Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Super Sunday summed up the whole history of the Premiership... Totally inept refs getting 90% of the decision wrong and a perfectly good match winning goal being discounted for us yet Man U are given a totally unquestionably offside goal.

Cant believe Phil Neville booked for diving though! The impression I have had from the media the past few weeks is Suarez is the only player to ever dive in history.

His dive today was disgraceful, Moyes never touched him.

Im sorry' date=' i dont think Jones has improved at all since his days here. Boro fans were complaining he wasnt good enough for us when we were in the championship. Never mind him [b']playing for such a big club in the premier league[/b]. (Albeit as back up)

He plays for an average mid-table club - can more than hold his own at that level.

However I agree that he would not play for a Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs;)

I don't think Brad Jones is a long term number 1 for Liverpool, however with Reina's form i hope he can continue to work hard and performs admirably enough when called upon. Against Reading he made a 1 on 1 save i don't think Reina on current form would have made, which meant we hung on to the win.

I'd much prefer to have Doni back instead of Jones or Reina at the moment.

much better mate :) ' date=' you might actually get a bite with that one ;)[/quote']

He wont....

His patter lately is boring, predictable and all been seen/heard before.

At first it was funny, then it was slightly irritating and now for most of us it is just an irrelevence.....

Must try harder.

“I thought the Luis Suarez celebration was great,” said Moyes. “I actually quite like that. It's the sort of thing I might have done if I had scored.

Read somewhere in this thread, someone said it was stupid. :rolleyes:

Even Moyes think it was great. Maybe after his captain was booked for simulation, thought he would need to changed his approach. :P

Decent point yesterday, as said considering the difference in experience, away from home etc all things considered was a good point.

We were robbed in the last minute, no other explanation for it other than the Linesman completely bottled it. See the goal goes in he has his flag down and then starts running back towards the centre circle before a last second "change of heart" complete bottle job. I dont blame the ref at all for that simply the Linesman is a bottle job.

Dont think Everton can complain about luck either there second goal was our throw in as well, so had more than there fair share yesterday. Having said that yet again we should have defended better but Enrique just completely switches off, with the first goal the fault in my view has to go to Jones, first rule never punch the ball back into the danger area. The simple reality is he despite being a very nice bloke is nowhere near Reina's level as a keeper. If you go back through Jones's games for us he has made a lot of mistakes, they simply dont get highlighted as much as Reina's because Reina is more "high-Profile".

I werntoverly-impressed with Everton. They showed all the usual fighting qualities, good charachter but in essence all they really had was a punt into the box and hope Fellani/Jelavic make the most of it. The only time i really felt in danger was set-pieces they never really opened us up in open play at all bar one quality move in the 2nd half where Skrtel made a fantastic clearence. This was especially more evident when Miralles went off who had wisdom on toast to be fair. Was surprised Wisdom wernt taken off at half-time.

The changes made in the 2nd half helped to negate Everton's momentum at the end of the first half. Coates helped us be more solid aerially which as I say was the only place the threat was coming from. Thought Shelvey did well also much more disciplined display.

It was fairly obvious why Henderson was brought on and not Assiadi, henderson offers a lot more defensively and it was also trying to negate the threat of baines, whilst Assiadi is a good outlet I certainly wouldnt be wanting him to play wing-back as henderson did just asking for trouble.

For me our MOTM was Skrtel had a great game. Suarez was again top class, guy is a genius. Box-office player absolutely loved the goal celebration was top-class humour. If you give it out as Moyes did you have to be able to take it and TBF he took it al in good spirit.

Still keeps up the good recent run and considering the circumstances/squad we have it is more and more encouraging. I suspect it will be all change against Swansea mind you need to keep Gerrard/Suarez wrapped in cotton wall.

Watched First Half and then watched my own game against WBA,so can't really comment on the second half as well as the first.

First off cracking game from both sides,however if anyone on here is complaining about the goal which they would be correct to do so,they have to bare in mind Liverpool should have been down to nine men by that stage,Sterling should have been booked for the dive which Osman got booked for (laughable decision.),then of course there's also the one he did actually get yellow carded for (I actually though that was a harsh.),and the other tackle afterwards on Jagielka,have to say that accumalates to a red card for me.

