ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I wouldn't be blaming sterling to be honest, he's had no service at all and been made to defend most of the night. He's generally made the right decisions web he's got the ball but if he's got no service then he's always going to be ineffective

By the sound of things, pretty happy now that i didnt know it was an early kick off because ive missed the game. Why start Sterling though?? BR is expecting way too much for an 18 year old, especially with Suso and Borini on the bench.

Didn't see any of the match but judging from stats you were pretty poor :o

Even possession and passing which Rodgers values so much were uncharacteristically bad for you

Suarez should of scored like 3. Liverpool should of won tbh.. It was just another one of those games...

Didn't see any of the match but judging from stats you were pretty poor :o

Even possession and passing which Rodgers values so much were uncharacteristically bad for you

We weren't great, zenit were better generally but we had 4/5 really good chances to score, 4 fell to Suarez as well but he didn't even hit the target. I feel hard done by cos of the chances we had but zenit controlled the game better I thought and probably deserved it

I'd rather get well beaten than constantly come away from games thinking how did we get beat there. Roll on the summer cus were in dire need of some genuine quality in the final 3rd...

In all seriousness how it's going to get that much better,Suarez,Sturridge and Borini will be your main forwards for next season,maybe a winger or two might be brought in,but if Tom Ince was your main target then I can hardly see that improving either,I'd personally be asking why your conceding goals on a regular basis when you have very little pressure on your goal on most of these occasions.

Tonight that wasn't the case but WBA was,whereas tonight Zenit always posed a threat.

In all seriousness how it's going to get that much better' date='Suarez,Sturridge and Borini will be your main forwards for next season,maybe a winger or two might be brought in,but if Tom Ince was your main target then I can hardly see that improving either,I'd personally be asking why your conceding goals on a regular basis when you have very little pressure on your goal on most of these occasions.

Tonight that wasn't the case but WBA was,whereas tonight Zenit always posed a threat.[/quote']

I'm a lot more concerned at out chance conversion ratio over the past 2 seasons tbh, it isn't coincidence or bad luck it's purely a lack of quality.

Near perfect away performance for Liverpool according to Brendan Rodgers.

Only briefly read the match report - there are worse scored to be beaten by away from home, but not pinching a goal and conceding two is not what I would call anywhere near perfect!

I'm a lot more concerned at out chance conversion ratio over the past 2 seasons tbh' date=' it isn't coincidence or bad luck it's purely a lack of quality.[/quote']

I'm way more worried about our defence than our chance conversion. Sturridge takes our attack to another level and I think he goes a long way in solving our offensive problems. For our defence we simply need new players. Jamie Carragher has been our best centre-back for some weeks now and that says a lot.

I'm way more worried about our defence than our chance conversion. Sturridge takes our attack to another level and I think he goes a long way in solving our offensive problems. For our defence we simply need new players. Jamie Carragher has been our best centre-back for some weeks now and that says a lot.

It's fine saying Sturridge solves our problems, what if he does his groin? There's no quality beyond that and were back to nights like Monday and tonight where we just can't break teams down because were not creative enough. I'd like to see 4 come in during the summer. If we can get a GK, CB, Winger and a CF of a good standard we'll do a lot better. Look at the top 4 or 5 teams, they all have quality squads and that's where we fall short.

23 games played 34 points with +12 goal differences.

I would be happy if we can get another 24 points or more and end the season with 60+ points.

Last time we end up more than 60 points barrier is in 09/10 season.

11/12 - 52 points (Champions - 89)

10/11 - 58 points (Champions - 80)

09/10 - 63 points (Champions - 86)

Our next 5 league match is really tough.

(A) Arsenal

(A) Man City

(H) West Brom

(H) Swansea

(A) Wigan

But I can see we get 10/11 points from possible 15 points.

Well, you're on 2 from 9 at the moment...

You have no cutting edge, like last season.

Well' date=' you're on 2 from 9 at the moment...

You have no cutting edge, like last season.[/quote']

2 goal lead thrown away at Arsenal,2 goals also at City and in the lead ,how many goals do you need to score at these big grounds before you have a cutting edge ,:rolleyes:

surely the root at the moment is our comic book defensive errors which is the other end of the pitch .:)