Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

"He wanted to come to Spurs. He'd made his mind up - I had no doubt. But a month went by and Liverpool moved in."

^^ Tbh' date=' that's probably correct. He probably did intend to join Spurs when it was only them and Arsenal (+ a few foreign clubs) interested, but when Liverpool entered the race for him it was too hard to turn down.

All that says is Liverpool > Spurs > Arsenal :)

Fucile seems to be the latest name linked with us to fill in at LB. I don't watch the Portuguese League and don't know much about him, but at the World Cup he was Okay(ish) I suppose. There's players I'd prefer though.

[b']Also rumours that Huntelaar could be involved in a p/e deal for Babel. Although I doubt there's anything in that[/b].

I sure hope there's nothing in that. Huntelaar was brilliant in Holland and then he went to a much better league and couldn't handle it. Then he moved to worse league and wasn't that good there either... And now he's (possibly) going to the world's best league. Why do I have the feeling he won't be good here?

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

He's a straight-up thug. DerbyPower loves him' date=' but as a neutral IMO the guy is always a split second away from a red-card. He's like Heinze but not quite as good. That said he brings steel and versatility to the back-line. But lacks in the leadership aspect, and for me never creates enough on the offensive end of the pitch.

The other thing to consider is that he likely won't come cheap. Porto always seem to get their asking price.

.[/quote']

Nowt wrong with a bit of bite on the pitch, go in hard on say Van Persi a couple of times in the 1st 10 mins it takes him out of his game for the next 80.

I sure hope there's nothing in that. Huntelaar was brilliant in Holland and then he went to a much better league and couldn't handle it. Then he moved to worse league and wasn't that good there either... And now he's (possibly) going to the world's best league. Why do I have the feeling he won't be good here?

He was quality when he first joined Madrid. He was scoring goals left, right and centre. I don't really know what happened to him, I thought he was a bit unfairly treated at Real, he is a very good striker. And if I could swap Babel and a little bit of cash for him, I'd definitely do it.

He was quality when he first joined Madrid. He was scoring goals left' date=' right and centre. I don't really know what happened to him, I thought he was a bit unfairly treated at Real, he is a very good striker. And if I could swap Babel and a little bit of cash for him, I'd definitely do it.[/quote']

I'd swap Babel for him in a heartbeat, he's the type of player that seems to need to be loved and Real just killed his confidence, he is the wrong type of player to do well in Italy, but with Cole on one wing and Maxi on the other he could bang in goals for fun in the Prem, if the Kop take to him of course, if they don't then he'd be no good here either

I agree. I would give my right arm + Babel + some millions for Huntelaar. But I don't think it's a possabillity.

We do need a striker of that style though.

70% of our problem with scoring goals was simply we never had anyone in the box, Cole is the type of midfielder that does get into the box and has a great finish too, but we need a striker that can remain in there too to take defenders and provide an ariel threat.

I thought Jovanovic was going to be that guy but it seems he is more about dropping deep and moving wide like Kuyt.

Nowt wrong with a bit of bite on the pitch' date=' go in hard on say Van Persi a couple of times in the 1st 10 mins it takes him out of his game for the next 80[/color'].

RE: Fucile

Excellent point SOP.

Not sure if you guys remember, but in the CL this past year Fucile (despite getting torched by Arshavin) got in everybody's face. From Fabregas to Eboue to that sissy Bendtner. Somewhat refreshing to see.

RE: Wayne Bridge

I will be very disappointed if we go after him as anything more than a back-up. The guy simply doesn't have the legs anymore to play 75 min, let alone the full 90. Last year I saw him as an increasing liability for City. It will be no different if he ends up wearing red. Anyway, I'd be against this signing as a starting LB. Back-up, yes, for a back-up price. But not as the starter.

I remember watching after the JTerry fiasco last year, when City played Chelsea. Bridge out injured by the 75th. Then at some point, when it looked like Bridge might make a return back into the English set-up, Capello went to watch him,Johnson & SWP a handful of games in a row. I think Bridge didn't make it to halftime in 2 or 3 of those matches. :rolleyes: Like Ledley King, the guy has the skillz, but just not the legs anymore.