Suarez also commited a yellow card offence beforehand (MOTD 2 only shown on analysis afterwards.),then of course the tackle on Distin which is a straight red for me,rakes the back of the ankle with no intention to win the ball,for his all quality as a footballer these actions one day will cost Liverpool valuable points and needs to be curbed out for the good of LFC,Although I have to say his dive in front of Moyes was hilarious :D.

Simply put both sides can have a case for been wrongly treated by the referees in this game,and therefore I think on the balance of play I saw a draw was a fair result.

Watched First Half and then watched my own game against WBA' date='so can't really comment on the second half as well as the first.

First off cracking game from both sides,however if anyone on here is complaining about the goal which they would be correct to do so,they have to bare in mind Liverpool should have been down to nine men by that stage,Sterling should have been booked for the dive which Osman got booked for (laughable decision.),then of course there's also the one he did actually get yellow carded for (I actually though that was a harsh.),and the other tackle afterwards on Jagielka,have to say that accumalates to a red card for me.

[b']Sterling did get clipped as proven by Sky/BbC Osman stood on the back of his foot so your analysis is incorrect.[/b]

As for being sent-off you are joking if he gets sent-off for those two "tackles" then every single game we would end up with 3 against 3 or something of that ilk. Every single tackle nowdays seems to be a yellow card offence. It is supposed to be a man's game and neither foul was a yellow or malicious in any extent

Suarez also commited a yellow card offence beforehand (MOTD 2 only shown on analysis afterwards.),then of course the tackle on Distin which is a straight red for me,rakes the back of the ankle with no intention to win the ball,for his all quality as a footballer these actions one day will cost Liverpool valuable points and needs to be curbed out for the good of LFC,Although I have to say his dive in front of Moyes was hilarious :D.

Suarez was more debateable and you have a case there, having said all that I honestly believe he starts to slip as he goes to make the tackle but as it is Suarez people will always think the worst and yes that is mostly of his own making.

As for the celebration cant believe anybody would complain, when managers were criticising klinsmann then he started to dive in front of dug-outs everybody thinks it's hilarious, now because Luis does the same people are moaning, do me a favour. It was top notch comedy and Moyes TBF took it brilliantly, all banter.

Simply put both sides can have a case for been wrongly treated by the referees in this game,and therefore I think on the balance of play I saw a draw was a fair result.

Balance of play yes, but we were still robbed at the end and anybody who denies that is on a parallel universe. I aint sure what we have to do to get a decision this season, if they say it evens out over the course of a season we must be due a bucket load of "dubious" decisions. I think maybe the solution is to put AON on the front of our shirts then we will get everything :o

Balance of play yes' date=' but we were still robbed at the end and anybody who denies that is on a parallel universe. I aint sure what we have to do to get a decision this season, if they say it evens out over the course of a season we must be due a bucket load of "dubious" decisions. I think maybe the solution is to put AON on the front of our shirts then we will get everything [/b']:o

Here's where it gets trick for me Ray with all of this diving nonsense,I saw Torres get clipped yesterday and booked for falling to the ground as the force of the challenge dictates,I believe with Sterling the gap between getting clipped and then going to the ground was way too big in all honesty and therefore when he could have carried on he flung himself to the ground and dived which is a yellow card,I believe the other two fouls he commited warranted a total of a yellow card which along with the dive would make it red card overall.

As for Suarez he deserved to get sent off,they were both yellows at least and he shouldn't have been on the pitch when he put the ball in the net.

The referee had a bad game for both sides but I was just trying to be devils advocate Ray :).

He plays for an average mid-table club - can more than hold his own at that level.

However I agree that he would not play for a Utd' date=' City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs;)[/quote']

Is your life that dull that you constantly have to troll on this thread trying to annoy Liverpool fans? Getting quite boring now tbh..

Is your life that dull that you constantly have to troll on this thread trying to annoy Liverpool fans? Getting quite boring now tbh..

