Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I have not claimed that a manager is only judged on results and results only' date=' though i have been very impressed with him so far. he is an honest, straight individual with a lot of integrity a far cry from the last 6months or so of last season which was all game-playing, in fighting and very destabilising for the club. [/quote']

i think its fair to say that there were many people at the club last season who were bickering and infighting, and there were those who actually cared about the football vs the moneymen like cecil and i know which one i was backing (esp when cecil was leaking countless amounts of info to the press to help him get rid of rafa)

and if you havent noticed roy's made a few comments against the owners so far despite being only 3 weeks into the job...

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

not really bothered about masch leaving, now adays even countries such as brazil are producing excellent dm's, so i dont think there will be a problem replacing him, the only worry is at lb:o

Okay figueroa isnt a world beater, but he is decent, proven at epl level, has just reached him prime, and also better than insua would ever be, hes strong, has a good throw in and a decent shot, also has a bit of pace, not a bad def either, imo would be a DECENT signing.

Do you think Liverpool could attract Raul to Merseyside on a pay-as-you-play deal? I know that 26 apps last season were as a sub, but I think he'd be happy as an impact sub considering his age. I dont see him as a short-term replacement to Torres while he gets fit though, hence my idea of loaning Huntelaar.

Back to Torres, I think he needs a sustained period of no games, just training. Last season Rafa was forced to call on him when he was not 100% fit, more about 70%. Thats bound to do long-term damage and maybe end his career short of the next World Cup. Look at Ledley King now, years of dependence on him despite niggly injuries has brought his career nearly to an end. I know the first game is against Arsenal and then against Manchester City, but I would resist the urge to play him then and wait until maybe a sub role against West Brom, a start against Birmingham, and a start against Man Utd, then dont over-exert him before the Merseyside derby, so dont push him to his limits against Blackpool. Thats just my opinion, but for the first few weeks, he needs 'wrapping in cotton wool' until he can get to 100% fit, when he's at his brilliant best.

Liverpool Close to Double Swap of Maynor Figueroa and Royston Drenthe?

Rumours are flying around that Liverpool are closing in on a double swap for Wigan Athletic left-back Maynor Figueroa and Real Madrid left-wing back Royston Drenthe.

Reports in Honduras are reporting that Figueroa's agent has confirmed Liverpool's interest in the left-back and that Liverpool have agreed a fee in the region of 5 million pounds with Wigan.

Telegraph reporter Rory Smith also said that he believes that Liverpool are close to completing a deal for Figueroa.

Another surprise name is that of Real Madrid left wing back Royston Drenthe. Rumours are that Liverpool could seal his signature on a season-long loan with an option to buy him permanently.

Liverpool are due to hold a press conference on Tuesday at Anfield to announce the signing of a new player as well as the latest on the takeover situation.

There have been some suggestions that two groups have made very solid bids in recent weeks for the club.

Royston Drenthe has claimed on his FaceBook:

"I will soon be joining Liverpool FC. I hope I will have a good season at my new club"

He may have just said it to get some attention, I dunno, but surely if it was a joke he'd risk getting into trouble by Madrid?

Would you welcome his signing? He's a quality player, no doubt. But will he be a flop like Babel, or will it be find form playing regular football.

Also, would he play in his proffered left wing, or as a left full back?

Figueroa's agent is also claiming he's very close to a move so I'm not sure what to believe atm.

Royston Drenthe has claimed on his FaceBook:

"I will soon be joining Liverpool FC. I hope I will have a good season at my new club"

He may have just said it to get some attention' date=' I dunno, but surely if it was a joke he'd risk getting into trouble by Madrid?

Would you welcome his signing? He's a quality player, no doubt. But will he be a flop like Babel, or will it be find form playing regular football.

[b']Also, would he play in his proffered left wing, or as a left full back?[/b]

Figueroa's agent is also claiming he's very close to a move so I'm not sure what to believe atm.

tbf, I don't think he wrote that. Maybe it was him but I don't think so. And wasn't it written to his facebook page almost 2 weeks ago? It it was and he was the one who wrote it, I wonder how come nothing has happened as of yet.

If he was brought here to play as LB, I'd never even buy him. I'd like it if we loaned him for the next season with a chance to a permanent move and used him as a LW (as an impact sub)

Lucas Has been picked for brazil's 24 man squad against USA

... which is played 3 days before the start of the season. I'm happy for the lad but that's shocking timing for an International friendly.

