ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Surely someone like Chris Samba would be a decent buy if were looking for a commanding CB, I always feel we lack a physical presence. Another man mountain available on the cheap is Diame, we could really use a bit of muscle sometimes.

Thats football' date=' i'm obviously going to be happy we scored and mad when we concede we all are, i'm just more vocal.

I made my points on Kenny last year, [b']he was great to get us on a solid platform[/b] but not the manager to take us forward we needed a young manager with fresh ideas to build a club. I'm clearly not the only one who wanted Kenny out, I was in the middle, it was sad to see him go but I thought it was better for the club. There was a lot more to his reign than the cup finals that people will gloss over, but Liverpool came off the bad end of that.

I've not asked for Rodgers sacking and I'm still happy he is our manager but he's making really basic mistakes that everyone can see, if there is something to critisise I will I'm not one to sit back and be happy with mediocrity like everyone seems to be right now. I will give him as long as he needs to take us to the next level but I'm not happy with writing a season off as 'Working progress'

Again I'm willing to give him the time, but i'm not happy with the situation we are in, and we still have those same basic problems that have plagued us for years. Thats your view, while our football has got better it's other areas have gone down especially when we play big teams we don't look threatening anymore. The players aren't playing with enough passion for my liking, we are still a huge club and I'd like a bit more passionate consistency within the starting line-up, not much to ask.

I'm always going to moan if you knew me on a personal level you would understand that ;)

I like this post. I find myself agreeing with it. However there area couple of boulded pointers which are ridiculous.

Bold 1 - got you on a solid platform BUT at the expense of your 'reputation', tarnishing it beyond belief.

Bold 2 - Sacking the clueless imbecile was the best thing that your new owners have done for your club and restored 'some' credibility to the club in the eyes of the football world once again.

Bold 3 - Me being picky here but the term is 'Work in progress', not 'working progress':p

Bold 4 - You lot keep reiterating this stance - however not many out of Liverpool do anymore. Keep saying it and it may come true;)

He is hardly going to come out and say "If we don't get in the CL then I will be off to Bayern, Real, Juve etc within 2 years is he".

Fans are so easily pleased these days..............

He is hardly going to come out and say "If we don't get in the CL then I will be off to Bayern' date=' Real, Juve etc within 2 years is he".

Fans are so easily pleased these days..............[/quote']

What does that have to do with anything? I think most LFC fans are happy with the fact he feels loved and is happy here, Suarez is one of many players (both current and X players) so say such things.

How many of yours do the same? , I'm affraid due to the comment like you just made above, that is what 90% of your fans are like and dont give a ..... about that side as long as they are 'winning'

Liverpool (even when we was winning) has never been like that

What does that have to do with anything? I think most LFC fans are happy with the fact he feels loved and is happy here' date=' Suarez is one of many players (both current and X players) so say such things.

How many of yours do the same? , I'm affraid due to the comment like you just made above, that is what 90% of your fans are like and dont give a ..... about that side as long as they are 'winning'

Liverpool (even when we was winning) has never been like that[/quote']

To summarise, yes I do not care about the players as long as the 'team' is winning.

And to finish off I give you Mr Torres who declared his undying love for LFC, even talked about staying there for his whole career - then jumped ship to Chelsea and stated at his first press conference that he was happy to be joining a 'big club':p:D:D:D

To summarise' date=' yes I do not care about the players as long as the 'team' is winning.

And to finish off I give you Mr Torres who declared his undying love for LFC, even talked about staying there for his whole career - then jumped ship to Chelsea and stated at his first press conference that he was happy to be joining a 'big club':p:D:D:D[/quote']

that was when we were getting worse though, and had fallen from 2nd to 7th. We're only getting better now and Suarez also talked about how he thought it was destiny the tattoo on his hand meant anfield or whatever it was.

To summarise' date=' yes I do not care about the players as long as the 'team' is winning. [/quote']

Yeah I know, that was pretty much what I posted and my whole point :P

And to finish off I give you Mr Torres who declared his undying love for LFC' date=' even talked about staying there for his whole career - then jumped ship to Chelsea and stated at his first press conference that he was happy to be joining a 'big club':p:D:D:D[/quote']

Yeah he looks really happy now lol, but .. Again missing the point :) , not saying Suarez would never leave, my point was Suarez has been 1 of many players (both current and old) to praise the way they are looked after by the fans of Liverpool.

