ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I predict Liverpool to finish 8th this season' date=' behind Swansea who are guarenteed Europa League football either way. I personally think Liverpool should just concentrate on Zenit and winning the Europa league, as Hulk and Kerzakhov must be licking their lips, to destroy a weak CB partnership like Agger and Skrtel!!! How these 2 are rated 90 is beyond me!!!

Liverpool 2013/14 potential top 4 finishing team (only chance of Liverpool ever finishing 4th in the next 10 years)

[center']Ter Stegen

Wisdom Mirin Howedes Martins Indi

Herrmann Lucas Gerrard Sterling

Hooper Suarez

Subs: Gulasci, Kelly, Robinson, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge Caroll

I wouldn't mind being the Liverpool boss/scout/negotiator and run the whole club at the same time!!

Anyone agree with this sort of team and depth, and possibly Van Baasten/Rijkaard as the manager?? Or even me lol?;)B):)[/center]

That team is worse than the current best Liverpool starting 11.

I predict Liverpool to finish 8th this season' date=' behind Swansea who are guarenteed Europa League football either way. I personally think Liverpool should just concentrate on Zenit and winning the Europa league, as Hulk and Kerzakhov must be licking their lips, to destroy a weak CB partnership like Agger and Skrtel!!! How these 2 are rated 90 is beyond me!!!

Liverpool 2013/14 potential top 4 finishing team (only chance of Liverpool ever finishing 4th in the next 10 years)

[center']Ter Stegen

Hooper Suarez

I wouldn't mind being the Liverpool boss/scout/negotiator and run the whole club at the same time!!

Anyone agree with this sort of team and depth, and possibly Van Baasten/Rijkaard as the manager?? Or even me lol?;)B):)[/center]

1) Swansea are not guaranteed anything

2) That team would come no closer to finishing in the top four to the current Liverpool squad. I'd argue they'd fall further behind tbh. Way too lightweight

Any particular reason we are still responding to Commander after reading his nonsense for weeks now?

I'm not really sure why everyone is looking at tonight's performance so negatively. It really was just one of those nights. Many times I've watched Liverpool pass the ball about for fun only to create nothing, but tonight wasn't really like that. We did have chances to score and had they been taken we would have won.

I disagreed with Rodgers when he said that he didn't blame the players. Who else can you blame? His tactics were obviously fine given the number of chances we had and the number of chances we limited them to. It's up to the players to take those chances.

That team is worse than the current best Liverpool starting 11.

Really? Hooper a CF target that Liverpool desperately need - one of the best goal poachers in Europa?? Ter Stegen 100% better then Reina and he's only 20' date=' Herrmann one of the best young right wingers on the planet and Mirin, Indi and Howedes are all available to purchase in the summer, hence why i chose them, and none of them are mugs!!

1) Swansea are not guaranteed anything

2) That team would come no closer to finishing in the top four to the current Liverpool squad. I'd argue they'd fall further behind tbh. Way too lightweight

Ter Stegen, Herrmann and Howedes shouldn't be in the same sentence as the word lightweight lol - and that's an understatement.

Maybe add Jantschke or Uchida at RB??

Liverpool should shop in the Deutsch market, how Newcastle are shopping in the Francais market recently, there are many talents out there in Europa, just that Liverpool keep buying overated British players, for over the odds cash e.g. 12m for Sturridge with no competitors to sign him and now going to buy Ince for 7m!! Well over the odds cash and you can see why Liverpool will be in desperate need of a 75 000 + stadion in the future - due to their scouts and negotiators making Liverpool look like fools every year in the transfer market!!

If i was a current Liverpool fan or even a season ticket holder, wouldn't you be enraged at this stupid British-buy policy, that Dalgleish managed to implement? They are living 25 years in the past, because it's the multiculture of a dressing room that raises team spirit and gets a team up to win titles e.g. Liverpool 01, 05, 06 etc etc etc!!!

;2455021']yeah and who was at the forefront of all that success?

English players

Dummkopf

Gerrard and Carragher are one of a kind my comrade. Liverpool had Alonso, Masch, even in the 07/08 and 08/09 seasons where they were very very good, Baros, Hyypia, Smicer, Hamann, Henchoz, Babbel, Kewell, Dudek, Luis Garcia in 04-07 etc etc SO SO MANY!!!

The reason why Sir Alex does so well with United every season and year is signing the regular foreign player e.g. Kagawa and Van Persie as his most recent!!

