Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Yeah. Still remember you guys opinion about Kjaer. Too bad he got couple of bad season. But he is still good player for backup purpose. Especially if Carra leaving the squad.

But if the wages is too high it is no go then.

He's had 3 terrible seasons after 1 or 2 good ones at Palermo which rendered him horribly overrated.

He's had 3 terrible seasons after 1 or 2 good ones at Palermo which rendered him horribly overrated.

I think he got pretty good first season in the Bundesliga. Second player to have most minutes in the team. And pretty consistent in his first season. But after that he lost his position due to the manager that bought him has been sacked. And the new manager is not to fond on him.

I think he got pretty good first season in the Bundesliga. Second player to have most minutes in the team. And pretty consistent in his first season. But after that he lost his position due to the manager that bought him has been sacked. And the new manager is not to fond on him.

Meant 2 terrible seasons in my original post :o Thought he moved to Germany a year earlier than he did.

My point still stands though; he was terrible in Germany. Second most minutes, maybe but a team as big as Wolfsburg finished just outside the relegation zone!

Meant 2 terrible seasons in my original post :o Thought he moved to Germany a year earlier than he did.

My point still stands though; he was terrible in Germany. Second most minutes' date=' maybe but a team as big as Wolfsburg finished just outside the relegation zone![/quote']

They are struggling that season. McClaren making total overhaul of Wolfsburg squad after he appointed. With 12 signing + some loanee and selling 13 player (including Edin Dzeko - their best striker). They are really struggling (to blend in the squad and to perform in the league withe new faces) but Kjaer adapt real good in there, making the CB spot as his own. Sadly after the management changed everything going upside down.

Who creates the most LFC chances in 11/12?

Our stats partner Opta has tallied the 'chances created' by every Liverpool player last term - combining 'assists' with final passes which resulted in a chance but not a goal.

The data makes interesting reading. Here's a list of our top 10 chance creators in the 2011-12 Barclays Premier League (minutes played in brackets).

1. Luis Suarez - 61 (2,556)

2. Stewart Downing - 55 (2,477)

3. Charlie Adam - 47 (2,175)

4. Dirk Kuyt - 40 (2,002)

5. Andy Carroll - 40 (2,065)

6. Jose Enrique - 34 (2,992)

7. Craig Bellamy - 32 (1,241)

8. Jordan Henderson - 31 (2,663)

9. Steven Gerrard - 27 (1,212)

10. Glen Johnson - 22 (1,952)

* new signing.

This season Liverpoolfc.tv signed a deal with Opta that means we can bring you the kind of in-depth statistics that no other club website in English football can offer.

And over the next few weeks we're revealing some fascinating figures to help you understand who did what in 2011-12 - continuing today with interceptions, blocks and clearances.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This season Liverpoolfc.tv signed a deal with Opta that means we can bring you the kind of in-depth statistics that no other club website in English football can offer.

Would be very fascinating to have that kind of statistics. :)

New rumors..out of no where.

burak-yilmaz-1.jpeg

Burak Yilmaz. The highly regard Turkish striker in Super Lig.

Rough stats this season:

34zbvrq.png

Based on the suspension,maybe he is hot headed player.

30nhdox.png

Some fact:

The rumors was back in January when he said he want to play in Spain or England.

Top scorer in Super Lig 2011/12 for total of 32 goals and 9 assists in 30 games. Pretty impressive for a lower club striker.

Come in cheap. Only 5M release clause. Might be good addition to our striking department.

Surprised nobody has said that Gylfi told Sky Sports his move to Swansea is officially off and he wants to join Liverpool.

I mean that's pretty good news.

He was great at Reading and his and Shane Longs fee gave them the money to get the players that got them promoted last season.

Good signing for either Liverpool or Swansea but as been said before Rodgers holds the key to this transfer as he nutured him at Reading

I think he would be a good signing' date=' he showed a glimpse of his potential last season for Swansea and scored some great goals. I can't believe he is only 22, seems like he has been around a long time.[/quote']

Does he play free role is Swansea?

I think so, around attacking mid, or just behind the striker.

I just found out:

"Clarke leaves Liverpool

Scottish coach follows Dalglish through the exits at Anfield

Rodgers has yet to name a number two but Liverpool and the 39-year-old's former club Swansea have agreed a compensation package which sees three of his trusted staff move to Anfield, including his Liberty Stadium assistant Colin Pascoe.

Performance analyst Chris Davies and head of sports science and medicine Glen Driscoll have also linked up with the Reds."

I think so' date=' around attacking mid, or just behind the striker.[/quote']

We already have Gerrard, Cole and Suarez to play in the 'hole'. But I guess it will be no harm, looking at the price and the age. Would be happy for the lad if he ended up joining us in near future. :D

Yeah, Gerrard is not getting any younger, and although i agree Gerrard is best in the free role, he is great anywhere in Midfield. Cole can play out wide, and Suarez needs to be as close to goal as possible, he is a class finisher and is one of the best inside the box, but he isn't the quickest or the strongest and although he has good link up play i believe he is the one player we need in the box as much as possible.

