Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Cant say I am whenever I saw him play for Inter or Espanyol last year he was decidedly average. Had an alarming tendency to disapper for huge periods of games' date=' dont really see a role for him in the side and surely we got to be looking at people to improve the side rather than the size of the squad.[/quote']

More because of his potential I mean rather than his current ability. I don't think we have the funds to get a 'number 10' who would walk into the starting 11 until the summer.

I could not be less enthusiastic about Coutinho. There is a reason why he doesn't play for a very poor Inter side. He's been given plenty of chances to improve and he's shown nothing. Tells you a lot about a player when Sky Sports News's only clip to show when talking about our interest is him running past a player and missing his shot. It looks like we are yet again going to overpay and we just don't need a CM' date=' we have Henderson, Gerrard, Allen, Lucas, Shelvey, Suso (Coady) he won't offer anything we need or improve us from the off. If we are going to spend the 8/9 Million quoted we should be buying a Centre Back if we are planning to loan Coates out we would only have Sama as back up.[/quote']

exactly my point, just not needed and would be a poor use of funds

I could not be less enthusiastic about Coutinho. There is a reason why he doesn't play for a very poor Inter side. He's been given plenty of chances to improve and he's shown nothing. Tells you a lot about a player when Sky Sports News's only clip to show when talking about our interest is him running past a player and missing his shot. It looks like we are yet again going to overpay and we just don't need a CM' date=' we have Henderson, Gerrard, Allen, Lucas, Shelvey, Suso (Coady) he won't offer anything we need or improve us from the off. [b']If we are going to spend the 8/9 Million quoted we should be buying a Centre Back if we are planning to loan Coates out we would only have Sama as back up.[/b]

Can't Wisdom play there?

Also how long is Kelly out for?

Getting a no.10 player is a summer priority but it wont happen now.

Rodgers in defiantly in the hunt for a CB, thats clear but who that will be I don't know. Slightly strange as we are quite well stocked there but i think he want more of a technical CB like agger.

Apparently we have only bid £4m for Ince and wont up that.

Coutinho could well join us though and that will probably be our only other january transfer.

Getting a no.10 player is a summer priority but it wont happen now.

Rodgers in defiantly in the hunt for a CB' date=' thats clear but who that will be I don't know. Slightly strange as we are quite well stocked there but i think he want more of a technical CB like agger.

Apparently we have only bid £4m for Ince and wont up that.

Coutinho could well join us though and that will probably be our only other january transfer.[/quote']

Agger and Skrtel are overrated on here. They're really nothing special, particularly Skrtel.

More because of his potential I mean rather than his current ability. I don't think we have the funds to get a 'number 10' who would walk into the starting 11 until the summer.

Keep talking of potential but Rafa signed him for Internazionale in Summer 2010.

Now despite the fact that Inter have gone through a financial meltdown, sold loads of there best players etc he still aint been able to force his way into there side even there squad on a regular basis...

Thats nearly three years and with all those problems I would suggest that there surely must be something amiss, if he was half-decent you would have expected him to nail down a place by now.

"Potential" is perhaps not being fulfilled in this case and maybe he just aint as good as people thought he was going to be.

Not to mention we already have Suso who is avery simillar player and I would be more than happy to continue putting my faith in rather than spending the near 10M on a player who really has not proven anything yet at any real level.

Horrible tendency to go missing and again I cant really see what his "role" is in the side/squad. he has it all to prove if he joins then just with every other player I will get behind him but it is not a name that excites me in any way.

Rather keep the money personally and look at the summer market where better more proven options wil be avaliable and probably at better prices.

No point in just buying squad fillers IMO.

Keep talking of potential but Rafa signed him for Internazionale in Summer 2010.

Now despite the fact that Inter have gone through a financial meltdown' date=' sold loads of there best players etc he still aint been able to force his way into there side even there squad on a regular basis...[/b']

Thats nearly three years and with all those problems I would suggest that there surely must be something amiss, if he was half-decent you would have expected him to nail down a place by now.

"Potential" is perhaps not being fulfilled in this case and maybe he just aint as good as people thought he was going to be.

Not to mention we already have Suso who is avery simillar player and I would be more than happy to continue putting my faith in rather than spending the near 10M on a player who really has not proven anything yet at any real level.

Horrible tendency to go missing and again I cant really see what his "role" is in the side/squad. he has it all to prove if he joins then just with every other player I will get behind him but it is not a name that excites me in any way.

Rather keep the money personally and look at the summer market where better more proven options wil be avaliable and probably at better prices.

