• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I do hope you know you're playing their reserves?

Swansea should be punished by EPL in my opinion. People called for Wolves to be punished in the same way a few years back

& Blackpool, they were actually fined for it as well if I remember rightly.

I'm not really sure where I stand on it myself. In one aspect you should be allowed to field whoever you want out of your 25 man squad, but in another you could also be allowing your opponents an 'easy', unfair advantage going into a game (as in unfair for other teams around your opponent who could be angry with your team selection).

I had a sneaky feeling Liverpool were going to win this one regardless anyway, but teams around them might not see it that way. Credit to them though, it's still a great result against any side that Swansea could have put out!

Sturridge was brilliant today, MoM performance from him, pace, movement, intelligent running, finishing was poor though, only thing lacking from him today, all round terrific performance from the team, why? Simply because the midfield was a lot more direct and utilised the pace of the front three.

Looked like a dislocated shoulder for Borini? Couple of weeks out then.

It was a weakened Swansea side but we did a very professional job and they never got anywhere near us. Great bit of confidence for the group going in to the 2nd leg vs Zenit which will be a whole different story as we have no Sturridge, Coutinho or Borini available.

Coutinho had a nice full debut. I was skeptical about giving him a start so soon, but he was really impressive playing on the left. Something for him to build on.

Sturridge didn't have his best game chance conversion or shooting accuracy wise but he still managed to have a massive impact. Always troubling the defenders, making space for our other attacking players and, like his other performances too, he actually looks like a really unselfish player.

Difficult to pick a man of the match.

Proved to be a good few too many changes, the players stepping in have proved capable previously but with them being so many coming in and the likes of Michu, Williams, Ki (injured), Rangel and Routledge to compensate for some of their flaws they just didn't step up to it today.

We were awful, that side just didn't belong on the same pitch as Liverpool. Fortunate it was 5, thought the first penalty was harsh considering Suarez dived but it didn't really matter in the end. We were played off the pitch, even for the players who were on the pitch, we should have done better. It was embarrassing and very bad to watch.

What frustrates me the most is every single one of the players on the pitch are capable of passing the ball, but it didn't look like we wanted possession in any way. We were playing loose sloppy passes or aerial balls to Shechter or their centre backs, either way straight back to Liverpool.

I do hope you know you're playing their reserves?

Swansea should be punished by EPL in my opinion. People called for Wolves to be punished in the same way a few years back

Yes, a few years back. They've correctly changed the rules so we're not going to get punished, we've got a 25 man squad and we've played within that squad.