Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Does anyone watch the youth games? How good are Robinson & Flanagan? Are they good enough to get first XI minutes?
I'd say Robinson is, Flanagan less so.

If we're looking at bringing a right back through into the first team i'd be giving Ryan McLaughlin a bit of experience.

As i said a few pages back, he's a genuine right back, not one of these half arsed right back/centre backs like Wisdom and Kelly.

Southampton have had a bid accepted by Molde FK for Liverpools trialist Vegard Forren. If Forren does move to Liverpool' date=' Coates could leave on loan.[/quote']

How come Liverpool only trialled him?

(Think I am right) Ain't he already in the national team and a starter for Molde?

I'd say Robinson is' date=' Flanagan less so.

If we're looking at bringing a right back through into the first team i'd be giving Ryan McLaughlin a bit of experience.

As i said a few pages back, he's a genuine right back, not one of these half arsed right back/centre backs like Wisdom and Kelly.[/quote']

I've seen them both play a few games last season and they looked like good players. I remember rightly one of the pundits (can't remember who) used this quote to describe Robinson: "I have seen Ashley Coles successor to the LB position in the England squad and that's Jack Robinson"

Also Kelly was shaping up well before he got injured. Haven't seen much of him since.

I've seen them both play a few games last season and they looked like good players. I remember rightly one of the pundits (can't remember who) used this quote to describe Robinson: "I have seen Ashley Coles successor to the LB position in the England squad and that's Jack Robinson"

Also Kelly was shaping up well before he got injured. Haven't seen much of him since.

Robinson in my opinion has the potential to be a very good player. I think Flanagan will be a lower end Premier League/Championship player at best.

Does anyone watch the youth games? How good are Robinson & Flanagan? Are they good enough to get first XI minutes?

Robinson is excellent, really good player and I can see him definitely taking enrique's place soon. Flanagan is a decent player as well but not as good. I watch the reserve games btw :) I think everyone is being a bit harsh on Flanagan, he is a steady player and has been very consistent when playing in the first team (apart from the Blackburn game). Saying that, I dont think he'll ever become our starting RB as we have a lot of options and McLaughlin will soon overtake him as he is really really good.

Robinson is excellent' date=' really good player and I can see him definitely taking enrique's place soon. Flanagan is a decent player as well but not as good. I watch the reserve games btw :) I think everyone is being a bit harsh on Flanagan, he is a steady player and has been very consistent when playing in the first team (apart from the Blackburn game). Saying that, I dont think he'll ever become our starting RB as we have a lot of options and McLaughlin will soon overtake him as he is really really good.[/quote']

Yes I agree, he has been consistent..................consistently dreadful in every game he's played ;)

Yes I agree' date=' he has been consistent..................consistently dreadful in every game he's played ;)[/quote']

Nah thats being a bit to harsh .

Can not be easy for any youngster to just come in with the expectations that are demanded on them .

Stevie G and Carra made plenty of mistakes and showing the jitters when they got their chance as kids .

Both said you needed the older players to look after them and fans to have more understanding .

He has not played that regular and week after week .

Watching LFC late 60s and a fresh faced kid had his first game for us and came in at left back.

Came to us with the none famous name at the time Emlyn Hughes .

Did well proberly as good as Flannagan as done .

Nothing to shout about at first but was given time to learn and mature ,with a posistion change he then became one of the best players for this club with the nickname " crazy horse ".

Another one comes to mind Joey jones ,god did he make errors at first and did not look the buisness for us ,but he gave his all for the shirt which to us made up for his lacking abilities and after a while you would not want to swap him for anyone even though there were better elswhere .

Glad they did not in 77 anyway because he helped in giving me my greatest holiday away in Rome .

Nope let the kids have a fair ammount of games ,let them have a settled run ,yes they will make mistakes the world class ones in their best yrs still do .

But like Emlyn and Joey of old they never found Liverpool fans that impatient ,as long as they gave their all and sweatted blood for that shirt they were given games and time .:)

Nah thats being a bit to harsh .

Can not be easy for any youngster to just come in with the expectations that are demanded on them .

Stevie G and Carra made plenty of mistakes and showing the jitters when they got their chance as kids .

Both said you needed the older players to look after them and fans to have more understanding .

He has not played that regular and week after week .

Watching LFC late 60s and a fresh faced kid had his first game for us and came in at left back.

Came to us with the none famous name at the time Emlyn Hughes .

Did well proberly as good as Flannagan as done .

Nothing to shout about at first but was given time to learn and mature ' date='with a posistion change he then became one of the best players for this club with the nickname " crazy horse ".

Another one comes to mind Joey jones ,god did he make errors at first and did not look the buisness for us ,but he gave his all for the shirt which to us made up for his lacking abilities and after a while you would not want to swap him for anyone even though there were better elswhere .

Glad they did not in 77 anyway because he helped in giving me my greatest holiday away in Rome .

Nope let the kids have a fair ammount of games ,let them have a settled run ,yes they will make mistakes the world class ones in their best yrs still do .

