Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Proof being Liverpool's reserves not being as good as their first team' date=' otherwise they wouldn't be reserves...[/quote']

Doesn't make them worse than all Swansea players though does it. Im not saying that the Liverpool reserves are amazing and are better than Swansea players, it just annoys me when random people come onto a thread and say things that they have no clue about :)

Doesn't make them worse than all Swansea players though does it. Im not saying that the Liverpool reserves are amazing and are better than Swansea players' date=' it just [b']annoys me when random people come onto a thread and say things that they have no clue about :)[/b]

I have more posts than you on this thread, so I think this comment applies more to you than me.

If Liverpool and Swansea are roughly equal apart from a couple of stars like Suarez or Gerard, how can Liverpool's reserves be better than Swansea. It is simply arrogant to suggest that a Liverpool reserve could walk into their team. Look at McEachran, far better that someone like Shelvey and he barely got a look in.

I'm sorry I don't attend all of Liverpool's reserve fixtures, but that does not invalidate my opinion. I know a lot of Liverpool fans and I follow football closely, and most of the players being talked about aren't good enough to get regular games at Swansea.

I have more posts than you on this thread' date=' so I think this comment applies more to you than me.

[b']If Liverpool and Swansea are roughly equal apart from a couple of stars like Suarez or Gerard[/b], how can Liverpool's reserves be better than Swansea. It is simply arrogant to suggest that a Liverpool reserve could walk into their team. Look at McEachran, far better that someone like Shelvey and he barely got a look in.

I'm sorry I don't attend all of Liverpool's reserve fixtures, but that does not invalidate my opinion. I know a lot of Liverpool fans and I follow football closely, and most of the players being talked about aren't good enough to get regular games at Swansea.

Liverpool and Swansea are not roughly equal apart from a couple of stars. The main reason why Liverpool finished only 5 points ahead of Swansea was that Swansea played almost perfectly as a team while some/most of our players 1) were only signed last year 2) underachieved as individuals.

I'm just going to ignore the McEachran/Shelvey comment because we're both biased on that issue.

I have more posts than you on this thread' date=' so I think this comment applies more to you than me.

If Liverpool and Swansea are roughly equal apart from a couple of stars like Suarez or Gerard, how can Liverpool's reserves be better than Swansea. It is simply arrogant to suggest that a Liverpool reserve could walk into their team. Look at McEachran, far better that someone like Shelvey and he barely got a look in.

I'm sorry I don't attend all of Liverpool's reserve fixtures, but that does not invalidate my opinion. I know a lot of Liverpool fans and I follow football closely, and [b']most of the players being talked about aren't good enough to get regular games at Swansea[/b].

Thats a better way of putting it, doesn't sound like u have no idea what you are talking about and are just trying to troll this thread. You can't compare the finishes of the two sides and say they are equal. Liverpool had a terrible end to the season, which multiple factors such as already winning the League Cup and still being in the FA Cup could have affected. I really liked Swansea last season, and thought they performed very well, but you can't base a clubs credentials on one good year in the premier league, just as you can't base it off one bad year.

Also, you can't really compare McEachran to Shelvey as neither has had enough first team football at the highest level to give you enough information. (it is comments like that which make me doubt and disagree with what you are saying.

Thats a better way of putting it' date=' doesn't sound like u have no idea what you are talking about and are just trying to troll this thread. You can't compare the finishes of the two sides and say they are equal. Liverpool had a terrible end to the season, which multiple factors such as already winning the League Cup and still being in the FA Cup could have affected. I really liked Swansea last season, and thought they performed very well, but you can't base a clubs credentials on one good year in the premier league, just as you can't base it off one bad year.

Also, you can't really compare McEachran to Shelvey as neither has had enough first team football at the highest level to give you enough information. (it is comments like that which make me doubt and disagree with what you are saying.[/quote']

You can base it on last year, because the last year is the most important. You can't base the difference between the sides as anything other than last seasons performances, because you don't have the same squad you did in previous seasons. I don't really know how you can see you are miles above us, because you've got nothing to base it on. We've played you twice in the last 20 years, and got 4 points from a possible 6. There is little to base any comparisons between the two sides other than last season.

As for McEachran, don't really rate him, looked very poor and light weight for us.

Have you seen your reserves then? Can you make an justifications as to why Suso, who's yet to play a minute of first team professional football should be going out on loan to play regular Premier League football and why he should be playing regular first team football for us?

I personally haven't seen Liverpool reserves play, but i've seen your U18's play in the 3rd round of the Youth Cup and we beat you 4-1. Do you fancy James Loveridge on loan? Only just got his professional contract with us but he's been playing well for the reserves :rolleyes:

Well that was 2 pages of complete drivel.....

This thread is about Liverpool and with all due respect I couldnt give two hoots about Swansea or talking about them on here, that whole conversation was relatively pointless and all conjecture.

Lets stick to Liverpool :)

The groups for the 2012/13 Under 19 NextGen Series have been drawn.

Click here to find out who Liverpool will be facing

We already know

Inter last years winners, Dortmund and Rosenborg.

Particuarly look forward to seeing Dortmund's youngsters pop over, was a great tournament last year and high hopes for it again :)

We already know

Inter last years winners' date=' Dortmund and Rosenborg.

