• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Official news regarding Insua:

Liverpool have today agreed a fee for the sale of Emiliano Insua to Serie A side Fiorentina.

The left-back is now en route to Italy to discuss personal terms.

A club spokesman said: "We have agreed a fee for the sale of Emiliano Insua to Fiorentina and given them permission to speak with the player.

"Emiliano has now left our Swiss training camp and we'll make further comment when appropriate."

Insua arrived in January 2007 from Boca Juniors and has since played 62 games, with one goal to his name against Arsenal in last season's Carling Cup.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/breaking-insua-fee-agreed

Liverpool game called off - despite the LFC website saying it'll kick off at 6pm :(. I was looking forward to seeing Lucas as captain.

I think Remy is a fantastic signing (if we get him) for Liverpool he is a fantastic prospect i just hope Liverpool use him to his potential putting him upfront with a world class striker in Torres (if he stays) would help him and Liverpool.

Have we signed Jovanivic?

Yes. He has signed and is training with the squad in Switzerland. :)

Sweet

Any plans for LB's seeing as though Insua is off and Aurelio is sure to join him' date=' was thinking Konchesky? we can get him cheap plus he is distinguished although not Liverpool standard?[/quote']

Oh how I'd hate Konchesky here.

Aurelio is already gone. ;)

Taiwo has been brought up on this thread, but sadly I think we'll end up with Konchesky. :o:(

Oh how I'd hate Konchesky here.

Aurelio is already gone. ;)

Taiwo has been brought up on this thread' date=' but sadly I think we'll end up with Konchesky. :o:([/quote']

Wow already? Ive been on the xbox far tooooooo long, I think Konchesky could prosper at Liverpool I hope to hell that Torres and Gerrard stays as do all LFC Fans

I think Remy is a fantastic signing (if we get him) for Liverpool he is a fantastic prospect i just hope Liverpool use him to his potential putting him upfront with a world class striker in Torres (if he stays) would help him and Liverpool.

Have we signed Jovanivic?

agree with the point about remy,hes a great prospect;)

In terms of a left-back, would you fancy getting Bridge if Kolarov joins City?

Also, I think you're making a mistake selling Insua. Alright, maybe he doesn't look great now, but he's young, and is a really great prospect, shown by the fact he's already been looked at by Maradona. Yes, he may have his faults, but as he gets older and develops he will become a better player and overcome those faults. I seriously think Liverpool may regret this one. Even if you still want a new left back, you should keep Insua as he can learn from him and would be an excellent 2nd choice LB to have, and later down the line Insua would become first choice.

In terms of a left-back' date=' would you fancy getting Bridge if Kolarov joins City?

Also, I think you're making a mistake selling Insua. Alright, maybe he doesn't look great now, but he's young, and is a really great prospect, shown by the fact he's already been looked at by Maradona.

That drug-addled egotistical nutcase used 107 players during qualifying. So the fact that Insua was "looked at" means nothing.

fat-maradona_1018141i.jpg

In terms of a left-back' date=' would you fancy getting Bridge if Kolarov joins City?

Also, I think you're making a mistake selling Insua. Alright, maybe he doesn't look great now, but he's young, and is a really great prospect, [b']shown by the fact he's already been looked at by Maradona[/b]. Yes, he may have his faults, but as he gets older and develops he will become a better player and overcome those faults. I seriously think Liverpool may regret this one. Even if you still want a new left back, you should keep Insua as he can learn from him and would be an excellent 2nd choice LB to have, and later down the line Insua would become first choice.

the likes of demichelis, otamendi, gutierrez start for argentina, whilst zanetti, samuel cambiasso are left out, shows a lot of skill by maradona doesnt it:rolleyes:, the guys just a fan, shouting on the touchline in a suit, so what if he called up insua, in the end, the guy wasnt fit enough to wear the pool jersey, end of

To be honest Maradona does deserve a bit more respect than that. He got his team to the quarters of the WC' date=' better than established managers like Lippi, Domenech and Capello.

Do you really not think he's going to become a top left back?[/quote']

as soon as they came up against quality opposition they got torn apart, theywere lucky against mexico in that they got given an offside goal, also mexico hit the post a few times, the only thing that got argentina to the quarters was the attacking potency of the argies.

