Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

While I admit Kjaer and Agger massively impressed me' date=' if RVP and the rest of Holland were on there game they would have been destroyed, RVP found space between both of them on at least 4 occasions where his touch let him down. Agger was caught out of position a fair few times as well and Agger was covering Kjaer for most of that game. I still don't think he's worth signing but If Denmark do well and he improves on his link with Agger it maybe worth a punt.[/quote']

Trust Arsenal fan, it doesn't work, Djourou and Senderos, great partnership for Switzerland but horrible for Arsenal. It seems to work for great defenders but not mediocre ones, ie Puyol and Pique and Pepe and Carvalho (good for Club and Country) see what I'm getting at...

Apparently we are going to take a massive hit with Aquilani with Liverpool ready to sell him for 3 Million Pounds :rolleyes:

I tell you what' date=' whoever our negiotiater is needs shooting[/quote']

Well, if he's not in our plans, I don't see why not. You can add other £4m-£5m on top of that in terms of wages saved too...

Although I would like to see him given a chance under Rodgers.

Well' date=' if he's not in our plans, I don't see why not. You can add other £4m-£5m on top of that in terms of wages saved too...

Although I would like to see him given a chance under Rodgers.[/quote']

good player from what i saw overall in a red shirt but he is far to lightweight for the prem, plus to many injuries..

id rather a worse player who doesnt get injured as much/player who is a gamble on less wages than aqua...just take what we can get...dead weight otherwise.

Kalou would consider Reds.

Ivorian forward refusing to rule out Anfield move.

Kalou's agent:

"Of course Liverpool is a very big club, in terms of support and in terms of history.

"It is definitely positive to hear that a big club like them are showing an interest in Salomon, though it is too early to say anything definitive at this stage."

Do you guys want him?

PSG consider making a staggering move for Liverpool flop.

French giants Paris St. Germain are looking to make a shock move for Liverpool big money flop Andy Carroll as they believe that the player can be a catalyst to spur their European ambitions. According to reports in the French media, PSG are looking to submit a 20 million pound bid for the Liverpool striker, but are not willing to dish out a penny more as they are pondering over some other striker options.

Andy Carroll has been a huge disappointment since his huge money move to Liverpool from Newcastle United. The striker managed just four league goals for his club last season despite having no dearth of opportunities under Kenny Dalglish.

The player has failed to lead the line as well as the agile and dexterous Luis Suarez but has shown glimpses of promise. His hefty price tag is another issue that will irk Liverpool if they find themselves at the negotiation table which makes one believe that a move may need a fair deal of coaxing from PSG.

The French club are also looking at Real Madrid hot shot Gonzalo Higuain as the Argentine has found himself being used largely from the bench despite his excellent track record and media speculation has linked him with a move away. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is another earmarked property the club wish to own but convincing AC Milan to give up their main man will be difficult task.

PSG are mulling over some big name players as they attempt to pull off a Man City in the coming years. Andy Carroll could find a new lease of life at the club but one does believe his future in the next term lies in the red half of Merseyside.

From where does this comes from?

20M for Carroll? Any takers?

From my understanding PSG aren't too far away from a €25m move for Lavezzi, so they'd be, colloquilly, 'buck mad' to pay as much for a far lesser player who'll not get the right type of support to thrive. Not to mention how many fewer shirts he'd sell... :D

Googling 'Andy Carroll PSG' doesn't bring up anything resembling that story for me.

BTW - Liverpool, bring in Kjaer to pair with Agger and have an amazing CB pair. K, thnx.

BTW - Liverpool' date=' bring in Kjaer to pair with Agger and have an amazing CB pair. K, thnx.[/quote']

This has already been discussed.

Can't see us selling Carroll. Let alone getting £20m for him. Face facts, we are stuck with him and i hope he continues on from his form on the back end of last season. I think he could transform into a good striker if we give him the chance.

From my understanding PSG aren't too far away from a €25m move for Lavezzi' date=' so they'd be, colloquilly, 'buck mad' to pay as much for a far lesser player who'll not get the right type of support to thrive. Not to mention how many fewer shirts he'd sell... :D

Googling 'Andy Carroll PSG' doesn't bring up anything resembling that story for me.

.[/quote']

Your understanding ? Did you find out through all your contacts within the game. Why is it that on forums people feel the need to make out as if they have special connections within football when all you did was read an article.

