Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Sterling never dived against Osman, he was running fast and his heel got clipped it knocked him off balance he lost his footing and fell. Simple as that. Same for 98% of these 'blatant' dives that gets everybody's knickers in a twist.

If you ever play sports you will understand it does not take a lot to trip up when your running at high speed. Professional runners that compete in athletics sometimes get a tiny clip from another runner and lose their feet then fall. Are they diving too?

By the way I like how yesterday everton fans chant "cheat" at suarez but then the everton defenders appeal for suarez being offside when they know he wasnt' date=' lying, cheating. Not to mention Neville...[/quote']

How do you know they didn't know he was onside? He wasn't closely marked and it's almost natural reaction to appeal. If the ball goes off the pitch from a challenge both players will always try and suggest that the ball should be theirs.

Did you watch Neville's post match interview. He completely accepted that he was a prat and said he thoroughly deserved the rant he got at half time from Moyes. It was very refreshing and showed more remorse than Suarez ever has despite far worse offences.

How do you know they didn't know he was onside? He wasn't closely marked and it's almost natural reaction to appeal. If the ball goes off the pitch from a challenge both players will always try and suggest that the ball should be theirs.

Did you watch Neville's post match interview. He completely accepted that he was a prat and said he thoroughly deserved the rant he got at half time from Moyes. It was very refreshing and showed more remorse than Suarez ever has despite far worse offences.

Basically what im trying to say is Suarez is pointed out all the time but I think that 99% of footballers would be dishonest in some way to benafit their team. I see it every week, Suarez cheats but so does pretty much everyone.

Unfortunately Liverpool needs to sell Suarez because the fact that he has become N#1 England's public enemy is affecting Liverpool as a whole. It is a shame for Liverpool because despite the way Suarez act in the pitch, he is enjoyable to watch not only for his skills but his desire to win every single day no matter what and gives everything out of him for that goal.

Best thing is Liverpool sells him and tries to find a good substitute.

Unfortunately Liverpool needs to sell Suarez because the fact that he has become N#1 England's public enemy is affecting Liverpool as a whole. It is a shame for Liverpool because despite the way Suarez act in the pitch' date=' he is enjoyable to watch not only for his skills but his desire to win every single day no matter what and gives everything out of him for that goal.

Best thing is Liverpool sells him and tries to find a good substitute.[/quote']

Massive facepalm...........

We want to become better so the best way is to sell our best and possibly only world-class player, our only goalscorer and mass creator of chances all because fans of other teams/the media dont like him....

I can tell you you are in percentage terms with about 0.0000001% of Liverpool fans would agree with you.

By the way I like how yesterday everton fans chant "cheat" at suarez but then the everton defenders appeal for suarez being offside when they know he wasnt' date=' lying, cheating. Not to mention Neville...[/quote']

Let's be honest things have been said about Neville he came out and apologized for it and Moyes had a go at him and I don't see anyone defending him. Whereas Suarez cheats majority of games so it is a fair assessment of him.

Unfortunately Liverpool needs to sell Suarez because the fact that he has become N#1 England's public enemy is affecting Liverpool as a whole. It is a shame for Liverpool because despite the way Suarez act in the pitch' date=' he is enjoyable to watch not only for his skills but his desire to win every single day no matter what and gives everything out of him for that goal.

Best thing is Liverpool sells him and tries to find a good substitute.[/quote']

I'd sooner be the most hated team on the planet than sell Suarez because of comments rivals have made about him. Let them hate, if he was on their team he would be defended by them as much as we do, we know as fans there are far worse things in the world, if people like Suarez are held in higher contempt than murderers and peados then there's something wrong with the population. At the end of the day it's only football. Suarez is a cult legend, same as any other 'cult' hero, ask United fans what they think about Cantona then ask rival fans the same question and the contrast will be amazing, ask United fans about Rooney and ask rival fans, ask Madrid fans about Pepe and ask rival fans end of the day it can be summed up in one word 'jealousy' because if Suarez played for United we'd hate him and they would love him. I'm sick of arguing about Suarez because end of the day he's our best player, the media always loves to hate a player and they've ran out of Barton stories with him in France so they will go for someone else. Managers will always make comments, doesn't mean we should listen, Fergie said we should sell Suarez why? Because that's one of their rivals best players leaving. Fergie moaned about the racism and handshake, then Ferdinand should be going as well as soon as he called Cole a 'choc-ice' and refused to wear a kick it out shirt and refused to shake Terry and Cole's hand in the proceeding match, managers will do anything to upset a rival club before a match or throw them off to make them slip up, it's the same here. Suarez is on great form and is a dangerous player comments are being made to upset his mindset. Nobody would be making comments if Suarez broke his leg and was out for the season.

Its obvious that Liverpool fans wont agree with me because Liverpool fans are great. His loyalty to Suarez is amazing and surely Suarez pays back with his football and always giving everything.

