Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

23 games played 34 points with +12 goal differences.

I would be happy if we can get another 24 points or more and end the season with 60+ points.

Last time we end up more than 60 points barrier is in 09/10 season.

11/12 - 52 points (Champions - 89)

10/11 - 58 points (Champions - 80)

09/10 - 63 points (Champions - 86)

Our next 5 league match is really tough.

(A) Arsenal

(A) Man City

(H) West Brom

(H) Swansea

(A) Wigan

But I can see we get 10/11 points from possible 15 points.

I rather have Juan than Coutinho.

If Jesus ever came to Liverpool' date=' I would definetely be very unhappy. He's grown through leaps and bounds. To be honest though if I were Liverpool, I would also rather go for Juan. He can play as a CB or a LB and also is experienced in a 3 man D. Not to mention he's relatively young, and Liverpool is building for the future.

Been going on for a couple days. Had a bid rejected if I remember right

Yeup, I'm not very happy hearing Coutinho being linked with moves away. We haven't given him any chances whatsoever, and He's got so much potential to fill.

If Jesus ever came to Liverpool' date=' I would definetely be very unhappy. He's grown through leaps and bounds. To be honest though if I were Liverpool, I would also rather go for Juan. He can play as a CB or a LB and also is experienced in a 3 man D. Not to mention he's relatively young, and Liverpool is building for the future.[/quote']

Exactly. If I can dream, I can only say the deal will see cash + Coates for Juan. Just to pished off Juve regarding of Coates. :P

Yeup, I'm not very happy hearing Coutinho being linked with moves away. We haven't given him any chances whatsoever, and He's got so much potential to fill.

I think if he ever going to moved to EPL, it would be off to Chelsea, where Rafa is 'big fan' of him.

Exactly. If I can dream' date=' I can only say the deal will see cash + Coates for Juan. Just to pished off Juve regarding of Coates. :P

I think if he ever going to moved to EPL, it would be off to Chelsea, where Rafa is 'big fan' of him.[/quote']

Rafa won't be at Chelsea past summer, I'm almost sure...

little bit gutted we've missed out on sneijder tbh' date=' I should have never even let it cross my mind that we might sign a player like him :( no doubt we'll now end up wasting money on coutinho instead :([/quote']

Actually with Sneijder I am delighted he has not come.

Take Salary .

Gerard Salary is supposed to be around 187 K according to sources, would be intersting seems sneijder was at least on this ammount but wanted more from Inter ,what this "gold digger" is finally being paid by Galatasary .

After all it was supposed to be him that said he wanted to play in the Premiership and taking a wage cut was not out of the Question .

Bet Galatasaray are paying him more than suarez, agger, skrtel, johnson, reina etc.

Yet these players have been intergral part of LFC and stayed with the club. Yes Sneijder was a great player and proberbly still is ,but for what he has shown in last couple of seasons for Inter maybe why they were happy to let him go as well and not pay him as what he sees as his "worth :D."

Nothing mentioned with the salary he was on there if playing football to his so called calibre why they did not make a big stance to keep him .

I do not think in his career he really as shown much loyalty to any club,

( probably will be shown wrong ) rather than fetch him here and meet his demands i would rather pay more to our loyal players ,who actually have stayed because they love this club and playing for the shirt .

Youngsters .

This is my main reason why i am not bothered we did not get him .:eek:

Sneijder is late 20's so besides his age and the wages he proberly wanted and exspected ,which does not fit into our clubs new buying stratedgy whats to say his might of been a short lived career with us.

Morientes comes to mind ,great player did it at every club he went to except here ,no guarentees that Sneidjer may not be another Morientes.

What is a certain guarentee and what we are starting to see under this new Stratedgy in place is it would be disrespectful and damaging to the confidence of Hendo (22), Shelvey (20) and Suso (19) for the efforts they have put in this season ,these are players who if we develop properly will be Liverpools future ,and like a young Stevie G,he did his developing into a world class player he has become by playing for the First team like the above are being given their chance now along with Sterling ,Borini etc .

no doubt we'll now end up wasting money on coutinho instead

At his age and supposed to have the potential to be one of the best players for the future ,not sure it would be a waste .

Rodgers said a bit back some managers just manage but he likes to work with the players and get his methods and points across to them .

Maybe thats all Coutinho needs someone like Rodgers .

Reminds me of yrs ago late 70s or early 80s on the way to Norwich the backpages of the tabloids the " late John Bonds " manager at the time had said ,LFC are not managed they are coached .

After comming away from there sticking 5 past them ( nothing changed ;)

Paisley quipped to the press " God imagine the result if we had a manager ".:D

Rodgers is a Manager /Coach so while Coutinho is not showing his full potential ,i think we can get the best out of them here .;):)

We're definitely capable of getting 3 points against Arsenal although certain individuals need to up their game a little. Against Man City, maybe a point is possible but I wouldn't expect anything from that game. The three games after City (WBA, SWA, WIG) will tell quite a bit about where we are as a club. I hope we're different to the one who lost to Villa, and the last 3 home games do indicate that we're getting better at beating the lesser sides at home.

