Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

from the LFC site' date=' I know all of them except 1 (i wont say which ;) ) (trying get it without googling :P)

[b']1. Who was the first Liverpool player to appear in the Euros?

2. Who was the first Liverpool player to score in the Euros?

3. Which former Reds skipper made just one appearance for England in Euro 96?

4. Which future Reds midfield maestro had a penalty saved by David Seaman in Euro 96?

5. Which Red hit five goals in Euro 2004?

6. Which Red made his Euro finals debut against Germany in 2000?

7. Which Kop legend managed England at Euro 2000?

8. How many Reds appeared for England during the 1980 finals in Italy?

9. Which Euro 96 star played at Anfield during the tournament and then signed up for LFC?

10. Which Euro 92 winner was signed by Graeme Souness?[/b]

I'm not even born yet. :eek: That will make it 3 question. lol

this is the side that i would love to see liverpool field next season.

Reina

Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique

Aquilani - Elm

Gerrard

Hoilett - Carroll - Suarez

Out of all the outfield players, Lucas is my first name on the team sheet. He needs to be in there.

from the LFC site' date=' I know all of them except 1 (i wont say which ;) ) (trying get it without googling :P)

I[b'] will have a go although im confused by questions 1+2 do they mean this Euro's or ever!! Current or ex players!![/b]

1. Who was the first Liverpool player to appear in the Euros?

Daniel Agger V Holland under the presumption we are just talking this Euro's.

2. Who was the first Liverpool player to score in the Euros?

None of ours has in this Euro's.

3. Which former Reds skipper made just one appearance for England in Euro 96?

I think it might be Redknapp, i remember Ruddock didnt make it so going for Redknapp

4. Which future Reds midfield maestro had a penalty saved by David Seaman in Euro 96?

The Legend Gary Mac

5. Which Red hit five goals in Euro 2004?

Milan Baros-remember he was good once!

6. Which Red made his Euro finals debut against Germany in 2000?

Captain Fantastic Stevie G

7. Which Kop legend managed England at Euro 2000?

Kevin Keegan

8. How many Reds appeared for England during the 1980 finals in Italy?

No idea Il guess at 7

9. Which Euro 96 star played at Anfield during the tournament and then signed up for LFC?

Patrik Berger

10. Which Euro 92 winner was signed by Graeme Souness?

Denmark so I am going for that Liverpool Legend :rolleyes: Torben Piechnik (dunno about the spelling)

The way Rodgers played with Swansea in the midfield was 2 c'ms and a am. Lucas is defiantly better suited in dm, and is at the point at his career where he won't improve much more. Aquilani is a perfect fit for the style Rodgers plays, and is much more creative than Lucas. Now anyway, I'm going to make a few changes to the lineup, forgot holier moved:eek:

Reina

Johnson-skrtel-agger-Enrique

Aquilani-shelvey/elm

Gerard

Affelay-Carroll- Suarez

The way Rodgers played with Swansea in the midfield was 2 c'ms and a am. Lucas is defiantly better suited in dm' date=' and is at the point at his career where he won't improve much more. Aquilani is a perfect fit for the style Rodgers plays, and is much more creative than Lucas. Now anyway, I'm going to make a few changes to the lineup, forgot holier moved:eek:

[center']Reina

Aquilani-shelvey/elm

Gerard

Affelay-Carroll- Suarez [/center]

I still think that midfield would get destroyed against any top side, Lucas is better than Aqualini for us and is MILES ahead of Shelvey, Lucas is still young and will of course get better, not really sure why you think that as hes not even in his prime years yet and has improved more than any other LFC player over the last few years, I dont think he will just stop.

Aqualini if anybody is the one who wont get any better

The way Rodgers played with Swansea in the midfield was 2 c'ms and a am. Lucas is defiantly better suited in dm' date=' and is at the point at his career where he won't improve much more. Aquilani is a perfect fit for the style Rodgers plays, and is much more creative than Lucas. Now anyway, I'm going to make a few changes to the lineup, forgot holier moved:eek:

[center']Reina

Aquilani-shelvey/elm

Gerard

Affelay-Carroll- Suarez [/center]

Aquilani and Shelvey in front of Lucas........

Astonishing thats all I have to say.....astonishing

tbh i just want shelvey to reach his full potential. take dani pacheco for example. not given enough 1st team chances' date=' and what was one of the hottest young talents now finds himself out on loan to average sides every season.[/quote']

huh? when was he a hot young talent? he gets loan out and cant get a game there either., i wouldnt call Norwich & Rayo Vallecano average although going to those clubs helped likes of Kyle Walker, Joel, Jorge Pulido no end....

