ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Contrary to belief McManaman wasn't anything special and certainly wasn't better than the other midfielders we've had in our era's. As well as that he was a massive douche to the club regarding his transfer.

Interesting teams, will do mine shortly :)

Regarding Mcmanaman, he was an amazing winger for us and the mount of Choas he caused teams was crazy, he free'd up so much space for other players and teams in the end resorted in to man marking him, (how many English players do Madrid and Barca go after?)

Also his transfer, long before he left LFC accepted an offer from Barcelona for him when he didn't want to leave, he rejected the move but this really upset him apprently and was one of the reasons he decided to do what he did.

Kinda similar to how Alonso left in the end I guess.

-Reina-

-Babbel-Hyypia-Carra-Riise

-Alonso-Masch-

-Gerrard-

-Torres-Fowler-Suarez

-------------------------------------------------------

Dont know how anybody can leave Fowler out :o , can't imagine what he would have gone on to do for us if he never got his injury, weve never had a better goal scorer and hes one of the most loyal players to us.

--------------------------------------------------------

Itandje

Abel Xavier -- Kippe -- Djimi Traore -- Konchesky

Diao -- Poulsen

Bruno Cheryou

Nunez -- Meijer -- Diouf

--------------------------------------------------------

I think I woud pretty much agree with Kev's worst team I think, weve had some bad ones but not much worse :P

Strong rumours in Deutschlands and neigbouring countries sports Media industry, that Marc Andre Ter-Stegen has set his sights on becoming the #1 at Liverpool in the summer coming up.

I've seen one report where his agent has already met with the director at Liverpool in the past few weeks - i think it's Ayre his name, not 100% sure.

I am beginning to guess all Liverpool FC fans must be uber-excited about the best U21 GK in the world possibly arriving at Anfield in the 2013 Summer.

At only 20, i believe in 20 years time, this kid will have won everything there is to win in the game, including league championships, world cups etc etc.

A step 10x forward from Reina, do Liverpool FC fans agree?

Strong rumours in Deutschlands and neigbouring countries sports Media industry' date=' that Marc Andre Ter-Stegen has set his sights on becoming the #1 at Liverpool in the summer coming up.

I've seen one report where his agent has already met with the director at Liverpool in the past few weeks - i think it's Ayre his name, not 100% sure.

I am beginning to guess all Liverpool FC fans must be uber-excited about the best U21 GK in the world possibly arriving at Anfield in the 2013 Summer.

At only 20, i believe in 20 years time, this kid will have won everything there is to win in the game, including league championships, world cups etc etc.

A step 10x forward from Reina, do Liverpool FC fans agree?[/quote']

It'd be one of the best transfers I have seen to Liverpool in my time imo. If it worked out that is. But I just can't see him coming to us.

I'd take the majority of German keepers.

It'd be one of the best transfers I have seen to Liverpool in my time imo. If it worked out that is. But I just can't see him coming to us.

I'd take the majority of German keepers.

All Deutsch but one - Hildebrand LOL!!

Worst keeper i have seen in my liftetime and that is something.

He lets goals in for fun at SO4, not sure if he's being paid for it, or wants the publicity from Sky Deutschland much hahahaha.

Deutschland could come up with a starting XI of GK's if they wanted to haha, with all the legendary class keepers we have - Leno, Ter Stegen, Zieler, Ulreich, not forgetting Weidenfeller and Neuer.

Not if he joins Liverpool he won't :)

I doubt it also, but you cant predict what is going to happen in as many as 20 years :)

I doubt you would have predicted City would have gone from a medicore club in division 2 and closest you got to Europe was pre season friendlys to playing in the CL and winning the Premiership

Not if he joins Liverpool he won't :)
I doubt it also' date=' but you cant predict what is going to happen in as many as 20 years :)

I doubt you would have predicted City would have gone from a medicore club in division 2 and closest you got to Europe was pre season friendlys to playing in the CL and winning the Premiership[/quote']

If Ter Stegen and his agent believe the EPL is his next best destiniation: say if Die Fohlen don't reach the top 4 this season, lingering in 7th 7 points behind Frankfurt and Gladbach remain consisten Europa Leaguer's, then who in the EPL would you see the GK domineerer joining?

Liverpool and Man United are the only biggest clubs in England who have GK worries, and Ter Stegen is looking to join the best. The same goes for Robert Lewandowksi.

If LFC do keep improving and buy Ter Stegen they will only push on for a top 3 finish - where they belong!!!

Reina has just lost his skills and will be unveiled as either a Barcelona or Atletico player next season, where Stegen joins LFC for around about 15 million.

If Ter Stegen and his agent believe the EPL is his next best destiniation: say if Die Fohlen don't reach the top 4 this season

Yeah I have no doubts we can attract somebody like him, even if they made the CL I think we might be able to lure him away, has happened many times in the past, I think players have even done it with Newcastle over the last 2 years.