T'was a more than fair riposte to the post claiming he was playing for a big PL club.

Yes 'big' can apply as in Nottm Forest and Aston Villa are 'big' clubs, but in terms of big as in 'contenders' or 'better' clubs Jones is at neither.

Here's where it gets trick for me Ray with all of this diving nonsense' date='I saw Torres get clipped yesterday and booked for falling to the ground as the force of the challenge dictates,I believe with Sterling the gap between getting clipped and then going to the ground was way too big in all honesty and therefore when he could have carried on he flung himself to the ground and dived which is a yellow card,I believe the other two fouls he commited warranted a total of a yellow card which along with the dive would make it red card overall.

[b']But the point is he clearly didnt dive, he was clipped same with Torres. The Torres incident is even worse, you know he has been clipped just by Evans (who must have some kind of magnetic forcefield around him protecting him from bookings/sendings offs) reaction. Evans immediately puts his hands up and starts looking/pleading at the referee. It is much like Suarez the majority of the time they are caught/clipped it is the "theatrics" of how they go down that poses the problem.[/b]

But Sterling/Torres were both caught.

As for Suarez he deserved to get sent off,they were both yellows at least and he shouldn't have been on the pitch when he put the ball in the net.

I disagree but I accept there is definetly an argument for it,

The referee had a bad game for both sides but I was just trying to be devils advocate Ray :).

Both sides come on all the big decisions Goal/game changing decisions all went Everton's way. Got a goal from a throw-in that wernt theres, before Suarez sticks the ball in for the first it is a stone-wall penalty for a foul on Sterling by Baines and obviously the "offside" goal.

We have had the benefit in last years game of the stupid decision to send off Rodwell, but Everton have had some and more yesterday.

I thought a point was fair, and i'd have taken that before the game.

Can understand and accept most of the decisions except the offside at the end. It was simply the linesman not doing his job.

He didn't put his flag up, he knew it wasn't offside. Suarez turned away celebrating, Distan looked gutted, but the linesman decided to disallow the goal seconds later even though he'd already made the correct decision by not raising his flag.

Can understand stuff like the throw in as it's impossible to tell with those.

Both sides come on all the big decisions Goal/game changing decisions all went Everton's way. Got a goal from a throw-in that wernt theres' date=' before Suarez sticks the ball in for the first it is a stone-wall penalty for a foul on Sterling by Baines and obviously the "offside" goal.[/b']

We have had the benefit in last years game of the stupid decision to send off Rodwell, but Everton have had some and more yesterday.

Baines could also have had a penalty off a challenge by Skrtel. He definitely caught him and was nowhere near the ball. More contact than the foul on Sterling that got Osman his yellow.

I also think Suarez should have walked.

I think the conclusion we can take from this game, and in fact the games around the world this weekend, is that too many decisions are being made which is ruining the game and producing unfair results for many clubs. Things need to be looked at, a few things that should happen straight away.

Swearing at the ref becomes a red card offence, it will soon stop.

If you are retrospectively judged to have dived by a panel of ex players you are given a 1 game ban.

Goal line technology.

A video ref for major decisions

By the way I like how yesterday everton fans chant "cheat" at suarez but then the everton defenders appeal for suarez being offside when they know he wasnt, lying, cheating. Not to mention Neville...

Swearing at the ref becomes a red card offence' date=' it will soon stop.

If you are retrospectively judged to have dived by a panel of ex players you are given a 1 game ban.

Goal line technology.

A video ref for major decisions[/quote']re 1st It already is in the rules, just needs applying.

Agree with other 3

Baines could also have had a penalty off a challenge by Skrtel. He definitely caught him and was nowhere near the ball. More contact than the foul on Sterling that got Osman his yellow.

I also think Suarez should have walked.

What you mean the one in the second half where nobody appealed??

If even the fans aren't vocally appealing think it says enough...

If you gave a PK for that the game would become a Joke. You might have 10-12 a game.

Sorry not having that as for Suarez I disagree but I can see why you or anybody else could argue the merits on that one.