• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Rodgers: We will replace Andy Carroll. We have a number of targets. We hope to conclude them tomorrow. #LFC

Clint Dempsey should complete his move to #LFC tomorrow.

Sky Sports understands Liverpool lining up a move for Chelsea's Daniel Sturridge as replacement for Andy Carroll. #LFC

Kopwatch seem to have been pretty accurate thus far, from the sound of things there will be 2 coming in but I'm really not convinced about Sturridge's credentials as an out an out goal scorer. For me he's a wide man so kind of hoping we go for someone else.

So much to talk about with Liverpool. We must be was of the most intresting (if not enjoyable) teams to support in europe!

Not sure what to think sbout Carroll, he allways gave his best for us and i think he could do really well at the right place. Its annoying that it is still very inconclusive.

We will buy a striker tomorrow which is very exiting. We will probably bring in a couple more players.

I honestly don't see how Liverpool will benefit from loaning out Carrol.

He's not the best player in the world but he offers something different to Liverpool.

He's not a bad striker and he's been treated rather poorly I feel by Rodgers.

It's a shame loanees can't play against their parent club because I would have loved him to score the winner against you guys. Not because I dislike Liverpool but because he deserved a chance at Liverpool and wasn't given it.

Brendan Rodgers will be under a lot of pressure now to produce Swansea like football for Liverpool and win games after a move like this.

I can't see Andy returning to Liverpool and I can't say I blame him

Honestly can't understand how you can say he's been unfairly treated. 44 BPL appearances for him, 26 being starts, and only 6 goals. That's an abysmal record and for the first half of last season it didn't even look like he cared nor was trying. I'll quite frankly be happy to see the back of him, as he is an overpriced waste of cash and will never be good enough to play at the top level IMO. Everyone says "oh but on his day...". Yeah, but how often have we seen him "on his day" in the 1.5 years at Anfield? You could count it on 1 hand I'd think.

What an interesting day:

Firstly tonight's game, no other words to describe it really woeful and fairly embaressing up there, as good as we were on Sunday we were just plain ordinary (being kind) tonight.

Still we got through that's the main thing, although it was quite disturbing in many aspects which as it's late at night I cant be bothered to dissect at this moment in time.

Dissapointed to see Carroll leave on loan, whilst I fully appreciate the fact that we MUST have someone in place to come in, I have heard distinctly bad rumours that it is Daniel Sturridge and the papers in Liverpool are hearing it to that extent. Now I am not Andy's biggest fan as everybody knows and sadly I have been proven right that he would not make it here, but i will say this much I much prefer him to Sturridge :o

We needed another forward player before he left, so IMO we need at least two face it if Suarez got injured then currently we would be proverbally stuffed. Borini aint ready, Morgan really should be nowhere near the first team and Yesil whilst I have heard promising things again has barely played first team football so cant really be considered an option at this stage.

If spearing/Adam leave then believe it or not I think we will be light in midfield, we must keep one especially with the doubts over fitness of Lucas and Sahin/Gerrard's injury records.

Whatever happens we are in for a massive day tomorrow and transfer deadline day is a must watch i have already arranged to leave work at 2.30 to come home and watch all the fun occur. there is a 4 hour :eek: programme on LFC TV from 7PM with regards to the transfer window, I think that in itself indicates the club expect A LOT of activity tomorrow both in's and out's.

I dream of fernando...before anybody worries not torres, Llorente :)

Honestly can't understand how you can say he's been unfairly treated. 44 BPL appearances for him' date=' 26 being starts, and only 6 goals. That's an abysmal record and for the first half of last season it didn't even look like he cared nor was trying. I'll quite frankly be happy to see the back of him, as he is an overpriced waste of cash and will never be good enough to play at the top level IMO. Everyone says "oh but on his day...". Yeah, but how often have we seen him "on his day" in the 1.5 years at Anfield? You could count it on 1 hand I'd think.[/quote']

Yeah he was overpriced but how is that his fault?

He's a good player not a world beater but certainly a good player and he does have good control for a guy of his size and with confidence he can score goals for fun for example at Newcastle.

He was 21 when he was bought for 35M and he was bought by Liverpool to replace Fernando Torres. That is an immense amount of pressure for any player let alone someone that young.

Rodgers hasn't even tried to play him properly and some of the balls being played by Liverpool are screaming out for a bigger CF to head.

Suarez is not a prolific scorer he's technically sound but lacks a sharp finish and so a time will come where in a tight game you might need to lump balls into the box and try and bombard a goal and with Suarez that won't work.

Even if you bought in Dempsey he's not an aerial threat nor is Sturridge and I just feel that without Carroll you will be short of options in attack and will be forced into one way of playing and with your current players I don't see how you are suited to Swansea's style.

