ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Not too sure why this is up on news now, maybe due to Debrecen scandal or some sort. But I'm happy we don't go all out for this guy. Seems he always moved for money. Not to mentioned 26 years of age, not like FSG at all.

Liverpool bound player scored his first England goal. :P

Great pass from Henderson to Ince who won a penalty and then scored his second.

Rnb1H9h.gif

Rodgers said in January that if we don't sign Ince now it doesn't mean we're never going to sign him and in my eyes that's a pretty big hint.

Rnb1H9h.gif

Hendo have been a beast for 45 minutes' date=' but of course some misplaced passing like always. His exploitation in the middle of the park is really great. His audacity to spread the ball and vision to pick his team mates from long distance is good (the clips above is one of them), not to mention his diagonal pass to Jonjo earlier on. And also his crossed that meets Jonjo in front of goal just to see Jonjo missed guided the ball to put it wide from open goal. Love to see his progress this season.

Rodgers said in January that if we don't sign Ince now it doesn't mean we're never going to sign him and in my eyes that's a pretty big hint.
I do hope so. He would be a great addition for us. Looks like playing time in Blackpool have given him a bit of maturity. He played really confidence tonight. Can't wait for summer windows.

Rnb1H9h.gif

Saw the game and I have to admit that was an immaculate pass by Henderson. Wisdom, and Shelvey also featured for the under 21s although Shelvey missed an open header in front of the net. :o

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/05/liverpool-newcastle-hatem-ben-arfa

I think Ben Arfa would be a great signing for us. If we could keep him fit then I dont think there would be many better attacks than ours in the league. Hopefully we will be able to put Carroll in to reduce the fee. Not holding my breath about this happening though.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/05/liverpool-newcastle-hatem-ben-arfa

I think Ben Arfa would be a great signing for us. If we could keep him fit then I dont think there would be many better attacks than ours in the league. Hopefully we will be able to put Carroll in to reduce the fee. Not holding my breath about this happening though.

Carroll is off to West Ham I believe they have an option to buy him at the end of his loan?

Carroll is off to West Ham I believe they have an option to buy him at the end of his loan?

The clubs have agreed a deal but west ham haven't agreed a deal with Carroll yet so it might not happen

More better??

As in ....better:confused::P

I must be a bit slow today as it took me a min to get that :P

Finally there is a mahoosive difference between a GK playing a blinder and willing you to score - If we had drawn 0-0 with you lot with Grobelaar in goal I would have been awfully embarrased:o

That's kinda my point about the game :) , he did play a blinder and kept us to 1-0, unless we are saying hes that good thats the score he fixed it to :P

Either way the only people (I know you was only messing around so don't count you in on this) , who will say anything about this game are people who never watched it, if everyone else reads the report properly by Uefa they will see he wasn't actually in trouble at all for doing anything wrong in our game.

Also Rafa's tactics were not that defensive when we smashed teams including Arsenal, Inter Milan, Madrid, Newcastle and you guys at Old Trafford ;)

We could do a lot worse than Ben Arfa. In fact I don’t think we could do much better than him.

He would be a luxury signing but one we can afford imo. We have decent depth attacking-wise, so if he got an injury it wouldn’t be the end of the world. And, when he is in the starting eleven, our attack would easily be top 4-material. Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Ben Arfa, Sturridge & Suarez as our front six would be fantastic. Plus, Rodgers has shown to be tactically flexible so there would be loads of options on how to use our squad, and attack in particular.

And the thing about Ben Arfa is that unlike the young players + Downing (and Henderson to an extent) in our squad, he takes a lot of responsibility on his shoulders and doesn’t look for other players to win matches. And this is what Gerrard spoke out on some weeks ago, being frustrated that too many of the players look for him to produce the goods. Now we have Sturridge who knows exactly how good he (himself) is, and he’s had quite an impact on our team so far, and we need more players with that type of mentality.

I would be quite happy if Ince and Ben Arfa were our only attacking sigings in the summer. With all the top clubs in the world trying to sign Isco and Eriksen, we might be able to slip Ben Arfa under the radar.

Good shout Mr E.. agree with both you and Suso, Ben Arfa would be a quality signing, him and another keeper and I would be very happy with just that as our summer window, perhaps a couple more players to increase depth, lb, cb etc.