With

(1)
Johnson's defensive misadventures

(2)
Carragher's loss of a half-a-step every year

(3)
Agger's questionable positioning

(4)
Skrtel's lack of everything (ability, pace, bite, balance, futbol intelligence)

IMO the last thing we need on the back-line is a guy @ LB (like Bridge) who is a step-too-slow.

RE: Wayne Bridge

I will be very disappointed if we go after him as anything more than a back-up. The guy simply doesn't have the legs anymore to play 75 min' date=' let alone the full 90. Last year I saw him as an increasing liability for City. It will be no different if he ends up wearing red. Anyway, I'd be against this signing as a starting LB. Back-up, yes, for a back-up price. But not as the starter.

.[/quote']

But Roy seems intent on signing English and with the only other name mentioned being Konchesky I would pay £10million for Bridge. And send a further £2million to Konchesky to stay the hell away from Liverpool.

Two major signings for us, then again, every signing for us has been big. Danny Wilson and Joe Cole. Looking at our team, Wilson and Cole would probably make it.

Now, by the looks of it, Hodgson knows what he's doing. We were unable to beat Grasshopper our first friendly game of the season. But with the team getting lined up, I'm not excepting good results for friendlies.

Since Rafa is gone, I'm guessing Aquilani will stay? If he doesn't perform this season, he will be gone in the January of 2011.

I was reading through the Liverpoolfc.tv's forum and came across to a very interesting link. The link was to a post on a different forum back in 2006. There was discussion about news of Aguero and where would he move and there was a quote of Aguero saying this: "I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there".

Most of you probably heard this when he said it but this is the first time I've heard it. Lets sign him!:D:D

RE: Fucile

Excellent point SOP.

Not sure if you guys remember' date=' but in the CL this past year Fucile (despite getting torched by Arshavin) got in everybody's face. From Fabregas to Eboue to that sissy Bendtner. Somewhat refreshing to see.

[b']RE: Wayne Bridge[/b]

I will be very disappointed if we go after him as anything more than a back-up. The guy simply doesn't have the legs anymore to play 75 min, let alone the full 90. Last year I saw him as an increasing liability for City. It will be no different if he ends up wearing red. Anyway, I'd be against this signing as a starting LB. Back-up, yes, for a back-up price. But not as the starter.

I remember watching after the JTerry fiasco last year, when City played Chelsea. Bridge out injured by the 75th. Then at some point, when it looked like Bridge might make a return back into the English set-up, Capello went to watch him,Johnson & SWP a handful of games in a row. I think Bridge didn't make it to halftime in 2 or 3 of those matches. :rolleyes: Like Ledley King, the guy has the skillz, but just not the legs anymore.

With

(1)
Johnson's defensive misadventures

(2)
Carragher's loss of a half-a-step every year

(3)
Agger's questionable positioning

(4)
Skrtel's lack of everything (ability, pace, bite, balance, futbol intelligence)

IMO the last thing we need on the back-line is a guy @ LB (like Bridge) who is a step-too-slow.

excellent point about bridge, i bet chelski are still laughing their heads of that they got 12m£ for him:eek::D

I was reading through the Liverpoolfc.tv's forum and came across to a very interesting link. The link was to a post on a different forum back in 2006. There was discussion about news of Aguero and where would he move and there was a quote of Aguero saying this: "I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there".

Most of you probably heard this when he said it but this is the first time I've heard it. Lets sign him!:D:D

i think we had some interest in him then and he was trying to get a transfer here but a certain clown didnt think it'd be wise spending that (the same person who prefered £6.5m pennant over £8m dani alves)

Do you guys know when everyone is expected back with the team from their respective post World Cup breaks...?

(just thinking about the actual date when people can start to speculate even more on whether Mascherano even bothers coming back at all)

think its around 3 weeks after their teams exited the world cup

It's amazing how Huntelaar's career has gone so badly wrong. He has to move and move quickly and unless he is in line for regular first team football for Milan, it would be both in the interests of him and the player himself to secure a loan I would have thought. Not sure it's going to materialise at Liverpool however...

on the subject of Huntelaar, just came accross this thread, where people are calling for him to be rated, 93 or 94, saying he'll be better than Van nistelrooy in his prime, claiming he is better than Torres, would easily score 20+ in the premiership and all sorts. If interested read from about page 11 on wards. Funny how football and opinions can change so quickly. Looks like SM got it right on this one :) :

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=19128&highlight=Huntelaar&page=11