• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I dont like things like this personally, dont get me wrong i will be watching with interest as with every other football fan as it should offer a unique insight into the day to day running of the club but I always think it is better to keep things in house.

Anyhow Toni Silva has left today to join Barnsley in other news.

I dont like things like this personally' date=' dont get me wrong i will be watching with interest as with every other football fan as it should offer a unique insight into the day to day running of the club but I always think it is better to keep things in house.

Anyhow Toni Silva has left today to join Barnsley in other news.[/quote']

the kid had rave reviews, i guess he was miles down the pecking order though. i think he will do well in the Championship.

He obviously plays an important part in Rodgers' system' date=' is it really that hard to see? I'd love to see him here for £10mill.

Some updates on transfers from Rory Smith: [url']http://www.lfcts.com/transfer-news-carroll-adam-dempsey-and-allen/[/url]

I'd love to be wrong, but it just seems another average overpriced signing, theres a tradition at the club of atleast 1 arriving every year.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/906106-liverpool-make-early-move-for-brazilian-internet-star-william-mclaren

Arguably the best aspect of this story is that the real name of the Liverpool-bound 15-year-old is William Oliveira Souza, but in true Brazilian style he has been nicknamed William McLaren due to his speed along the ground.

Very funny indeed.

Forget about all the Allen and Dempsey small saga transfer.

We just secured another sponsor.

Have been really pleased with how FSG managed to attract all the sponsor for a short time since his arrival to the club.

To name a few, we already have:

3K Battery - Thailand's one of the biggest company.

Garuda Indonesia* - Indonesia's biggest airline company.

(each big team have their personal airlines sponsor : Arsenal - Fly Emirates, Man Utd - Turkish Airlines, Man City - Ettihad Airways)

Standard Chartered - One of the big bank around the world (?).

(IMO - it is not really wise to strike a deal with another bank company since Barclays already sponsor EPL, so this will ruled out Liverpool for any Barclays personal marketing).

(but the work around the world have been really amazing! - like Seeing is Believing campaign.)

Warrior Sports - Record breaking shirt deal. Nuff said.

and the latest one:

Chevrolet - One of the biggest automotive manufacturer around the world.

(each big team have their own automotive manufacturer sponsor at some point : Fiat/Jeep - Juventus, Volkswagen - VfL Wolfsburg, Audi - Man Utd, Citroen - Arsenal)

(few month back Chevy already struck a deal between Man Utd to replaced Audi, now it show that, even without European football for years, we still can attract big name around the world, hope we can do the same with player!)

Really, really happy with the way club moving forward! Can't be surprised if we managed to struck a deal with Swatch next!

One the side note:

Chevy manufacture one of my favorite car - Chevrolet Impala 1967. Of course the car from Supernatural TV Series. :D

Apparently we've agreed a 13.5 Million Pound fee for Joe Allen

Thats too much honestly but if Rodgers needs him to get the system working then so be it.

If that includes Charlie Adam going the other way it's well worth it. I doubt Laudrup would be so stupid though.

I honestly don't think Allen is that over priced at 13.5m. Think he is very similar to Carrick (who i think is very underrated) and he cost the mancs 18 million about 5/6 years ago!

Carrick had a lot more PL experience though, 13.5m is a hell of a lot of money for someone who has only played 1 year in the PL. However I think it will be a good signing for you as he knows your manager well and he fits in to his style of play.

I'd much rather Rodgers sign a player for £13.5m that he knows, than a player for £8m who he doesn't know.

Rodgers will know how to get the best out of Allen. If he can emulate his game from last season he might be a success, although i don't think some Liverpool fans will grow to him straight away.

What does this signal for Henderson though? I'd say it all but signals the end for Adam. Even though Rodgers chose Adam above Henderson against Toronto...

I'd much rather Rodgers sign a player for £13.5m that he knows' date=' than a player for £8m who he doesn't know.

Rodgers will know how to get the best out of Allen. If he can emulate his game from last season he might be a success, although i don't think some Liverpool fans will grow to him straight away.

What does this signal for Henderson though? I'd say it all but signals the end for Adam. [b']Even though Rodgers chose Adam above Henderson against Toronto...[/b]

Hopefully only because Hendo played in the Euros.

I still believe in Hendo...think he will come good in time.

Hopefully only because Hendo played in the Euros.

I still believe in Hendo...think he will come good in time.

Agreed.

Me too always believe in the potential of Henderson, he is still young and have plenty to learn for and if given opportunity, he can excel under Rodgers guidance.

Also, Hendo with all European player given few weeks rest.

I honestly don't think Allen is that over priced at 13.5m. Think he is very similar to Carrick (who i think is very underrated) and he cost the mancs 18 million about 5/6 years ago!
I was thinking that, but i didn't think Carrick was worth anywhere near that either.

Good comparison though.