Good shout Mr E.. agree with both you and Suso' date=' Ben Arfa would be a quality signing, him and another keeper and I would be very happy with just that as our summer window, perhaps a couple more players to increase depth, lb, cb etc.[/quote']

A quality attacking winger and a GK has to be the priority imo. Id be over the moon if we could get Ben Arfa and Ter Stegen and sell Reina and Carroll. Another LB as well would be good to give competition to Enrique. I'd like to see us sign another quality box to box CM as well like a Dembele or a Cabaye type of player but I dont think we will sign another CM to be honest. Paulinho would be my choice. In fairness, Henderson has been good lately so its not a massive priority but if we could get someone of their quality then I'd be very happy!

Quite good point have been raised here by Mr.E (sound like secret agent) and Suso regarding Ben Arfa. Not really sure how true the source is regarding Carroll - Newcastle - Ben Arfa but one can dream.

From my point of view when we talked about Sturridge and Arfa, one one trait comes to mind. Selfish player. Before the signing of Sturridge, I'm not really sure how it can be worked out while already have Suarez in our team (well, one of the selfish player, but not to great extent), but it sure does.

I don't know what kind of talk Rodgers gives to Sturridge, but he mold into another player while still keeping his selfish attitude to some degree. And it got me thinking, if we got another player that have this kind of trait (selfish) but of course got the ability for end product, why don't we go for it.

And how Gerrard have been cried for some burden releaser (?), it could work well I think. The selfish trio upfront, while still work as team (as Sturridge suggest), that is quite good I must say.

I think Ben Arfa could be an ace for us.

Quite good point have been raised here by Mr.E (sound like secret agent) and Suso regarding Ben Arfa. Not really sure how true the source is regarding Carroll - Newcastle - Ben Arfa but one can dream.

From my point of view when we talked about Sturridge and Arfa' date=' one one trait comes to mind. Selfish player. Before the signing of Sturridge, I'm not really sure how it can be worked out while already have Suarez in our team (well, one of the selfish player, but not to great extent), but it sure does.

I don't know what kind of talk Rodgers gives to Sturridge, but he mold into another player while still keeping his selfish attitude to some degree. And it got me thinking, if we got another player that have this kind of trait (selfish) but of course got the ability for end product, why don't we go for it.

And how Gerrard have been cried for some burden releaser (?), it could work well I think. The selfish trio upfront, while still work as team (as Sturridge suggest), that is quite good I must say.

I think Ben Arfa could be an ace for us.[/quote']

Strikers need some degree of selfishness. Even when Sturridge is certainly a quiet selfish player, he seems to be eager to cooperate with Suarez and create a great duo.

Hopefully Rodgers realize that Suarez should not be played wide or behind Sturridge but both free in the whole attack front.

This would be my dream starting 11 for the beginning of next season assuming Reina and Carroll are sold:

Ter Stegen

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas

Cabaye Gerrard

Ben Arfa Suarez

Sturridge

I think Ter Stegen, Ben Arfa and Cabaye would come to us and with Rodgers saying he'll have a big budget in summer (40mil+ i would have thought) i think we could afford them. IMO that starting 11 is Top 4 material easily and could possibly even challenge for the title. Before anyone starts slating me as a Football Manager fan, Im not saying we will get them, Im just saying I would like us to get them and I think we possibly could. In reality we will probably buy Ince and pay 20 mil for Williams ;)

Any thoughts?

All this talk about Ben Arfa yet you have coutinho? Not gonna give him a chance then? Cabaye would be a good signing though, same goes goes for Ter Stegen and tbh i think L'pool should be after a good CB from abroad. Skrtel can be used as a rotation player or sold.

All this talk about Ben Arfa yet you have coutinho? Not gonna give him a chance then? Cabaye would be a good signing though' date=' same goes goes for Ter Stegen and tbh i think L'pool should be after a good CB from abroad. Skrtel can be used as a rotation player or sold.[/quote']

Coutinho - We're hardly going to rely on him that much, not until he's gotten a few years of premier league football. Borini, Coutinho, Sterling & Ince as back-up for Suarez, Sturridge & Ben Arfa would be ideal in my eyes.

I agree we need a CB. Carra has changed his game a bit and now seems to be an okay player again, so I kind of hope to have him next season as back-up but we need a new CB and if Skrtel is sold, then maybe even 2 because it doesn't seem like Coates is going to have a future here.

Begovic would be a very good choice for a GK imo, but I must admit I don't think I've ever seen Ter Stegen play, so he could be a lot better than Begovic.