Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Brendan seems to really like Shelvey for some reason. Technically he's a very good player with bags of potential' date=' but his attitude is horrendous. He can't take criticism and that needs to change, as we saw tonight he also dives into tackles a lot and is hot headed.

In the circumstances he was probably the wrong player to bring on. [b']We didn't have many attacking options on the bench and given his record in the competition it wasn't unrealistic to think he might grab a goal.[/b]

Yeah, I think BR have a same thought.

Just double check it again, the double substitution was made at 60th minute mark. Maybe Synyster was right, the timing. It was too early to become 'panic' and switch the game plan.

This is the second time BR subs off Hendo, when he don't need to be taken off, the first one was against WBA if I'm not mistaken.

Shelvey has all the ability in the world but he is just so damn slow! He takes so long to release the ball' date=' has no pace and takes ages to pressure the opposition[/quote']

Contradicting yourself there - you say he has all the ability in the world but not the ability to run fast, or the ability to release the ball quick enough or the ability to close down the opposition well enough...

Contradicting yourself there - you say he has all the ability in the world but not the ability to run fast' date=' or the ability to release the ball quick enough or the ability to close down the opposition well enough...[/quote']

As in technical ability like passing, shooting, ball control. He also doesnt have the ability to cast spells, fly, speak latin, read minds... Troll ;)

Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

I have been flamed in the past when i criticized Liverpool's defence (mostly Agger and Skrtel) but AGAIN Liverpool looses thanks to a severe mistake from the defense, this time the most experienced man there Carragher.

The amount of point Liverpool have lost since Kenny Dalglish due to this awful mistakes is just unbelievable and unacceptable and if you take a picture closely they are all around 4 or 5 players.

Dont know what Suarez did but remark what he did over his second goal... he must have stole a baby's candy or stole a the wallet to an old lady :confused:

Re: Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

I have been flamed in the past when i criticized Liverpool's defence (mostly Agger and Skrtel) but AGAIN Liverpool looses thanks to a severe mistake from the defense' date=' this time the most experienced man there Carragher.

The amount of point Liverpool have lost since Kenny Dalglish due to this awful mistakes is just unbelievable and unacceptable and if you take a picture closely they are all around 4 or 5 players.

Dont know what Suarez did but remark what he did over his second goal... he must have stole a baby's candy or stole a the wallet to an old lady :confused:[/quote']

I don't think Dalglish had anything to do with it today mate.

Oh and Suarez stamped on someone... again.

First video.

0.37 : Johnson lost the ball - Gerrard tried to cleared the ball, but it bounce off Zenit's player - Carra miss kicked - Hulk's scored.

Series of misfortune, but someone did start the chain.

Back then someone asked who should be next Liverpool vice-captain, once Carra retired and Pepe leave. Think Agger worth a shout. :)

Ah, don't worry about Suarez, I'm pretty sure it is similar like Huth's one. Unintentional.

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

I don't think Dalglish had anything to do with it today mate.

Oh and Suarez stamped on someone... again.

Dont really blaming Dalglish, just saying that even with Dalglish this sort of mistakes happened quiet often the ones. The managers changed the defense didnt, the mistakes keep happening.

That was what i was aiming for.

Was the stamp intentional?

AGAIN Liverpool looses thanks to a severe mistake from the defense' date=' this time the most experienced man there Carragher.[/quote']

We won the game 3-1 after the mistake made us 1-0 down on the night .

Who is to say that if Carra had not made the mistake we would have won 3-0 .

Having made the mistake we needed 4 goals which totally changed the entire game plan ,from then onwards .

The whole intensity of the game changed after this .

We lost and went out because of the missed easy chances from the first leg not Carras mistake tonight ,we should not have been going into tonights game needing 3 goals to go through and hoping to keep a clean for the full match ,which is not a certainty without even mistakes not being made .

Suarez all season has scored some brilliant goals from very difficult angles,but at the same time seems to miss easy sitters .

Last week he had 4 easy chances and missed all ,we should have been starting tonight with 1 away goal or at least 2 ,if i want to be picky then it should have been at the minimum 3.

If just even the one then tonights game only needing 1-0 goal to win and not 3-0 makes all the difference of releasing the pressure on the defence from kick off .

