Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

News is that Sturridge has passed is medical and is set to complete the move on the 1st January. Could be set for a Premier League debut for us against either Sunderland or Manchester United. If he bags a winning goal against United i'm sure that will help him get the rest of the fans over. ;)

The transfer window does not open until 2nd Jan......just saying ;)

If Sturridge scores a winner at Old Trafford I will love him, what can I say I am fickle :P

Word is that we are close to a deal for some Valenciennes defender (CB) who I know nothing about so if there are any french football experts about please let us know what he is like!

If Sturridge scores a winner at Old Trafford I will love him' date=' what can I say I am fickle :P

Word is that we are close to a deal for some Valenciennes defender (CB) who I know nothing about so if there are any french football experts about please let us know what he is like![/quote']

2nd Of Jan it is, damn Facebook. :eek: I'm coming round to him, I really think he's exactly what we need. If he scores a winner against Old Trafford i'd say thats his transfer fee paid. :P

2nd Of Jan it is' date=' damn Facebook. :eek: I'm coming round to him, I really think he's exactly what we need. If he scores a winner against Old Trafford i'd say thats his transfer fee paid. :P[/quote']

he fits the bill in the sense that he can play up top and cover for Suarez but can also play in one of those wide frontman positions as well.

If he fits the bill in terms of quality and consistancy I have my doubts....

Ask us again in a year's time and we should know the answer :)

Word is that we are close to a deal for some Valenciennes defender (CB) who I know nothing about so if there are any french football experts about please let us know what he is like!

I'm guessing your talking about Isimat Mirin? That would explain why I had 2 people try and sign him off me in 7046 today :P

he fits the bill in the sense that he can play up top and cover for Suarez but can also play in one of those wide frontman positions as well.

If he fits the bill in terms of quality and consistancy I have my doubts....

Ask us again in a year's time and we should know the answer :)

If I go off my Fifa career, it works out well for Sturridge and Ince but does not for Borini and Carroll :eek: But that is FIFA

I'm guessing your talking about Isimat Mirin? That would explain why I had 2 people try and sign him off me in 7046 today :P

Thats the guy, I know nothing about him so cant comment on him as a player, with doubts over Rodgers thinking of Coates and Carra possibly retiring at the end of the season it is a position we need to address.

If Sturridge scores a winner at Old Trafford I will love him' date=' what can I say I am fickle :P

Word is that we are close to a deal for some Valenciennes defender (CB) who I know nothing about so if there are any french football experts about please let us know what he is like![/quote']

nice little talent. here is his write up from 'Le 50', by French Football Weekly.

NICOLAS ISIMAT-MIRIN

Club: Valenciennes FC DOB: 15/11/91 Position: Defender

Nicolas Isimat Mirin is a player who shares a number of similarities with the aforementioned Willy Boly (physical size, strength, elegant in possession and brings the ball out with ease). Both have followed a fairly traditional route thus far for franciliens with a talent for football: from the prestigious Clairefontaine academy to one of the biggest clubs for bringing through talented youngsters - in Nicolas’ case, Rennes, rated the best in the country – and also like Boly,he has spoken candidly about the strengths and weaknesses of his own game, displaying a level of maturity that one comes to expect from graduates of the French Federation’s regional academies.

He was let go by Rennes after two years, but that may turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to him. It has provided him with an early disappointment that most sportspeople need in order to make it, a reminder of the hard work needed to succeed. Also, it brought him to Valenciennes, a club where he feels perfectly at home and where he has developed impressively as a player.

His game needs refining, as his relatively high foul count and collection of cards during the 2011-12 season has shown, but the game intelligence that his coaches at Valenciennes rave about will surely see him develop into a defender of great class.

Hi everyone, me and a mate are starting a Liverpool website and I'm wondering if anyone here want to get involved. The kind of thing I'm looking for is just fans views on stuff and some of the longer posts on here are good enough stuff all ready.

Give me a PM of iMessage me at angus.taylor1996@btinternet.com if your interested.

Cheers.

Some Liverpool news is Coates might be leaving on loan or permanently if the right bid comes in (around 10m). I would be gutted if he left, one of my favorite players.