Reina never makes mistakes :rolleyes: He barely ever let's us down :rolleyes: It's the defences fault as well :rolleyes:

Is all I heard last season when I critisised Reina for his dreadful performances' date=' he needs to buck his idea's up.

PRAISE THE LORD FOR SUAREZ, Count your blessings Reina[/quote']

Nobody ever said he never makes mistakes because ALL players and Goalkeepers make mistakes.

People (inc me) stuck up for Reina after the stick you was giving him was because it was his first half poor season since he joined us and even then it wasn't like he made millions of mistakes.

When Man Utd fans were backing there new GK who was making wayyy more Mistakes than you was our GK who has been amazing for us.... that speaks volumes im affraid.

We are all allowed our opinion granted, but Suarez's finishing is more costly last season and this season then Reina's error's by far

I guess I'm just different, unless a player is not trying or doesn't care I will always stick up for them during bad patches, weather its a manager or a player.

"Unfortunately for goalkeepers, they [mistakes] are part and parcel of the game. There is no blame attached. Sometimes when they make a mistake, it leads to a goal, but if an outfield player makes a mistake they've got their mates to help them recover.

Didn't say it was his fault. Just stating that he wasn't worth near the amount of cash that we paid' date=' implying that cutting our losses is a good idea.[/b']

He's a good player not a world beater but certainly a good player and he does have good control for a guy of his size and with confidence he can score goals for fun for example at Newcastle.

Hasn't looked anything like scoring goals for fun since he got here anyway.

He was 21 when he was bought for 35M and he was bought by Liverpool to replace Fernando Torres. That is an immense amount of pressure for any player let alone someone that young.

Yes, there's a difference between struggling with pressure and just playing horribly, though. I think people are far too lenient on Carroll, especially those looking from out with the club.

Rodgers hasn't even tried to play him properly and some of the balls being played by Liverpool are screaming out for a bigger CF to head.

It's BR's prerogative to sell him if he thinks he doesn't fit the system..

Suarez is not a prolific scorer he's technically sound but lacks a sharp finish and so a time will come where in a tight game you might need to lump balls into the box and try and bombard a goal and with Suarez that won't work.

Carroll's certainly not prolific either. Take a look at his record for us and some of the chances he didn't put away last year...

Even if you bought in Dempsey he's not an aerial threat nor is Sturridge and I just feel that without Carroll you will be short of options in attack and will be forced into one way of playing and with your current players I don't see how you are suited to Swansea's style.

& RE the last point: The vast majority of our players like to play quick passing football; you're quite frankly wrong.

None of this is Rodgers problem though' date=' just like any other manager he has watched everyone in training and spoken to all of them and has decided on who he thinks can take the club forward.

Look at how Fergie does it, even if the players have been with him for years and he just decides the next season he no longer wants them he just gets rid of them, has done on many occasion and its worked amazing for him.

prices tags and expectation can not be used for an excuse for him because for 80% of the season he simply didn't give a ........ and barely put any effort in, the cup final against Cardiff showed this after Suarez did some amazing work and got the ball in the box then looked in horror as Carroll was just stood outside the box, not making any run and not even looking or giving a ....

with your current players I don't see how you are suited to Swansea's style.

Exactly,which is why hes trying to overhaul the squad so we do have players who will and can play to his style.

I don't want Sturridge, but if Rodgers can get him scoring goals, and if those goals win us games we can't really complain can we? However until he proves me otherwise i still think he's a lazy arrogant tool. Think there might be a surprise on the cards today though, i really do.

I guess my main cause for concern is in the Rodgers system there are a lot of crosses to go with the short passing and a lot of Swansea's goals last season came from Danny Graham getting on the end of a cross.

If Liverpool are looking to emulate this style of football it surely makes sense to keep Carroll?

Also while Liverpool players might fancy themselves to be quick short passing players they really, really are not.

The only Liverpool player NATURALLY suited to the quick short passing game is Allen.

The rest of the players are either technically not sound enough or they are too physical to be burdened by a constant requirement to play intricate football.

At this moment Liverpool are still lacking the cutting edge needed , some player really need a kick in the back side.

I strongly believe we need a good competitive back up goal keeper to make Reina consider his palce in the starting 11. The lad makes a lot of mistakes nowadays and really needs to focus. At the moment he won't be taken over by Doni but if it was the case at United where De gea started and had some sloppy games Lindegaard came in and from that made De gea focus and become better. We need that to happen for Reina.

Personal belief is that we have always need a clinical forward since Torres left and we haven't got one yet. Some players who are in the market at the moment fit the bill however lack of goals from Midfield is a worry as well. Iv always felt a forward(who isnt english because of the price) should come in and place center while Suarez is at the right and get a new winger for the left. Really should of bought Adebayor for 5m when the chance was there to pounce. A proven goal scorer with years left in him for a cut price. Doumbia , Huntelaar and Llorente would be good additions. Llorente is linked to a move out , Doumbia is a fast clinical forward with good experience but feel Hunt may not move.

