ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Yeah Agreed' date=' but even with Torres you would have assumed he would still have scored goals, there are players slower than him and still do fine.

However he seems to have lost all confidence and everything, he should not have left to be honest and deep down I bet he regrets it, he was worshiped here.

I mean things are so bad at Chelsea, they actually used our Torres banners for a while without realising it had the friggin Shankley gates on them!!!

Maybe Roman handed them out when he gave the fans the flags to wave[/quote']

I find the whole concept of Chelsea disgusting tbh- deluded fans, crazy nut-job owner, a succession of poor managers and players who would be in prison in any other walk of life. Remember "Chelsea FC do not tolerate any forms of racism"....unless it is our captain in which case we gloss over it:rolleyes:

I think there is more to the Torres situation as he is the latest of a long line of strikers who have gone there and been poor.

Although at least Rafa is being consistent as he was with you in the sense that he is getting the team winning well against the good teams whilst ballsing up against the cannon fodder teams.

Carroll £35m' date=' Downing £20m, Henderson £20m, Aquilani £17m, Morientes £6m, Diao £5m, Diouf £10m, Borini £10m, Babel £11m, Konchesky £4m, Pennant £6m. [/quote']

Lets please not even go here ,we will just go back and forth trying to rake up players that were considered flops by us fans for both our sides .

All teams not just yours and ours buy players that then do not cut it .

Take both our clubs besides buying players that are considered at their prime ,them and many younger promising careers have gone up in smoke.

Why ?:;)

Number of reasons proberbly ,two being can not live up to the high price expectation they came with ,can not face up with the pressure that comes with playing at our clubs .

Take your examples above ,they were not all bought under the same manager .

If i were to be bothered to list yours they are .

When buying a player a manager surely takes into account they will fit into his style of play he has incorporated at the club .

Some of Rafas above he said they in their positions at the time were for what money Gillete and Hicks allowed him were better than the ones he replaced them with . ( They operated a sell to buy policy .)

So he knew some of these were only short term but had to be got just to improve us .

Will i argue it did not ,well i would be foolish because when comming to us that season we were 39 points adrift of the champions .

Every season he closed the gap so the way he looked at some of the above i supposed because its not the Quality we expected ,for Rafa and the conditions he had to work with under the owners to him they still improved the side until he moved them on which he did .

Carrol ,Henderson Borini .

Where are they flops .

Overpriced maybe ,( Carrol defitnetly ) but at this moment in time flops no .

First two bought by Kenny with in mind what type of football he was intending in the future for Liverpool to play .

Carrol while overpriced because of the quick turn around in managers then has become unwanted to Rodgers style ,hence unwanted to another managers method of play so not his fault in manager change so not really a flop .

Henderson

Only 22 but already is now just beginning to show composure and technical ability and will to me only improve in the next few yrs .

When comming he had to play most of his football on the right side of midfield, which is not his natural position.

I will put him in the same bracket as Lucas when he first came to Liverpool , Lucas like Henderson was played as a right sided midfield player and both looked completely out of their depth playing in that position , but both players to their credit were and are prepared to put their head on the block , take the aggro play at the time out of favoured position .

Lucas now plays where he should, which now allows Stevie to play the roll he prefers best .

Hendersons was fetched apparently to be Gerrards replacement because his natural position on all accounts is supposed to be the same as Stevie G , so unless you drop Stevie not going to get that chance on a reguler basis just yet .

Borini

Rodgers signing only again 21yrs and with only first part of season gone has been injured for quite a spell .

Plus Rodgers is only just starting his first season and Borini is supposed to be a cog that will fit into his style of play he wants this club to play under him but its not going to happen in his first season .

So to say Borini a flop at this moment in time . :rolleyes:

Shown above analystic reasons ,why not all considered flops itself ,

overpriced yes ,but commoli has taken the hit for the main ones because he was in charge of this side of things at the time in Question .