No point in just buying squad fillers IMO.

It's Inter's fault that we don't play him. It is extremely shocking that we have barely used him and when we do use him, It's Europa.

I agree that Coutinho at times can be very non-existent and he does tend to lose the ball a bit. I reckon it would be wiser imo to invest in an experienced player who can improve your team either it being another defender, or a forward, etc. Tbh though, 8 million is a bargain for him. I would definetely pay 8 million and He's only 20 so It's a decent investment. At 10 million, I would be hesitant. Additionally, Let's face it, He should be a better investment then that crazy 20 mil fee you guys paid for a Stewart Downing.

Coutinho-Suso-Sterling would be a nice trio for the future and isn't that what Liverpool is building for?

But, I personally want Coutinho to stay. But, then again, I also wanted Sneijder to stay as well.

Wow' date=' VERY optimistic :P

Most we will get imo is 9, I would be happy with mind :o[/quote']

I know right. :P

But I think we can win every games in the next 5 league matches. Arsenal a little bit shaky at the moment, we already out done City in the last meeting and also without Yaya, a draw at least IMO even it is away game. Wigan should be walk away. I'm only worried about WBA and Swansea, but both of them at Anfield, so a narrow win will do. :D:p

Rafa won't be at Chelsea past summer' date=' I'm almost sure...[/quote']

Well, January still not finished yet.

By the way, this Coutinho transfer is looking more likely than the Sneijder one, with 'youth' tag and resale value, he could be our backup transfer if we can't clinched Tom Ince this week.

There really isn't any point now in you guys making more investments.

The right players aren't available and you should be ok for the rest of the season though in the summer you'll need to strengthen.

The Sturridge transfer should be just enough to get you through the season and while it would have been great to get someone of Sneijder's quality in (his price tag was tiny so wages should have been a bit more negotiable) there isn't anything out there at the moment.

Perhaps bringing in someone like Ince who can play wing/ no 10 role for you would be a decent buy for the future but I wouldn't expect much more spending as really you won't add anything to your starting 11 in January now.

I agree that Sneijder would have been a risk but I would have liked us to have taken the risk as it would show real ambition and would have helped with the kids coming through. Having him and Gerrard in the same side could have edged us closer to the top four IMO and gerrard certainly thought so as well considering what he said on Sunday!

(his price tag was tiny so wages should have been a bit more negotiable)

Gerrard said he plays the same position as him ,so you have to drop Gerrard in a more defensive roll to accomadate him in his favoured roll which i do not want to see .

Plus by trying to accomadate both in the same side then "HOW DOES IT HELP THE KIDS COMMING THROUGH ".

They like now need to play First team football to gain the experience not sit on the bench watching because with both on the field i do not see where they will be accomadated on it as well .

Negotiable on whos part :D,

He left Inter for soly one reason they would not raise them any more .

Apparently Galatasary are paying him 200k a week ,if this is the case saying premiership is what he wanted and wages were open to negotiaion was a red herring ,especially on Liverpools part .

He proberly was wanting City ,Chelsea owners to come get him and pay him this ammount .

As for "Wow, VERY optimistic" on somes predictions on the next 5 games ,

i just love optimism so mine while wanting from the heart to say 15 ,from the head i will say 13.:D;):)

Most we will get imo is 9, I would be happy with mind

My lad never did have much optimism bread in him ..:D;):)

The price were trying to get you to buy Coutinho is now set at 15 million. I would definetely decline if I was Liverpool. I am a fan of Coutinho but 15 million for an unproven player is definetely one I would deviate from.

Are you sure about that? Apparently we start the bid at £5M and Inter counter it with £8M. If £15M is the new figure' date=' I would be happy to keep the money and wait for summer windows.

As for "Wow, VERY optimistic" on somes predictions on the next 5 games ,

i just love optimism so mine while wanting from the heart to say 15 ,from the head i will say 14.:D;):)

Most we will get imo is 9, I would be happy with mind

My lad never did have much optimism bread in him ..:D;):)

Haha. Fair enough. :D

Just a thought with some of the discussions of late .

Take the " CB " position .

Liverpool policy is to buy young with proberbly the max age they are looking at is say 25-26 ish .

Older proberbly needs to be a cheap transfer fee but more importantly wages that meet the clubs criteria .

YET THE OLDER ARE SUPPOSED TO BE NEEDED TO HELP GIVE EXPERIENCE TO THE YOUNGER ELEMENT .

So lets just go back to the Norwich game .

Wisdom again is used as right back ,yet on all accounts he is a " CB".

