• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

actually i'd love defour - potentially top class player

He is not a player in the Mascherano mould that is for sure, very simillar to Aquilani not only in style of play but his injury proneness, personally dont think we need his type.

Javi Martinez is the best option by a long way but just cant see it happening, the guy is class, pure class. Of the rest I think Banega or Scott Parker (who is perfect for that role but prob to expensive) are the best bet.

Also i thought for the first 4months of lst season Mascherano went missing, sulking more like though to be fair his form Jan onwards was nearer to his 08-09 level but still not as good as he could be. If we have to sell one player he is the player said it a lot of times but much easier to replace a holding midfielder than a world-class striker they are so much rarer and a priceless comodity to have.

have to laugh cos remy is better than kuyt on his day..

What days that then, Febuary 29th?

I never thought much of you in the first place, but to say Remy would even be fit to clean up after Kuyt took a dump is crazy.

As for Defour, he was a player (along with Sahin, Veloso and a few others) I suggested some time ago. But I think with interest from Man U for him he may be too out of our price range.

If we did get him though it would be great, he has amazing potential and another player with great skil which we needl.

Doesn't look like the Rabotnicki Skopje vs Liverpool game will be shown on tv on Thursday, atleast it wont on freeview, and i don't think SKY have the tv rights to show Europa league games so it doesn't seem it'll be on. Im not to sure about the second leg, but ill let you know when i find out, there's more chance of that being on, as we're at home.

Doesn't look like the Rabotnicki Skopje vs Liverpool game will be shown on tv on Thursday' date=' atleast it wont on freeview, and i don't think SKY have the tv rights to show Europa league games so it doesn't seem it'll be on. Im not to sure about the second leg, but ill let you know when i find out, there's more chance of that being on, as we're at home.[/quote']

its on a pay per view channel on sky (channel 480)

Is it true that Liverpool have agreed a £2.5 million fee for Luke Young?

looks like it - decent squad player i guess who was in the england fold not too long ago

Is it true that Liverpool have agreed a £2.5 million fee for Luke Young?

Would seem to be a 'horses for courses' signing if it goes ahead. It ticks all the boxes - homegrown' date=' versatile, EPL experience. Hardly the most adventurous of signings if it goes ahead and I would be a little worried if he's being signed to cover the LB void, but as the saying goes with our current predicament [i']beggars can't be choosers [/i]:o:(

Our 20 man squad for Rabotnicki trip: Cavalieri, Aquilani, Agger, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Wilson, Ngog, Spearing, Darby, Shelvey, Kelly, Skrtel, Eccleston, Ayala, Hansen, Gulacsi, Amoo, Dalla Valle, Ince.

The ones in bold are the ones who I'd love to see start. The ones in red are who I think should never have been selected for the trip. Agger, Skrtel, Ayala, Soto, Kelly (could play RB) & Wilson for CB is quite a lot unless Agger is going to play LB.

Also, Degen not in the squad.... Maybe he has played his last game for Liverpool?

Our 20 man squad for Rabotnicki trip: Cavalieri' date=' [b']Aquilani[/b], Agger, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Wilson, Ngog, Spearing, Darby, Shelvey, Kelly, Skrtel, Eccleston, Ayala, Hansen, Gulacsi, Amoo, Dalla Valle, Ince.

The ones in bold are the ones who I'd love to see start. The ones in red are who I think should never have been selected for the trip. Agger, Skrtel, Ayala, Soto, Kelly (could play RB) & Wilson for CB is quite a lot unless Agger is going to play LB.

Also, Degen not in the squad.... Maybe he has played his last game for Liverpool?

Let's keep everything crossed shall we?

I think Agger for sure will be left back. Who else is there for that role?

Cavalieri

Kelly Kyrigiakos Wilson Agger

Lucas Aquilani

Amoo Shelvy Jovanovic

N'Gog

Is how I would like to see us line up, with the full backs not going forward as much and Jovanovic and Amoo attacking as much as possable.

Cavalieri

Lucas Aquilani

Amoo Shelvy Jovanovic

N'Gog

Is how I would like to see us line up' date=' with the full backs not going forward as much and Jovanovic and Amoo attacking as much as possable.[/quote']

I believe Kelly, Darby and maybe Wilson can play there. Anyway the lineup you have is probably the kind we should play with. Would like to see Gulacsi in goal though...