So while clubs change managers over the course of a few seasons ,will be more players classed as flops because they become unwanted because of the new managers method of play .

Therefore seems your manager has never changed so you can not like i can give certain reasons above .

Yours have come to your club with the manager full knowing the type of player he is looking for to play his brand of football .

So all yours are flops .:eek::D;):)

Lets please not even go here ' date='we will just go back and forth trying to rake up players that were considered flops by us fans for both our sides .

Take both our clubs besides buying players that are considered at their prime ,them and many younger promising careers have gone up in smoke.

Number of reasons proberbly ,two being can not live up to the high price expectation they came with ,can not face up with the pressure that comes with playing at our clubs .

If i were to be bothered to list yours [b']they are[/b] .

When buying a player a manager surely takes into account they will fit into his style of play he has incorporated at the club .

Some of Rafas above he said they in their positions at the time were for what money Gillete and Hicks allowed him were better than the ones he replaced them with . ( They operated a sell to buy policy .)

So he knew some of these were only short term but had to be got just to improve us .

Will i argue it did not ,well i would be foolish because when comming to us that season we were 39 points adrift of the champions .

Every season he closed the gap so the way he looked at some of the above i supposed because its not the Quality we expected ,for Rafa and the conditions he had to work with under the owners to him they still improved the side until he moved them on which he did .

Where are they flops .

First two bought by Kenny with in mind what type of football he was intending in the future for Liverpool to play .

Carrol while overpriced because of the quick turn around in managers then has become unwanted to Rodgers style ,hence unwanted to another managers method of play so not his fault in manager change so not really a flop .

Henderson

Only 22 but already is now just beginning to show composure and technical ability and will to me only improve in the next few yrs .

When comming he had to play most of his football on the right side of midfield, which is not his natural position.

I will put him in the same bracket as Lucas when he first came to Liverpool , Lucas like Henderson was played as a right sided midfield player and both looked completely out of their depth playing in that position , but both players to their credit were and are prepared to put their head on the block , take the aggro play at the time out of favoured position .

Lucas now plays where he should, which now allows Stevie to play the roll he prefers best .

Hendersons was fetched apparently to be Gerrards replacement because his natural position on all accounts is supposed to be the same as Stevie G , so unless you drop Stevie not going to get that chance on a reguler basis just yet .

Borini

Rodgers signing only again 21yrs and with only first part of season gone has been injured for quite a spell .

Plus Rodgers is only just starting his first season and Borini is supposed to be a cog that will fit into his style of play he wants this club to play under him but its not going to happen in his first season .

overpriced yes ,but commoli has taken the hit for the main ones because he was in charge of this side of things at the time in Question .

So while clubs change managers over the course of a few seasons ,will be more players classed as flops because they become unwanted because of the new managers method of play .

Therefore seems your manager has never changed so you can not like i can give above .

Yours have come to your club with the manager full knowing the type of player he is looking for to play his brand of football .

Pretty good post chap.

Hard to argue (which is very rare for moi;)).

However I was merely pointing out to neller that those who could fall into the bracket of flops are not in a 2/3 United favour.

I still hold out some hope for Bebe you know:p

Lets please not even go here ' date='we will just go back and forth trying to rake up players that were considered flops by us fans for both our sides .

If i were to be bothered to list yours [b']they are[/b] .

Where are they flops .

Henderson

Borini

Therefore seems your manager has never changed so you can not like i can give certain reasons above .

I'd want paying for writing a post that long!

Pretty good post chap.

Hard to argue (which is very rare for moi;)).

However I was merely pointing out to neller that those who could fall into the bracket of flops are not in a 2/3 United favour.

I still hold out some hope for Bebe you know:p

Even with Bebe though its all a risk factor your club has taken like ours does ,and both will still do in the future.

He is only 22 comming over to play in our league which with many players not just him ,while comming with great endorsments and looking potentially good over there ,pace of our league etc just need to be given a chance and time to adjust to it ,or again maybe they never will adapt .

