ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

From what I've read and saw Liverpool will have a 1 billion budget in the summer.Seems like you're going to activate Messi's release clause and I've saw that he said he always wanted to play for a club like Liverpool.Ronaldo said that Liverpool is the only one who can affrod him at the moment so he'll probably join you aswell with Casillias to follow as he isnt anymore on the Mourinho plans.Fabio Coentrao will make the 3 to join from Real as Marcelo is there and he's in a conflict with Mou. I have read that Ibra wants to try the PL life and he's a Liverpool fan since he was a kid.Don't have time to write about all your targets in the summer as you can buy a lot with 1 billion.I will simply write how your XI should look:

Casillias

Johnson-Godin-Agger-Coentrao

Schurrle-Jovetic-Steve G-Ronaldo

Messi-Ibra

Simply amazing.

I never knew Jovetic was a central midfielder ;).

To be honest' date=' I wouldnt be that fussed about us getting eriksen. He has ability but he is quite lightweight so im not sure he would adapt. Plus he isnt defensive so it would mean Gerrard would have to play as a DM, therefore relinquishing the freedom he has had from Henderson helping out defensively. Saying that, it wouldnt be the worse signing in the world as he is a good player.[/quote']

Eriksen could easily hit the weights and become stronger - thats what devloping at Liverpools Melwood is all about - improving a players weaknesses!! He has the skills and the will, to make sure he can fulfill, his dream of being a champions league winner.

Oh yes i'm sure Christian Eriksen is just dying to work with a world beater like Gary Hooper.............................:rolleyes:

Gary Hooper with Rudnevs' date=' are the best 18 yard box clinical goal poachers i have seen this season. If anyone can name any goal-go-getting scorers this season who are affordable for Liverpool, please fire away.

Nah, we always lost our target in last minute deal. So, I would not be excited just yet. Plus it is still too early to speculate, January windows just shut it's door.

Unless Spurs come in with a 25m August 31st style offer and Liverpool miss out once more. Although i could see Man United stealing Eriksens signature, just like they did from Liverpool for Shinji!

From what I've read and saw Liverpool will have a 1 billion budget in the summer.Seems like you're going to activate Messi's release clause and I've saw that he said he always wanted to play for a club like Liverpool.Ronaldo said that Liverpool is the only one who can affrod him at the moment so he'll probably join you aswell with Casillias to follow as he isnt anymore on the Mourinho plans.Fabio Coentrao will make the 3 to join from Real as Marcelo is there and he's in a conflict with Mou. I have read that Ibra wants to try the PL life and he's a Liverpool fan since he was a kid.Don't have time to write about all your targets in the summer as you can buy a lot with 1 billion.I will simply write how your XI should look:

Casillias

Johnson-Godin-Agger-Coentrao

Schurrle-Jovetic-Steve G-Ronaldo

Messi-Ibra

Simply amazing.

Thats a pretty poor team you've lined up there MUTD!!!

Gary Hooper = 8m, Ter Stegen = 12m, Eriksen = 10m.

Liverpool have around 30-40m, so these targets are much better and realistic.

Also Godin, Coentrao, Ronaldo and Ibrah are not of Liverpool standards, and lets not forget Suarez > Ibrah, Enrique > Coentrao and Skrtel > Godin.

Although Schurrle and Jovetic would be top signings for the Red Giants, and Liverpool have been linked with them in the past. ;);):D:cool:

Eriksen could easily hit the weights and become stronger - thats what devloping at Liverpools Melwood is all about - improving a players weaknesses!! He has the skills and the will' date=' to make sure he can fulfill, his dream of being a champions league winner.

Gary Hooper with Rudnevs, are the best 18 yard box clinical goal poachers i have seen this season. If anyone can name any goal-go-getting scorers this season who are affordable for Liverpool, please fire away.

Unless Spurs come in with a 25m August 31st style offer and Liverpool miss out once more. Although i could see Man United stealing Eriksens signature, just like they did from Liverpool for Shinji!

Thats a pretty poor team you've lined up there MUTD!!!