Particuarly look forward to seeing Dortmund's youngsters pop over, was a great tournament last year and high hopes for it again :)[/quote']

Yeah it should be good. Hopefully will be televised slightly more as well

You can base it on last year' date=' because the last year is the most important. You can't base the difference between the sides as anything other than last seasons performances, because you don't have the same squad you did in previous seasons. I don't really know how you can see you are miles above us, because you've got nothing to base it on. We've played you twice in the last 20 years, and got 4 points from a possible 6. There is little to base any comparisons between the two sides other than last season.

As for McEachran, don't really rate him, looked very poor and light weight for us.

Have you seen your reserves then? Can you make an justifications as to why Suso, who's yet to play a minute of first team professional football should be going out on loan to play regular Premier League football and why he should be playing regular first team football for us?

I personally haven't seen Liverpool reserves play, but i've seen your U18's play in the 3rd round of the Youth Cup and we beat you 4-1. Do you fancy James Loveridge on loan? Only just got his professional contract with us but he's been playing well for the reserves :rolleyes:[/quote']

Yes i have seen them play. If you read what i say i didn't argue that they were defiantly good enough to play for Swansea, i was commenting on they way he said, and arguing how he could come to that conclusion. Again, you can use the season to compare the clubs, but you can suggest that the teams are of equal quality based on just one season.

What would people think if we signed Walcott? There are rumours (from Arsenal people) that we had a deal done for him until Dalglish was let go*.

He only has 1 year left in his contract so the fee shouldn't be too big, he's a decent finisher and he's obviously one of the fastest players in the league. So the question is do the pros outweigh the cons (decision-making, wages?) and could we find someone with his qualities for cheaper?

* = Could some Arsenal fan tell if those rumours have com from a reliable source? It's some Arsenalinsider website which doesn't sound too reliable but people on Twitter suggest that Arsenal fans consider it as a good source.

Yeah it should be good. Hopefully will be televised slightly more as well

Well we get to see Every Liverpool game on LFC TV avaliable online or if you have Virgin Media like moi :)

What would people think if we signed Walcott? There are rumours (from Arsenal people) that we had a deal done for him until Dalglish was let go*.

He only has 1 year left in his contract so the fee shouldn't be too big' date=' he's a decent finisher and he's obviously one of the fastest players in the league. So the question is do the pros outweigh the cons (decision-making, wages?) and could we find someone with his qualities for cheaper?

* = Could some Arsenal fan tell if those rumours have com from a reliable source? It's some Arsenalinsider website which doesn't sound too reliable but people on Twitter suggest that Arsenal fans consider it as a good source.[/quote']

Heard those rumours before but I wouldnt take any notice of them to be frank, it was a fair while ago now as well.

He would add qualities we dont have genuine pace but I have never been a big fan, spends to long running down blind alleys and although his final ball has improved I still think it is of a pretty poor standard. Technically he aint to clever either and I cant see Arsenal selling anyhow.

Sure I read Walcott was a Liverpool fan as a boy but as much as that in itself endears me to Theo, Im not convinced by him and he flatters to deceive on to many occasions for me.

I cant under any circumstance see Arsenal letting him go anyhow but it is the season where names are floated around.

He only has 1 year left in his contract so the fee shouldn't be too big' date=' he's a decent finisher and he's obviously one of the fastest players in the league. So the question is do the pros outweigh the cons (decision-making, wages?) and could we find someone with his qualities for cheaper?

* = Could some Arsenal fan tell if those rumours have com from a reliable source? It's some Arsenalinsider website which doesn't sound too reliable but people on Twitter suggest that Arsenal fans consider it as a good source.[/quote']

Thats strange cause i was just thinking about Walcott playing for Liverpool when i was watching the England game. Now they have Oxlade Chamberlain they may look to let him go, especially if Walcott only has 1 year left on his contract like you said.

I think he could be a really good signing, as he hasn't really had had consistent playing time at Arsenal.

What i like about Theo is his attitude. To me he seems like the kind of person that just gets on with what whatever he is asked to do, and seems a genuine educated and nice person off the pitch.

Also, what do you guys think about this latest news:

New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has put Gylfi Sigurdsson and Clint Dempsey at the top of his transfer wishlist.

I think Dempsey is exactly the kind of player we need to bring in. An experienced premier league player and proven premier league goal scorer.

Also' date=' what do you guys think about this latest news:

New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has put Gylfi Sigurdsson and Clint Dempsey at the top of his transfer wishlist.

I think Dempsey is exactly the kind of player we need to bring in. An experienced premier league player and proven premier league goal scorer.[/quote']

Well, the Sigurdsson bit isn't really news, it's been on the cards since the moment Rodgers came here. For 6.8M it would be a decent buy but not the most exciting. I'm not a big fan of Dempsey and I think there are better fish in the sea.

I think Dempsey is exactly the kind of player we need to bring in. An experienced premier league player and proven premier league goal scorer.

I would prefer Dembele over Dempsey. Young and very underrated player.

But if we signed Dempsey,we might actually boost our economy. One of the best player in USA joining us. Shirt selling would be huge. :D

No doubt the Liverpool"Mafiosi" will complain that Dempsey isnt big enough for Liverpool.

But i tell you what with Rodgers tactics he would get you 15+ league goals next season.

How many Liverpool players did that last season?

None.

No doubt the Liverpool"Mafiosi" will complain that Dempsey isnt big enough for Liverpool.

But i tell you what with Rodgers tactics he would get you 15+ league goals next season.

How many Liverpool players did that last season?

None.

I for one would really welcome Dempsey. It reminds me of when benayoun joined us. Not a big name, but was fantastic for us considering that. I have always been a fan of Dempsey, we need someone that can score goals in the prem.