ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Mulumbu - Jamesy Morrison and Lukuku WHAT A FRONT 3!!!

I like all 3 players so very much all should be 90 rated on SM!! They are so direct all could get in a top 4 Der Bundesliga team!!! Relentless and direct players so so good!!

Brendan Rodgers needs to stop buying lightweight players' date=' or it could be the end of him!!![/quote']

They are not a front three, what are you on about?

You have money on it?

I'm on a "break" but I wouldn't of anyway. Like some of the comments from fellow Liverpool fans have said, far too unpredictable (or predictable if you like in that they do well against the big sides then do this against the lesser sides)

They are not a front three' date=' what are you on about?[/quote']

Not generally, but tonight, Mulumbu pulled the strings quite comfortably going forward. I will be very unsatisfied if WBA don't make the top 7. One of the most direct teams in the EPL!!

Lukuku driving at Agger was such a great sight - i thought i saw Didier for a second haha!!! Top finish and great dribbling ability. Stevey Clarke should have been appointed next Liverpool manager - similarly to how Barca appoint assistant managers from within their setup!!! Top manager!!

It was like you'd regressed by months. Inability to score, Suarez looking headless and going back to the diving, conceding cheap goals, no shape whatsoever in attack.

Hats off to WBA though. Foster was terrific and they defended brilliantly. Lukaku looked excellent when he came on.

It was like you'd regressed by months. Inability to score' date=' Suarez looking headless and going back to the diving, conceding cheap goals, no shape whatsoever in attack.

Hats off to WBA though. Foster was terrific and they defended brilliantly. Lukaku looked excellent when he came on.[/quote']

It seems WBA's gameplan to let Suarez drop deep and have Yacob track him worked well,when Suarez did run at the defence he always seemed to get crowded out except for one time when he had a terrible shot.

WBA did get a bit lucky of course but it's the hardly first time it's happened this season with Villa been another example,if you can get to the 60 minute mark against Liverpool defending deep then it seems like the opposition grow in confidence,Liverpool grow in nervousness and therefore the momentum is with the away side and they've gone onto get a result,for example most of the time the other top sides go onto win from this position,real concern for Liverpool moving forward,even when it went 1-0 to WBA the lack of threat from Liverpool from then on in would be a concern too as WBA was dictating the point at the moment.

On another night Gerrard would have scored and Liverpool would have gone onto win,but WBA took there chances and the gamble paid off,it won't be the last time it pays off either and I think Rodgers needs to adapt and find other ways to break down defences than just pass pass pass.

Lukaku and Foster were terrific though,still the main reason Liverpool didn't win the game despite all the pressure.

Can they? I think creative AMs are easier to find but they tend to cost more.

[/center]

AM's of Eriksens quality are easier to find than the likes of Moussa Sissoko, Tiote, Diame, etc etc?

Credit to West brom, they came with a game plan and it worked, same old story for us lacking creativity/movement/intelligence and more importantly an actual target in the box, really frustrating, if there were any hopes of top 4 finish they've all but vanished today.

Yet again the doom-mongerers out in force :o

It was just one of those nights, created plenty of chances but didnt put them away. I dont think the performance was that bad we created plenty and until we went 1-0 down WBA had created literally nothing, bar Ben Foster we would have won at a canter.

Missed Sturridge badly already, especially at home just hoping for Steveie or Luis to produce something special and they cant do it all the time.

Because somebody dont have there best game dont mean they have regressed by months, alright Luis didnt have his shooting boots on tonight, but blimey he has had them on most of the season give the guy a break! Think where we would be without him. Dont think it was a dive either definete contact, mind you I dont think it is a penalty either.

Mind you like others once we brought on the Tinie Tempahs of Sterling, Coutinho and with our uncanny habit always thought we are susceptible to a set-piece and Agger lost his man. His defending for Lukaku's goal was pretty woeful as well, another case of individual mistakes costing us.

Shelvey was awful and that was by far the worst game I have seen Glen Johnson have in a long time. Borini yet again offered nothing,

Ahh this is what you come to expect as a Liverpool fan, always one step forward two steps back. Reminded me a lot of last season at home complete domination but not getting the goals.

On the plus side I thought Downing had yet another good game and thought Hendo was also very decent again and was dissapointed to see him come off. Lucas also looks game by game to be getting back to his very top level.

Surprised nobody has blamed Pepe yet though ;):P

Glen Johnson - been absolute tosh from the start, god knows how many misplaced passes and casually let the ball slipped from under his nose goes straight to out of the pitch.

Jose Enrique - slightly better than his teammates Johnson, but still the second most ridiculous player for our side. Gives the ball away one times too many, stray passes, baffling tracking back.

Pepe Reina - 3 shot on target. 1 conceded the corner (that lead to goal). 1 goal. 1 another goal.

Lucas Leiva - Man of the match performance hands down.

The moment we take off Henderson, we completely removed the momentum and the dynamics of the play.

I'm so mad right now. I can't even be positive like I always do!

Glen Johnson - been absolute tosh from the start' date=' god knows how many misplaced passes and casually let the ball slipped from under his nose goes straight to out of the pitch.

[b']Jose Enrique[/b] - slightly better than his teammates Johnson, but still the second most ridiculous player for our side. Gives the ball away one times too many, stray passes, baffling tracking back.

Pepe Reina - 3 shot on target. 1 conceded the corner (that lead to goal). 1 goal. 1 another goal.

Lucas Leiva - Man of the match performance hands down.

The moment we take off Henderson, we completely removed the momentum and the dynamics of the play.