How many Utd (current and old) do the same for you club?, hardly any due to the reasons I listed and from most your posts this can pretty much be confirmed :)

If anything your X players call your fans / support (if you can call it that)

Negative or Realistic?

Probably a bit of both...............

If you were realistic then you'd realise that we are a work in progress. But we were last season too and we won a cup, and got to the final of another.

I suppose football clubs always are. If you stop being a work in progress then you start going backwards, which is what happened to us under Hicks & Gillet.

Thought BR tactical approaches for the game is good and well thought off.

We saw that Arsenal player pressed hard our player right from the start till the end, it is either that or don't pressed at all. To be honest we could lost last night game, Arsenal pressing like what we witnessed against Liverpool vs Stoke, which we lost that game. It just went wrong after our player got tired.

To be honest the idea of only DS in the the opposition box and counter attacking is working good. It gave us a huge advantages defending our half, while we got lucky with our break. I'm quite sure the fans that paid top money to see the game would not appreciate that kind of tactical approaches, but lets be honest it works for majority of the game.

With Suarez sit real deep last night, the purpose of that is only to contain Walcott, and it works too, which is brilliant. But to bad, playing Suarez in that kind of position make him become extra tired and it is not really affective after 1 hour mark. That is when BR decide to changes Suarez up top again and bring on Enrique to do the the same job. Johnson - Enrique to contain Walcott again, and right after that Walcott played just like first half, which he didn't have much time on ball, with 2 player marking him. It was spot on approaches if I'm being honest.

If I'm seeing right, Suarez is really tired last night, and the way he lost his ball to Wilshere (where Giroud miss kick the ball), showed that he is tired due to extra job in the first 60 minutes of the game. But credit to the lad, he have done a great job playing like that.

As for Henderson, I'm really happy to see him scored that goal. 5 Arsenal player inside the box and he just steamrolled them to scored that goal. That is what you got when you played player in his favorite position. Deserved one too. Not to mentioned he assists Suarez's goal too. Whilst it is still early to say, I believe he can be top player in that position. Also, can't wait to see Suso playing that role too.

As for the Man of the match, it is Carra and Hendo for me.

Suarez loses the ball a lot in most games, it's just when he's further up the pitch you don't notice it as much.

I think Walcott's early chance came about from Suarez trying to beat a man in his own half and losing the ball.

I thought Suarez role was to stop Sagna. If anyone was helping out Johnson with Walcott it was Gerrard.

I gave Henderson MOM with Carra not far behind in my player ratings here.

Daniel Pacheco has joined Sociedad Deportiva Huesca on loan until the end of the season.

I feel for the lad. I think he should move on and start looking for a permanent move. :o

Glad he could get out for the rest of the season.

Anyone reckon Suso should go out on loan somewhere and spend a season actually playing in the position he should be playing in? Especially now Coutinho has joined and been given the no10 shirt.

Glad he could get out for the rest of the season.

Anyone reckon Suso should go out on loan somewhere and spend a season actually playing in the position he should be playing in? Especially now Coutinho has joined and been given the no10 shirt.

I heard you have offered him out on loan to some Championship sides and some lower La Liga sides.

Fans are so easily pleased these days..............

Especially your type;)

Bet if you was at Old trafford when your side lost 4-1 to us you would have been one of the great faithfull that walked out just after half time i presume to show your disgust .

This to a manager and team that had already fetched you a lot of glory ,plus that United team the fans deserted very swiftly in the second half actually won the title at the end of the season anyway .

Yep loyal supported to the core .:D

Trouble that bothers me at the moment is on here Brendan Rodgers is already getting a bit of stick and he is only in his first halve of the season .

Im getting concerned some of the LFC lads on here are actually like you in the way you support your side and its the new modern fan with the modern football .:eek:

When i began Supporting LFC they were still in the old second division Shankly had been manager for about 3 yrs i think ,he got us promoted and " started the process " of making Liverpool into the great team they became .

One of his great Quotes at the time was " if you can not cheer us when we are losing or drawing ,but only winning then do not come we do not need you ".

Imagine the Modern day fan being told that :P.

Aso imagine Shanks in the Modern game he would not have been given time in his "work in progress".

Fergie had not won anything for United in his 5 yrs ,he was saved by the youngsters that came through,otherwise things might of been different for United .

As a Liverpool fan of the old school i support my team through the bad times as well as the good ,i support and will give time to any manager the club takes on .