Gary Hooper = 8m, Ter Stegen = 12m, Eriksen = 10m.

Liverpool have around 30-40m, so these targets are much better and realistic.

Also Godin, Coentrao, Ronaldo and Ibrah are not of Liverpool standards, and lets not forget Suarez > Ibrah, Enrique > Coentrao and Skrtel > Godin.

Although Schurrle and Jovetic would be top signings for the Red Giants, and Liverpool have been linked with them in the past. ;);):D:cool:[/quote']

Yeah..my mistake.Godin,Coentrao,Ronaldo and Zlatan are not good enough for Liverpool..Not even Messi.He can't perform good outside Spain.And yeah...Suarez is deffo better then Ibra but i forgot about him.Enrique is twice of a LB..I agree with you!;)

To be honest' date=' I wouldnt be that fussed about us getting eriksen. He has ability but he is quite lightweight so im not sure he would adapt. Plus he isnt defensive so it would mean Gerrard would have to play as a DM, therefore relinquishing the freedom he has had from Henderson helping out defensively. Saying that, it wouldnt be the worse signing in the world as he is a good player.[/quote']

Gerrard has been very good in his 'new' role, playing alongside Lucas. While Henderson does help out defensively Gerrard has a quite restricted role. When we have the ball, he joins the attacks but doesn't get near the box that often (just look at where his goals against Norwich and Man C came from). Without the ball he's alongside Lucas, in front of the centre-backs.

Now if we replaced Henderson with Eriksen our pressing game might suffer a bit (depending on formation), but with the ball we would be much more dangerous.

I don't think Eriksen would struggle adapting to the premier league although it might take its time. And also, I don't see the fact we signed Coutinho being a hindrance to signing an attacking midfielder.

Dont know why any Liverpool fan would be against us signing Eriksen and not be anything but excited, we would be extremely lucky to prize him away from Ajax with all the other top European clubs chasing him, yes we have a fair few AM/CM's, but Eriksen is just on another technical level, doubt he'll sign for us anyway, though he may see Suarez's development at the club as an inspiration.

Also stop trolling the thread mutd with your fake acount, at first ye it was a bit of a joke, but now its getting boring.

Dont know why any Liverpool fan would be against us signing Eriksen and not be anything but excited' date=' we would be extremely lucky to prize him away from Ajax with all the other top European clubs chasing him, yes we have a fair few AM/CM's, but Eriksen is just on another technical level, doubt he'll sign for us anyway, though he may see Suarez's development at the club as an inspiration.

Also stop trolling the thread mutd with your fake acount, at first ye it was a bit of a joke, but now its getting boring.[/quote']

I do like him, he is a good player and would be a coup for the club. Im just saying I wouldnt be too bothered if we didnt sign him cos I think we need a more physically dominating box to box midfielder than a flair player :P

I do like him' date=' he is a good player and would be a coup for the club. Im just saying I wouldnt be too bothered if we didnt sign him cos I think we need a more physically dominating box to box midfielder than a flair player :P[/quote']

Box to Box players can be found like cars...theres just so much out there, look no further than Ligue 1 for example, whilst i agree with you i would like to see the club sign a player like Moussa Sissoko, i doubt it will happen as that sort of player doesnt really fit BR's 'philosophy', theres only a few players in the world with the quality that Eriksen has, and he can only get better.

Dont know why any Liverpool fan would be against us signing Eriksen and not be anything but excited' date=' we would be extremely lucky to prize him away from Ajax with all the other top European clubs chasing him, yes we have a fair few AM/CM's, but Eriksen is just on another technical level, doubt he'll sign for us anyway, though he may see Suarez's development at the club as an inspiration.

[b']Also stop trolling the thread mutd with your fake acount, at first ye it was a bit of a joke, but now its getting boring.[/b]

It isn't MUTD ...