Yeah' date=' Gerrard is not getting any younger, and although i agree Gerrard is best in the free role, he is great anywhere in Midfield. Cole can play out wide, and Suarez needs to be as close to goal as possible, [b']he is a class finisher[/b] and is one of the best inside the box, but he isn't the quickest or the strongest and although he has good link up play i believe he is the one player we need in the box as much as possible.

Last season suggest the other way around..

Last season suggest the other way around..

Amen to that, besides the fact he's SCUM, he's probably one of the worst finishers in the EPL this season.

2011/12 - Suarez - 104 (Shots) - 11 (Goals) - 11.4% (Efficiency) - 9.5 (shots per goal)

Definitely not the stat's of a world class finisher, the only reason his goalscoring record looks so good (at Ajax) is because he takes so many shots on goal he has to get lucky eventually.

Amen to that' date=' besides the fact he's SCUM, he's probably one of the worst finishers in the EPL this season.

2011/12 - Suarez - 104 (Shots) - 11 (Goals) - 11.4% (Efficiency) - 9.5 (shots per goal)

Definitely not the stat's of a world class finisher, the only reason his goalscoring record looks so good (at Ajax) is because he takes so many shots on goal he has to get lucky eventually.[/quote']

What the stats and the finishing abilities from last season have to do with you labeling him as a scum?

Have you seen the Daily Star front-page? A story about how Dani Pacheco called Johnson 'the n-word' while he was actually wishing him good luck + calling him an affectionate term... And now there's 'a race row':rolleyes: http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/593813816.jpg?key=640800&Expires=1339050536&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=cUbc9dAYtzBxC0VGdFBsKqi6mw-KSqkmJNOOABJK2psyjxKdm-VaLPy1xKLMPjDBah1VJh7w1Q~8b8H28WtQHUgVJ4-PvAseEHQDz6wrko3Kz8VUjXUzDsVA46QwK4hemnsmWSI6V2AH4UCqBq373d9GfX9AvIGxY9HrIPZuOj8_

Amen to that' date=' besides the fact he's SCUM, he's probably one of the worst finishers in the EPL this season.

Definitely not the stat's of a world class finisher, the only reason his goalscoring record looks so good (at Ajax) is because he takes so many shots on goal he has to get lucky eventually.[/quote']

I would argue everyone stats from last year will not show there actual ablilty or at least potential ability. Suarez was very unlucky in alot of games last season, with him and Liverpool hitting the post the most times out of any team in the league. Watch him you can see he is a top class finisher. And inside the box he can trouble any defenders. If you did watch him last year i can't see how you can argue against that.

You would of thought that people would of learned from the Suarez incident regardless of the context it was used in !

I have a feeling that this will become another debate about Suarez but I'll try not to bring him up.

Johnson speaks Spanish and Pacheco has called him that word many times, they both know very well what it means between them. Pacheco shouldn't be denied from speaking his native language and especially to someone who speaks the same language, no matter how publicly you do it.

I have a feeling that this will become another debate about Suarez but I'll try not to bring him up.

Johnson speaks Spanish and Pacheco has called him that word many times' date=' they both know very well what it means between them. Pacheco shouldn't be denied from speaking his native language and especially to someone who speaks the same language, no matter how publicly you do it.[/quote']

I dont doubt they are friends and Johnson understands the true meaning of the word. He isnt being denied anything, but when your a footballer in your in the public eye and have responsibility. Considering the race row Liverpool have been involved he should of known better.

Its not the right message that he is sending out, because although this is in a friendly context, he is using a term that people within this country and many other countries find offensive.

Its not a assive deal, but it was stupid and naive.

Daft that there's being anything made of it. They were speaking Spanish, it was clearly used as a term of endearment and Johnson isn't at all bothered by it.

Seems much more 'racist' to not accept the notion that other cultures might be different to ours to me...

I dont doubt they are friends and Johnson understands the true meaning of the word. He isnt being denied anything' date=' but when your a footballer in your in the public eye and have responsibility. Considering the race row Liverpool have been involved he should of known better.

Its not the right message that he is sending out, because although this is in a friendly context, he is using a term that people within this country and many other countries find offensive.

Its not a assive deal, but it was stupid and naive.[/quote']

I do see where you're coming from but it's not half as stupid Daily Star making front-page news of this.

Daft that there's being anything made of it. They were speaking Spanish' date=' it was clearly used as a term of endearment and Johnson isn't at all bothered by it.

[b']Seems much more 'racist' to not accept the notion that other cultures might be different to ours to me[/b]...

Exactly.

Daft that there's being anything made of it. They were speaking Spanish' date=' it was clearly used as a term of endearment and Johnson isn't at all bothered by it.

Seems much more 'racist' to not accept the notion that other cultures might be different to ours to me...[/quote']

I agree fully with this. If the person receiving the 'gesture' isn't insulted or offended, i don't see how or why anyone else has to make a big deal out of it. He didn't do or say anything wrong!