Yes i will voice my opinion on anything i think the manager to me has done wrong ,team ,players etc ,like all loyal fans will do ,its their love for the club .

But to want him out already like some because they do not think he is up to it ,then if only half a season is now the measuring point then like Shanks said we are proberly better of without this modern day supporter .

Before i get told i am living in the past i am not ,what i will never do which is a shame for most modern fans that sling this at us oldies is i never forget the "roots" and why Liverpool supporters are famous for backing the team in bad just not good .

Y.N.W.A. :)

Especially your type;)

Bet if you was at Old trafford when your side lost 4-1 to us you would have been one of the great faithfull that walked out just after half time i presume to show your disgust .

This to a manager and team that had already fetched you a lot of glory ' date='plus that United team the fans deserted very swiftly in the second half actually won the title at the end of the season anyway .

Yep loyal supported to the core .:D

Trouble that bothers me at the moment is on here Brendan Rodgers is already getting a bit of stick and he is only in his first halve of the season .

Im getting concerned some of the LFC lads on here are actually like you in the way you support your side and its the new modern fan with the modern football .:eek:

When i began Supporting LFC they were still in the old second division Shankly had been manager for about 3 yrs i think ,he got us promoted and " started the process " of making Liverpool into the great team they became .

One of his great Quotes at the time was " if you can not cheer us when we are losing or drawing ,but only winning then do not come we do not need you ".

Imagine the Modern day fan being told that :P.

Aso imagine Shanks in the Modern game he would not have been given time in his "work in progress".

Fergie had not won anything for United in his 5 yrs ,he was saved by the youngsters that came through,otherwise things might of been different for United .

As a Liverpool fan of the old school i support my team through the bad times as well as the good ,i support and will give time to any manager the club takes on .

Yes i will voice my opinion on anything i think the manager to me has done wrong ,team ,players etc ,like all loyal fans will do ,its their love for the club .

But to want him out already like some because they do not think he is up to it ,then if only half a season is now the measuring point then like Shanks said we are proberly better of without this modern day supporter .

Before i get told i am living in the past i am not ,what i will never do which is a shame for most modern fans that sling this at us oldies is i never forget the "roots" and why Liverpool supports are famous for backing the team in bad just not good .

Y.N.W.A. :)[/quote']

Totally agree on that Shankly quote, what's the point in paying all that money to walk out? You follow your team through thick & thin.

Some people have missed the best games when they walked out at half time. Arsenal v Newcastle 4-4 springs to mind.

In all credit to Shankley if he had seen the shower of carp that comes out of Anfield now he'd be turning in his grave

I reiterate that I think some of you mistake being a fan for blindly following a club. If critisising the team when they deserve critisism makes me a bad fan then I'll live with it. I only wants what is best for the club, i'm not one to sit back quietly while the club serves up mediocrity on a weekly basis.

If you were realistic then you'd realise that we are a work in progress. But we were last season too and we won a cup' date=' and got to the final of another.

I suppose football clubs always are. If you stop being a work in progress then you start going backwards, which is what happened to us under Hicks & Gillet.[/quote']

As I stated before I don't want to write off a season because we are a 'Work in progress' and if we are playing awful and negative i'm not going to praise the team because 'they tried their best' if you lot think it's good enough to get a two goal lead and sit back at 50 minutes inviting Arsenal on and lose 2 goals in 2 minutes then fine. If you think it's ok to go to Oldham and get played off the park then fine and if you think it's ok to go crashing out of both cups and get beat by Villa at Anfield then fine, but i'm not and I'll call the team out.

Yeah and last season was riddled with off field incidents that flushed our credibility down the toilet as well. So if we were a work in progress as you say then we should have improved this season. I don't think we have, i'm happy to give Rodgers as long as he needs to get us on track but he makes such blatantly obvious mistakes, I don't consider myself to be a tactical genius but i'm certainly not an idiot and i'm certainly not better than Rodgers but if I can see mistakes then they must be obvious.

As for Hicks and Gillett if fans weren't allowed to voice discontent (Which seems to be whats happening to the General Football threads on here) then they'd still be here and we'd be ruined as a club.

Are you guys happy with this season, being 6 points off Everton, being 4 points worse off than last season, being out of both cups? I feel a lot of you guys are covering the blatant cracks in the foundation of the team with this 'Work In Progress', we may be a 'Work in Progress' but I don't want to see fans being happy with mediocrity in the small hope of improving a season later. As soon as the fans become happy with mediocrity, then the club will be.