It's different styles of culture, attitudes and behaviours that wins trophies, and this is why i firmly believe until a hardman like Hyypia comes in to manage Liverpool, they will never win a premier league title in our life times again unfortunately!

Liverpool fans need to stand up to the board of directors and show them who's boss around there!! It might be harsh to say, but gathering from Der Commander observing Rodgers every media conference and interview, he never blames his players - kind of a yes man to the board. Liverpool are in dire need of a back bone manager, who can take his own stance, players, etc etc to make them successful, and I dont personally see this occuring in the short term comrade. :eek:B)

Nationality is irrelevant' date=' quality is what matters[/quote']

Quality, which often comes from young and youngry mixed multicultured and nationality players.

Liverpool simply have too many average British players who will never succeed in their careers.

I actually can vision them getting thrashed 5-1 by Zenit right now, who were unlucky/average in the champions league to go out to Milan.

Zenit should be in the tie against Barcelona in the last 16 right now, let alone Liverpool in the last 32 Europa, and i think a wave of Liverpool fans across the world will learn how poorly developed the British players are, when they are on the receiving end of a thrashing on thursday unfortunately.

#BringinmoreDeutschplayersLiverpool!!!B)

Quality' date=' which often comes from young and youngry mixed multicultured and nationality players.

Liverpool simply have too many average British players who will never succeed in their careers.

I actually can vision them getting thrashed 5-1 by Zenit right now, who were unlucky/average in the champions league to go out to Milan.

Zenit should be in the tie against Barcelona in the last 16 right now, let alone Liverpool in the last 32 Europa, and i think a wave of Liverpool fans across the world will learn how poorly developed the British players are, when they are on the receiving end of a thrashing on thursday unfortunately.

#BringinmoreDeutschplayersLiverpool!!!B)[/quote']

Sterling will be one of the best players in the world. The rate Henderson and Shelvey are developing at they will earn many international caps in their careers. Wisdom has had a lot asked of him this season and although he can be indecisive and sloppy on the ball at many times he's only 19. Robinson is 18 and inexperienced, although he has had a poor run of performances, lets not forget 2 seasons ago he made the step up into the 1st XI for the 2nd half of the season when we had got something like the 2nd or 3rd most points in that half of the season.

You reckon Gerrard's good? He himself had a bad run when he was a lot younger and found himself dropped to the bench, and look where he is now.

Gerrard and Carragher are one of a kind my comrade. Liverpool had Alonso' date=' Masch, even in the 07/08 and 08/09 seasons where they were very very good, Baros, Hyypia, Smicer, Hamann, Henchoz, Babbel, Kewell, Dudek, Luis Garcia in 04-07 etc etc SO SO MANY!!!

The reason why Sir Alex does so well with United every season and year is signing the regular foreign player e.g. Kagawa and Van Persie as his most recent!!

It's different styles of culture, attitudes and behaviours that wins trophies, and this is why i firmly believe until a hardman like Hyypia comes in to manage Liverpool, they will never win a premier league title in our life times again unfortunately!

Liverpool fans need to stand up to the board of directors and show them who's boss around there!! It might be harsh to say, but gathering from Der Commander observing Rodgers every media conference and interview, he never blames his players - kind of a yes man to the board. Liverpool are in dire need of a back bone manager, who can take his own stance, players, etc etc to make them successful, and I dont personally see this occuring in the short term comrade. :eek:B)[/quote']

Rodgers came out and publicly criticized Enrique, Henderson and Downing, so the above is false. Now all three of them have improved loads and are in the starting XI that is playing some of the best football the club has produced in a while, and certainly some of the best in the league. Just like Gerard Houlier did to get Gerrard back to his best back in 2002 i think it was.

[center']Ter Stegen

Hooper Suarez

1st things 1st, Swansea haven't won the capitol one cup yet, they have to beat a team who's beaten, Aston Villa, Arsenal and loads of other teams that were supposed to beat them.

Now that team you put there would probably have us finish 10th.

Might I add your probably right, with 12 players we could probably win the league title

;2454992']im not being funny!! why the hell would we want to abandon our traditions of local & domestic players and sign a whole squad of johnny foreigners.....of all you mention are untried' date=' untrusted and inexperienced in the EPL!!!!!!!!

Yeah not top 4 this season, or even next, but the right minded of us on here all ready know & accept that. The foundations have been laid for a side that will blossom over the next few years when our core of young players gain more and more experience..

also you are still yet to post the links i have asked for regarding all these 'reports' you have seen with Ter Stegen joining Liverpool...