Not really' date=' I heard it a couple of days ago. Been on twitter for a while as well;)

You played well today, in my opinion Gerrard had a great game and his goal was like the Gerrard of old. Downing was good as well, [b']maybe he has realised that if he doesn't take this chance he has been given that is him out the door[/b].

Not good enough for Liverpool, still want to see him out the door along with Cole ASAP.

We can't lose him in January we need LB cover and we will still be in need of attacking players.

Robinson, Enrique, Johnson, all can play at LB, and are simply better, Ince(if he joins), Sturridge, Sterling, Suso, Borini, Shelvey, Assaidi(cant believe he hasn't played more), countless attacking options.

Some Liverpool news is Coates might be leaving on loan or permanently if the right bid comes in (around 10m). I would be gutted if he left' date=' one of my favorite players.[/quote']

Same here. Think he was impressive when he play; right place and a right time kind of defender. Even though last season, he was abysmal in positioning, but this year, I'd say he improved. IMO we should keep him and in the meantime try buying another young defender, rumors suggesting Mirin, but another player worth looking into is Lindsay Rose. Sturdy young centerback. About time when big club start knocking for his signature.

Robinson' date=' Enrique, Johnson, all can play at LB, and are simply better, Ince(if he joins), Sturridge, Sterling, Suso, Borini, Shelvey, Assaidi(cant believe he hasn't played more), countless attacking options.[/quote']

We need Johnson and RB and Robinson is going out on loan.

Suso, borini and shelvey all play centrally and Assaidi keeps picking up knee injuries.

So we only really have sterling, Ince and possible Sturridge (if he plays on the wing)

So I think we need him right now.

Hi everyone' date=' me and a mate are starting a Liverpool website and I'm wondering if anyone here want to get involved. The kind of thing I'm looking for is just fans views on stuff and some of the longer posts on here are good enough stuff all ready.

Give me a PM of iMessage me at [email']angus.taylor1996@btinternet.com[/email] if your interested.

Cheers.

Some Liverpool news is Coates might be leaving on loan or permanently if the right bid comes in (around 10m). I would be gutted if he left, one of my favorite players.

shame. he is going to be a top CB one day, but he needs to be playing every week, for the benefit of him & his spot on the NT roster.. they have prob had a word with him to go and get some regular games..

we should loan him out long term, im thinking one year in brazil and then another in europe...

what with Carra 95% retiring end of the season need a CB to fill his spot on the side...so be silly to sell.

;2371083']also is Ince a done deal?

*anyone know the truth behind chelsea putting 1.5M into the Sturridge deal..agent fees?

It's not actually done yet, but is supposed to be as good as done. You can never be 100% sure until they sign post medical though.

A lot of players have clauses to get a percentage of their sale fee, and from the sounds of Sturridge's agent it wouldn't surprise me if that's what the 1.5m is for.

It's just the type of thing that doesn't normally get reported.

We should get rid of downing and hopefully we can replace him with another striker. One good game does not make him a good player and if we can get near 10mil then we'd be stupid to not sell him.
He's had two good games this season!

I'm glad he's had a good game for his confidence, and it wouldn't surprise me that all this talk of letting him leave if he wants is just to make him feel less pressure. It's a win win situation. It'll put his value up, and also mean that it's not so bad if he does stay until the summer.

If we don't plan on using a younger player at left back then i'd think we'd need to keep him.

He's had two good games this season!

I'm glad he's had a good game for his confidence' date=' and it wouldn't surprise me that all this talk of letting him leave if he wants is just to make him feel less pressure. It's a win win situation. It'll put his value up, and also mean that it's not so bad if he does stay until the summer.

If we don't plan on using a younger player at left back then i'd think we'd need to keep him.[/quote']

I'm intrigued to see where Downing may end up. He's been heavily linked with a move back to Boro, but I think he's a class act, even though his Liverpool form says otherwise.. He'd be too good and wasted in the Championship, but we'll see.

I'd suspect the reported £1.5m is along the lines of agent fees/sell on clause owed to City.

;2371083']also is Ince a done deal?

*anyone know the truth behind chelsea putting 1.5M into the Sturridge deal..agent fees?

From what I've read the £1.5m extra that Chelsea put in is for Sturridge himself, almost to hurry the deal on and make sure he actually leaves. The agent fees and sell on clauses (£1.5m to City due to tribunal saying 15% of profit) is coming out of the fee itself