Box to Box players can be found like cars...theres just so much out there' date=' look no further than Ligue 1 for example, whilst i agree with you i would like to see the club sign a player like Moussa Sissoko, i doubt it will happen as that sort of player doesnt really fit BR's 'philosophy', theres only a few players in the world with the quality that Eriksen has, and he can only get better.[/quote']

Yep, he's a quality player no doubt but I think Gerrard is better with another runner in midfield (Henderson) like he has been this last month which has been his best period this season. Putting Eriksen in, means Gerrard will have to revert back to DM/Alonso position where he has been less influential earlier in the season. At least if we did get Eriksen it would show ambition and that we want proven quality rather than one-season wonders :P

Im interested to know how much Eriksen would cost, about 20 mil?

Box to Box players can be found like cars...theres just so much out there' date=' look no further than Ligue 1 for example, whilst i agree with you i would like to see the club sign a player like Moussa Sissoko, i doubt it will happen as that sort of player doesnt really fit BR's 'philosophy', theres only a few players in the world with the quality that Eriksen has, and he can only get better.[/quote']

Can they? I think creative AMs are easier to find but they tend to cost more.

And Mr. E, I really don't think Gerrard's role would change much at all if we signed Eriksen. He's already playing the Alonso role except that occasionally he gets a little higher up the pitch than Alonso ever did, because Gerrard is more of a goal threat. But ultimately he's the deep creative playmaker at the moment that Alonso used to be for us. I think Gerrard has now finally adapted to his new role, it's not as much about the players he's playing with but simply learning that role better and better.

Henderson - Lucas - Gerrard

Eriksen

Sturridge - Suarez

That doesn't look too bad, does it? Johnson and Enrique are capable of providing the width.

And Mr. E' date=' I really don't think Gerrard's role would change much at all if we signed Eriksen. He's already playing the Alonso role except that occasionally he gets a little higher up the pitch than Alonso ever did, because Gerrard is more of a goal threat. But ultimately he's the deep creative playmaker at the moment that Alonso used to be for us. I think Gerrard has now finally adapted to his new role, it's not as much about the players he's playing with but simply learning that role better and better.

[center']Henderson - Lucas - Gerrard

Eriksen

Sturridge - Suarez[/center]

That doesn't look too bad, does it? Johnson and Enrique are capable of providing the width.

Yep, on paper that is a great team but would Rodgers be willing to play that formation? I cant see him wanting to drastically change his formation to 4312. Saying that, I would very confident going into next season with a midfield and attack of that quality.

Another player that we've been linked with a lot is Arda Turan, heard he is a great player. He really wants to come to us and has said he wants to move this summer so he could be a possibility if rodgers actually wants him.

Might actually win then.............................:P

Sorry poor joke

Entered a competition to win a signed one. We beat Chelsea last time we wore the charity on the shirt. Downing missed a penalty during normal time and John Barnes scored a penalty blindfolded during the half time break.

Suarez looks like the Suarez of last season; promising with little end product. He looks very isolated though and whilst you've often had the ball around the WBA area, your only solid chances have come from set pieces.

Would like to see Coutinho in the second half.

Suarez looks like the Suarez of last season; promising with little end product. He looks very isolated though and whilst you've often had the ball around the WBA area' date=' your only solid chances have come from set pieces.

Would like to see Coutinho in the second half.[/quote']

Same may as well chuck him on for Shelvey who has done nothing of note so far. Problem with putting on Coutinho is that West Brom are playing physical, been a fair few times where Suarez has been taken out and Coutinho's lightweight.

And Mr. E' date=' I really don't think Gerrard's role would change much at all if we signed Eriksen. He's already playing the Alonso role except that occasionally he gets a little higher up the pitch than Alonso ever did, because Gerrard is more of a goal threat. But ultimately he's the deep creative playmaker at the moment that Alonso used to be for us. I think Gerrard has now finally adapted to his new role, it's not as much about the players he's playing with but simply learning that role better and better.

[center']Henderson - Lucas - Gerrard

Eriksen

Sturridge - Suarez[/center]

Yes that looks good. But isn't Rodgers a 4-3-3 man through and through? As far as I'm aware he's played that formation for the majority if not all of his managerial career, and I dunno how flexible he seems about it