Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Why are you all so certain you'll sign this Remy?

As for formations' date=' I'd say the 4-4-2 diamond would be a good option, would work very nicely :) .

One great thing for Liverpool is the amount of depth they have in the midfield, which means things can be chopped and changed easily if things aren't working. Seriously, you have Lucas, Gerrard, Masch and Aqualani in the middle and Jovanovic, Riera, Babel, J.Cole and El Zhar on the wings. That is a seriously good midfield squad to have.

Do none of you's think Babel is going to be a regular starter this season?And I can't see this Jovanovic playing every week from the start.[/quote']

Masch, riera, babel, el zhar will all leave before the seaon starts...

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Masch' date=' riera, babel, el zhar will all leave before the seaon starts...[/quote']

I doubt both Babel and Riera will, one of them probably, most likely Riera. El Zhar will probably go. I'm still unsure about Masch...

But I bet your all over the moon about Joe Cole!! Bet Liverpool haven't made you this happy for a while. At least he didn't go to Spurs.

So glad we finally got Joe Cole. A guy I have wanted Liverpool to sign for 9-10 years, will be great supporting him.

Can't begin to think of the possible formations Hodgson might try, I hope Aquilani is involved though if he gets fit him and Cole would be a brilliant centre midfield pair.

It might not be most realistic but this is something I'd try to achieve:

Reina

Johnson - Carra - Agger - Maxwell

T. Motta

Gerrard - Aquilani

Kuyt______________Cole

Torres

Bench: Cavalieri/Gulacsi, Skrtel, Gonalons, Lucas, Maxi, Jovanovic/Babel, Remy

Brilliant signing, Noticed how its given everyone (Liverpool Fans) a bit of a lift?

Dont know exacly where hes gonna play though its hard to predict what team Roy is gonna be playing

Masch i think will definatley go and as long as we get a good deal for him then let him go, Lucas will be fine but Roy may want to bring in a DM (Cattermole?)

LB is top priority now, I would have Bridge here but its whether City let him go

Dont think we need another CB, Agger and Carra will be 1st choice this season i think but there the greek mosnter and skrtel to push them both for starting places!

This must be your season surely and Joe Cole your 1045647th final piece in the jigsaw. Congrats!

Come on Akash, us Liverpool fans aren't as deluded to think that one signing will suddenly convert us from mid table mediocrity to Premiership seasons. Getting back into the champions league is probably going to be our target.

There's as much chance of this being our season as there is of Dimitar Berbatov being in the EPL top three for either goalscoring or assists (next to nothing) :D

Come on Akash' date=' us Liverpool fans aren't as deluded to think that one signing will suddenly convert us from mid table mediocrity to Premiership seasons. Getting back into the champions league is probably going to be our target.

There's as much chance of this being our season as there is of Dimitar Berbatov being in the EPL top three for either goalscoring or assists (next to nothing) :D[/quote']

Was obviously a joke. I don't expect either Liverpool or us to be where near the title race come may.

I wouldn't rule that out. Hes always in and around in the asists chart (top 2 in the assist chart in his first season)

Was obviously a joke. I don't expect either Liverpool or us to be where near the title race come may.

I wouldn't rule that out. Hes always in and around in the asists chart (top 2 in the assist chart in his first season)

Just messing with you, lightening the mood before some other Liverpool fan came on and took offence :)

Although now you've said you wouldn't rule that out...:eek:

Reina

T. Motta

Gerrard - Aquilani

Kuyt______________Cole

Torres

Bench: Cavalieri/Gulacsi' date=' Skrtel, [b']Gonalons[/b], Lucas, Maxi, Jovanovic/Babel, Remy

doubt gonalons will leave lyon now he has a starting spot for them at DM Now that toulalan has been moved to CB.

Gerrard said of Cole: "It is a great signing for us. I know Joe well through the England set-up and have seen first hand just how good a player he is.

"He has proved his ability over many years in the Premier League - sometimes against us - so it will be fantastic to play alongside him in a red shirt for Liverpool."