Hence flops bad player etc ,but go back abroad their not .:rolleyes:

Take Forlan many United fans at the time and other fans called him a flop for your club .

He came to your club at the age of 22 had 3 seasons and United got rid .

Played 63 games for you scored 10 goals hence by some you wasted money buying a flop .

Yet when leaving United at only 25 yrs which is really when they are supposedly just starting to becoming the finished article on there way to peaking at 28yrs -32yrs.

(Giggs and scholes making a mockery of the final age if you look after yourself properly :D) .

He goes to Villarreal plays 106 games and scores 54 goals .

Then at his peaking yrs 28 he goes to Athletico madrid plays 134 scores 74 .

Great accounts for both clubs after leaving United .

Before joining United hence the transfer fee they risked at that young age he had played 80 games and scored 37 goals which to United was worth the risk plus what they had proberly also seen in him before taking the risk .

Therefore was he really a flop ,was he given the time you need to give a foreign youngster at that age because they should have more than our own who are fetched up playing it .

Language ,Culture ,Family friends etc also settling in ,they all play a part when not buying home grown .

Yet because of the price most exspect a return from the off ,if not an instant flop.:)

Even with Bebe though its all a risk factor your club has taken like ours does ' date='and both will still do in the future.

He is only 22 comming over to play in our league which with many players not just him ,while comming with great endorsments and looking potentially good over there ,pace of our league etc just need to be given a chance and time to adjust to it ,or again maybe they never will adapt .

Hence flops bad player etc ,but go back abroad their not .:rolleyes:

Take Forlan many United fans at the time and other fans called him a flop for your club .

He came to your club at the age of 22 had 3 seasons and United got rid .

Played 63 games for you scored 10 goals hence by some you wasted money buying a flop .

Yet when leaving United at only 25 yrs which is really when they are supposedly just starting to becoming the finished article on there way to peaking at 28yrs -32yrs.

(Giggs and scholes making a mockery of the final age if you look after yourself properly :D) .

He goes to Villarreal plays 106 games and scores 54 goals .

Then at his peaking yrs 28 he goes to Athletico madrid plays 134 scores 74 .

Great accounts for both clubs after leaving United .

Before joining United hence the transfer fee they risked at that young age he had played 80 games and scored 37 goals which to United was worth the risk plus what they had proberly also seen in him before taking the risk .

Therefore was he really a flop ,was he given the time you need to give a foreign youngster at that age because they should have more than our own who are fetched up playing it .

Language ,Culture ,Family friends etc also settling in ,they all play a part when not buying home grown .

Yet because of the price most exspect a return from the off ,if not an instant flop.:)[/quote']

Giuseppe Rossi and Gerard Piqué also spring to mind. There may HSBC been other factors in why they left, but it's safe to say Pique would start in Man Utds defence and Rossi may have done bar the injuries. That's one plus point for Liverpool, in the majority of cases selling the flops was the right choice. You don't see Djimi Traore and Antony Le Tallec tearing up the leagues!

Giuseppe Rossi and Gerard Piqué also spring to mind. There may HSBC been other factors in why they left' date=' but it's safe to say Pique would start in Man Utds defence and Rossi may have done bar the injuries. That's one plus point for Liverpool, in the majority of cases selling the flops was the right choice. You don't see Djimi Traore and [b']Antony Le Tallec[/b] tearing up the leagues!

he is in France now. Been on fire this season, was talk of him getting a call up

Giuseppe Rossi and Gerard Piqué also spring to mind. There may HSBC been other factors in why they left' date=' but it's safe to say Pique would start in Man Utds defence and Rossi may have done bar the injuries. That's one plus point for Liverpool, in the majority of cases selling the flops was the right choice. You don't see Djimi Traore and Antony Le Tallec tearing up the leagues![/quote']

Pique wanted to go and players with Barca in their blood tend to end up there one way or another.