BR needs to keep the same midfield & attack we had against Norwich with the possible exception of Borini or Sterling in Downing's place. Downing has played well but against the bigger sides he's practically invisible. The system we had against Norwich brought the best out of Henderson, and Suarez and Sturridge linked up pretty well.

I think this shows our formation pretty accurately:

abD6L8sama.jpg

The FA Cup game against Oldham is 3 days before Arsenal so I think this time we'll see more of the younger players involved. IMO Robinson, Ibe, Yesil, Coady & Sama should be in the 18 man squad.

As for the rest of the transfer window, it would be nice to get 2 more players. Coutinho is an interesting option but doesn't add much to the side at this moment. Maybe we should look at him in the Summer because his price is definitely not going up because Inter aren't giving him any chances. But I do like that we're looking at a player like him.

There's also been rumours of Suso & Coates going out on loan and at least Wigan has been mentioned as a possible club... I like that. Neither of them are going to get any game time as it seems we're trying to buy players for their positions, and first team experience in a premier league side is what they need. And Wigan seems like a good fit.

Actually with Sneijder I am delighted he has not come.

I agree that Sneijder would have been a risk but I would have liked us to have taken the risk as it would show real ambition and would have helped with the kids coming through. Having him and Gerrard in the same side could have edged us closer to the top four IMO and gerrard certainly thought so as well considering what he said on Sunday!

no doubt we'll now end up wasting money on coutinho instead

At his age and supposed to have the potential to be one of the best players for the future ' date='not sure it would be a waste .

Rodgers said a bit back some managers just manage but he likes to work with the players and get his methods and points across to them .

Maybe thats all Coutinho needs someone like Rodgers .

Reminds me of yrs ago late 70s or early 80s on the way to Norwich the backpages of the tabloids the " late John Bonds " manager at the time had said ,LFC are not managed they are coached .

After comming away from there sticking 5 past them ( nothing changed ;)

Paisley quipped to the press " God imagine the result if we had a manager ".:D

Rodgers is a Manager /Coach so while Coutinho is not showing his full potential ,i think we can get the best out of them here .;):)[/quote']

Im not saying Coutinho is a bad player, just that he hasnt shown his potential this season and we could potentially be paying around 7 million for a player who will be warming the bench. I would much rather we saved the money to buy a big player in summer and instead keep faith in Suso who I think will be a much better player than Coutinho in the future. I just see it as a pointless bit of business as he isnt much of an improvement on the kids we already have when we should be trying to get more established players now.

Im not saying Coutinho is a bad player' date=' just that he hasnt shown his potential this season and we could potentially be paying around 7 million for a player who will be warming the bench. I would much rather we saved the money to buy a big player in summer and instead keep faith in Suso[/b']

You could actually apply all the above to the player you and others were gutted about missing out on (Sneijder) :)

I can't help but feel he would have been another Sahin, time will tell I guess but even if he does well in Turkey, doesnt mean he would have over here, the pace is miles apart

You could actually apply all the above to the player you and others were gutted about missing out on (Sneijder) :)

I can't help but feel he would have been another Sahin' date=' time will tell I guess but even if he does well in Turkey, doesnt mean he would have over here, the pace is miles apart[/quote']

Fair enough but we wouldnt be buying Sneijder to be on the bench whereas I think Coutinho would. Plus, Coutinho has never been anywhere near as good Sneijder ;)

Sahin didnt work out for us which is fair enough, we took a punt and it didnt work out. Guess thats just one of those things.

Fair enough but we wouldnt be buying Sneijder to be on the bench whereas I think Coutinho would. Plus' date=' Coutinho has never been anywhere near as good Sneijder ;)

Sahin didnt work out for us which is fair enough, we took a punt and it didnt work out. Guess thats just one of those things.[/quote']

For me... if the reports are true and we did offer around 90k in wages, but he wasnt willing to drop his INSANE wage demands to join Liverpool over Galatasary then for me its a bullet dodged.

I just don't understand how anybody would want a player playing for there club who would rather play in a lower league over the EPL let alone choose another club over us for 'money'

It would be different if we was offering him a poor wage.

I'm excited about Coutinho' date=' looks like we have upped our offer as well.

Also, still interested in Ince apparently.[/quote']

Cant say I am whenever I saw him play for Inter or Espanyol last year he was decidedly average. Had an alarming tendency to disapper for huge periods of games, dont really see a role for him in the side and surely we got to be looking at people to improve the side rather than the size of the squad.

I could not be less enthusiastic about Coutinho. There is a reason why he doesn't play for a very poor Inter side. He's been given plenty of chances to improve and he's shown nothing. Tells you a lot about a player when Sky Sports News's only clip to show when talking about our interest is him running past a player and missing his shot. It looks like we are yet again going to overpay and we just don't need a CM, we have Henderson, Gerrard, Allen, Lucas, Shelvey, Suso (Coady) he won't offer anything we need or improve us from the off. If we are going to spend the 8/9 Million quoted we should be buying a Centre Back if we are planning to loan Coates out we would only have Sama as back up.