To be honest Maradona does deserve a bit more respect than that. He got his team to the quarters of the WC' date=' better than established managers like Lippi, Domenech and Capello.

Do you really not think he's going to become a top left back?[/quote']

there are too many players at liverpool who also need to be got rid of, ngog is another 'young' player who needs to go, el zhar is another

there are too many players at liverpool who also need to be got rid of' date=' ngog is another 'young' player who needs to go, el zhar is another[/quote']

I'd keep N'gog myself and use him like Chelsea use Sturridge as a sub when things are going well, give him another season to improve, as to be fair to him he did ok last season when called upon, at least he looks the part, Insua just looked lost all the time, and I got slated for saying that about Insua this time last year

I'd keep N'gog myself and use him like Chelsea use Sturridge as a sub when things are going well' date=' give him another season to improve, as to be fair to him he did ok last season when called upon, at least he looks the part, Insua just looked lost all the time, and I got slated for saying that about Insua this time last year[/quote']

tbh, i wouldnt mind if we had sturridge, hes 10 times better than ngog

Who here would hate to see J. Cole coming here? It would be okay for me if he asked something like 60k per week but I would never give him 90k or even more. He's money hungry and injury prone and if he came here it would mean we probably wouldn't sign Turan or Ruiz who I'd love to see here. The Remy deal seems to be close, apparently we need to up our bid by a couple of millions and he's ours.

We should loan N'gog out. WBA is interested in taking him on loan and it would be the perfect place for him to improve next season

tbh' date=' i wouldnt mind if we had sturridge, hes 10 times better than ngog[/quote']

You must be watching different players to me then. Either that or you're getting caught up in the usual media hype around young English players. The only reason N'gog was shown to be poor, was because he was thrust into must win games and the starting line-up far too many times at this tender age. As Simon says, Sturridge was used when there was no pressure on him (game already won or meaningless games). Personally, I feel N'gog is exactly where he should be in his development and unlike Insua, I feel the Premiership will suit him. He's not a 2nd or 3rd choice striker yet and should be used sparingly.

Unfortunately we do not have the luxury of Drogba, Anelka, Kalou etc as first choice strikers and only have Torres ahead of him. As a result he's forced to play more than he should at this age abd therefore is shown up more. I'd actually have Sturridge and N'gog roughly on the same keel at the moment :) . And whereas, Sturridge can only really improve his finishing and pace characteristics, N'gog could work on many more and potentially could become a more all-round striker than Sturridge. I also can't think of many strikers who have scored and been part of a winning team against Man U at this tender age :)

You must be watching different players to me then. Either that or you're getting caught up in the usual media hype around young English players. The only reason N'gog was shown to be poor' date=' was because he was thrust into must win games and the starting line-up far too many times at this tender age. As Simon says, Sturridge was used when there was no pressure on him (game already won or meaningless games). Personally, I feel N'gog is exactly where he should be in his development and unlike Insua, I feel the Premiership will suit him. He's not a 2nd or 3rd choice striker yet and should be used sparingly.

Unfortunately we do not have the luxury of Drogba, Anelka, Kalou etc as first choice strikers and only have Torres ahead of him. As a result he's forced to play more than he should at this age abd therefore is shown up more. I'd actually have Sturridge and N'gog roughly on the same keel at the moment :) . And whereas, Sturridge can only really improve his finishing and pace characteristics, N'gog could work on many more and potentially could becoem a more all-round striker than Sturridge. I also can't think of many strikers who have scored and been part of a winning team against Man U at this tender age :)[/quote']

I totally agree with this. Its the English media messing with your mind over their desperation of good english players.

I think N'Gog, as stated in the post has shown to be on par with Sturridge ad I feel he has more potential. N'gog has had a lot more pressure on him and did relatively well when called upon. Most strikers, when filling in for Torres, won't look fantastic in comparison. I think this is where Remy could come in handy. Depending on what formation Roy wants to play, we have one extra step down before N'Gog allowing him to play a more Sturridge like role.

However in saying that, loaning N'gog to WBA could be great as he could get regular game time. It could be really helpful to his development, playing week in week out with less pressure on him.