Nope its not just that simple to say Carra cost us it ,it was a two legged affair and we let ourselves down big time in the first game .:)

christ if thats what you class as a 'stamp' on someone...

pathetic. he stood on him, his foot had nowhere to go though.. no big deal, it was momentum.

i guarantee if Suarez leapt over him and crashed to the ground, the same mob would be crucifying him for 'diving'.....

im not surprised it happened though, Hubocan was flying in on Suarez all evening, they had a little coming together a while before the 'incident' when Suarez went to walk past him.

Should of had a pen off Hubocan hand/arm controlling the ball anyway in an earlier incident in the box...and how on earth Neto got through the entire game without getting booked let alone sent off.......?!?

The subs, seems some are criticising them as they didnt have the desired effect, if Shelvey took his chance we would of be praising him to high heaven. Look at the fact he practically got us through the group stage with his 4 goals in the comp up to now, no wonder he went on.

He is more of an attacking threat than Hendo & Joe Allen, but in the end he was alittle disappointing... Aissaidi was impressive but thats his limit, bit of a show pony with little end product, some nice crosses and skinning his man but didnt look like making a clear cut chance or scoring himself.

BR went looking for the win with those changes, needed fresh legs but our bench was poor, who else was the alternatives.... they were ready to go before the freekick so just the timing was unfortunate.

Very nearly another classic european night...valiant effort.

Well what can you say about last night except for a feeling of pride. The players gave everything and ran themselves into the ground. Zenit are a very very decent side and we totally dominated play and with a touch more luck could have won the tie.

The reaction to falling behind was superb, a lot of people (including some on this thread) gave up hope, but the players never gave up and showed belief and spirit to almost get us to one of the great nights at Anfield.

Speaking of Anfield, the place was rocking last night absolutely superb to see the noise, passion. Anfield on a European night is the most special place and even from my TV set you can feel the atmosphere, the suporters were absolutely brilliant and those are the kinda games/atmpspheres that as a fan and a player you live for.

Cant fault anybody thought all the first XI were superb. Terribly unfortunate with the first goal felt so sorry for Carra he will be distraught, he made an error simple as that but after everything he has done for this club he can easily be forgiven. How anybody can blame Glenn Johnson is absolutely little short of Moronic. He lost the ball eighty yards from our goal if you did that you can blame anybody for any goal. The simple fact is that it was Carra's mistake.

Luis was absolutely phenomenal again. I cannot emphasise how good he is, simply world-class. That second free kick was an absolute peach his drive and passion along with Stevie absolutely is what we are all about. If anybody thinks he committed a "stamp" then they need to learn the definition of a "stamp". But as it is Luis any chance to demonise him. The reality is he is an absolutely phenomenal footballer.

The only dissapointment for me was the subs didnt want to see either Shelvey or Assaidi come on. Both for me were poor decisions and this is not said in hindsight I said at the time.

IMO introducing Suso was the right thing to do, he has more ability than either of those two and is definetley more likely to produce a chance and fits in much more comfotably with the style of play. I seriously worry about the handling of him, it must be so frustrating seeing some of the players put on ahead of him.

Shelvey has all the ability in the world I think I read somebody say....what world is this??? It is not the one we are living on. Shelvey has not been good enough and as said before I highly doubt he ever will be to be a fixture in the side.

As for Assaidi I think you lot live in cloud-cuckoo land. yes he has a trick and got some pace but as Daggers mentioned his end product is absolutely woeful. You can beat a few players and everybody goes wow when the reality is you can do that but if you have no end product what is the point?? Didnt create a chance, produce a shot he just aint good enough in terms of his output and operating within a tactical framework. I would be very surprised if he is still here next season just not good enough technically/tactically.

Shame to go out always want to progress but we didnt lose it tonight we lost because over 180 minutes a combination of poor finishing and some calamatous defensive errors cost us. You cant help but be proud of the players though.

Weekend off time to regroup and get ready for the run in for the Premier League, hopefully we can get on a run and secure European football for next season.

Quite like Assaidi but last night definitely wasn't his time, and neither was it Shelvey's.

He must have played around just over 90 mins for us in total (maybe a bit more), then he comes on in a situation like that? No changes were needed at that point.

Can't fault all the players effort though, or the fans effort. Singing even in defeat.

Really how can you guys defend that?

