• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Might be able to rest a few of the first team if we get a third.

Kelly is a very accomplished player from the little I've seen.

Ive seen Darby has come on for Agger, so Id like these other two changes:

Ayala for Soto/Skrtel and Shelvey/Dalla Valle for Lucas/Aquilani

Are any of the youngsters anywhere near a place on the subs bench against Arsenal? Im only relying on text updates, so havent seen any live action.

Btw what colour kit are they in? I didnt like the new red kit because of the diamond pattern, but it's growing on me, and I think the black kit is a nice change (although I liked the black and gold colour scheme of last season)

Ive seen Darby has come on for Agger' date=' so Id like these other two changes:

Are any of the youngsters anywhere near a place on the subs bench against Arsenal? Im only relying on text updates, so havent seen any live action.

Btw what colour kit are they in? I didnt like the new red kit because of the diamond pattern, but it's growing on me, and I think the black kit is a nice change (although I liked the black and gold colour scheme of last season)[/quote']

Yeah we were wearing the black kit, I like it myself.

Amoo was impressive on wing, got to the byline a few times using his pace but his crossing let him down. Dalla Valle and Ecclestone weren't on long enough really to say how they played but they seemed solid enough. Don't think Spearing's quite up to scratch yet though.

Ive seen Darby has come on for Agger' date=' so Id like these other two changes:

Btw what colour kit are they in? I didnt like the new red kit because of the diamond pattern, but it's growing on me, and I think the black kit is a nice change (although I liked the black and gold colour scheme of last season)[/quote']

We played with the black kit which looks very good (the red isn't good at all imo).

I think it was a decent game from us. We didn't create too many goalscoring opportunities but luckily N'gog was very good in front of the goal today. The 2nd goal was a brilliant finish and in the 1st goal he followed the situation through and was able to take advantage from Rabotnicki's poor defensive play. One player who I was really impressed by (compared to expectations) was Spearing. He was very good and he could actually be considered as a contender for Masch's replacement. I know it's too early to tell by one game but he seems to be able to play the Masch role and if he can pull it off against better teams we can benefit from that very well.

Like James C said Amoo will be known to the whole world very soon:)

An interesting quote I found from Amoo's player profile at LFC's official website: Amoo, who can also play up front, once represented London as a sprinter in the English Schools National Track and Field Championships.

We played with the black kit which looks very good (the red isn't good at all imo).

I think it was a decent game from us. We didn't create too many goalscoring opportunities but luckily N'gog was very good in front of the goal today. The 2nd goal was a brilliant finish and in the 1st goal he followed the situation through and was able to take advantage from Rabotnicki's poor defensive play. One player who I was really impressed by (compared to expectations) was Spearing. He was very good and he could actually be considered as a contender for Masch's replacement. I know it's too early to tell by one game but he seems to be able to play the Masch role and if he can pull it off against better teams we can benefit from that very well.

Like James C said Amoo will be known to the whole world very soon:)

An interesting quote I found from Amoo's player profile at LFC's official website: Amoo' date=' who can also play up front, once represented London as a sprinter in the English Schools National Track and Field Championships.[/quote']

Spearing? Are you being serious? I thought he had a very poor game. I'm still of the opinion that he's too lightweight and can't hold off players. He gave the ball away a few times tonight because of this and the oposition were pretty poor. Everytime he got the ball he only ever passed back or sideways and lacked influence overall. Way out of his depth at this level.

Spearing? Are you being serious? I thought he had a very poor game. I'm still of the opinion that he's too lightweight and can't hold off players. He gave the ball away a few times tonight because of this and the oposition were pretty poor. Everytime he got the ball he only ever passed back or sideways and lacked influence overall. Way out of his depth at this level.

I missed some bits of the game so I probably missed something what made you think he was poor. He's a bit lightweight but overall I think he did well tonight and he could become atleast a decent squad player in the future

Nice run-out for the back-up players yesterday and a positive morale-boosting result. I'm hoping several of them get more chnaces in the cups and the europa league this season as we no-one can really say we've seen enough of them to judge whether they will be able to hack the big league in the future. It's imperative we start bringing players through who can at least be adequate squad players :)

And as for Young, says it all really if the reports are to be believed, that he'd rather stay at Villa where he is unlikely to get many games (for whatever reason) rather than come to Liverpool simply due to the paycut he'd have to take. Clearly a player thinking of his nest egg when he retires and showing an overt lack of ambition. Wasn't too excited at the prospect of him joining us before, but would be even less enamoured if we continue our pursuit knowing this is the reason he is stalling.

