Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

If youre saying that because he's not physically fit then i agree' date=' on ability, he'd walk in to the starting 11...

I think Gerrard and Carra must have had a word with BR regarding Sneijder, which is why BR has come out an said we need more 'experience' in the side, Gerrard has publicly said the same thing aswell.[/quote']

I mean in the sense that Gerrard/Lucas are nailed on starters and you really cant drop Henderson ATM his form to be fair to the lad has been terrific since he started getting games again in November.

Obviously a fully fit 2010 version of Sjneider would walk into nearly every side but the risk is he aint performed at that level for a variety of reasons for a good two years or so.....is he the same player we really dont know.

We had the same scenario player coming back from long-term injury we took a punt on in Sahin, didn't work out there are no guarentees.

As stated before I wouldnt be against the signing its an exciting name but I can understand why some would have reservations.

;2418681']be a waste though as he wouldn't be a starter for us. Coates is decent enough in the 'young' bracket plus Wisdom Kelly Sama all good prospects at CB

as Ray said he is a bit overrated' date=' so many clubs have looked at him, said there were interested but didnt bother in the end.

if we are gonna buy at CB, i want experience. Just as Gerrard has said & BR has said. Need players to step straight into this improving crop who will make a difference and give young heads someone to look up too.[/quote']

Im only saying we should get him as cover as Coates seems to want to go out on loan which would leave us with only Carra as decent back up. Plus, I think he would have been better than than the guy we offered a trial to who ended up at Southampton. I dont think I would trust Sama or Kelly in the PL at CB for us if Coates were to go out on loan. Wow, so you have finally bought to the idea of buying experienced players like I said before ;)

Im only saying we should get him as cover as Coates seems to want to go out on loan which would leave us with only Carra as decent back up. Plus' date=' I think he would have been better than than the guy we offered a trial to who ended up at Southampton. I dont think I would trust Sama or Kelly in the PL at CB for us if Coates were to go out on loan. [b']Wow, so you have finally bought to the idea of buying experienced players like I said before[/b] ;)

when was that?im pretty sure you wanted M'vila & Belhanda?thats not experience.... and slated Henderson if i remember? :P

anyway, moving on.

Checked my Super 6, if Wigan had won 2 - 1 I would have won Super 6 :( Everything else was right. I even backed Liverpool for 5. I actually want to cry.

Great performance today but that was expected against Norwich. Would love to play them every game. Henderson was brilliant but please don't do the 'Where are the Henderson haters now?' thing, ONE perfomance doesn't change the fact we paid way to much and he was utterly useless last year. I hope he keeps his form as with Downing. Everythings starting to align and Sturridge/Suarez partnership looks great. Hope for a nice attacking performance against City and Arsenal. I go in expecting the worst but they are not untouchable and if we turn up could easily beat them both. But with our consistency I wouldn't bet on it.

Checked my Super 6' date=' if Wigan had won 2 - 1 I would have won Super 6 :( Everything else was right. I even backed Liverpool for 5. I actually want to cry.

Great performance today but that was expected against Norwich. Would love to play them every game. Henderson was brilliant but please don't do the 'Where are the Henderson haters now?' thing, ONE perfomance doesn't change the fact we paid way to much and he was utterly useless last year. I hope he keeps his form as with Downing. Everythings starting to align and Sturridge/Suarez partnership looks great. Hope for a nice attacking performance against City and Arsenal. I go in expecting the worst but they are not untouchable and if we turn up could easily beat them both. But with our consistency I wouldn't bet on it.[/quote']

You win something for getting five results correct do you not?

Regardless of how this January windows ends, I think our club transfer objective for this window already reached.

We bought the only position that we are lacking right now, forward player (Sturridge), we offload deadwood (Cole), we offload unnecessary player (Sahin) and also loan out couple of youngster.

This is pretty much good January windows I must say.

;2418735']when was that?im pretty sure you wanted M'vila & Belhanda?thats not experience.... and slated Henderson if i remember? :P

anyway' date=' moving on.[/quote']

i just said that they would have been better alternatives if we wanted good young players instead of allen and borini. And I said before that if we are going to pay big amounts then we should be buying quality experienced players instead of youngsters which you said wasnt good business. I stand by my comment on Henderson even though he has been better lately.

Liked the formation we played yesterday, particularly the role Henderson was playing which really suited him.

Not too dissimilar to this http://www.ilikeliverpool.me/2012/11/25/transfers-tactics-striking-a-balance-with-revolution-9/

Couple of differences in the middle, but Johnson was definitely offering the width on the left, with Wisdom playing slightly more withdrawn on the right letting Downing do the job on that side.

Suarez was doing what he's been doing all season, as expected.

Think it's safe to assume Gerrard wants him :P

Need to take the full context of what Gerrard has said in the program to all questions fired at him ,not just to certain question .

He is not going to say a player of this stature he would not want at this club ,even like he pointed out would play in his favoured main positsion .:)

When the Sneijder question was put to him he immediately replied ' he'll do' . Seems pretty clear to me having watched the whole conversation Gerrard wants to see Sneijder at Liverpool. A midfield trio of Gerrard' date=' Lucas and Sneijder is pretty tasty :)[/quote']

Just seen the interview as well, think its fair to say Gerrard wants him at the club! A very interesting interview

chelsea beat arsenal 2-1. result in our favor' date=' as it means we stay equal on points with arsenal but they still have an extra game in hand.[/quote']

Would be nice if they lost by big margin. We were still (-1) on GD compared to Arsenal. Spurs vs Utd game - Draw/Spurs would be good.