Link to the full story here

Reina

T. Motta

Gerrard - Aquilani

Kuyt______________Cole

Torres

Bench: Cavalieri/Gulacsi' date=' Skrtel, [b']Gonalons[/b], Lucas, Maxi, Jovanovic/Babel, Remy

woul love it if we get motta in part of the deal which takes mash to inter, or mariga also, both are quality players, also motta has an ability to score goals also, just out of curiousity monster masche20, will u be changing ur name when mash leaves?

remy imo will offer much more that kuyt if he plays

Quite amazing really how one 'free transfer' can lift and excite such a great club at such extent,i know believe, if we either get remy or gervinho, that we possibly have the best mifield attack in the epl(providing we keep masch, which is possible), im actually quite excited at the amount of quality we have at our disposal, also 3 fantastic free transfers in the space of a few months, jova, maxi and cole has really bolstered our midfield, now that gerrard has said the inevetable that he wants to stay, hopefully torres will follow, and maybe, just maybe masch will also stay, if that is the case then i can say we will surely have the best 'spine' in league with the exception of our cb's in reina, masch, gerrard, torres.

Alot of credit has to go to Hodgson also who seems as though has almost steadied the ship already

Quite amazing really how one 'free transfer' can lift and excite such a great club at such extent' date='i know believe, if we either get remy or gervinho, that we possibly have the best mifield attack in the epl(providing we keep masch, which is possible), im actually quite excited at the amount of quality we have at our disposal, also 3 fantastic free transfers in the space of a few months, jova, maxi and cole has really bolstered our midfield, now that gerrard has said the inevetable that he wants to stay, hopefully torres will follow, and maybe, just maybe masch will also stay, if that is the case then i can say [b']we will surely have the best 'spine' in league[/b] with the exception of our cb's in reina, masch, gerrard, torres.

Alot of credit has to go to Hodgson also who seems as though has almost steadied the ship already

Tbf;

Cech - Terry - Essien - Lampard - Drogba

is better.

woul love it if we get motta in part of the deal which takes mash to inter' date=' or mariga also, both are quality players, also motta has an ability to score goals also, just out of curiousity monster masche20, will u be changing ur name when mash leaves?

remy imo will offer much more that kuyt if he plays[/quote']

I guess I could change my name if I can think of some good name but I'll still keep supporting Mascherano regardless of his club...

What line up do you think will play against Rabotnicki Kometal/Mika Ashtar? and also does anyone know if the game will be on normal tv? If it is it'll be on either channel 5 or ITV4. If not it'll be on sky/espn' date=' which i don't have. :o[/quote']

erm 5 usually covers EUROPA games - don't think there were many/any on Sky last year?

erm 5 usually covers EUROPA games - don't think there were many/any on Sky last year?

Well this is what it says on the channel 5 website -

You'll be able to catch the action on Five right up to the final. If you miss anything' date=' dont worry. We'll have all the highlights (for every game) here on five.tv/football for seven days after the final whistle.[/quote']

Seems like we're getting about £4 Million pounds for Insua then according to SSN' date=' so far I've heard us being linked with Taye Taiwo, Wayne Bridge and Paul Konchesky. Who would you lads (and girls if there are any on here?) prefer to see?[/quote']

Im not a Liverpool man myself but ive heard strong links with Koncheskey due to Roy being quite fond of him. He wouldnt be a bad signing but of of the ones youd mention id prefer Taiwo if they were my club.

Last season Bridge managed to make 41 crossses i think it was and not a single one reached a team mate! :P

What line up do you think will play against Rabotnicki Kometal/Mika Ashtar? and also does anyone know if the game will be on normal tv? If it is it'll be on either channel 5 or ITV4. If not it'll be on sky/espn' date=' which i don't have. :o[/quote']

I'd of thought it'd be on Five as I think they have first choice of game in Europa (well they did last season anyway), with ESPN picking second and ITV third.

I'd imagine any player who featured in the latter stages of the World Cup won't be involved so I'd expect to see something like:

Gulacsi/Reina

Johnson - Carra - Kelly/Soto/Skrtel - Agger

Lucas

Aquilani - Gerrard

Jovaovic --------------- Cole -

N'gog/Babel

That's presuming we haven't signed Zeigler (who according to reports in Roy's first choice) in time for the game - in which case he'd play LB and Agger would more into the center. I've also got question marks next to Reina and Babel as I'm not 100% sure if they'll be back in time, but if they are there's no reason why they can't play. Kuyt and Maxi on the other hand are unlikely to feature imo.

I'm starting to look forward to next season now. For the first time in years people are struggling to pick a starting XI which shows we actually have some depth in our squad. If we sign a good left back (Ziegler or Taiwo) and a good forward (Crouch or Remy) then get a good replacement for Masch (Banega's ideal imo) we've got a brilliant chance of making the top 4. Whilst Chelsea and Man City are gonna be hard to compete with this season, I think our squad isn't far off Man Utd and on a similar level to Spurs and Arsenal.