Was impressed by Lucas and by the whole defence itself. Two orginally centre-defenders (although they can handle the flanks well aswell) and doing a good job on the RB and the LB position respectivly. Jovanovic was abit of a disappiontment to me, and Aquilani was just, garbage.

I was just thinking what we would all think if we were presented with this trade in SM :

Team XYZ offer £12.5M and Sully Muntari for Javier Mascherano

I'm willing to say that your first response would be to laugh and shake your head in disgust and then you might actually go as far as to block the other manager... :D

Either that or we'd counter Muntari/Motta + Balotelli + £20m (and if we were really peeved off with the first offer, we'd ask for Cambiasso and Eto'o) :P

Maybe a kid like Alibec or Stevanovic (although the latter might be out on loan).

He went to Torino on a permanent basis' date=' didn't he?

Anyway, Thiago Motta, with his playing style would fit [i']so[/i] perfect in EPL in my opinion. Otherwise, there's also a certain Mathieu Flamini, who Milan would easily sell for perhaps 10-15M €.

If we could manage to land Defour that would be very exciting and send a really big statement to the rest of the league.

If the story is true and we do ge him' date=' I would be very confident going against Arsenal at the start of the season for the first time.[/quote']

What midfield would people play then???

By common consent (although not necessarily mine) Cole will be behind Torres possibly so that only leaves 2 CM positions with Gerrard obviously having one.......trying to fit Lucas, Aquilani, Defour, Spearing (:P) in the same team aint gunna work who do people leave out??

Defour is not a holding midfielder far from it his qualities are very simillar to those of Aquilani, if we want a holding midfielder defour aint your man, hink of those lot Lucas may be the more natural to play that role although none of them are what you would call defence minded.....I am just not sure how Defour fits in to be honest.

I think a quality LB and a CF are the areas we need more desperately. A replacement for Masch is not altogether necessary

By common consent (although not necessarily mine) Cole will be behind Torres possibly so that only leaves 2 CM positions with Gerrard obviously having one.......trying to fit Lucas' date=' Aquilani, Defour, Spearing (:P) in the same team aint gunna work who do people leave out??

Defour is not a holding midfielder far from it his qualities are very simillar to those of Aquilani, if we want a holding midfielder defour aint your man, hink of those lot Lucas may be the more natural to play that role although none of them are what you would call defence minded.....I am just not sure how Defour fits in to be honest.

I think a quality LB and a CF are the areas we need more desperately. A replacement for Masch is not altogether necessary[/quote']

at the moment my team would be something like

Reina

Johnson Carragher Skrtel Agger

Aquilani Mascherano

Cole

Kuyt Torres Gerrard

With Gerrard not really a left winger or striker but in that kind of zone.

Obviously for Defour to come in Mascherano will have left so he would fit in there and be more like Alonso was.

If you guy's could pick 3 realistic options to sign this summer, from the money we currently have, and if Insua goes (around the 10 million mark, i think) then the hopeful 25-30 million sum from Mascherano, who would you like us to sign from that?

I'd like to see us get obviously a new left back: Taye Taiwo? Then for the replacement of Mascherano i'd like either Ever Banega, or Defour? and then a goal scoring striker possibly, which Im stuck on.... :P

lucas/gerrard

gerrard/aquilani aquilani/defour

maxi/cole/kuyt jovanovic/cole/maxi

torres

but yeah' date=' we dont need a like for like masch replacement, think lucas could do that role effectively or even drop gerrard there as his legs start to go like with matthaus

I think a quality LB and a CF are the areas we need more desperately. A replacement for Masch is not altogether necessary

yup

If you guy's could pick 3 realistic options to sign this summer' date=' from the money we currently have, and if Insua goes (around the 10 million mark, i think) then the hopeful 25-30 million sum from Mascherano, who would you like us to sign from that?

I'd like to see us get obviously a new left back: Taye Taiwo? Then for the replacement of Mascherano i'd like either Ever Banega, or Defour? and then a goal scoring striker possibly, which Im stuck on.... :P[/quote']

left back:salcido-3million

figueroa-7mill

midfielder-either banega, defour or Javi Martinez - 12mill

Paul Scharner (free)

forward-either diego forlan ,peter crouch or Asamoah Gyan -12mill