Also his rise coincided with the phenomenal form of Vidic and Rio where they were the best central defensive partnership in the world- no other CB would have got near them at that time so losing Pique was not a heartbreak.

Rossi wanted first team football which we couldn't guarantee him (RVN, Saha and Rooney ahead of him) so we got a good price for him and included a buyback clause that gave us first option were Villarreal to sell him (Has just joined Fiorentina I believe and we were not interested due to his injuries and the fact we are well stocked in the striker department.)

Giuseppe Rossi and Gerard Piqué also spring to mind. There may HSBC been other factors in why they left' date=' but it's safe to say Pique would start in Man Utds defence and Rossi may have done bar the injuries. That's one plus point for Liverpool, in the majority of cases selling the flops was the right choice. You don't see Djimi Traore and Antony Le Tallec tearing up the leagues![/quote']

The most embarrassing one for them is Paul Pogba now :D considering how much they went through for him regarding his transfer, then he leaves because he wasnt given a chance to play, yet at Juve hes getting chances ahead of World Class players like Vidal and Pirlo, not to mention Asamoah and Marchisio.

The most embarrassing one for them is Paul Pogba now :D considering how much they went through for him regarding his transfer' date=' then he leaves because he wasnt given a chance to play, yet at Juve hes getting chances ahead of World Class players like Vidal and Pirlo, not to mention Asamoah and Marchisio.[/quote']

Really:rolleyes:

Fwiw we 'signed' him pretty easily - it was the following case brought from the French side that we had to defend (found to have done no wrong;)).

He wanted an alleged £30k p/w contract having done nothing of note and we rightly told him where to go. Once you give one average player who has proven nohting a big contract then all the others do and you end up with a team like Arsenal with plenty of average players on high wages.

Good luck to the lad, but suggesting it is any way embarrasing for us because we didn't cave in to his wage demands is rather ludicrous tbh:o

To be fair LFC fans are not really in a position where they can mock about UTD. The team wins titles, qualifies for CL, and won the last derbies, so UTD can actually afford to have some wrong signings because the team its still at top but Liverpool really cant...

Just my two cents.

To be fair LFC fans are not really in a position where they can mock about UTD. The team wins titles' date=' qualifies for CL, and won the last derbies, so UTD can actually afford to have some wrong signings because the team its still at top but Liverpool really cant...

Just my two cents.[/quote']

If football was as simple as above were you could not mock or give your rivals stick just because they are more successful, things would be very boring, it wouldnt be much of a rivalry either

If football was as simple as above were you could not mock or give your rivals stick just because they are more successful' date=' things would be very boring, it wouldnt be much of a rivalry either[/quote']

I agree, tho im not stating you cant mock about it, just that the club is not in a position that allows you to mock on that subject.

If you want to state something like "Yes, its been a long time since the club does not see CL football, yet we are the ones who have more CL titles in England" Then i would agree is something you can use to mock but on the other subject, at least not in my eyes.

Please dont take it as an offense!

:)

If football was as simple as above were you could not mock or give your rivals stick just because they are more successful' date=' [b']things would be very boring[/b], it wouldnt be much of a rivalry either

Can't believe Suarez said that to Evra;):P

I agree' date=' tho im not stating you cant mock about it, just that the club is not in a position that allows you to mock on that subject.

If you want to state something like "Yes, its been a long time since the club does not see CL football, yet we are the ones who have more CL titles in England" Then i would agree is something you can use to mock but on the other subject, at least not in my eyes.

Please dont take it as an offense!

:)[/quote']

:) , you wont offend me mate.

Although mancs are mancs, they can win the title for the next 40 years we will still mock them about anything, heck we will mock them for winning to many titles and blame it on whatever we can think of :D

Can't believe Suarez said that to Evra;):P

I'm not going to risk going further into that one :P

:) ' date=' you wont offend me mate.