Luis Suárez: A Creator, Not A Goalscorer | Opta Stats

It’s safe to say that Luis Suárez certainly had an ‘interesting’ 2011/12. After starting it by becoming a Copa America champion, as the domestic season unfolded he saw controversy follow him around, as it has continued to since his goal-line handball in the quarter-final of the World Cup in 2010.

As well as the heavily debated ‘Evragate’ and subsequent ban, he also received a further one game ban for giving the Fulham fans at Craven Cottage an unsuitable hand gesture (to put it as politely as I can).

One thing he didn’t do though, and that he was expected to, was score a bagful of goals.

Eleven strikes in the Premier League, scoring in just nine matches, put him joint fourteenth for goals scored and saw him finish behind far less heralded frontmen, such as Grant Holt and Danny Graham. On the other hand, he did create a lot of chances, and this is where I think Liverpool can reap greater benefit from the Uruguayan next season.

Below is a table of how many chances Suárez created in each of his league starts in 2011/12. Bear in mind that the top chance creator in the league (Juán Mata) averaged exactly three per game, according to whoscored.com, so that seems a reasonable target for a decent performance in chance creation terms.

Suarez-Chances-Created.jpg

In thirteen appearances out of a total of twenty-nine (or 45% of the time, in other words), Suárez matched or bettered the average for the top creator in the Premier League. It’s interesting to note that two of the five games where Suárez failed to create a chance were against Swansea City, so it would appear that Brendan Rodgers already knows how to nullify the threat posed by the Uruguayan at least.

However, I think that Rodgers could exploit Suárez’ skillset superbly. The Ulsterman favours a high pressing game, and Luis made thirty-one final third regains last season; more than any other player in the Premier League, and at least nineteen more than every other Liverpool player. The statistics show that Suárez is the top player in England for pressing high up the pitch, so Rodgers must be licking his lips in anticipation at working with him.

If the new manager plays Suárez at the left or right of a front three, then I think he can become the Reds’ key creator who should also get into double figures for goals too. This won’t eradicate Liverpool’s need for a prolific striker, but it should mean they make better use of the one world-class forward they currently possess, and that will be one step in the right direction for 2012/13.

I think Kalou will stay at Chelsea. Since Di Matteo got his job today. And he kind of Kalou's admirer. I don't think he will let Kalou go.

On another note.

Arry leaves Spurs. That's mean we can sneak into top 5 next season. :P

Spurs are nothing without him plus they need to play in Europa Cup too. Same with us but without Arry they will surely struggled. :D;)

from the LFC site, I know all of them except 1 (i wont say which ;) ) (trying get it without googling :P)

1. Who was the first Liverpool player to appear in the Euros?

2. Who was the first Liverpool player to score in the Euros?

3. Which former Reds skipper made just one appearance for England in Euro 96?

4. Which future Reds midfield maestro had a penalty saved by David Seaman in Euro 96?

5. Which Red hit five goals in Euro 2004?

6. Which Red made his Euro finals debut against Germany in 2000?

7. Which Kop legend managed England at Euro 2000?

8. How many Reds appeared for England during the 1980 finals in Italy?

9. Which Euro 96 star played at Anfield during the tournament and then signed up for LFC?

10. Which Euro 92 winner was signed by Graeme Souness?

I think Kalou will stay at Chelsea. Since Di Matteo got his job today. And he kind of Kalou's admirer. I don't think he will let Kalou go.

On another note.

Arry leaves Spurs. That's mean we can sneak into top 5 next season. :P

Spurs are nothing without him plus they need to play in Europa Cup too. Same with us but without Arry they will surely struggled. :D;)

he's already left, been released. a free agent now.

this is the side that i would love to see liverpool field next season.

Reina

Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique

Aquilani - Elm

Gerrard

Hoilett - Carroll - Suarez

Hoilett has moved to Germany and will now be playing CL football, I also think Lucas should (and deserves) to be part of the main 11

he's already left' date=' been released. a free agent now.[/quote']

Not official released yet. His contract expired on 30 June.

his is the side that i would love to see liverpool field next season.

Reina

Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique

Aquilani - Elm

Gerrard

Hoilett - Carroll - Suarez

Hoilett already left for Borussia Mönchengladbach. Lucas should be in there. :)