What a load of absolute nonsense.[/quote']

Because English players are carp? :D

Sterling will be one of the best players in the world. The rate Henderson and Shelvey are developing at they will earn many international caps in their careers. Wisdom has had a lot asked of him this season and although he can be indecisive and sloppy on the ball at many times he's only 19. Robinson is 18 and inexperienced' date=' although he has had a poor run of performances, lets not forget 2 seasons ago he made the step up into the 1st XI for the 2nd half of the season when we had got something like the 2nd or 3rd most points in that half of the season.

[/quote']

Never going to happen.

[center']Ter Stegen

Hooper Suarez

Are you in dreamworld?! Ter Stegen is a possibility, Wisdom at RB is nowhere near ready to step up and no Johnson? No Enrique? A complete overhaul of the back four? Lucas + Gerrard i can agree with, Sterling is still only young so you can't predict what will happen with him yet, he's started to tail off towards the second half of the season, Herrmann just no, Hooper is basically guaranteed champions league football every season so he won't leave Celtic unless they get a good offer for him and i don't think he's the type of player to link with suarez whereas Sturridge + Suarez' link up play has been amazing from what i have seen and they've only been playing + training together for a few weeks.

-Ter Stegen-

-Johnson-Agger-Skrtel-Enrique-

-Lucas-Gerrard-

-??-Suarez-Sterling-

-Sturridge-

Is the more likely starting XI for next season.

Steve Clarke came to Anfield with a clear plan and it worked to perfection. Credit to him for that, I can see why they're so high up the table.

I'm not too worried about our progress after this game, because we played our own game but a couple of the players just didn't show up and we were missing Sturridge. With Sturridge on the pitch, we win that game. Or if Henderson's backheel, Gerrard's shot from the edge of the box, Gerrard's penalty, Agger's missed header goes in we win that game.

What was up with Johnson, though? I've NEVER seen him play that bad and that's quite a statement considering he didn't have to do any defending. I hope this was a one time thing for him.

I've not criticized Agger because before this season he's hardly ever had any bad games, but now he's costing us goals in practically every game. Starting to get worrying.

Lucas looks better every game now and that's a big thing for us.

AM's of Eriksens quality are easier to find than the likes of Moussa Sissoko' date=' Tiote, Diame, etc etc?

[/quote']

Not of Eriksen's quality but good ones. And I don't think Tiote is a box-to-box midfielder and Diame isn't all that great defensively. To me a box-to-box midfielder is someone with the energy to get near the opposition box when attacking and come help the back-four when defending, while actually having the quality to do both the defending and attacking. Players like that are very, very rare. They're almost always lacking in passing ability (or creativity/vision) or they're not good enough tacklers or physical enough.

He's also correct tho :(

I wouldn't say so. It is a possibility, even if it is a small one. No-one can predict how good/bad a player can be.

Titus Bramble, although very, very close to impossible, could still be the best CB in the world in 2 years time.

True everton fan you are.

I fail to see how me supporting Everton has anything to do with this. I have watched a lot of Liverpool games this year and he hasn't done anything to make me think he will be one of the best players in the world in the future.

I wouldn't say so. It is a possibility' date=' even if it is a small one. No-one can predict how good/bad a player can be.

Titus Bramble, although very, very close to impossible, could still be the best CB in the world in 2 years time.[/quote']

If that's the argument,then everyone can say they COULD become better than Messi.

Back to the topic,i'm also not sure Sterling will be one of the best in the world,hopefully important player for Liverpool in future

I wouldn't say so. It is a possibility' date=' even if it is a small one. No-one can predict how good/bad a player can be.

Titus Bramble, although very, very close to impossible, could still be the best CB in the world in 2 years time.[/quote']

Bit in bold being the keywords, I can only post what I think and in my view Adam was correct and I don't think he will become one of the worlds best (not even top 50)

Also saying Bramble could be the best CB in the world isnt far from saying I could be, anything is possible as they say but realistically, it is not, Bramble simply does not have the skills required, and not all skills / abilities and be learned / trained otherwise everybody would be amazing.

If that's the argument' date='then everyone can say they COULD become better than Messi.

Back to the topic,i'm also not sure Sterling will be one of the best in the world,hopefully important player for Liverpool in future[/quote']

totally Agree with both parts.

Also I'm not saying Sterling is bad but I think he will get to a level similar to Lennon' date=' a good standard premier league player.[/quote']

Also agree with the above.

Time will tell how far he goes but if he keeps his head int he right direction I think he could become a great player for us, and Like Adam said similar to how Lennon is for Spurs.