Although mancs are mancs, they can win the title for the next 40 years we will still mock them about anything, heck we will mock them for winning to many titles and blame it on whatever we can think of :D

[/quote']

Have always wondered what LFC players and fans will do when we win our next couple of CL's:confused::P

Possibly 'big up' the league cup and claim that the team which has won it most is the 'bestest'?

Have always wondered what LFC players and fans will do when we win our next couple of CL's:confused::P

Possibly 'big up' the league cup and claim that the team which has won it most is the 'bestest'?

Possibly, however given how long it took you to win these ones I might not be around be then so I won't care ;)

Nah better to say we won 4 of them when the actual league champions played the other countries champion ,while you won 1 .;)

Weve only won one when it got devalued and 4 teams can now get in it ,lose matches in their group get 2nd place and still get through and have a chance .

There are now plans to get rid of the Europa and make it 6 teams in it ,how far do you devalue it when origanally it was for champions only ..:P:)

There are reports that Liverpool have sent representatives to Italy in order to negotiate a deal to bring Inter’s Philippe Coutinho to the Merseyside club.

The Reds are prepared to increase their original €8 million offer for the midfielder.

No, send them back if it's true. Let both parties agree to disagree. If the Belhanda rumours are true with us being linked to him, I might be a bit more lenient. But, I would still love for Coutinho to stay. :o

I think it's mad that Nottm Forest are still the third most successful club in England in terms of European Cups.

I think you only need a few trophies now to overtake our overall haul.

We just make another improved bid. But Southampton offer still higher than us.

This situation makes me think, for me it is okay to throw another couple of millions (1/2million), as long as the player wages is not too enormous. Not just this transfer I'm talking about general transfer. (to bad I'm not the owner)

Looks like BR really want Coutinho at Anfield.

Ah, Happy Birthday to Luis Suarez.

Luis_Suarez_2454018b.jpg

I think it's mad that Nottm Forest are still the third most successful club in England in terms of European Cups.

I think you only need a few trophies now to overtake our overall haul.

Not really ,English clubs dominated it for 6 yrs on the trot from 1977.

We won it twice then Forest got it twice straight after us ,we won it again then the next year villa won it ,1983 Hamburg won it for their only time in 84 we won it again and in 85 we lost to Juve in the Heysel final tradgedy .

Forest under Clough for a few yrs had a fantastic side ,you must remember only the champions entered so clubs like Forest were worthy winners .

Barcelona never even played in it in all these yrs above just like Man Utd because they never won their league .:eek::)

Nope before the greedy big bucks format came into place which i am not knocking in this modern era ,champions of old was certainly different to champions of today .

You beat your opponent over two legs or you was simply out .

Now you meet supposedly easy teams first to get in your group ,then its made sure countries of the same country dont meet each other yet .

You can lose even 2 games and still get through to win it ,if your third you drop into the Europa .

So no its not mad that Forest are the 3rd succesful its just well deserved .:)

Not really ' date='English clubs dominated it for 6 yrs on the trot from 1977.

We won it twice then Forest got it twice straight after us ,we won it again then the next year villa won it ,1983 Hamburg won it for their only time in 84 we won it again and in 85 we lost to Juve in the Heysel final tradgedy .

Forest under Clough for a few yrs had a fantastic side ,you must remember only the champions entered so clubs like Forest were worthy winners .

Barcelona never even played in it in all these yrs above just like Man Utd because they never won their league .:eek::)

Nope before the greedy big bucks format came into place which i am not knocking in this modern era ,champions of old was certainly different to champions of today .

You beat your opponent over two legs or you was simply out .

Now you meet supposedly easy teams first to get in your group ,then its made sure countries of the same country dont meet each other yet .

You can lose even 2 games and still get through to win it ,if your third you drop into the Europa .

So no its not mad that Forest are the 3rd succesful its just well deserved .:)[/quote']

I think there would have been a few more CL trophies in England in the late 80's if English clubs weren't banned as Everton had probably their best ever team then, which was ripped apart due to the ban and we weren't the only one with a good side back then.

*I am not using this to have a go at Liverpool.