I would not call it a stamp but he certainly stood on him on purpose. He a horrible rat end if story.

He was hardly at full pace to be unable to avoid it....

You guys would defend him if he commented murder lol.

World class player .... Yes without a doubt

Horrible rat.... Well without a doubt yes just check out his history....

Really how can you guys defend that?

I would not call it a stamp but he certainly stood on him on purpose. He a horrible rat end if story.

He was hardly at full pace to be unable to avoid it....

You guys would defend him if he commented murder lol.

World class player .... Yes without a doubt

Horrible rat.... Well without a doubt yes just check out his history....

They always defend him' date=' it is like the fourth time he has done something like that. But no Luis can't do no wrong.

[img']http://i.imgur.com/Y2lpdKc.gif[/img]

First time i've seen it, and it's definitely a stamp. It's one of those where live you probably can't judge 100% whether it was a stamp, or whether he was just continuing his stride.

If the ref had that repetitive gif he would have sent him off.

Similar to the one Ibrahimovic did a month or so back, and people defended him then saying he didn't mean it, even some respected journalists.

Saw Suarez have a little kick out at Anyukov too right near where i was sat. Not sure if TV picked up on that.

They always defend him' date=' it is like the fourth time he has done something like that. But no Luis can't do no wrong.

That's horrible. He's a really cracking player (that second free kick was the best I've seen in a long time) but he comes with so much baggage.

No denying his ability. But come on, sometimes you've just got to hold your hands up and say he was in the wrong there. No defending that I'm afraid. Roy Keane saw red for something similar to that a while back against Porto when he 'stepped' on Vitor Baia.

So we show great courage and character to bring the game back from the dead and Suarez is the only thing that people can talk about? Come on people.... I'm not for a second condoning what he did was right but lets look at the bigger picture. Everyone knows he's a controversial player so stop acting surprised when he has a moment of madness.

So we show great courage and character to bring the game back from the dead and Suarez is the only thing that people can talk about? Come on people.... I'm not for a second condoning what he did was right but lets look at the bigger picture. Everyone knows he's a controversial player so stop acting surprised when he has a moment of madness.

I think people are bringing it up because of the number of Liverpool fans who've defended it.

I think you did well last night without really threatening to go through, if that makes sense? Suarez was fantastic and carried you for a lot of it though. Thought Rodgers made the changes at the wrong time as it destroyed a lot of the momentum you had. I can't gauge whether the changes were right or not as I don't watch the players as much as you but I don't think Shelvey and Assaidi are players you want if you need to score again. Once again you're suffering from a lack of strike options; Carroll may well have been an effective change.

If Nani did that in the upcoming game against Madrid, and Man United won, i doubt we'd be talking about the heroics of Ferguson and his team.

Although, having said that if Gareth Barry did it for Man City in the same circumstances it wouldn't bother me, and i would talk about how good City were.

The only reason i might mention it, is that everyone feels it's their duty to mention this side of the game, as everyone else seems to focus on that!

We won the game 3-1 after the mistake made us 1-0 down on the night .

Who is to say that if Carra had not made the mistake we would have won 3-0 .

Having made the mistake we needed 4 goals which totally changed the entire game plan ' date='from then onwards .

The whole intensity of the game changed after this .

We lost and went out because of the missed easy chances from the first leg not Carras mistake tonight ,we should not have been going into tonights game needing 3 goals to go through and hoping to keep a clean for the full match ,which is not a certainty without even mistakes not being made .

Suarez all season has scored some brilliant goals from very difficult angles,but at the same time seems to miss easy sitters .

Last week he had 4 easy chances and missed all ,we should have been starting tonight with 1 away goal or at least 2 ,if i want to be picky then it should have been at the minimum 3.

If just even the one then tonights game only needing 1-0 goal to win and not 3-0 makes all the difference of releasing the pressure on the defence from kick off .

Nope its not just that simple to say Carra cost us it ,it was a two legged affair and we let ourselves down big time in the first game .:)[/quote']

I understand and i agree fully with what you say however there is a fact and the fact is that they keep committing awful mistakes, thing that i honestly dont see that much in other EPL teams. It is not something to simply solve like saying "oww yes we can allow this mistakes if the forwards would score more" but it shouldn't be like that, those mistakes are unacceptable and if i was a Liverpool fan i would be quiet worried.