I'm so mad right now. I can't even be positive like I always do!

Yeh coz it was his fault tonight wern't it.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You mean when he conceded the corner with that absolutely magnificent finger-tip save from Mulumbu :rolleyes:

Suppose it is his fault Agger loses his man from the corner and then allows Lukaku to walk through.....

Seriously seen it all now......offically a witch hunt....

How anybody can blame him for anything tonight is beyond belief.

Entered a competition to win a signed one. We beat Chelsea last time we wore the charity on the shirt. Downing missed a penalty during normal time and John Barnes scored a penalty blindfolded during the half time break.

i dont wanna see the shirt again!

another pen missed in normal time, but God scored blindfolded!

the only positives i could get from that performance was Henderson was great and Downing played with some conviction & confidence...

Too right it was like we were 3 months ago, we should of had the game done and dusted in the first half, Agger had 2 great opportunities to score, plus the Penalty, the graphic that popped up on Sky showing all Gerrards pens in the bottom left go in and he goes the other way??!!.......Hopefully its out the system in time for the next game.

About it really!

I'm not being funny, but Liverpool really must sell 10-12 players, and purchase 6 or so players e.g. Indi, Mirin, Howedes, Hooper, Ter Stegen, Herrmann and make a complete radical change. I promise all Liverpool fans here, that the current squad just is not of quality to make a top 4 finish!! There are at least 10 teams better than Liverpool including Stoke!!

Their scouts, agents and negotiators i personally think are the downfall of the once european dominating giant!!! B)

Yeh coz it was his fault tonight wern't it.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You mean when he conceded the corner with that absolutely magnificent finger-tip save from Mulumbu :rolleyes:

Suppose it is his fault Agger loses his man from the corner and then allows Lukaku to walk through.....

Seriously seen it all now......offically a witch hunt....

How anybody can blame him for anything tonight is beyond belief.

Yeah I know, kind of witch hunt. I can't even think straight now. :o

He can't do anything for the first attempt, that lead to corner.

As for the first goal, I think he should at least make an effort to fight for the ball, but he instead stranded on his line, not making a moves.

The second, he should do better than that, the ball strike straight at him, in fact, the ball just passed under his arm / armpit (?) I don't even know. :o

I'm not being funny' date=' but Liverpool really must sell 10-12 players, and purchase 6 or so players e.g. Indi, Mirin, Howedes, Hooper, Ter Stegen, Herrmann and make a complete radical change. I promise all Liverpool fans here, that the current squad just is not of quality to make a top 4 finish!! There are at least 10 teams better than Liverpool including Stoke!!

Their scouts, agents and negotiators i personally think are the downfall of the once european dominating giant!!! B)[/quote']

Why don't we cut the chase and start buying Morrison and Mulumbu, like you suggested awhile ago? :)

Yeah I know' date=' kind of witch hunt. I can't even think straight now. :o

He can't do anything for the first attempt, that lead to corner.

As for the first goal, I think he should at least make an effort to fight for the ball, but he instead stranded on his line, not making a moves.

The second, he should do better than that, the ball strike straight at him, in fact, the ball just passed under his arm / armpit (?) I don't even know. :o[/quote']

There was no chance of Reina getting the ball off a corner, to many players in his way and the ball in was fantastic. Can't really be faulted for anything tonight.

There was no chance of Reina getting the ball off a corner' date=' to many players in his way and the ball in was fantastic. Can't really be faulted for anything tonight.[/quote']

http://www.fasthighlights.com/video/liverpool-west-bromwich-2-26755.htm

From the highlight, the ball goes straight to the space inside the box (where there is no player in there), also Reina is loose guarded and in better position ahead of WBA player, he should at least make an effort to punch the ball. :o

I'm not being funny' date=' but Liverpool really must sell 10-12 players, and purchase 6 or so players e.g. Indi, Mirin, Howedes, Hooper, Ter Stegen, Herrmann and make a complete radical change. I promise all Liverpool fans here, that the current squad just is not of quality to make a top 4 finish!! There are at least 10 teams better than Liverpool including Stoke!!

Their scouts, agents and negotiators i personally think are the downfall of the once european dominating giant!!! B)[/quote']

im not being funny!! why the hell would we want to abandon our traditions of local & domestic players and sign a whole squad of johnny foreigners.....of all you mention are untried, untrusted and inexperienced in the EPL!!!!!!!!

Yeah not top 4 this season, or even next, but the right minded of us on here all ready know & accept that. The foundations have been laid for a side that will blossom over the next few years when our core of young players gain more and more experience..

also you are still yet to post the links i have asked for regarding all these 'reports' you have seen with Ter Stegen joining Liverpool...

What a load of absolute nonsense.

I predict Liverpool to finish 8th this season, behind Swansea who are guarenteed Europa League football either way. I personally think Liverpool should just concentrate on Zenit and winning the Europa league, as Hulk and Kerzakhov must be licking their lips, to destroy a weak CB partnership like Agger and Skrtel!!! How these 2 are rated 90 is beyond me!!!

Liverpool 2013/14 potential top 4 finishing team (only chance of Liverpool ever finishing 4th in the next 10 years)

Ter Stegen

Wisdom Mirin Howedes Martins Indi

Herrmann Lucas Gerrard Sterling

Hooper Suarez

Subs: Gulasci, Kelly, Robinson, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge Caroll

I wouldn't mind being the Liverpool boss/scout/negotiator and run the whole club at the same time!!

Anyone agree with this sort of team and depth, and possibly Van Baasten/Rijkaard as the manager?? Or even me lol?;)B):)