Thing here is that Suarez has England against him, and it is stupid to think that all this recent bad whistles are not related to Suarez persecution. Watching it from here it seems as England is trying to kick him out of the Premier League so i dont think all the harass and wrong doings will stop.

Dont think im against Liverpool, i used to like Man UTD and since im following Suarez career there, i've met very crazy red fans that made me give another glance to the team and really its hard not to have sympathy with a club with such a great logo like YNWA but unfortunately i dont see this thing changing and for the best of the player and team i think he should leave.

Just my two cents.

Its obvious that Liverpool fans wont agree with me because Liverpool fans are great. His loyalty to Suarez is amazing and surely Suarez pays back with his football and always giving everything.

Thing here is that Suarez has England against him' date=' and it is stupid to think that all this recent bad whistles are not related to Suarez persecution. Watching it from here it seems as England is trying to kick him out of the Premier League so i dont think all the harass and wrong doings will stop.

Dont think im against Liverpool, i used to like Man UTD and since im following Suarez career there, i've met very crazy red fans that made me give another glance to the team and really its hard not to have sympathy with a club with such a great logo like YNWA but unfortunately i dont see this thing changing and for the best of the player and team i think he should leave.

Just my two cents.[/quote']

If none of this uproar is affecting Suarez and it clearly is not,then why should he leave?

Get used to him staying.Ferguson,you and the rest of the British media and rival fans would love nothing more than him to leave.

Hilarious and brainless that you would expect Liverpool fans to agree with that notion.

Water off a ducks back for Suarez and the fact that he winds up opposition is mostly due to his ability.If he was an average player,there wouldnt be half the haters.

I think everyone can agree on the fact that he is a really good footballer' date=' but he is one of the biggest scumbags around. Best example of what you said would be Barton, an average player but still one of the most hated around.[/quote']

'Suarez is one of the biggest scumbags around'

I hope you mean designated on the football pitch.

Because if you go out of that small spectrum into the real world Suarez isn't even close.

Barton and Suarez aren't even close, Barton's misdemeanors have seen him behind bars something that won't be happening to Suarez. Barton is a scumbag , Suarez is not.

'Suarez is one of the biggest scumbags around'

I hope you mean designated on the football pitch.

Because if you go out of that small spectrum into the real world Suarez isn't even close.

Barton and Suarez aren't even close' date=' Barton's misdemeanors have seen him behind bars something that won't be happening to Suarez. Barton is a scumbag , Suarez is not.[/quote']

Of course he means on the football pitch,I think Cattermole is scum but yet off the field I don't know what life he has,how he is with his friends etc because it doesn't really matter.

If someone trys to cheat on the football pitch or break legs like in the case of Cattermole then people use words to determine what there on pitch actions are like,I'm sure Suarez doesn't dive around the house or when he goes around his mates house,same as I'm sure Cattermole wouldn't break his mates legs at there house either.

Just trying to deflect blame away from him by raising a point of view that wasn't even mentioned in the slightest and adds nothing to the debate you and Mar AFC are having.

Of course he means on the football pitch' date='I think Cattermole is scum but yet off the field I don't know what life he has,how he is with his friends etc because it doesn't really matter.

[b']Strong Assumption, it could easily be taken either way. He could think the guy is a scumbag full stop, I've talked to people who think Suarez is the worst person walking the earth, easy to assume that is not what Mar thinks.. [/b]

If someone trys to cheat on the football pitch or break legs like in the case of Cattermole then people use words to determine what there on pitch actions are like,I'm sure Suarez doesn't dive around the house or when he goes around his mates house,same as I'm sure Cattermole wouldn't break his mates legs at there house either.

Just a bit silly don't you think?

Just trying to deflect blame away from him by raising a point of view that wasn't even mentioned in the slightest and adds nothing to the debate you and Mar AFC are having.

Deflect blame away from whom? The point of view was in direct response to his comments on Suarez and progresses the debate if you can't see that your being a bit closed minded, I don't need to directly carry on a certain discussion, it can branch out. And I was debating with Mar it's a forum. ;)

Replies in bold mate

I guess you could take someone like Van Persi as an example. For many united fans he has probably gone from hated to loved...

I always admire a good footballer no matter where he plays. No reason to hate on him because he played for Arsenal who aren't even our rivals anymore

Luis Suarez: You Know What You Are?

There’s never been a player quite like Luis Suarez at Liverpool.

Well of course, we’ve had various, talented footballers that have possessed some of his components individually, but the eclectic and ferocious mix the Uruguayan possesses is as unique to him as it is entertaining to us.

Quick feet, entrancing skill, superb shooting, tuned aggression and a talent for the unexpected have been fused with an irrepressible desire to win football matches that few in the world possess, to make the insatiable Suarez one of the most likeable and gifted footballers of the 21st century.

At least, amongst his own fans.

Hand signals, chants, shouting and even coins rained down on Suarez as he weaved his magic upon the field of Liverpool’s arch rivals, in a typical Goodison Park derby.

A game like this never looks for pretty passing or technical brilliance, all it needs is a hero, a villain, and a talking point.

