ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

this may be a stupid question but have we sold doni? he isnt in the reserves' date=' not on the bench and even when reina is injured he doesnt get on the bench. surely he is better than gulacsi or am i missing something? :confused:[/quote']Ah, our best keeper!

Read today that there will be some revelations regarding his absence in the coming week. He's not happy about something, and could be another mess up by our club. At a guess i'd say there's something in his contract we haven't honoured.

Shame as he's a good keeper.

;2428655']loved the Coutinho rumour that went round today.

classic RAWK

What was it?

I can never sign up for that forum for some reason! Though on the few things i read on there i don't think that's such a bad thing.

RVP's wouldn't be anywhere near the Liverpool dressing room:p

And so he shouldnt since all this Jimmy saville stuff has come out of the closet .

We have a load of youngsters playing for us now and the last thing we need is for him to be watching them have a shower after matches .;):)

Read somewhere that we got some % on Insua moves to Atletico Madrid. Something like £1.4M. Surely that can be add to Coutinho transfer fee, if we want to play along with Inter.

Also I just noticed that Coutinho is injured at the moment, so he is not gonna be like Sturridge kind of impact if we ended up with him. Been out since 18th Dec last year and still out injured. :o

Asked if the real work would be done in the summer, Rodgers added: "The real plans are for now. Short term we want to improve and develop. You can see that, we brought in Daniel and he's been excellent so far.
Sound like he got another player in line, considering Coutinho is injured. Maybe Ince will come afterall.

Sky Sports understands Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Inter Milan winger Philippe Coutinho after agreeing a fee with the Serie A outfit.

Looks like it's happening

yayyy another pointless liverpool signing...

Sky Sports understands Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Inter Milan winger Philippe Coutinho after agreeing a fee with the Serie A outfit.

Looks like it's happening

Brilliant signing, and for a very good price imo which is surprising for Liverpool, bare in mind Inter paid 3.5M for him as a raw 17 year old, hes come on leaps since then, adjusting to Europe, physically hes developed so much, UCL experience, and were paying 8M, really excited with this one :D

Brilliant signing' date=' and for a very good price imo which is surprising for Liverpool, bare in mind Inter paid 3.5M for him as a raw 17 year old, hes come on leaps since then, adjusting to Europe, physically hes developed so much, UCL experience, and were paying 8M, really excited with this one :D[/quote']

Do you expect Coutinho to be a starting player for us this season? I dont see why he is needed to be honest and would rather we kept our money for a big player in the summer

Do you expect Coutinho to be a starting player for us this season? I dont see why he is needed to be honest and would rather we kept our money for a big player in the summer

The only reason I see why we are after him is to increased our depth. Do you not agree that our depth is worrying?

Are you going to criticise every signing we make? Seem to remember you doing the same with Sturridge.

I dont understand all the negativity over this signing' date=' he's a creative mid. Gives us a very different option to Henderson and Allen, kind of player we need in the squad IMO.[/quote']

Rodgers/FSG can't win with this signing (most signings tbh). If we sign him it will be either over-priced/pointless. If we don't, the same people will be saying why aren't they spending money.

Just seen this as well. Quite a good idea. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2268502/Brendan-Rodgers-buys-Liverpool-team-lunch-wins-row.html

‘I realised it could cost me (a few bob) when Glen Johnson was having apple tart! :D

The only reason I see why we are after him is to increased our depth. Do you not agree that our depth is worrying?

Well we have sterling' date=' suso, borini and assaidi as cover for our starting wide players, i.e. Downing and Sturridge/Suarez. And as attacking midfield cover we have Shelvey and Suso assuming we are playing with Henderson and Gerrard as our more attacking CMs. I dont see any point in buying Coutinho when I dont see him starting or being much of an improvement on what we've already got as back-up, especially considering we're paying around 10 million for him.

Are you going to criticise every signing we make? Seem to remember you doing the same with Sturridge.

No I have never said signing Sturridge was a bad idea. Ive liked Sturridge since he was 17. I said I wouldnt want to play him as our CF and move Suarez out wide.

Well we have sterling' date=' suso, borini and assaidi as cover for our starting wide players, i.e. Downing and Sturridge/Suarez. And as attacking midfield cover we have Shelvey and Suso assuming we are playing with Henderson and Gerrard as our more attacking CMs. I dont see any point in buying Coutinho when I dont see him starting or being much of an improvement on what we've already got as back-up, especially considering we're paying around 10 million for him.

No I have never said signing Sturridge was a bad idea. Ive liked Sturridge since he was 17. [b']I said I wouldnt want to play him as our CF and move Suarez out wide.[/b]

Playing terrible like that aren't they?

Playing terrible like that aren't they?

Sturridge hasnt been playing as our main striker, him and Suarez have been interchanging. Last game Suarez started out central and then swapped with Sturridge. If anything we played with only one winger (Downing) and had SAS both playing up top with Johnson with very wide and very high up the pitch. I have no problems with this as Suarez is still given freedom

Coutinho's a gamble. He could be a bargain for £8m or not fit in at all and you'll wish you used that money elsewhere.