I like the fact that the gaffer is letting kids have a go on the big star to impress. Sterling is the big star to come out but hes not going to play week in and week out even though id like to see him more than Downing ;) . Johnson would of been a vital player for 10m which was a miss now but replacement could be on the wing the polish winger Kuba from the german champions. wonderful winger with good vision and a great shooting ability in him.

My personal deadline day transfers would be Butland coming in but leaving on loan to Birmingham for the season then coming back to be the understudy to Reina. Kuba to play on the wing for Liverpool. Doumbia as the front man to score those important goals.

Tony Barrett@TonyBarretTimes Liverpool reduced to trying to take Sturridge on loan after attempted swap deal for Dempsey fails.

Well, that's some progress.

Apparently, Fulham want Liverpool to include Hendo in the deal for Dempsey.

I'd say bug off!

I want Hendo to stay, and the report also said that, Hendo reject the offer to play for Fulham. Good one lad.

Well' date=' that's some progress.

I'd say bug off!

I want Hendo to stay, and the report also said that, Hendo reject the offer to play for Fulham. Good one lad.[/quote']

Why not Berbatov people? He would have scored a lot of goals for you!

What a player Liverpool has in Sterling!!

17 years old with the personality of a grown player, not afraid to dribble whoever is on his way and shoot on goal.

I agree with those who mention that Carroll gives Liverpool another way of playing but what he costed and his wages are really worthy of having him on the bench just for certain ocassions? If Liverpool manages to get a good deal to transfer him out or loan him out, i think is good but Liverpool could certainly use someone with good aerial capabilities to have just in case.

On a very good point Gerrard seems in great fit! Even when Hearts is not really an strong opposition, i was impressed with Gerrard's stamina, speed, dribbling and compromise with the game.

Shelvey and Allen partnership looks real good.

Suarez really needs to put more of his chances inside the net but at least he appears when the team needs him the most. If Sterling becomes a starter, pay attention to this partnership because is real promising.

I guess my main cause for concern is in the Rodgers system there are a lot of crosses to go with the short passing and a lot of Swansea's goals last season came from Danny Graham getting on the end of a cross.

If Liverpool are looking to emulate this style of football it surely makes sense to keep Carroll?

Also while Liverpool players might fancy themselves to be quick short passing players they really' date=' really are not.

The only Liverpool player NATURALLY suited to the quick short passing game is Allen.

The rest of the players are either technically not sound enough or they are too physical to be burdened by a constant requirement to play intricate football.[/quote']The first part is basically what i wrote in an article on my site.

The second part...:

I'd like to hope we have a group of footballers who are at least able to pass the ball in tight areas once they get the confidence to. If a professional footballer can't do that then you have to wonder how he got signed up by anyone in the first place.

Most have the ability, but it's the confidence to do it, or courage as Rodgers keeps referring to it as.

We can buy some players who already have it, but we should be able to instil it into some existing players as they should be quite good at football.

For the last time Danny Graham isn't a target man, none of his goals last season were with his head and the only one of our wingers who could cross the ball was Wayne Routledge who wasn't a regular last season. We didn't play the ball up long to Graham from defence last season, it just didn't happen. All you really seems to be basing that Graham is a target man is that he's 6'0' tall.

I told you that Carroll didn't fit in to Rodgers style of play some time ago, and that if he stayed with you he'd have been awful. He needed to go. He'll fit in perfectly at West Ham, and you should be able to sell him on for more than West Ham's clause to buy him next season if they turn that down.

Well' date=' that's some progress.

I'd say bug off!

I want Hendo to stay, and the report also said that, Hendo reject the offer to play for Fulham. Good one lad.[/quote']

Yes, i would like him to stay. Its so annoying he is still being played on the wing:rolleyes:

Sturridge on loan wouldnt be bad but i would still want another striker.

EDIT: Adam is having a medical at Stoke right now. 5m move.

For the last time Danny Graham isn't a target man' date=' none of his goals last season were with his head and the only one of our wingers who could cross the ball was Wayne Routledge who wasn't a regular last season. We didn't play the ball up long to Graham from defence last season, it just didn't happen. All you really seems to be basing that Graham is a target man is that he's 6'0' tall.

I told you that Carroll didn't fit in to Rodgers style of play some time ago, and that if he stayed with you he'd have been awful. He needed to go. He'll fit in perfectly at West Ham, and you should be able to sell him on for more than West Ham's clause to buy him next season if they turn that down.[/quote']I don't think he said Graham is a target man.

All i've been saying that a centre forward can fit into this style of play. I think Carroll could as i've written about on my site so not going to repeat that here.

I think there are two positions in this system (not necessarily the Swansea system but the one we seem to be playing) which have a certain amount of freedom. The centre forward and the more attacking midfielder.