Sterling will be one of the best players in the world. The rate Henderson and Shelvey are developing at they will earn many international caps in their careers. Wisdom has had a lot asked of him this season and although he can be indecisive and sloppy on the ball at many times he's only 19. Robinson is 18 and inexperienced' date=' although he has had a poor run of performances, lets not forget 2 seasons ago he made the step up into the 1st XI for the 2nd half of the season when we had got something like the 2nd or 3rd most points in that half of the season.

You reckon Gerrard's good? He himself had a bad run when he was a lot younger and found himself dropped to the bench, and look where he is now.

Rodgers came out and publicly criticized Enrique, Henderson and Downing, so the above is false. Now all three of them have improved loads and are in the starting XI that is playing some of the best football the club has produced in a while, and certainly some of the best in the league. Just like Gerard Houlier did to get Gerrard back to his best back in 2002 i think it was.

1st things 1st, Swansea haven't won the capitol one cup yet, they have to beat a team who's beaten, Aston Villa, Arsenal and loads of other teams that were supposed to beat them.

Now that team you put there would probably have us finish 10th.

Might I add your probably right, with 12 players we could probably win the league title[/quote']

Sterling will never be one of the best in the world, he does not have the such high level standards, that all the Deutsch youngsters are coming through with. You have youths like Draxler, Felix Klaus and Gotzy Wotzy light years ahead of him, and they are only 1/2 years older than him, and lets not forget Espania have just produced their next Xavi and Iniesta out of the latest factory production line - Ruben Pardo and Jose Campana who i rate both very very highly.

Henderson is a top 7/8 level player, it would take years for Rodgers to work on him to become world class - he has no confidence, he doesn't like dribbling, i remember he barely scored against Arsenal the other week with no confidence that he could surpass the defenders!!!

Robinson is nearly 20 at 19 not 18 comrade. Also the matches i have watched, he has always passed the ball side ways and chickened out of running at the defenders - Bale at 19 started doing this more regularly for Spurs for fun. Wisdom, is improving ok, he will be a decent defender in his career, possibly a solid 90 SM rated here, but make no mistake, he is not of an U21 quality, who possesses the steel toughness in defence to make a team consistent at the back and win league titles i assure you of this!!

Never going to happen.

Agreed' date=' way too many Deutsch and Espanic players coming through the academies, which are light years ahead of Englands Burton academy.

Are you in dreamworld?! Ter Stegen is a possibility, Wisdom at RB is nowhere near ready to step up and no Johnson? No Enrique? A complete overhaul of the back four? Lucas + Gerrard i can agree with, Sterling is still only young so you can't predict what will happen with him yet, he's started to tail off towards the second half of the season, Herrmann just no, Hooper is basically guaranteed champions league football every season so he won't leave Celtic unless they get a good offer for him and i don't think he's the type of player to link with suarez whereas Sturridge + Suarez' link up play has been amazing from what i have seen and they've only been playing + training together for a few weeks.

-Ter Stegen-

-Johnson-Agger-Skrtel-Enrique-

-Lucas-Gerrard-

-??-Suarez-Sterling-

-Sturridge-

Is the more likely starting XI for next season.

I am in dreamland correct Kirky, neverthless the team i made has top 4 potential, the team you offer there will get ripped apart next season, and i can guarentee to any Liverpool fan on here right now, that Liverpool will NOT finish top 4 or even top 6 next season, if they keep disallussioning themselves that Agger and Skrtel are 'decent' CB's, they are so bad, they are worser than the player Razor Ruddock who played for LFC a long time ago. So so bad, they need Howedes and Isimat Mirin. Enrique is good in attack, poor in defence way too one dimensional and lacks consistency.

Hooper is actually a Liverpool FC supporter would you believe it!! I could easily see an 8m deal going through, that's the asking price they had to Norwich who couln't even cough up 5m hahaha.

I don't really rate Sturridge much, i think he's worser than Babel, and Babel was only 21 at Liverpool and he was in the champions league playing average and not average lingering in at 8th-9th spot!!!

If Bramble becomes the best CB in the world, i will stop watching football altogether lol. There would have to be an Apocolypse for him to become the best CB in the world haha.

Also I'm not saying Sterling is bad but I think he will get to a level similar to Lennon' date=' a good standard premier league player.[/quote']

Sterling is ok and i agree, a typical 90 rated player in the future, who does well for club, but cannot perform for his country, being complacent, lazy and just not having the mentality to win Euro's and World Cups similar to Rooney, Downing, Young, Ferdinand etc etc.