Considering your full backs' attacking talent, I'd do away with your wingers completely and play something like:

Reina

Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique

Gerrard - Lucas - Allen

Coutinho

Sturridge - Suarez

You can switch Allen out for Shelvey or Henderson to take form and opposition into account. Lucas can sit back and almost become a third CB at times when you're attacking. Sturridge and Suarez have shown they work really well together and Coutinho behind should give them more chances.

I'm glad we'll get the chance to see Coutinho in a Liverpool shirt. He's an exciting player, and i think people who are sceptical are just worried about being left with egg on their face if they say he's good and he ends up as another flop.

Rodgers obviously wanted him and he looks like a target identified by the new scouting team. Add to this that FSG are willing to pay for him and it's all good as far as i can see.

I don't think it'll have any effect on summer spending, as i reckon they had a budget to work in this January.

Cole and Sahin out would mean that even if we signed all three of Sturridge, Ince, and Coutinho we'd still be under budget. Leaving room for another centre back should they identify one they feel is good enough.

Sturridge hasnt been playing as our main striker' date=' him and Suarez have been interchanging. Last game Suarez started out central and then swapped with Sturridge. If anything we played with only one winger (Downing) and had SAS both playing up top with Johnson with very wide and very high up the pitch. I have no problems with this as Suarez is still given freedom[/quote']

He started in the middle against Mansfield, came on in the middle against United, and he did start in the middle against Norwich.

Sturridge dummy from the middle, Suarez running onto it from the left side.

NgZ4qP8hNBc

It was obvious all our attack was going to interchange as well, I couldn't understand why people thought Suarez was going to be playing as a winger or something like that.

Coutinho's a gamble. He could be a bargain for £8m or not fit in at all and you'll wish you used that money elsewhere.

Considering your full backs' attacking talent' date=' I'd do away with your wingers completely and play something like:

[center']Reina

Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique

Gerrard - Lucas - Allen

Coutinho

Sturridge - Suarez[/center]

You can switch Allen out for Shelvey or Henderson to take form and opposition into account. Lucas can sit back and almost become a third CB at times when you're attacking. Sturridge and Suarez have shown they work really well together and Coutinho behind should give them more chances.

As much as i love a 4-4-2 diamond, and i think it will become a popular formation to counter the variations of 4-2-1-3 that a lot of clubs use these days, i wouldn't like to see us play it yet.

Rodgers seems pretty flexible in terms of tactics though, which is good to see.

He started in the middle against Mansfield' date=' came on in the middle against United, and he did start in the middle against Norwich.

Sturridge dummy from the middle, Suarez running onto it from the left side.

[youtube']NgZ4qP8hNBc

It was obvious all our attack was going to interchange as well, I couldn't understand why people thought Suarez was going to be playing as a winger or something like that.

Him and Suarez didnt play together against Mansfield so that is a bit irrelevant ;) And against Man U we took Lucas off for Sturridge and played 442 with them both up top. Also, if you watched closely for the first 10 minutes against Norwich you would have clearly seen Sturrdige lining up on the left and keeping to that side before him and Suarez started to interchange. Re-watch the game again if you dont believe me.

Him and Suarez didnt play together against Mansfield so that is a bit irrelevant ;) And against Man U we took Lucas off for Sturridge and played 442 with them both up top. Also' date=' if you watched closely for the first 10 minutes against Norwich you would have clearly seen Sturrdige lining up on the left and keeping to that side before him and Suarez started to interchange. Re-watch the game again if you dont believe me.[/quote']

TAW seem to agree with me that Sturridge started in the middle against Norwich and he played their for the majority of the game as well. Hopefully your wrong about the Coutinho signing like you was with the Sturridge one.

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?5707-Philippe-Coutinho-Correia/page277 Inter fans don't seem happy he is leaving.

TAW seem to agree with me that Sturridge started in the middle against Norwich and he played their for the majority of the game as well. Hopefully your wrong about the Coutinho signing like you was with the Sturridge one.

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?5707-Philippe-Coutinho-Correia/page277 Inter fans don't seem happy he is leaving.

Not heard an Inter fan who's happy about this yet.

Re. Suarez and Sturridge - Suarez has been playing pretty much where he has been already, with Sturridge as a centre forward working along the back of the defensive line.

The change to accommodate Sturridge has been out wide. Johnson provided width on the left, with Downing providing it on the right. This resulted in Henderson playing a kind of covering/shuttling role on the inside left which he seems to really like.

I like an asymmetrical formation. Worked well for us but the real test will be how he changes it up for Arsenal and Man City.

Riferimento: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Inter fans are never happy..only If you buy CR or Mou return they'll be happy..And you have to understand the situation..We have sold Sneijder e Now Coutinho only to buy Paulinho..its not easy to understand.

Cou is a good player but he will never be a Champions in Italy because he isnt physically strong and also Guarin in his role is better.

Howewer 13m(Euros) are too much for him..