Suarez dutifully provided all three.

For the Liverpool fans, he was everything they wanted and needed from a player in a derby. Backed by a gritty, determined and passionate performance from his team-mates, he led the line with furious dedication. Whether dropping deep to trade off passes or latching on to balls over the top, Suarez was magnificent. He tracked back to tackle the ball out for a throw in. He chased lost causes. He was the first to everything that came his way, and once the ball was at his feet, he made sure that magic followed.

Consistently turning defenders, with his potent combination of quick feet and unpredictability, he gave Everton’s back four no room for complacency, proving a challenge to stop both on and off the ball.

He also scored. Somehow only once.

He first fired upon goal with a fierce volley that deflected in of the unfortunate Leighton Baines, and added to the travelling Kopites joy minutes later with a perfectly deft header to make it 2-0.

As for the Everton fans, they exhibited the kind of hostility that has followed the Uruguayan all season, and was doubtless stoked by the pre-match comments of David Moyes in relation to diving.

It was Moyes, not Suarez who emerged embarrassed when the latter hit the Goodison floor though. After putting Liverpool ahead, Suarez gleefully made his way to the sidelines, falling humorously to the floor in front of the Everton manager.

Brendan Rodgers would later call it “Scouse wit,” and it was. Reminiscent of Robbie Fowler’s sniffing celebration after scoring against the Blues in 1999, Suarez showed a sense of humour, the most potent retort of all, in celebrating his goal, and endeared himself even more to the travelling supporters while incensing the home fans.

Phil Neville later emphasised Suarez’s point by being booked for diving.

Meanwhile Marouane Fellaini kicked, shoved and wrestled players to the ground as punishment for them being quicker than him, deliberately kicking both Joe Allen and Raheem Sterling from behind. Yet it was Suarez, who several times did well to stay on his feet after cumbersome challenges, that remained a “cheat.”

And then there was that goal. The goal that was and the goal that wasn’t.

Smashing the ball into the roof of the net after a knock-down from Sebastian Coates, Suarez had done it. He peeled away celebrating as the ground shook with the joyful exuberance of his fans, for the game had been won, in dramatic, late and great fashion.

For a few seconds anyway. For the linesman had ruled offside, and the score remained at 2-2. Replays showed the linesman had been desperately incorrect, and the delay of the flag caused Gary Neville to suggest after the game that the official had “bottled it”.

Even Moyes conceded that Everton were fortunate not to have lost the game in that moment.

And what of Suarez? Angry, raging, in the referee’s face? No.

He smiled.

As he jogged back into position, he knew that he had been onside, and he knew the decision had gone against him unfairly, as it had time and time again this season.

It was the same smile that was spread across his face as he performed his diving celebration, and the same that he displayed when he was awarded a free-kick in the second half, pointing at himself as if to say “Me? Fouled? Why, thank you!”

Suarez’s humour didn’t end there. When a coin thrown from the stands landed in his proximity, he simply tucked it into his boot quietly and walked into the area, ready to try and get his head on the incoming corner.

As the boos, chants and insults of opposition fans rained down upon him, he concentrated on two things. First the game, and then his own fans.

Turning away from the hatred and bile, he looked towards the section of the ground bathed in the red of Liverpool, and waved.

For whatever reason, Luis Suarez is the pantomime villain of the Premier League. But where some players might crumble and tire from the constant battering, he simply stands firm, performs well, and scores goals. Opposition fans don’t like him? So be it. The people that matter appreciate and adore him for not only his footballing talent, but his unique and unbeatable desire and determination to win every game he participates in.

He is often criticised for exhibiting such anger in the face of decisions not going his way, of fouls not being given and such like, but Suarez has begun to simply laugh at such mistakes. Having been kicked from pillar to post for 90 minutes only to receive nothing, most players would be spitting blood, enraged and inconsolable. It is remarkable that the Uruguayans temperament is criticised under such ridiculous treatment from opposition players and referee’s, but it is.

Because the world needs a villain. The world needs a talking point. And right now, Luis Suarez is English football’s answer to both.

But to Liverpool fans, he is something else entirely.

Goals, assists, nutmegs, chance creations, and now comedy celebrations. He has been involved in 80% of Liverpool’s goals this season, and in his 4 derby games, he has been involved in six goals, with three of his own and three assists.

Luis Suarez, you know what you are?

Our hero.

http://thekop.liverpoolfc.com/_Luis-Suarez-You-Know-What-You-Are/blog/6433435/173471.html

This is probably true as everyone hates Rooney but we all love him.
I guess you could take someone like Van Persi as an example. For many united fans he has probably gone from hated to loved...
I quite like Rooney despite him playing for our two rivals, but Van Persie's always been a Twonk.

Or maybe he was just getting it of the pitch?

Is the most likely thing, these pictures annoy the hell out of me, this one, the Rooney one on why he doesn't sing the anthem or the Ronaldo one about his wage, made by idiots for idiots who will believe anything with #respect on the end.

#Respect B)