Yet he covers and plays this role because of Johnson etc being used for LB.

But in this game we had " Carra and Agger" so without any substitutions when comming back on at half time with the score what it was ,we could have switched Johnson back to RB Agger to LB and put Wisdom alongside Carra giving experience alongside youth .

You can have no better than Carra to give him guidance and improving his experience in this position .

So its alright looking at buying new CB but when we have the oppertunity try what we have ,Coates etc has not had a run in that position just the odd game thrown in now and then ,which sounds ok saying had 12 games etc but not if they are one game spread between lets say 4 .:)

Really excited about Coutinho joining, hes come out and said he want to stay at Inter though, maybe its just the club playing a tricj to get the fee more inflated, either way, hes a typical Brazillian flare player, always wanted Liverpool to have these type of players and weve been crying for one over the last few years, that bit of magic, that extra bit of imagination in the final third, Coutinho has that.

Like any signing it is a risk, Inter not playing him is there problem, he has potential, yes were sick of that word, but you have to look at the department in which he has the potential, excellent technique, intelligence, touch, vision, its these type of players which make the difference in the final half, and fits in perfectly in the type of system BR wants to play.

Yes we may have Suso, but you can never have enough creative talents, chelsea have Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Marin, they even have enough room to loan out De Bruyne, city have Nasri, Silva, Aguero etc, Barca have Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago etc, Suso would much rather play alongside Coutinho that Downing/Henderson/Allen as they both speak the same footballing language, its with players like Coutinho and Suso that we'll see Livepool playing free flowing football again.

I would also take Coutinho over Ince anyday of the week.

So lets just go back to the Norwich game .

Wisdom again is used as right back ' date='yet on all accounts he is a " CB".

Yet he covers and plays this role because of Johnson etc being used for LB.

But in this game we had " Carra and Agger" so without any substitutions when comming back on at half time with the score what it was ,we could have switched Johnson back to RB Agger to LB and put Wisdom alongside Carra giving experience alongside youth .

You can have no better than Carra to give him guidance and improving his experience in this position .[/quote']

Whilst I agree on you that young player need the 'live' experience in certain part to excel. But I think it is sometimes hard for a young player to make a interchanged of position during the course of game (even though it is half time change). It will be okay for a more experienced player to changed position throughout the game, but for youngster it might be troublesome for them. Granted they are all professional and should do the job nicely - regardless of squad status (youngster or senior with vast experienced), but I think it is far more safe by using them in the named position from start, rather than sometimes in the game. Cause sometimes, even the professional one making mistake in their 'new' task/position in interchanged of the position.

Whilst I agree on you that young player need the 'live' experience in certain part to excel. But I think it is sometimes hard for a young player to make a interchanged of position during the course of game (even though it is half time change). It will be okay for a more experienced player to changed position throughout the game' date=' but for youngster it might be troublesome for them.[/b'] Granted they are all professional and should do the job nicely - regardless of squad status (youngster or senior with vast experienced), but I think it is far more safe by using them in the named position from start, rather than sometimes in the game. Cause sometimes, even the professional one making mistake in their 'new' task/position in interchanged of the position.

Can easily see where your comming from and does make perfect sence .

Wisdom though in quite a few games has been found out defensively because he does fall back to the CB position instead of the RB .

Take M.Utd game at OT,great goal taken by Persie but Evra had all the time in the world to cross it .

He was all alone nobody near him or pressing him to make the cross harder ,Wisdom should have been there but had tracked back into a position a CB would take up .

So yes start him in the CB in certain games not as just RB .

Norwich game is an example of one where he could have been experimented from the off .:)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/pep-guardiola-targets-liverpools-luis-1546617?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Dunno how credible the mirror is but press in Uruguay is already speculating with a possible offer from Bayern Munchen to acquire Suarez. It is well known that Guardiola always wanted Suarez and now it is been speculated that they could launch a 47m Euros offer for the striker.

Good deal?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/pep-guardiola-targets-liverpools-luis-1546617?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Dunno how credible the mirror is but press in Uruguay is already speculating with a possible offer from Bayern Munchen to acquire Suarez. It is well known that Guardiola always wanted Suarez and now it is been speculated that they could launch a 47m Euros offer for the striker.

Good deal?

Based on our spending, €47m might not be enough to ensure we get a quality replacement...:o

I don't see us selling any time soon, anyway.

Good deal?

€47M is not unreasonable but I wouldn't sell him at that price. Especially if we don't make top 4, it would be a lot harder to find a replacement if we're not in CL. Anyway I wouldn't pay much attention to what the Mirror writes.