Other news' date=' LFC TV have won the rights to show the French Super Cup final between Marseille and Paris Saint-Germain. It'll become the first ever club channel to show a cup final including 2 non-associated clubs.

I wanna know why [b']Liverpool[/b]'s channel is showing this when they aren't even showing our pre-season games. Waste of club money if you ask me.

... which is played 3 days before the start of the season. I'm happy for the lad but that's shocking timing for an International friendly.

Other news' date=' LFC TV have won the rights to show the French Super Cup final between Marseille and Paris Saint-Germain. It'll become the first ever club channel to show a cup final including 2 non-associated clubs.

I wanna know why [b']Liverpool[/b]'s channel is showing this when they aren't even showing our pre-season games. Waste of club money if you ask me.

it's a pretty big game though and LFCtv might be able to make a load from advertising during half time and before kick off.

According to Sky sports Maxi Rodriguez is on the verge of leaving going back to Spain........

Hodgson obviously dont like the Argies Insua, Mascherano, Maxi

bit disappointed to be honest he could have done a decent job as a squad memeber this season and finding a replacement for next to nothing of simillar abilty is gunna be very very difficult ......so the exodus begins :(

EDIT: PACHECO AGAIN!!!

The guy is class take note Roy!!

According to Sky sports Maxi Rodriguez is on the verge of leaving going back to Spain........

Hodgson obviously dont like the Argies Insua' date=' Mascherano, Maxi

bit disappointed to be honest he could have done a decent job as a squad memeber this season and finding a replacement for next to nothing of simillar abilty is gunna be very very difficult ......so the exodus begins :(

[/b']

The guy is class take note Roy!!

very bad decision if its true. what happens if kuyt gets a bad injury??? our squad is small enough without selling any players.

very bad decision if its true. what happens if kuyt gets a bad injury??? our squad is small enough without selling any players.

He never gets injured. He could use a rest once in a while though. Anyway we shouldn't sell Maxi even if we made a nice profit off him because he's just settling to the EPL and getting better game by game

I agree, was a long time fan of Maxi even before he joiend Liverpool and we havn't seen the best of him by a mile.

The only way I would like to see us selling him is for a big price and with a really good player lined up to replace him.

Have west ham signed Remy yet? I can't sleep at night with worry while Liverpool are still trying to go for him.

Hodgson obviously dont like the Argies Insua' date=' Mascherano, Maxi

The guy is class take note Roy!![/quote']

Would be a dire mistake to let him go if it's true :( . I think he'd be more than a squad player and would have been one of our premier performers to be honest. I sincerely hope it was his own preference and not Roy's decision.

have to laugh cos remy is better than kuyt on his day..

You worry me...immensely :P

Would be a dire mistake to let him go if it's true :( . I think he'd be more than a squad player and would have been one of our premier performers to be honest. I sincerely hope it was his own preference and not Roy's decision.

You worry me...immensely :P

I think that Maxi would have been a squad player TBH but I think he may just not have settled, however as i say to get a replacement though I personally dont think it is absolutely necessary as Kuyt, Cole, Babel even Amoo can al play there.

Pacheco has been amazing today, Spain at all levels are different class.

PS: Bye bye Masch you spoilt brat, if it wernt for Liverpool he could still be wallowing in West Ham's reserves ;):P

If he dont want to play for the best club in the world then Good Riddance is what I say....seen Carlos Salcido linked today in a few places at 2.5m would be decent business was very impressive in the World Cup certainly at that price.

PS: Bye bye Masch you spoilt brat' date=' if it wernt for Liverpool he could still be wallowing in West Ham's reserves ;):P[/quote']

to be fair he wanted to leave a year ago and got on with it last season and was one of the few to try, so cant begrudge him a move, esp with his wife hating england

and getting rid of maxi would be stupid unless he wants to go, class player who definitely brought more out of gerrard and aquilani at the end of last season, and of course he's good mates with nando

oh, and apparently jovanovic was hugging some of the journos in the press conference today!

few rumours going round today that the insua to fiorentina deal has fallen through

the reason the deal is taking so long is Florentia won't pay the wages that insua wants.

jansen, drentre and Reto Ziegler are all set to stay at their clubs:(

who do you want to mascherno to be replaced by?

Javi Martinez

Ever Banega

Scott Parker

Melo

Diarra

Christian Poulsen

Steven Defour

Lee Cattermole

Muntari

also the deal for maxi is apparently only a loan deal which is a joke. why are we loaning out a player of his quality when we have one of the smallest squads in our league