Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Seems much more 'racist' to not accept the notion that other cultures might be different to ours to me...

If I was to use that word, people would find it offensive. People in our culture, where they live and work could find it offensive and thats the important thing. Not me personally, but generally speaking. It wasnt malicous but it was a daft thing to do.

If I was to use that word' date=' people would find it offensive. People in our culture, where they live and work could find it offensive and thats the important thing. Not me personally, but generally speaking. It wasnt malicous but it was a daft thing to do.[/quote']

Not if you used it whilst speaking in Spanish to someone who was familiar with the term as one of friendship.

If I was to use that word' date=' people would find it offensive. People in our culture, where they live and work could find it offensive and thats the important thing. Not me personally, but generally speaking. It wasnt malicous but it was a daft thing to do.[/quote']

Well tbh those people should just get over it then. Im sorry, but people get offended too easily and create big over reactions out of nothing. He wasn't being racist, he isn't racist and the person involved wasn't offended, to my understanding what he was saying was positive and what Suso said, affectionate, there is really nothing wrong with what he said or did in my opinion.

Not if you used it whilst speaking in Spanish to someone who was familiar with the term as one of friendship.

Except he did it over twitter, where not all of there followers speak or read spanish......

People getting offended by the use of a term that in our culture can be deemed as racist are not in the wrong really.

They shouldnt be offended if they take it in context, but it was a daft situation to put himself in,

Except he did it over twitter' date=' where not all of there followers speak or read spanish......

People getting offended by the use of a term that in our culture can be deemed as racist are not in the wrong really.

They shouldnt be offended if they take it in context, but it was a daft situation to put himself in,[/quote']

A spanish person speaking spanish over twitter what a racist moron!! :rolleyes: If people have a problem with him speaking his own language then arn't they the racists??:eek::)

A spanish person speaking spanish over twitter what a racist moron!! :rolleyes: If people have a problem with him speaking his own language then arn't they the racists??:eek::)

Wow, Im not quite sure how to respond to that post ?

Your coming across a little dim.

I personally see now issue with him using a term that spanish speaking people find endering.

1) Where did I state he was a racist ?

2) Where did I state he was a racist for speaking his own language ?

3) If I was to call him a racist, which im not it would be for the use of a term people within the country he lives and plies his trade find offensive. Or some do.

4) Just because you dont like a certain language doesnt make you racist, makes you an idiot

Point is he used a term many find offensive publicly

Wow' date=' Im not quite sure how to respond to that post ?

Your coming across a little dim.

I personally see now issue with him using a term that spanish speaking people find endering.

1) Where did I state he was a racist ?

2) Where did I state he was a racist for speaking his own language ?

3) If I was to call him a racist, which im not it would be for the use of a term people within the country he lives and plies his trade find offensive. Or some do.

4) Just because you dont like a certain language doesnt make you racist, makes you an idiot

Point is he used a term many find offensive publicly[/quote']

I wasn't saying you did call him racists. And i was being sarcastic about people not liking him speaking his own language. Im not the only one coming across a little dim...:rolleyes:

I wasn't saying you did call him racists. And i was being sarcastic about people not liking him speaking his own language. Im not the only one coming across a little dim...:rolleyes:

Yeah, course you was being sarcastic sugar ;)

So your whole response to my post was irrelevant ( as you wasnt saying I called him a racist, not to mention I didnt even bring up people calling him a racist ) and sarcastic ... apparently.

So sorry for not seeing your fantastic use of whit.

Seriously though, your the only one looking dim.

I agree whole heartedly with Ste G.

Yeah' date=' course you was being sarcastic sugar ;)

So your whole response to my post was irrelevant ( as you wasnt saying I called him a racist, not to mention I didnt even bring up people calling him a racist ) and sarcastic ... apparently.

So sorry for not seeing your fantastic use of whit.

Seriously though, your the only one looking dim.

I agree whole heartedly with Ste G.[/quote']

I was refering to you saying:

"People getting offended by the use of a term that in our culture can be deemed as racist..." Therefore it was relevent. maybe you should read your owns posts aswell as mine before trying to act clever :rolleyes:B)

Not sure what to make of this supposed Diame signing.

a moneyball buy...

he has quite a few admirers in the prem, im hoping he does a decent job as a squad player and we end up selling him for a profit.

for a freebie, i think he is pretty decent. could do alot worse...

a moneyball buy...

he has quite a few admirers in the prem' date=' im hoping he does a decent job as a squad player and we end up selling him for a profit.

for a freebie, i think he is pretty decent. could do alot worse...[/quote']

But he has a serious heart problem that is the reason United won't sign him because they found it during a medical when he was going to sign.

To be honest for that reason alone we should leave him be

But he has a serious heart problem that is the reason United won't sign him because they found it during a medical when he was going to sign.

Why is that? The person himself know what he is doing. He want to play football. If not he can already stop all the rumors and said he want to quit. We should respect him and his courage.

If Kenny and Fergie want him,he must be decent. (but not sure where does this United-Diame rumors comes from).

But heard he asking for something like 60k/week. That's quiet big chunk of money. Might be another Voronin, Jovanovic or Cole.

there are plenty of pro athletes who are discovered to have heart problems but still have a normal career. the most famous imo is Kanu. he still had an illustrious career.

Diame's transfer to wigan in 09 was put on hold because of his heart condition so its not a new revelation, his heart condition has been known about since 2009, and wigan did all the necessary analysis & tests and obviously he was fine because they finalized the deal.

its just media hype after the recent tragedy of morosini, muambas miracle & shane long

Do you think Stoke were right to give Demba Ba a miss?

Very similar scenario (well, Ba's much better but the point stands :P).

Same scenario for the club if it were to go wrong though. A long' date=' perhaps permanent, spell out throughout which you'd have to pay his wages.[/quote']

But the point Is there's taking a risk on a guy with a dodgy knee, then there's taking a risk on a guy who could potentially die on the field. They are in fact 2 completely different scenarios.

But the point Is there's taking a risk on a guy with a dodgy knee' date=' then there's taking a risk on a guy who could potentially die on the field. They are in fact 2 completely different scenarios.[/quote']

But there you're taking a mediocre view of one and a very extreme view on the other. Not everyone with heart problems dies on the field and some with no previous heart problems unfortunately do.

From the club's point of view, not accounting for the possible grief and looking at it purely financially, the risk is very similar.

But there you're taking a mediocre view of one and a very extreme view on the other. Not everyone with heart problems dies on the field and some with no previous heart problems unfortunately do.

From the club's point of view' date=' not accounting for the possible grief and looking at it purely financially, the risk is very similar.[/quote']

Well forgetting what there problem is Ba is a good player, Diame isn't good enough to first team Wigan I wouldn't take him anyway. Then you add in the fact that he has a serious heart problem that has put many teams off buying him I wouldn't take the risk of having a player out for season after season or in the extreme case dying on the field.

Well forgetting what there problem is Ba is a good player' date=' [b']Diame isn't good enough to first team Wigan[/b] I wouldn't take him anyway. Then you add in the fact that he has a serious heart problem that has put many teams off buying him I wouldn't take the risk of having a player out for season after season or in the extreme case dying on the field.

You are wrong mate. Martinez drop him from the first team due to Diame refused to signed the contract. Not because he isn't good to be in first team.

At the second period of season, Matinez drop all the player that refused to signed the contract that been offered,that's including Diame.

He is Wigan main player since Martinez buy him in 09'.

First season : 34/38

Second season : 36/38

Final season : 26/38