However, I can't see us lifting the EPL title anytime soon, not saying we won't as anything is possible in football and things can soon change and have done many times, but we are pretty far behind at the moment and it's going to be very difficult to close that gap.

Having said that, even now we can match most teams on 1 off games, IF (very big IF) , Rodgers can get us playing like that conistantly against ALL teams, we could do very well (top 4 maybe next year).

Yeah I have no doubts we can attract somebody like him' date=' even if they made the CL I think we might be able to lure him away, has happened many times in the past, I think players have even done it with Newcastle over the last 2 years.

However, I can't see us lifting the EPL title anytime soon, not saying we won't as anything is possible in football and things can soon change and have done many times, but we are pretty far behind at the moment and it's going to be very difficult to close that gap.

Having said that, even now we can match most teams on 1 off games, IF (very big IF) , Rodgers can get us playing like that conistantly against ALL teams, we could do very well (top 4 maybe next year).[/quote']

I agree, and Ter Stegen is such a domineering character, he would only strengthen Liverpool FC's chances of this. I actually believe Liverpool have been missing that Deutsch presence in their side, since the days of Hamann, Babbel, Hyypia etc etc.

Lets not forget what a top manager like Rodgers could do with Ter Stegen, after seeing him transform Henderson and Downing into better players, and Stegen has at least 20 years to play yet. I see Stegen a future long-term LFC captain should he join now, and he is 20x better the calibre of a Begovic or Butland, so LFC fans you won't need to worry much on missing out on Butland, as Ter Stegen has a better chance of pushing Neuer out of the national side, than Butland does against Hart. ;):D

Mcmanaman was an amazing player, I really dont know how anybody can doubt his quality. Brilliant dribbler of the ball the only person who gets close at all is Suarez.

With regards vice-captain has to be Lucas (the obvious and best choice)

My fave Liverpool side remember I am older so can remember from when the PL begun really would have to be something along these lines.

Reina

Best Goalkeeper we have had last twenty years for sure. Gone off the boil lately but between 2006-2011ish he was brilliant quite arguably the best keepr in the PL.

Rob Jones

People probably dont remember Rob but he was an amazing Full-Back, fantastic going forward and calm in defence such a shame injuries ruined his career before it really took flight to the next level, believe me Gary Neville would not have got a look in at RB for England for many years. Marcus Babbel also entered the equation as did Johnson.

John-Arne Riise

Not really many options here, had a bjornabye top as a kid but he wernt that good. Riise has been the best and most consistant, tremendous worker, good delivery scored special goals and had a great terrace song what more could you want.

Carra

Think I said enough on Carra yesterday a proper legend and has given more to this club than words could ever express.

Hyppia

Surely at 2.5m one of the best buys ever. Such a great reader of the game his positioning was superb, Dominant in the air in both boxes and a proper player, no messing just a brilliant defender and professional

Mcmanaman

Seriously brilliant player, fantastic dribbler he was the main man at Liverpool for many years and rescued us so many times, watching him in full flight skinning defenders was a joy to watch, one of the most exciting players to watch as a Liverpool fan IMO.

Gerrard

Quite simply the best Liverpool player I have ever seen, he literally has every single asset a player can have, the proper epitome of the modern day midfielder, the amount of times he has single-handedly carried this club to Glory and his unending service to this club is admirable

Xabi Alonso

The best passer of a ball I have seen in my Liverpool days, elegant and also just ran games from that deep lying position, his importance to the side was only emphasised to it's full effect when he left.

John Barnes

Unfortunatly I only got to see John in his pomp in the late 80's at a couple of games, but Like Mcmanaman a genius with the ball. Had to refine his game as he got older but again brilliant passer, vision and capable of the spectacular goal. Such a shame I didnt get to see him in his real pompbetween 87-91 really. Quite easy to see why many think he is up there with the best players Liverpool have ever had and has to be in my side.

Fowler

The best goalscorer I have seen in my time, just had a knack of being in the right place at the right time and if you gave him a glimpse at goal he nearly always scored, again another local lad which helps and was seriously under-rated by some to us Liverpool fans it was easy to see where the nickname "God" came from

Suarez

I think i have said it all about Luis, genuine world-class he just brings the excitement factor, there are not many players you would pay to watch just for them but Luis is one, a Genius and only sits behind Stevie in my list of the best Players in my time I have seen.

Where do i start .:D

442:

-Clemence-

Neal-Yeats-Hughes-Lindsay

Callaghan -Hamman-Souness-Heighway

Hunt-Dalglish

Or ;)

443:

-Lawrence-

Lawler-Hansen-Thompson-Smith

Houghten -Molby-Whelan-Berger

Rush -Fowler-Owen

Or :eek:

352;

-Reina-

Jones-Hyypia-Carragher-Riese

McManaman-Alonso-Mascherano-Gerrard-Barnes

Torres-Suarez

Forget it :P.