But like Emlyn and Joey of old they never found Liverpool fans that impatient ,as long as they gave their all and sweatted blood for that shirt they were given games and time .:)[/quote']

While I understand your point i've watched Flanagan plenty for the reserves and U21's and he really just doesn't have the potential, Robinson and McLaughlin are too look forward too.

While I understand your point i've watched Flanagan plenty for the reserves and U21's and he really just doesn't have the potential' date=' Robinson and McLaughlin are too look forward too.[/quote']

To be honest i have not watched many at this level for the club ,but even though you may be proved right ,for me on past experience watching youngsters playing 1st team for this club its to few games and early in my opinion to just wave him aside at this moment ,also i ask myself then what is it the powers that be see in him to select him over some of the others mentioned .:)

To be honest i have not watched many at this level for the club ' date='but even though you may be proved right ,for me on past experience watching youngsters playing 1st team for this club its to few games and early in my opinion to just wave him aside at this moment ,also i ask myself then what is it the powers that be see in him to select him over some of the others mentioned .:)[/quote']I think that's mainly because he's older.

Think some of the criticism of him in this thread is harsh, but i'd definitely be starting to give McLaughlin chances now. And if that meant Flanagan got less chances i wouldn't be too bothered about that.

Apparently we are in for Federico Fazio after lost out on Vegard Forren as a backup centerback. Don't know if this is true or not tho. It was quote to be cheap somewhere around 4-5M.

I dont understand why a club like Liverpool don't just go in for either Isimat Mirin or Martins Indi?

I have read some reports about Mirin being tailed by Liverpool, Newcastle and Fulham in January since his old CB partner went to the Corinthians, nevertheless out of those 3, there really is no contest unless he mistakes Newcastle a bigger club than Liverpool based on stadium size.

Furthermore Martins Indi will be one of the best CB's in the world in 4 years, alongside an 'in-prime' Hummels, Badstuber and Howedes.

Liverpool surely must know that these guys are eligible for the Europa League, as even Monchengladbach have enquired about Martins Indi.

Apparently we are in for Federico Fazio after lost out on Vegard Forren as a backup centerback. Don't know if this is true or not tho. It was quote to be cheap somewhere around 4-5M.

Has had a good season with Sevilla however he is extremely slow.

Has had a good season with Sevilla however he is extremely slow.

What i don't understand is why Liverpool are going for average-poor players averaged around 25-27, when the average CB's they have are both 28???

Surely under 21's is the way to go and not from South America's, because rarely do South American teams have decent CB's e.g. Coates.

Coates will never win a premier league title in his career with Liverpool.... and he's only 21 is well..

What i don't understand is why Liverpool are going for average-poor players averaged around 25-27' date=' when the average CB's they have are both 28???

Surely under 21's is the way to go and not from South America's, because rarely do South American teams have decent CB's e.g. Coates.

Coates will never win a premier league title in his career with Liverpool.... and he's only 21 is well..[/quote']

Coates is a good player. Juventus have been monitoring him as well.

I dont understand why a club like Liverpool don't just go in for either Isimat Mirin or Martins Indi?

I have read some reports about Mirin being tailed by Liverpool' date=' Newcastle and Fulham in January since his old CB partner went to the Corinthians, nevertheless out of those 3, there really is no contest unless he mistakes Newcastle a bigger club than Liverpool based on stadium size.

Furthermore Martins Indi will be one of the best CB's in the world in 4 years, alongside an 'in-prime' Hummels, Badstuber and Howedes.

Liverpool surely must know that these guys are eligible for the Europa League, as even Monchengladbach have enquired about Martins Indi.[/quote']

If these players are so good a team would of signed them. That simple, they are obvi over hyped by you. If Indi is going to be one of the best CB in four years can you please tell me this weeks lottery numbers :)

What i don't understand is why Liverpool are going for average-poor players averaged around 25-27' date=' when the average CB's they have are both 28???

[b']Coates will never win a premier league title in his career with Liverpool.... and he's only 21 is well..[/b]

None of the current Liverpool players will in my opinion.

Coates will never win a premier league title in his career with Liverpool.... and he's only 21 is well..[/quote']I'll take your "rarely do South American teams have decent CB's" and raise you Dede and Doria.

If these players are so good a team would of signed them. That simple' date=' they are obvi over hyped by you. If Indi is going to be one of the best CB in four years can you please tell me this weeks lottery numbers :)[/quote']

Not agreeing with neither Commander or you here,but Martins Indi is very talented CB. He's break through into Netherlands national team (i know Netherlands defence isn't the best in the world,but it's still quite an achievement for the youngster) and he's been a consistent performer for Feyenoord. I still think he needs 1 or 2 more full season with Feyenoord before moving to bigger stage but i'm sure he'll be in bigger club sometime in his career

Not agreeing with neither Commander or you here' date='but Martins Indi is very talented CB. He's break through into Netherlands national team (i know Netherlands defence isn't the best in the world,but it's still quite an achievement for the youngster) and he's been a consistent performer for Feyenoord. I still think he needs 1 or 2 more full season with Feyenoord before moving to bigger stage but i'm sure he'll be in bigger club sometime in his career[/quote']

Isn't this his first main season though?