Jack Wilshere took a decent spell at 'average' Bolton...

id send him there, Owen Coyle does well with youth player from bigger clubs, Miyachi did well this season

tbh i just want shelvey to reach his full potential. take dani pacheco for example. not given enough 1st team chances' date=' and what was one of the hottest young talents now finds himself out on loan to average sides every season.[/quote']

yeah Shelvey looks like he could become a decent player, I think he will get enough game time if hes good enough anyways, we will need a decent squad this season especially with the direopa league as well

Sigurdsson, should he complete a move to Anfield, will not be Rodgers's only acquisition this summer, but he admits there are unlikely to be wholesale changes. He added: "There are a few players who can come in and improve the group straight away. I know the types of player I need to bring here to make us function well and that's something myself, the club and the board will look at.

"I know what we've got, more or less, in the squad, but I also know there are a couple of signings that could really improve what we do. That's something we'll work together on over the course of the summer and hopefully we can get one or two in."

Liverpool, meanwhile, are expected to appoint Dave Fallows, currently the first team scouting and recruitment co-ordinator at Manchester City, as head of scouting and recruitment as Rodgers's back-room team comes together. Fellow City employee Barry Hunter, who is the club's chief scout for Italy, Switzerland and Russia, is also expected to be reunited with Rodgers, a former colleague at Reading.

And..........

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says Joe Cole will be given the chance to prove himself at Anfield after a successful loan stint at Lille.

:)

Why have you lot been playing Andy Carroll's useless twin brother all season? :confused::P

It's Ok you can apologise for your disparaging comments on Carroll in the England thread in your own time ;)

In all seriousness England are useless, the midfield is absolutely shocking Stevie is the only one with any genuine quality, hell if I have seen two worse performances by an England player in tournament football than Ashley Young's is highly doubtful. Now people hailing Theo Walcott as some kind of savouir.....deary me

Anyway enough of that judging by the two games I have seen of Rasmus Elm in this tournament I think we would be well advised to steer well clear.....distinctly average is being kind :o

It's Ok you can apologise for your disparaging comments on Carroll in the England thread in your own time ;)

In all seriousness England are useless' date=' the midfield is absolutely shocking Stevie is the only one with any genuine quality, hell if I have seen two worse performances by an England player in tournament football than Ashley Young's is highly doubtful. Now people hailing Theo Walcott as some kind of savouir.....deary me

[b']Anyway enough of that judging by the two games I have seen of Rasmus Elm in this tournament I think we would be well advised to steer well clear.....distinctly average is being kind[/b] :o

You said we dodged a bullet with Jelavic :eek:

Judging somebody on 2 games surrounded by average players (bar Ibra) isn't the way, he'd be a completely different player next to Gerrard and infront of Lucas

Edit; Plus we have signed players off the back of good Tournaments before and failed, Diouf and Diao anyone?

Lucas is probably our most important player and that showed throughout the second half of the season (easily one of our best as well). If we had the choice to keep one central midfielder in our team it would be him. I also don't see why some Liverpool fans think Aquilani is some amazing player. He obviously doesn't want to be here, injured constantly and obviously cannot adapt to the country/league.

I agree with Ray as well about Elm. Also heard that he has a weak mentality and we cannot be doing with any more players like that at the club.

You said we dodged a bullet with Jelavic :eek:

Judging somebody on 2 games surrounded by average players (bar Ibra) isn't the way' date=' he'd be a completely different player next to Gerrard and infront of Lucas

Edit; Plus we have signed players off the back of good Tournaments before and failed, Diouf and Diao anyone?[/quote']

I never said we dodged a bullet with Jelavic :confused:

I said I don't think we should sign him and he has done a lot better thN I expected but then with Carroll we don't need a similar type of striker so my view still stands, Jelavic had a great run but people are going OTT with him.

I have never seen Elm before so what else am I supposed to use to judge him out of interest?

in the two games this tournament he has been anonymous and worse than average. I have seen nothing in his game thus far to suggest he would be a good addition, no discernible qualities. he is playing with better players with his country than he would with Alkmaar.

All I said was based on what I have seen in the Euro's I ain't seen anything to make me think he would be a step up on what we already have, plus he can't pass a ball for toffee this tournament which given Rodgers style of play can't exactly be a help.

Ben Smith of BBC says that the fee for Sigurdsson will be £8M+. He also says we're in for Joel Pohjanpalo' date=' which is great news:)[/quote']

Gylfi Sigurdsson, who appeared to be on his way to Swansea, is speaking with Liverpool and other Premier League clubs.