My list is endless ,you can mix all them above and make great sides .:)

i cant pick one side! too many players i am attached to!

my first side from my era was the 94/95 lineup....front 5 were to die for...

GK David James

RB Rob Jones CB John Scales CB Neil Ruddock CB Phil Babb LB Stig Inge Bjornebye

CM Jamie Redknapp CM John Barnes

AM Steve McManaman

CF Robbie Fowler CF Ian Rush

But if i had to be ruthless..

GK Reina

RB Babbel CB Carragher CB Hyypia LB Glen Johnson

DM Alonso

CM Hamann CM Gerrard

AM Suarez

CF Fowler CF Owen

dreadful to leave out Rushie but only caught his twilight, same with Barnes...

Or :eek:

352;

-Reina-

Jones-Hyypia-Carragher-Riese

McManaman-Alonso-Mascherano-Gerrard-Barnes

Torres-Suarez

I reckon that team would do really well.

mainly because of that new 4-5-2 formation, which is cheating :P

This would be the best team Liverpool FC has ever had over 60 years of football - i cannot say my favourite as i do not support them but nobody can argue this team would be pure dominneeeerance:

Westerweld

Carragher Hansen© Hyppia G.Johnson

Gerrard Alonso Smicer Luis Garcia

Suarez Dalgleish

If all these players were 25 years old at the same time, it would be very hard, to look past them winning the English title relentless in a decade-period until they were 35.

This would be the best team Liverpool FC has ever had over 60 years of football - i cannot say my favourite as i do not support them but nobody can argue this team would be pure dominneeeerance:

Westerweld

Suarez Dalgleish

If all these players were 25 years old at the same time' date=' it would be very hard, to look past them winning the English title relentless in a decade-period until they were 35.[/center']

Luis Garcia is a hero of mine but no way is he anywhere near good to have been in the best team of the last 60 years, he was far too inconsistent. Barnes and McManaman were much better. Smicer would be nowhere near the team as well imo as well as johnson

Hi all, sorry if all I seem to do now is advertise stuff but I'm in need of a little help.

I have started @ThinkingLFC (on twitter) and have 1.8K people following me who I don't follow back. I'm in need of an admin for the website I'm launching today. All that you have to do is add blogs people do for me to the website and potentially tweet links to it to a number of people I will give you. The name of.

If your intrested please just get in touch, I can reward you with publicity on twitter and you will be part of a fast growing project.

Cheers.

Westerweld

Suarez Dalgleish

If all these players were 25 years old at the same time' date=' it would be very hard, to look past them winning the English title relentless in a decade-period until they were 35.[/center']

Well, that's kinda weird, just looked at ur SM profile, and you've recently changed your favourite football club .... from Liverpool to Borussia Dortmund :rolleyes:

Scared of someone knowing you're a Liverpool fan ? lol

Westerweld

Suarez Dalgleish

The best Liverpool team ever had in 60 years are you mad? Garcia wasn't that good just scored the odd important goal. What about Souness, Barnes, Rush, Fowler, Keegan and many more players that are better than half the team you said.

Westerweld

Suarez Dalgleish

Well i suppose your location is dream land.

I was waiting for somebody to put Sander Westerveld in :D I take back what I said about McManaman my mother has told me otherwise of how good he was :o and I mixed him up with someone else (I won't say who)

Commander half those players wouldn't make it in the team of 60 Years.

Anybody see SoccerAM's Carragher tribute? A video of all his own goals, some were very good :P

Again strong links with Ter Stegen one of my mates over there on holiday says it's on the back of one of the papers that he's aiming for Liverpool's No.1 spot. Would be an unbelievable signing imo.

So how do you guys line-up against West Brom?

I was waiting for somebody to put Sander Westerveld in :D I take back what I said about McManaman my mother has told me otherwise of how good he was :o and I mixed him up with someone else (I won't say who)

Commander half those players wouldn't make it in the team of 60 Years.

Anybody see SoccerAM's Carragher tribute? A video of all his own goals' date=' some were very good :P

Again strong links with Ter Stegen one of my mates over there on holiday says it's on the back of one of the papers that he's aiming for Liverpool's No.1 spot. Would be an unbelievable signing imo.

So how do you guys line-up against West Brom?[/quote']

Would like to see Coutinho play some minutes as he's ineligible for the Europa League. Popov is suspended for the Baggies so I expect them to line up Ridgewell-Olsson-McAuley-Reid/Jones. Also dont know what Shane Long's situation is, he went off with an ankle injury vs Tottenham, so up front it could be Lukaku and Fortune.

Reina

Wisdom-Carra-Agger-Johnson

Lucas-Hendo

Gerrard

Downing-Sturridge-Suarez

Subs: Jones, Enrique, Skrtel, Coutinho, Shelvey, Borini, Sterling