comes of this 'link' between us and them. We have quite a few players who could benefit from a loan move there. Danny Wilson needs to go out on loan next season and I think Swansea would suit him perfectly' date=' although he probably isn't good enough to be a regular there, Dani Pacheco is another one but I wouldn't mind if we sold him in stead of just loaning him out. Shelvey maybe, Sterling I want to stay at LFC because he wouldn't be a regular at Swansea so imo it's better that he plays the odd game over here rather than there. Jack Robinson also would suit Swansea's style quite well.[/quote']

I would keep Sterling. Maybe loan out Suso, Pacheco, Shelvey and Wilson to Swansea. But still maybe Pacheco and Shelvey will steal some minutes in there. Can't see Wilson playing regularly. Maybe we can sell them Spero? ;):P

I do feel kinda bad for Swansea if they fail to get Sigurdsson and end up with someone like McLeish as manager:o:p

Sigurdsson might ended up in Liverpool. But it is not a lost for Swansea, with those 6.8M, Swansea can get another decent player (that's quiet large chunk for them).

Agreed on McLeish part.

I would keep Sterling. Maybe loan out Suso' date=' Pacheco, Shelvey and Wilson to Swansea[/b']. But still maybe Pacheco and Shelvey will steal some minutes in there. Can't see Wilson playing regularly. Maybe we can sell them Spero? ;):P

They can't loan that many. But I do agree that those are the players we should loan to other clubs, with maybe the exception of Shelvey. Spearing is another one who I would loan, I don't think we should sell him, at least not yet.

EDIT: And I'm not sure if Suso should be loaned out because I want us to have some good players playing the NextGen tournament.

You 2 are talking about Swansea like they are some average little side that will take anyone we need to give 1st team football on loan lol

Swansea only just finished below our main team last season, I think currently unless they are just about breaking into our team they won't be ready for Swansea, I seriously doubt people like Spearing will get into there team :o

Pacheco would suit you well although I would argue that Sterling is already better than him. Pacheco struggled to get game time at Rayo which is basically the reason I wouldn't mind seeing him leave the club altogether.

I think Sigurdsson and Shelvey are a lot alike. Shelvey scored 6 and assisted 3 in his 10 games for Blackpool' date=' where he got to play behind the striker. That imo is his best position and if you fail to get Siggy, you could do a lot worse than Shelvey. I know there are even some Liverpool fans who don't rate Shelvey but I think he's very, very good for his age.

And I didn't mean to sound disrespectful, I know you're a very good team and won't just take any player who can't get to our team.[/quote']

I think Pacheco would suit us well and would add something else to us going forward. Very good technically, and it could help him to settle in to Premier League football which i guess Liverpool would prefer rather than him going out on loan to Spain knowing he's going to want to go permanantly to La Liga.

As for Shelvey, we've got better. Seems a decent young player, and could be good in the future but wouldn't really add anything to us and we wouldn't recieve any benefit in future seasons. I don't think it would be a valuable loan for us to have in, certainly not as valuable as someone like Pacheco. We've got plenty of players who've excelled in the Championship in our midfield, such as Stephen Dobbie who had a more succesful loan spell at Blackpool when Shelvey was recalled who we are likely to sell to Blackpool for around £1 million. I wouldn't compare Shelvey to Sigurdsson, i don't think he's near to that sort of standard of player even though. He's not a bad player, but i'd prefer Mark Gower, Kemy Agustien and Stephen Dobbie to Shelvey who aren't currently in our first team, won't be on as much wages and wouldn't occupy all of the loan players we're allowed from Liverpool and half of the loan players we're allowed from Premier League clubs.

I would keep Sterling. Maybe loan out Suso' date=' Pacheco, Shelvey and Wilson to Swansea. But still maybe Pacheco and Shelvey will steal some minutes in there. Can't see Wilson playing regularly. Maybe we can sell them Spero? ;):P[/quote']

We can only have one player in on loan from Liverpool.

Why on earth would we use one of only two loans availible on Suso, as i've said we're not mugs and we're not going to take simply a youth player in from you as one of those loan. He's not going to play for us, he'd do well to get a season of regular Championship football next season.

You 2 are talking about Swansea like they are some average little side that will take anyone we need to give 1st team football on loan lol

I specified that I didn't mean it like that if my initial post gave that impression:

And I didn't mean to sound disrespectful' date=' I know you're a very good team and won't just take any player who can't get to our team.

[/quote']

I think Pacheco would suit us well and would add something else to us going forward. Very good technically' date=' and it could help him to settle in to Premier League football which i guess Liverpool would prefer rather than him going out on loan to Spain knowing he's going to want to go permanantly to La Liga.

As for Shelvey, we've got better. Seems a decent young player, and could be good in the future but wouldn't really add anything to us and we wouldn't recieve any benefit in future seasons. I don't think it would be a valuable loan for us to have in, certainly not as valuable as someone like Pacheco. We've got plenty of players who've excelled in the Championship in our midfield, such as Stephen Dobbie who had a more succesful loan spell at Blackpool when Shelvey was recalled who we are likely to sell to Blackpool for around £1 million. I wouldn't compare Shelvey to Sigurdsson, i don't think he's near to that sort of standard of player even though. He's not a bad player, but i'd prefer Mark Gower, Kemy Agustien and Stephen Dobbie to Shelvey who aren't currently in our first team, won't be on as much wages and wouldn't occupy all of the loan players we're allowed from Liverpool and half of the loan players we're allowed from Premier League clubs.

We can only have one player in on loan from Liverpool.

Why on earth would we use one of only two loans availible on Suso, as i've said we're not mugs and we're not going to take simply a youth player in from you as one of those loan. He's not going to play for us, he'd do well to get a season of regular Championship football next season.[/quote']

tbf, I don't know what positions you're looking to strengthen over the summer so maybe you would benefit more from Pacheco than Shelvey.

Swansea only just finished below our main team last season' date=' I think currently unless they are just about breaking into our team they won't be ready for Swansea, I seriously doubt people like Spearing will get into there team :o[/quote']

No disrespect to Swansea, they have pool of good player. I know Swansea will not loan any young player from us if the player will not improved them. I only named a player that will possibly be their target after Rodgers said,

"Swansea can be a great place for any young Liverpool player to go to.". ...and instead would be interested in using Swansea as a first option for loan deals or best moves for young players who want away from Anfield.

I merely speculate what young player Rodgers thinking to giving Swansea chance to loan. ;)

And of cause Spero part is a joke. :D Swansea already have good player playing in his position.

The six Groups for the NextGen Series 2012/13 are:

Group One - FC Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur, Olympiacos, Vfl Wolfsburg.

Group Two - Manchester City FC, Juventus Football Club, Paris Saint-Germain, Fenerbahce.

Group Three - Chelsea FC, AFC Ajax, CSKA Moscow, Molde FK.

Group Four - Arsenal FC, Athletico Bilbao, Olympique de Marseille, RSC Anderlecht.

Group Five - Liverpool FC, Borussia Dortmund, Internazionale, Rosenborg BK.

Group Six - Sporting Clube de Portugal, Celtic FC, Aston Villa FC, PSV Eindhoven

Looking forward to face last year tournament winner, Internazionale. :D Rosenborg and new comer Dortmund.