Having spent the second half of the 2011/12 season on loan at the Liberty Stadium, the Swans made the acquisition of Sigurdsson's services on a permanent basis a top summer priority.

A club record £6.8million fee was agreed with Bundesliga outfit Hoffenheim, with then Swans boss Brendan Rodgers prepared to spend big in order to get his man.

Rodgers has, however, since left his post in South Wales to take charge of Liverpool.

Discussions

Doubts were immediately raised regarding Sigrdusson's deal with Swansea, with it expected that an approach from Anfield would be on the cards.

Rodgers announced on Friday that he would not hijack any deal that had been put in place, but he is prepared to pounce if the 22-year-old becomes available.

It appears that is now the case, with it understood that transfer talks are being held between Liverpool and Sigurdsson's representatives.

The Reds are not the only side in the running, though, with a man who netted seven times in 19 appearances for Swansea last term generating plenty of interest.

AUGUST

18 West Brom (A)

25 Manchester City (H)

SEPTEMBER

1 Arsenal (H)

15 Sunderland (A)

22 Manchester United (H)

29 Norwich City (A)

OCTOBER

6 Stoke City (H)

20 Reading (H)

27 Everton (A)

NOVEMBER

3 Newcastle United (H)

10 Chelsea (A)

17 Wigan Athletic (H)

24 Swansea City (A)

27 Tottenham (A)

DECEMBER

1 Southampton (H)

8 West Ham (A)

15 Aston Villa (H)

22 Fulham (H)

26 Stoke City (A)

29 QPR (A)

JANUARY 2013

1 Sunderland (H)

12 Manchester United (A)

19 Norwich City (H)

29 Arsenal (A)

FEBRUARY

2 Manchester City (A)

9 West Brom (H)

23 Swansea City (H)

MARCH

2 Wigan Athletic (A)

9 Tottenham (H)

16 Southampton (A)

30 Aston Villa (A)

APRIL

6 West Ham (H)

13 Reading (A)

20 Chelsea (H)

27 Newcastle United (A)

MAY

4 Everton (H)

12 Fulham (A)

19 QPR (H)

The Christmas period is thankfully not looking that tough. Can't complain.

Gylfi Sigurdsson' date=' who appeared to be on his way to Swansea, is speaking with Liverpool and other Premier League clubs.

Having spent the second half of the 2011/12 season on loan at the Liberty Stadium, the Swans made the acquisition of Sigurdsson's services on a permanent basis a top summer priority.

A club record £6.8million fee was agreed with Bundesliga outfit Hoffenheim, with then Swans boss Brendan Rodgers prepared to spend big in order to get his man.

Rodgers has, however, since left his post in South Wales to take charge of Liverpool.

[b']Discussions[/b]

Doubts were immediately raised regarding Sigrdusson's deal with Swansea, with it expected that an approach from Anfield would be on the cards.

Rodgers announced on Friday that he would not hijack any deal that had been put in place, but he is prepared to pounce if the 22-year-old becomes available.

It appears that is now the case, with it understood that transfer talks are being held between Liverpool and Sigurdsson's representatives.

The Reds are not the only side in the running, though, with a man who netted seven times in 19 appearances for Swansea last term generating plenty of interest.

Supposedly United are interested, I'd rather him go there and I think it would be a better move him. I know Kagawa's gone there but with Joe Cole and Aquilani set to come back in to things at Liverpool, he'd probably play more first team football there.

We're certainly not going to get him. Not a major concern really though, Laudrup will have to spend the same sort of money on his replacement and can get someone with the attributes to suit his style of play.

Supposedly United are interested' date=' I'd rather him go there and I think it would be a better move him. I know Kagawa's gone there but with Joe Cole and Aquilani set to come back in to things at Liverpool, he'd probably play more first team football there.

We're certainly not going to get him. Not a major concern really though, Laudrup will have to spend the same sort of money on his replacement and can get someone with the attributes to suit his style of play.[/quote']

Aquilani won't be here at the start of next season, I'm fairly sure of that. And I wouldn't be surprised if Cole isn't here either and even if he was, I doubt he's good enough to be a starter so I think Sigurdsson shouldn't worry whether he's going to get enough game time.

EDIT: You have to take this next bit with a pinch of salt because this could easily be some nobody trying to get publicity, but anyway have a read (it says Gylfi is coming to LFC 100%): http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294192.msg10500189#msg10500189