Our 20 man squad for Rabotnicki trip: Cavalieri' date=' [b']Aquilani[/b], Agger, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Wilson, Ngog, Spearing, Darby, Shelvey, Kelly, Skrtel, Eccleston, Ayala, Hansen, Gulacsi, Amoo, Dalla Valle, Ince.

Those Ive underlined played in the World Cup. Hodgson said he wouldnt take any of his world cup players unless they would start, so Id expect them to start for sure.

Cavalieri

Lucas Aquilani

Amoo Shelvy Jovanovic

N'Gog

Is how I would like to see us line up' date=' with the full backs not going forward as much and Jovanovic and Amoo attacking as much as possable.[/quote']

That'd be the team I'd play, except I'd start Gulascsi in goal. I'd also be surprised to see Shelvey start (as he hasn't in pre-seaon) and after hearing Roy's words of encouragement to Spearing I wouldn't be surprised to see him alongside Lucas with Aquilani in a more attacking role.

I dunno what is going on' date=' why would any team want Luke Young?

maybe 5 years ago.. but not now.[/quote']

The more I think about it, the more I come to the same conclusion. If we're contemplating buying him to play in his favoured RB position, we're simply pushing Stephen Kelly further down the pecking order. If we've signed him for LB - Why?? Surely there's a natural LB we can get instead. Unless Johnson is still being coveted by some club behind closed doors, I can't see any benefit at all (other than the homegrown rota argument). Aston villa must be loving it!

I dunno what is going on' date=' why would any team want Luke Young?

maybe 5 years ago.. but not now.[/quote']

As Smartdoc said, he will provide good back up to Johnson, he can be registered as a home grown player, and he is versatile. £2.75m could turn out to be a pretty good deal for him, he's not bad at all for back up. And he'd probably get into any of the bottom half teams apart from Sunderland at RB.

The more I think about it' date=' the more I come to the same conclusion. If we're contemplating buying him to play in his favoured RB position, we're simply pushing Stephen Kelly further down the pecking order. If we've signed him for LB - Why?? Surely there's a natural LB we can get instead. [/quote']

he's someone who can play both FB positions and fills a quota slot, plus he's a decent if not great player who could do a solid job at stand in, and also it reduces the likelihood of kelly playing far too much like with insua last season

Aston villa must be loving it!

not when they paid £6m for him 2 years ago

oh, and apparently fabio's signed a 1 year pay as you play deal

Im actually fuming were letting him go, big fan of his.

he rarely played RB for us, virtually all the time he did play was at LB.

But is obviously a very competetant RB.

He is a good player, and i never under stood why he didnt play for us more.

We made a loss ( seem to say this every time with Oneils transfers )

and he is a good player, definately not loving it.

Nice squad player for you guys, not setting the world alight, im not claming that but more than adequate enough to play cup games, and be called upon when injuries occur.

Im actually fuming were letting him go' date=' big fan of his.

he rarely played RB for us, virtually all the time he did play was at LB.

But is obviously a very competetant RB.

He is a good player, and i never under stood why he didnt play for us more.

and he is a good player, definately not loving it.

Nice squad player for you guys, not setting the world alight, im not claming that but more than adequate enough to play cup games, and be called upon when injuries occur.[/quote']

When I read the headline on the BBC website earlier today my heart sunk lol

But I was :D when it turned out to be Luke and not Ashley

RE: TAIWO

Marseilles X PSG right now in the French Super Cup

If you want to watch Taiwo' date=' here's a link

[url']http://www.justin.tv/vip_wwe_1[/url] (in English)

FYI He's having a great match so far.

and on the official lfc channel (sky 434 i think) in the uk

surely his deals with city balance it out right?

he's someone who can play both FB positions and fills a quota slot' date=' plus he's a decent if not great player who could do a solid job at stand in, and also it reduces the likelihood of kelly playing far too much like with insua last season

not when they paid £6m for him 2 years ago

oh, and apparently fabio's signed a 1 year pay as you play deal[/quote']

This is probably a very obvious question, but who is Fabio?